Unlock decimals in the auction!!!

LMTR14

Alpha
Thomas LMTR14 Reisinger
:mad:

yesterday I discovered that there are stack limitations in the game. for combustors (daily craft) the maximum stack size is only a laughable ONE THOUSAND (300 ped). and obviously only 1 stack of them can be entered into the auction at once.

which means I can't select the markup I want to sell them at freely, but only at 0.33% intervals! (100.33, 100.66 etc)

the fact the auction is still crippled with this asinine limitation is unbearable enough (as if double fees weren't enough to put me off trading in this game), but as I previously had no clue there were stack limitations too (invisible and arbitrary ones to boot!) my anger has increased tenfold.

REMOVE THE DECIMAL LOCK. IT SERVES NO PURPOSE FFS. LET TRADE FLOW :mad:

:mad:

yesterday I discovered that there are stack limitations in the game. for combustors (daily craft) the maximum stack size is only a laughable ONE THOUSAND (300 ped).

For chair frames it's 1000 units as well =)

EU suffers from a big problem:

new players usually start with low and very low budgets, which only increase with gained trust into the concept and positive game experience.

herefrom results the problem they cannot stockpile enough quality loots to collect auctionable amounts, thus they are forced to TT quality loot to pay their next activities.
this increases newcomers costs to play, negates their efforts, is disencouraging, hampers affiliation and convergence to EU and reduces the chance to become an enduring and recurringly depositing player.

those are recurring complaints of new players and disciples i know.

opening the decimals in auction, combined with a simple, fixed 0,25% auction fee [ instead of 0,50PED + ((99,5*0,75*MU) / ((1990*0,75)+MU)) ] would:

therefore i plea to change auction rules to:
  • no initial 0,50 ped fee
  • simple auction fee around 0,25% to feed MA's needs
  • open decimals
  • close decimals above 100PED volume, if you feel better then

Just no. Don't want to browse through 10000 pages of crap.
:wise: i give my newbie disciple this hint:
step 1 - filter by item name
step 2 - sort the auction offers by start bid and/or buyout bid

this is exactly the same i already do today.
even YOU can do it! Try it! it really works!

Last edited:
It's not the auction that should be changed here, it's the limits on stack sizes. I didn't know that was the case for those components. Same deal with strongboxes which can't be stacked more than 50 at a time.

These limits are annoying and pointless, please get rid of them.

What I would like to see, is the auction system from Eve.

Namely, if I have to sell 10 LP-55, that counts as one offer at the price of, say, 130%. But from the buyer's perspective, those are ten offers. So one customer could buy 3 and another one 7.

On items, give or take, doesn't add that much and it might endanger shops (which I think are a pile of dogshit anyway, very poor functionality, humanity has discovered another planet but is shopping like in the beginning of 20th century - this should be redesigned from ground).

But on stackables would be absolutely glorious. Just list that damn 4k ped alternative at, say, 116% and I would pick off it whatever the heck I want. Maybe now I need 1k ped maybe in 2 hours I need 100 ped or 2,5k ped. Now the markups are an absolute joke, small stack buyers and sellers are ripped off and fluidity is hampered because reasons.

There could be issues with skill implants, but with stackables there has to be something done. Same thing is valid for shops, there is no reason for which, if the seller puts 500 of whatever on the table, I am not allowed to buy, dunno, 32.

The design is already there, they only need to mirror the order mechanism ffs.

Whilst the intention is good, the law of unintended consequences really would ruin auction.

Leave as is. (sorry)

herefrom results the problem they cannot stockpile enough quality loots to collect auctionable amounts, thus they are forced to TT quality loot to pay their next activities.

They aren't forced to TT quality loot, they can simply sell it to traders who then build a stack for auction...

EU suffers from a big problem:

new players usually start with low and very low budgets, which only increase with gained trust into the concept and positive game experience.

this increases newcomers costs to play, negates their efforts, is disencouraging, hampers affiliation and convergence to EU and reduces the chance to become an enduring and recurringly depositing player.

those are recurring complaints of new players and disciples i know.

opening the decimals in auction, combined with a simple, fixed 0,25% auction fee [ instead of 0,50PED + ((99,5*0,75*MU) / ((1990*0,75)+MU)) ] would:

therefore i plea to change auction rules to:
  • no initial 0,50 ped fee
  • simple auction fee around 0,25% to feed MA's needs
  • open decimals
  • close decimals above 100PED volume, if you feel better then

:wise: i give my newbie disciple this hint:
step 1 - filter by item name
step 2 - sort the auction offers by start bid and/or buyout bid

this is exactly the same i already do today.
even YOU can do it! Try it! it really works!

