Net return / Mining costs / Decay / MU

LeelooM

Prowler
Society
Spectra
Leeloo Leeloo Mountain
According to MA : Net return cycling for 100,000 PED since VU 15.15: 97.29%

But how much does mining cost?
Since I noticed some changes lately I started counting ...

I think getting a 'netto return' of 97,29% isn't that bad at all, BUT you still have costs.... here some averages :

Probes you get at 100% so this means you are loosing 0%
I use a F-106 + ME/01 + T-105 so no MU to pay 0%
I do not use L finders so I don't pay MU on those is 0,00 %
I also use depth enh @ 200% (between lvl I-IX) and that is another 1,3686 %
I do not use amp so I don't pay MU on those is 0,00%
I do not mine in taxed LA's so that is 0,00%

So what is the end result in costs :
97,29% netto return MINUS all my costs 1,3686% = 95,9214%

What I did notice lately is that mining is extremely stable if you mine the same area's over and over again
Some MU's are already changing at auction and going up.
Depth enhancers (on UL finder) or taking a very very very long time to break now.

Noticed something else?
Like/dislike this?
Please let us know !!!

I wrote down some wrong counting so thanks to Ferial I corrected it!!! Thank you Ferial

Last edited:
I may just be stupid, but I don´t understand? :D

If your return is 97,29%, doesn´t that mean you get 97,29 ped back on 100 ped TOTAL spent?
Which means you have already deducted all your cost? Why do it again?

If you go out, drop 1000 ped in probes, repair your stuff for 100 ped and break 10 enhancers (@ 200%), you have effectively spent 1116 ped?

If you get ores/enmatter with a total TT value of 1085,76ped you get 97,29% return.

I may just be stupid, but I don´t understand? :D

If your return is 97,29%, doesn´t that mean you get 97,29 ped back on 100 ped TOTAL spent?
Which means you have already deducted all your cost? Why do it again?

If you go out, drop 1000 ped in probes, repair your stuff for 100 ped and break 10 enhancers (@ 200%), you have effectively spent 1116 ped?

If you get ores/enmatter with a total TT value of 1085,76ped you get 97,29% return.

AAHHHHH I see what you mean ..... yes indeed, I'm wrong... you only loose MU on total spend indeed, so in my case I loose on enh only cause for that I pay MU...

When mining on a taxed la you loose ??%
When using amps you loose on MU
When using L finders you loose on MU also
Selling your resources with MU needs to pay for the MU you spend

Nice LeeLoo. We need some data for miners. Not much out there.
I re-started after some time ago to mine again before the loot 2.0 occured (for mining)

I have a long data to share also with some numbers.

I did 253k worth of drops for ores (some with pre-amped finder) with the following data:
11 808 PED = decay (I use mostly L here)
Finder MU = 3651 PED
enhancers MU = 6978 PED (counted at 200%)
amp cost 2504 ped with MU of 85 (not used much amps)

Return with this is 96.72%

Enmatter:
52k worth of drops (including some pre-amped finders)
decay = 1253
finder MU = 165
enhancer cost = 9.6 :)D)
amp cost = 2931 with MU of 16 PED

Return = 100.4%
But using mostly the imk2 version for mining,the MD- series

What we learn is that eco in finder help improving the TT return.
For enmatter I have no enhancer cost or MU for finder. While the hunting have higher decay and higher costs in general due to enhancer.

Side note; Mining did change. before you could hit big hits. I had less % in return before with higher profit and MU
Today's mining is higher % return in TT with less MU and less profit. Kinda sad :scratch2:

Nice LeeLoo. We need some data for miners. Not much out there.
I re-started after some time ago to mine again before the loot 2.0 occured (for mining)

I have a long data to share also with some numbers.

I did 253k worth of drops for ores (some with pre-amped finder) with the following data:
11 808 PED = decay (I use mostly L here)
Finder MU = 3651 PED
enhancers MU = 6978 PED (counted at 200%)
amp cost 2504 ped with MU of 85 (not used much amps)

Return with this is 96.72%

Enmatter:
52k worth of drops (including some pre-amped finders)
decay = 1253
finder MU = 165
enhancer cost = 9.6 :)D)
amp cost = 2931 with MU of 16 PED

Return = 100.4%
But using mostly the imk2 version for mining,the MD- series

What we learn is that eco in finder help improving the TT return.
For enmatter I have no enhancer cost or MU for finder. While the hunting have higher decay and higher costs in general due to enhancer.

Side note; Mining did change. before you could hit big hits. I had less % in return before with higher profit and MU
Today's mining is higher % return in TT with less MU and less profit. Kinda sad :scratch2:

woohoo Nice data indeed thank you very much :yay:

I started a new sheet also :)

Yes, I'm getting a lot less multipliers also, but still managing (cause of very eco mining) so far to get a TT return 112,20% (costs already substracted) and I'm only looking at 1 spot for high MU ores (and you know where lol)
TT return is 118,54%
TT return +% is 128,37%

Imo you can control your costs better, so if you go mining on a taxed LA with a high mu finder and big amps ....
Not that this is wrong but you will have to compensate that with some "lower" runs to break even again if not lucky.

I noticed also that the more higher % resources are getting harder to find, this indeed makes it harder to break even if your costs are higher.

Last edited:
they brake faster if you are mining for ores and less for enmatter
if you use them when mining for ores/enm at the same time they brake faster

they brake 50% less on UL finder then on a L finder

In the mining guide are the average breakrates over several K drops.

if your finder has a range of 50m do you drop every 51m or every 101m?

Range is radius, so you drop per diameter. I set my finders at 55m in LBML and I drop such as to not overlap (so 110m).

However this is extremely debatable and is one of the blackbox aspects of mining, it partains to timing and such. I prefer to just pick the theoretical safest method and not overlap and focus on what I can control, which is mu.

On topic, my results have been pretty awkward, but I switched a few setups (so there has to be some chaos from this) trying to accomodate various depths. 1 global in 8k tt turnover with dsec30+lvl5, be it single or double drop, is a bit extreme in my view. Compared to last year's logs, I have apparently the same lows (runs of 70%ish), but missing the high ones. Used to be a significant-plentiful every 2-3ktt.

In terms of MU balance, is a matter of testing and evaluating the area, but is always been like this.

Tt-wise for 2018 I am at 94%, but I haven't mined much. Corroborating with last year though I am still at 110% tt due to the tower so I guess I can't complain for the next 2 years :laugh: MU I don't keep track compared to turnover, because is realized alot later and I don't want to steal my hat. I keep a permanent balance of in-out and I compare to tt loss, aim being to cover it, so no clue on the overall %.

Ref enhancers, last time tested in january and I had almost the same break rate as L, so parted ways with my tier10 f106 and been mostly hunting since then, if not on a break.

Ref enhancers, last time tested in january and I had almost the same break rate as L, so parted ways with my tier10 f106 and been mostly hunting since then, if not on a break.

The reduced breakage rate on UL finders is fairly recent... might want to get back out there!

Back