New Interaction System #1

i dont know why they wanne change the UI at all... its like the only thing that has basically no bugs. The Zoom on the camera is ok and the turning around while moving is working great. the camera here is a lot better than in most games ive played. why change the only good working thing?

changing this might get lots of people to quit if its not done correctly... and i dont even wanne thing about the money thats blown away for useless crap here that could and should have been spend on bug fixing and releasing stuff that has been promised for like 5 to 10 years.

Totally agree

i dont know why they wanne change the UI at all... its like the only thing that has basically no bugs. The Zoom on the camera is ok and the turning around while moving is working great. the camera here is a lot better than in most games ive played. why change the only good working thing?

changing this might get lots of people to quit if its not done correctly... and i dont even wanne thing about the money thats blown away for useless crap here that could and should have been spend on bug fixing and releasing stuff that has been promised for like 5 to 10 years.

Quote repeated in full just to let it sink in, hopefully, to any devs who may read this.
If 3rd-person view isn't kept as an option, then I can see many people leaving. All it will need is for there to be head-bobbing stuff, or whatever, for people to be leaving even faster.
I also prefer the current camera options over other stuff I've played, so I am actually hoping MA doesn't deliver on this one, whatever they may think of it, as I probably won't think the same!

problem is, that besides a few players who were invited to check it out, we have zero clue about what they plan and why.

why not simply upload some preview to youtube hmm? or at least give us some improved communication?

Improved communication ??!!??
Bug Fixes ??!??

what are these strange concepts.. what game are you guys playing ?

and MA if you want me to have time to play and give you the ped you rightly think I should for the pleasure.. then please fix the chat bug that keeps dropping people out of player led private channels, and oh yeh fix the thrice damned shop bug.

So far today I have lost almost 2.5 hours playtime to those 2 alone. Probably turn into more as I will likely log off in a bit to calm the hell down

If you don't want my ped a polite email to inform me would save us both a lot of grief.

As for your interaction system.. as was commented upon above... why try to fix what aint broke, yet ignore that which is completely f...….
Please stop wasting our time with meaningless posts such as this which are in effect just hot air, as have no actual content for us to see and genuinely feed back on.

If you want to communicate then do so..
Communication = the imparting or exchanging of information

All good communications or statements should start with the reason why the proposed action is being taken
Saying it will be an improvement is not information it is hot air, unless you say what you aim to change and why, explain what your research (did you do any?) showed was wrong with the existing system.
Then state how you envisage the new system and how it will be better, giving examples and if possible video or screenprints to support this
The nature of communication to customers is primarily to encourage them to remain faithful to your brand (game) and to make them enthusiastic for the change rather than annoyed by the obfuscation.

If you want good communications with your playerbase..show us some respect.. treat us like the grown adults we are and give us informative, well written posts with evidence of the problems and improvements, only then will you get useful feedback, and we can then move forward together to a successful future

changing this might get lots of people to quit if its not done correctly... and i dont even wanne think about the money thats blown away for useless crap here that could and should have been spend on bug fixing and releasing stuff that has been promised for like 5 to 10 years.

I also completely agree with this.

There are so many bugs in-game now that some parts of the game are almost unplayable. When there are so many important things to fix (the list has been posted many times so I won't post again), why focus on bringing something out that nobody wants and nobody has asked for? Seems nuts!

MA have such a great community here but they don't seem to want to listen to them. I just don't understand it. :confused:

It's hard to give much feedback when we know almost nothing about it other than generalities.

well we'll start with some creative criticism like for instance remember how bad their first attempt at voice coms was? or mention maybe this is redundant system because everyone and their dog uses discord. no one really wants to do this kind of communication system anyways (perhaps the dev team might consider a focus group or player survey before spending all our peds on gambling lol). hopefully the CEOs special ops team kills this project before they unleash it on us. People can do skype if they want to video chat unless they want to keep their identity a secret from other players, which is kind of acceptable, but not really considering the nature of this game. i wouldnt be surprised to hear of discord making vid part of their system.

i can tell you what we do do need - spend some time fixing the chat boot bug. forgeting that we can all see exactly where this project is leading. maybe MA wants more people to abandon their accounts because they never solved the server population cap and want all the peeps on caly instead of distributing them to the OTHER SERVERS owned by other people. spend more time on naming event rings and things like that. So much more i could mention on that count even the stroryline could benefit from from developer love. another poster mentioned spelling mistakes in game - like using both armour and armor in item names, and another missplaced items in the auction. theres alot of forgotten ideas even pets needs a redesign due to compet abandonment. My big thing is MA not showing interest in making another game engine upgrade - it's so overdue.

