PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Post New Interaction System #1

New Interaction System #1

MindArk is excited to announce that the work on the new camera and interaction system has been progressing well and we value the feedback gathered during the Test Workshop held in October.

The Test Workshop provided valuable insights from a cross-section of the Entropia community on this new system. We have also been monitoring community forum discussion threads and have already incorporated several changes and adjustments based on the large amount of feedback received.

The main goal with the new camera system is to offer a more intuitive, immersive, fun, and user-friendly Entropia Universe experience, as well as to improve the conversion and retention rates of new participants.

To ensure a smooth transition, MindArk plans to continue testing and tweaking the new system, with an eye toward a Q1 2019 release. More information about the new system will be made available periodically as the release date approaches.

Originally Posted Here

2. 12-03-2018, 13:19
    Reason
    Rule 3.11 - Frivolous Posts

It's hard to give much feedback when we know almost nothing about it other than generalities.
    2.99% Spiders! @Takuta Plateau 38736, 31700

Taking offers for Modified Fire Forge BGH 4400M

Xen Shop Hyperstim 10mg 6.5 ped each | Combustive Attack Nanochip VIII t1.9 | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) t1.9 | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) t1.7 | Merry Mayhem 12 Shin Guards (M) t2.7 | Athenic Ring Adjusted | Christmas 2017 Strongbox 168 @ 7 ped each LAST CHANCE TO LOOT THE EPIC CHRISTMAS RING 2017!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Some screenshots would go a long way, Bertha. Can you hook us with a few?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    so no more camera going inside of avatar's head in 3rd person perspective?

or invisible wall bugs, invisible floor bugs, etc. ?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Forgo Forgorth Lundain
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Amazing news story, the videos are extremely in depth, the team is really going above and beyond to show us what the hell they are talking about.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    forgive me if I soak my panties in anticipation

New camera system isn't exactly at the top of my wishlist but whatever... Thanks for the update, good to hear you are working on SOMETHING.

Quote Originally Posted by forgo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amazing news story, the videos are extremely in depth, the team is really going above and beyond to show us what the hell they are talking about.
    I know eh? The teaser video really sells the new system.

Watching The End Of The Universe Since 2010...

Quote Originally Posted by jambon View Post
    I know eh? The teaser video really sells the new system.
    Yeah! The skinning of the sheep and throwing it on the back end of the arret really visualises what skilling is all about, for example. It's right up there with other graphics now , although I could do without the horse's arse view all the time...

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by forgo View Post
    Let them be, I'd rather they code away instead of having to produce eyecandy for salespeople. If only they found some time in between to fix the worst bugs, like chat channels and shop reloading for starters. That would really go a long way in selling the product. What irks me most is that the leadership change hasn't had a noticeable effect in this regard.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    The main goal with the new camera system is to offer a more intuitive, immersive, fun, and user-friendly Entropia Universe experience, as well as to improve the conversion and retention rates of new participants.
    Correlation isn't causation, MA.

Even if your data shows OTS players having better retention rate, it does not follow that forcing OTS on everyone else will improve retention.

People do not quit because the bird's eye view has some evil magic to it. It's just that it's often chosen by people coming from strategy games, and to those EU isn't particularly appealing at the start.
    Rodent of the Multiverse

Selling:
    241x Halloween Strongbox 3.99 ea

i whoud love to see some screenshots first

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast