New Interaction System #1

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]New Interaction System #1[/h]
MindArk is excited to announce that the work on the new camera and interaction system has been progressing well and we value the feedback gathered during the Test Workshop held in October.

The Test Workshop provided valuable insights from a cross-section of the Entropia community on this new system. We have also been monitoring community forum discussion threads and have already incorporated several changes and adjustments based on the large amount of feedback received.

The main goal with the new camera system is to offer a more intuitive, immersive, fun, and user-friendly Entropia Universe experience, as well as to improve the conversion and retention rates of new participants.

To ensure a smooth transition, MindArk plans to continue testing and tweaking the new system, with an eye toward a Q1 2019 release. More information about the new system will be made available periodically as the release date approaches.

Originally Posted Here

It's hard to give much feedback when we know almost nothing about it other than generalities.

Some screenshots would go a long way, Bertha. Can you hook us with a few? :wtg:

so no more camera going inside of avatar's head in 3rd person perspective?

or invisible wall bugs, invisible floor bugs, etc. ?

Amazing news story, the videos are extremely in depth, the team is really going above and beyond to show us what the hell they are talking about.

forgive me if I soak my panties in anticipation :handjob:

New camera system isn't exactly at the top of my wishlist but whatever... Thanks for the update, good to hear you are working on SOMETHING.

Amazing news story, the videos are extremely in depth, the team is really going above and beyond to show us what the hell they are talking about.

I know eh? The teaser video really sells the new system.

Yeah! The skinning of the sheep and throwing it on the back end of the arret really visualises what skilling is all about, for example. It's right up there with other graphics now ;), although I could do without the horse's arse view all the time...

Reactions: San

Let them be, I'd rather they code away instead of having to produce eyecandy for salespeople. If only they found some time in between to fix the worst bugs, like chat channels and shop reloading for starters. That would really go a long way in selling the product. What irks me most is that the leadership change hasn't had a noticeable effect in this regard.

The main goal with the new camera system is to offer a more intuitive, immersive, fun, and user-friendly Entropia Universe experience, as well as to improve the conversion and retention rates of new participants.

Correlation isn't causation, MA.

Even if your data shows OTS players having better retention rate, it does not follow that forcing OTS on everyone else will improve retention.

People do not quit because the bird's eye view has some evil magic to it. It's just that it's often chosen by people coming from strategy games, and to those EU isn't particularly appealing at the start.

you monitor discussion threads?? Is this April Fools??
You all have the oddest priorities in the world.

BTW - I love the Shirikiba update - NOT! They look like crap. And they updated a new mob - made little sense to me.

Could be that im really sleepy and stupid and dont get the irony but what video....and...why work on something that works to well over 90% when there are stuff that really would get you more cred from the population in the universe.

Just my 2 pec...

From the data I have gathered, MA is no longer ran by professionals. The guys who actually know what they're doing (and believe me - their knowledge is 1/2 the size of a virus) are busy on chronic vacations.

The unpaid interns are now running the show, using a 1969 Etch-A-Sketch to create content.

From the small bits I have heard about it, I think it sounds good but may get aggravating and please leave the option for players to choose or turn off if they do not like the 'view.'

:beerchug:

I wish u did someting about the auto aim, so it dosent go to a dead mob and stick there for a few seconds and not aim on a far away mob when i aim ganged close of a few..
This is realy anoying imo .:wise:

I wish u did someting about the auto aim, so it dosent go to a dead mob and stick there for a few seconds and not aim on a far away mob when i aim ganged close of a few..

Hit Alt key first to select self (old default), then next target. The system selects next target from the last location, which is the dead mob. If the dead mob was further away from you than other mobs it will not select those closer mobs.

Quite funny how fast one can adjust, even to issues like this. Now I'm so used to tap W as soon as
I see that the avatar moves to the position the dead mob had, that I quite often don't even react on it.
Other days it annoys me as hell, it depends on what mob I hunt. ;)
So yes, this needs to be fixed.