I can't remember where auction fees go, but MA would make a lot more money on this?
They would get far more people using auction, and would make their little cut. (If Auction fees go to MA, which for the life of me I cannot remember)

Rgds

Ace

They aren't forced to TT quality loot, they can simply sell it to traders who then build a stack for auction...

when did you last try to sell a convolute of [Socket I Component], [Diluted Cloth Extractor], [Animal Hide], etc. with a total TT value of 12,32 ped for a reasonable price on the street?

you would have to spend hours for pecs there. even sweating would be more profitable.

Ergo: after displeasing hours the stuff goes to TT, which:
  • increases newcomers costs to play
  • negates their efforts
  • is disencouraging
  • hampers affiliation and convergence to EU
  • reduces the chance to become an enduring and recurringly depositing player

Do it for shops ( first ped)
And leave auction as it is.

when did you last try to sell a convolute of [Socket I Component], [Diluted Cloth Extractor], [Animal Hide], etc. with a total TT value of 12,32 ped for a reasonable price on the street?

you would have to spend hours for pecs there. even sweating would be more profitable.

animal hide was last week.
The socket I and diluted i either use myself or buy and resell through auction ^^

You can advertise in trade chat while sweating/fruit walking....

animal hide was last week.
The socket I and diluted i either use myself or buy and resell through auction ^^

You can advertise in trade chat while sweating/fruit walking....

You obviously dont get the point!

Its about new players with a small bankroll, not some years old crafters with money.

Think about a new player that have only 50-100 PED (one small deposit, just to test the game).
Thats enough for 1 hunt on small mobs, but then he needs to sell all his loots to go back to hunting again.

What about that 3 Foul bones, what about that 2 prancer skins, what about that 20 molisk tooth, what about the 5 or 6 or 2 whatever.

The list will become very very long for hunters on a 100 PED budget.
Many things definately is not sellable in auction, and nearly impossible to find traders buying that things, if you dont come with big stacks.

No problem with animal oils, but most other loot simply is not sellable in that small amounts.

So it goes to TT even if it would have 130%+ MU

This hurts especially new players!

I am definately for lower base auction fee and also for decimals!
Its insane that a minimum sales price for newbe loot (Skildek Lancehead) is 1 PED and auction fee of that 0.50 PED for an full TT item of 0.20 PED. The fee alone is 250% of the items TT value LOL

I know auction is full of it at 1 PED, but how many will go unsold, and its mainly new players that lose another 0.50 PED on a useless auction with a very low chance it will be bought.

Maximum number of Combustor that any blueprint uses is 5, and it's Jormungand (rare).
Among common blueprints, none use more than 4 (Pitbull Mk. I).
No one in their sane mind does 250 clicks of Pitbulls at once. (they'd take half a year to sell)

Ergo, the probability of anyone ever needing 1000+ Combustor is infinitesimally low.

That said, there are other stack limits that are indeed too low (strongboxes, holiday candy that doesn't stack with the previous year etc.)

What about that 3 Foul bones, what about that 2 prancer skins, what about that 20 molisk tooth, what about the 5 or 6 or 2 whatever.

The list will become very very long for hunters on a 100 PED budget.
Many things definately is not sellable in auction, and nearly impossible to find traders buying that things, if you dont come with big stacks.

why are there no traders tapping into that? that's something i've always wondered about.
maybe stick to the same mob instead of hunting 20 different ones? that certainly solves the having 3 of this, 2 of that issue...

Last edited:
maybe stick to the same mob instead of hunting 20 different ones? that certainly solves the having 3 of this, 2 of that issue...

Even if you stick to the same mob, you cant build large enough stacks to auction your loots on a 100 PED budget.
Most new players simply dont have more than that.

Beside that there is daily mission, where the hunting I is mostly the only one doable for new players, but it rarly is the same mobs every day :)

Even if you stick to the same mob, you cant build large enough stacks to auction your loots on a 100 PED budget.
Most new players simply dont have more than that.

Sure you can if you stick with punies. And it's a financial suicide to go any higher with 100 ped bankroll.

We have a society shopkeeper setup at genesis HQ. I can be used for anything. And from the tt+1 first ped, it's perfectly possible to add things with decimals. Ofcourse it would be better to remove the tt+1 as well, so players could start selling noob weapons for tt+0.20 etc.

If more new player friendly societies would do this, this would solve the problem for new players, and the auction would remain unspoilt.

Back