FYI: "Offline for Upgrades" and The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
There is a story about a boy in a town who found himself bored with his circumstances. He began to cry out loudly in the town that there was a wolf causing massive damage to the town's flocks. The townspeople came out running with any weapon of opportunity looking for this wolf. When it became apparent that there was no wolf, the townspeople went home. This process repeated itself several more times. One day the boy found an actual wolf in the fields and ran for his life into the town screaming as loud as he could that there was a wolf, a real wolf, and that they were all in danger. By now the people had become conditioned to the boy's misleading statements and ignored him. The boy was overcome, eviscerated, and devoured by the wolf.

Often when I try logging into Entropia Universe I get a message saying "Entropia Universe is currently offline for upgrades". If I simply try logging on again, it allows me to do so.
If the entire universe is not actually offline for upgrades, why do I still get that message? I recommend changing it to be more accurate to the circumstances.

Very respectfully,

- Captain Jack

Basically, that is the clients way of saying "I sent the login package but didn't get a response so the server must be in maintenance mode"

It would most definitely be a good idea to change the default message to something else but that would most likely mean adding an intermediate server for handling requests

Back