Out with the old, in with the new. I’d update the game engine before wasting time and money on a new camera/interaction system.

Some screenshots would go a long way, Bertha. Can you hook us with a few? :wtg:

This (at least as I understand it) is more about the way we can move and manipulate the image we see on screen, so I don't think screenshots would be especially helpful, but videos would be good, especially with some sort of tutorial-style voiceover to explain the new controls, or the new implementation of the old controls (I'm unclear which it is, or if it's both).

you monitor discussion threads?? Is this April Fools??
You all have the oddest priorities in the world.

BTW - I love the Shirikiba update - NOT! They look like crap. And they updated a new mob - made little sense to me.

LOL. At guess I'm not the only one who thinks the current Shink skins are crap. Looks like they got the aids.

Geesh guys...

Give em some space...this will likely be the biggest GUI update in the game since Cry....Im excited! its gonna be cool.

Brick

forgive me if I soak my panties in anticipation :handjob:

New camera system isn't exactly at the top of my wishlist but whatever... Thanks for the update, good to hear you are working on SOMETHING.

What video?

Video coverage showcasing the change? In 2018? From MA? Don't be ridiculous now....

Hit Alt key first to select self (old default), then next target. The system selects next target from the last location, which is the dead mob. If the dead mob was further away from you than other mobs it will not select those closer mobs.

Thx for the tip m8 but imo its noting i should be forced to do here. It should be able to work anyway if it is programed correct.

Quite funny how fast one can adjust, even to issues like this. Now I'm so used to tap W as soon as
I see that the avatar moves to the position the dead mob had, that I quite often don't even react on it.
Other days it annoys me as hell, it depends on what mob I hunt. ;)
So yes, this needs to be fixed.

Yea it sure is possible to hit W so it stop move to the dead mob but must go and fix so it dont do that to.

What this new feature is about i have no idea about but i dont understand why its nessasary tbh .
I heard that it would make it impossible to scroll in and out and then its sometimg i sure dont like .

New camera system on old platform...hm
Tbh I believe it will be a nice new thing and also more interactive than its atm.
PS: if it’s a new thing in gaming system you know that they cannot reveal it until a couple of weeks before the implement.

MindArk is excited to announce that the work on the new camera and interaction system has been progressing well and we value the feedback gathered during the Test Workshop held in October.

The Test Workshop provided valuable insights from a cross-section of the Entropia community on this new system. We have also been monitoring community forum discussion threads and have already incorporated several changes and adjustments based on the large amount of feedback received.

To ensure a smooth transition, MindArk plans to continue testing and tweaking the new system, with an eye toward a Q1 2019 release. More information about the new system will be made available periodically as the release date approaches.

Originally Posted Here

"Do you want to know more?" :cool:

Originally Posted Here

1/3rd of Q1 is already over ... so, where's the periodically released information about the new system, please? :confused:

Reactions: San
controls are fine, don't fuck with them. I literally quit games over ui reworks!

I smell massive trouble oncoming...

I noticed the change in wording from "new camera system" to "new interaction system". The initial announcement with mere mention of the camera had a rather lukewarm reception, but now this looks as if it's going to be much bigger. (And I have a suspicion what the Battle Simulator was for.)

I am also positive about this and would rather have them do a good job than a rush job. But some form of communication on a regular base is in order and was actually promised. Every single effort in this regard has turned out a straw fire and that's a shame. At least bi-monthly dev notes would be cool.

i dont know why they wanne change the UI at all... its like the only thing that has basically no bugs. The Zoom on the camera is ok and the turning around while moving is working great. the camera here is a lot better than in most games ive played. why change the only good working thing?

changing this might get lots of people to quit if its not done correctly... and i dont even wanne think about the money thats blown away for useless crap here that could and should have been spend on bug fixing and releasing stuff that has been promised for like 5 to 10 years.

Last edited:
Back