Can you see global swirls on shared mob and get no loot?

Fanan

Stalker
Fanan Head Shot
Hello all.

Last night a really weird thing happened to me, what in my opinion is bit disappointing.

I went to check the atrax and cornundacauda spawns SW from Camp Caravan. Right after I tp to Camp Caravan I used my personal TP chip to jump to the field but in the last second I got one hit, probably from the steel birds rooming there near the Camp Caravan tp. After 20 minutes or so I got some swirls for what I thought it was a little atrax global but no. That exactly atrax was a no loot (thing that i didn't saw for a long time but yes it can happen) and on the global chat showed up one shared loot global for a Steel bird Elite of 110ped. I got no loot at all, nada, zero. So apparently you got the swirls now on shared mob even if you only get hitted by the mob and even if it was only once.

Is this a bug or working as intended? Anyone experienced this before?

It was a frustrating moment, thinking you got anything nice, at least above 10ped and to find out that you got a no loot and those swirls were not even for you.

Hunting with low gear on shared mobs, when they global I regularily get both: no l00t and swirlies, l00t and no swirlies. My assumption is that there is a fixed number of avatars that get the swirlies, which would be those who contributed the most to killing the mob (maybe depending on the mob′s HP). Therefore, with only few hunters on your mob you might get swirlies even if you lost out completely in the shared l00t lottery.

:dunno:

Last edited:
Item or esi without shrapnel ? You getting hit on armor was not enough to get it.

If you're on a different server by the time mob goes down, the loot can go straight to your storage*. Check if there is a suspicious pile of shrap there.

* there might be other conditions for this to happen of which I'm not quite sure.

Happened to me 3-4 months ago on Ark, was running near one of those huge event mobs and killed by it (unarmored), a hour later a mob with same name hoffed for 4 digits while I was standing at auction and I had the swirlies. No loot obviously.

Yes if you have been hit by the mob you will have swirlies, and no loot can happens.
Most times you will get few PEC, even if you were unarmored.

And I think too the maximum amount of people that can get swirlies on a mob is 12.
When there is more people involved in the kill, then the 12 that makes the most damage will get swirlies.

When people are doing zombie kong on rt i sometimes put a shot into them for swirl... loot usually ends up in storage, so you should check it for shrapnell.

And I think too the maximum amount of people that can get swirlies on a mob is 12.
When there is more people involved in the kill, then the 12 that makes the most damage will get swirlies.

It's the first 12 people who come in contact with the mob, either harming it or being harmed, no matter of their damage. When I'm stupid enough to go to shared I get swirlies on every boss even with my joke dps, having no lag and noticing the mob earlier than many :)

Thanks all for the replies.

I did know that healing others that are killing shared mobs can result in loot for you because you have an indirect contribution on the peds spent to kill the mob. And in some way it makes sense as the current loot 2.0 rules.

Happened to me 3-4 months ago on Ark, was running near one of those huge event mobs and killed by it (unarmored), a hour later a mob with same name hoffed for 4 digits while I was standing at auction and I had the swirlies. No loot obviously.

Now this is even more weird situation since you weren't using any armor, in my case I was using unplated gnome (little decay but still) and mob hitted me 50's or so damage once. Not using armor means that you didn't have any contribution at all on peds spent to take the mob down and it should never make you have the swirls for the glob/hof.

Thanks for sharing your story Svarog. Guess we will need to live with it for now, doesn't make any sense but EU is dynamic in many ways it seems. ;)

Last edited:
Back