On the other hand my faith in the future of Entropia Universe has never been so positive. The new CEO is doing a great job of focusing but like i said earlier - hope his secret spec ops team can eliminate the fodder in the office especially the ones that are sleeping on consciousness uploading. There will be no VR without a game engine redesign and that will take a sacrifice from all of us (I will contribute a great percentage of my PEDS/depos for this project - make it happen).

this is what happens when someone has an uttlery stupid idea and everyone else is to chicken shit to tell that person.. oh wait that is basically this entire game now.

maybe i'll be proven wrong and the chagnes will be useful - very doubtful. -

The only reason I see them wanting to change cam style might be for the implementation of Virtual Reality. New places made with the thinking of a full virtual reality immersion. Atroxes coming out of big bushes and players on an augmented first person mode view! Imagine how much more addicted the HOFs effects will be from there on.

Well one can dream right? :tongue2:

Potentially this could mean.

Virtual reality
Dinamic pvp system(atm it kinda static)
Voice chat ingame
Video chat/ streaming ingame (imagine put ur video in a screen in ur shop like you do with the pics)
New motion features of weapons
Improves to estate-spacecraft managment

Wat it really means i guess well find out.

Last edited:
Potentially this could mean.

Virtual reality
Dinamic pvp system(atm it kinda static)
Voice chat ingame
Video chat/ streaming ingame (imagine put ur video in a screen in ur shop like you do with the pics)
New motion features of weapons
Improves to estate-spacecraft managment

Wat it really means i guess well find out.

Maybe addressing the "hitbox" problem and solving it for good. And remaining camera issues (some believe there are no more bugs - try switching between 1st and 3rd person view when your focus was up or down the vertical axis). Possibly also the shop reloading bug. I suspect a collection of complaints as well as the allure of VR has moved them to opt for a big solution. I like it, I just wish there was more communication about it as well as some motivation left to address smaller, but really pressing issues in between.

I really hope they aren't wasting time on VR support. I love VR and spend a lot of time with it, but this game in VR would be horrible. I'm not sure if the people asking for it have never tried VR or what.

Even with the best high end HMD, the rendering technology still has a long way to go and reading/interacting with text is miserable. Also this game is kb/mouse, there's no way around that for this complicated of an interface - and IMO VR is pretty dull and pointless without full touch support - you would just be looking at a big 3D projection of the game that is difficult to read. Also this is possibly the grindiest game in existence, and trust me you don't want a VR headset on your head for 10 hours at at time.

Just play this game with Vorpex if you really want it that bad, because that's pretty much what it would be like with an official port.

MA, please don't waste time with VR support; just fix the stupid bugs that have been there forever that everyone complains about.

I really hope they aren't wasting time on VR support. I love VR and spend a lot of time with it, but this game in VR would be horrible. I'm not sure if the people asking for it have never tried VR or what.

Even with the best high end HMD, the rendering technology still has a long way to go and reading/interacting with text is miserable. Also this game is kb/mouse, there's no way around that for this complicated of an interface - and IMO VR is pretty dull and pointless without full touch support - you would just be looking at a big 3D projection of the game that is difficult to read. Also this is possibly the grindiest game in existence, and trust me you don't want a VR headset on your head for 10 hours at at time.

Just play this game with Vorpex if you really want it that bad, because that's pretty much what it would be like with an official port.

MA, please don't waste time with VR support; just fix the stupid bugs that have been there forever that everyone complains about.

if u want to add a room in ur house, before u can actually do the structural job that people will see as a new attachement to the house u gotta fix the previous systems to support the new attachment. So u gotta fix the electricity, the pumbering and stuff that no guest will see but you know its fixed in order to support the new area, then when u have the money u can put fundations, floor wall and roof. :smoke:

the worste we can do is getting stressed like when we was expecting loot 2.0, a lot of panic (me included) and whining the new loot was worste than the previous and nowadays everyone speaks very high of it.

Please let theyre do the change and we all can whine after, once it done it only takes a backup to go back aight?

Wow I am actually surprised they are working on camera and interaction. I haven't mentioned anything about this in my new player experience article, to be honest it was not the most important thing to focus on but what I must say, from perspective of a new player GUI and camera are fine. I like that I can quickly switch control mode with spacebar, I can look backwards, change from 3rd person to 1st person etc. Sometimes it's strange that when I look up when in 1st person, then change to 3rd person, my avatar looks down - correct only this and you have perfectly working mechanism.

2 months left to hit their "...eye toward a Q1 2019 release" target.

Improved communication ??!!??
Bug Fixes ??!??

what are these strange concepts.. what game are you guys playing ?

and MA if you want me to have time to play and give you the ped you rightly think I should for the pleasure.. then please fix the chat bug that keeps dropping people out of player led private channels, and oh yeh fix the thrice damned shop bug.

So far today I have lost almost 2.5 hours playtime to those 2 alone. Probably turn into more as I will likely log off in a bit to calm the hell down

If you don't want my ped a polite email to inform me would save us both a lot of grief.

As for your interaction system.. as was commented upon above... why try to fix what aint broke, yet ignore that which is completely f...….
Please stop wasting our time with meaningless posts such as this which are in effect just hot air, as have no actual content for us to see and genuinely feed back on.

If you want to communicate then do so..
Communication = the imparting or exchanging of information

All good communications or statements should start with the reason why the proposed action is being taken
Saying it will be an improvement is not information it is hot air, unless you say what you aim to change and why, explain what your research (did you do any?) showed was wrong with the existing system.
Then state how you envisage the new system and how it will be better, giving examples and if possible video or screenprints to support this
The nature of communication to customers is primarily to encourage them to remain faithful to your brand (game) and to make them enthusiastic for the change rather than annoyed by the obfuscation.

If you want good communications with your playerbase..show us some respect.. treat us like the grown adults we are and give us informative, well written posts with evidence of the problems and improvements, only then will you get useful feedback, and we can then move forward together to a successful future

well we'll start with some creative criticism like for instance remember how bad their first attempt at voice coms was? or mention maybe this is redundant system because everyone and their dog uses discord. no one really wants to do this kind of communication system anyways (perhaps the dev team might consider a focus group or player survey before spending all our peds on gambling lol). hopefully the CEOs special ops team kills this project before they unleash it on us. People can do skype if they want to video chat unless they want to keep their identity a secret from other players, which is kind of acceptable, but not really considering the nature of this game. i wouldnt be surprised to hear of discord making vid part of their system.

i can tell you what we do do need - spend some time fixing the chat boot bug. forgeting that we can all see exactly where this project is leading. maybe MA wants more people to abandon their accounts because they never solved the server population cap and want all the peeps on caly instead of distributing them to the OTHER SERVERS owned by other people. spend more time on naming event rings and things like that. So much more i could mention on that count even the stroryline could benefit from from developer love. another poster mentioned spelling mistakes in game - like using both armour and armor in item names, and another missplaced items in the auction. theres alot of forgotten ideas even pets needs a redesign due to compet abandonment. My big thing is MA not showing interest in making another game engine upgrade - it's so overdue.

On the other hand my faith in the future of Entropia Universe has never been so positive. The new CEO is doing a great job of focusing but like i said earlier - hope his secret spec ops team can eliminate the fodder in the office especially the ones that are sleeping on consciousness uploading. There will be no VR without a game engine redesign and that will take a sacrifice from all of us (I will contribute a great percentage of my PEDS/depos for this project - make it happen).
I agree with this m8s:wtg:

Back