Merry Mayhem 2018 Preview

Status

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]Merry Mayhem 2018 Preview[/h][h=4]Event Dates[/h]

• Dec. 13, 14:00:00 UTC - Merry Mayhem 2018 begins.
  • Jan. 14, 14:00:00 UTC - Merry Mayhem 2018 ends.
  • Jan. 22, 14:00:00 UTC - Cutoff for submission of FFA Mayhem Stars for the Free-for-All Mayhem category.
  • Feb. 5 - Event results announced. Prizes awarded in the following days.

[h=4]Mayhem Assault Gameplay[/h]
Performance in Merry Mayhem Assault is time-based. The objective is to kill a special immobile Merry Hogglo boss creature as quickly as possible. The Merry Hogglo boss is immune to damage unless a special buff is active. This buff is received after killing an elite Merry Hispidus, and allows the Merry Hogglo to be damaged for 60 seconds, or up to 20% of its maximum health. A Merry Hispidus is spawned after killing 20 Merry Daikiba creatures, with a limit of 3 Merry Hispidus active at any one time. Also, the Merry Hispidus has a Dodge Chance buff that makes melee and MindForce weapons relatively more effective at dealing damage to it than traditional ranged weapons.

Upon killing the Merry Hogglo boss, the instance stops spawning new creatures and the participant’s time is recorded for the current category, if that time is shorter than any previous runs in that category.

You can only have a recorded time in a single Assault category at a time. Recording a new score with a higher leaderboard rank (regardless of category) will replace any previously-recorded time.

[h=4]Mayhem Annihilation Gameplay[/h]
  • Interact with the Julklapp inside the Annihilation event instance to begin spawning creatures and start the mission timer; the timer pauses automatically when leaving the instance.
  • Eliminate Merry Mayhem Creatures to accumulate as many points as possible in 15 hours.
  • A random number of points (0, 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, or 5000) is automatically awarded after defeating one of the event instance creatures.
  • Once your 15-hour run is complete, your score is finalized and recorded on the event leaderboard. You can then start a new run to try to improve upon your previously-recorded rank. The score from a subsequent run is only recorded if it would result in a higher leaderboard rank.
  • You can only have a recorded score in a single category at a time. Recording a new score with a higher leaderboard rank (regardless of category) will replace any previously-recorded score.
  • The top ten highest scorers (most accumulated points) in each category win prizes.

[h=4]FFA Mayhem Gameplay[/h]The Free-for-All category allows hunters (either solo or in teams) to compete for prizes in an unrestricted, no-holds-barred single-category format. FFA Mayhem Stars are tradable, allowing participants to either sell their tokens to the highest bidder, or turn them in to increase their own event scores.

There are no time requirements or skill/item restrictions in the FFA Mayhem division.

FFA Mayhem Scoring
Event points are scored by turning in FFA Mayhem Star tokens to one of the Santa’s Little Helper NPCs located in Nymphtown, Fort Zeus and Fort Ithaca on Planet Calypso. Acquire FFA Mayhem tokens by defeating creatures in one of the FFA Mayhem instances, or by acquiring tokens from other participants.

[h=4]Rules & Notes[/h]Full rules and notes will be published on the event page at start of the event.

[h=4]Special Mission: Jul Snarg Hunt[/h]Merry Snargs are on the rampage, and it’s up to you to keep them under control!
The Jul Snarg Hunt takes place alongside Merry Mayhem, starting Dec. 13, 14:00:00 UTC and ending Jan. 14, 14:00:00 UTC.
Activate the “Jul Snarg Hunt” mission by talking to the NPC “Santa’s Little Helper” by the Port Atlantis teleporter or the East Gate.

• Merry Snargs can be found at these approximate locations:
  • Cape Corinth: [62243, 88026]
  • Chug's Hideout: [68483, 75102]
  • Fort Zeus: [87016, 94588]
  • Port Atlantis: [60657, 75774], [60525, 75267] and [60969, 75441]

Completing the mission will award an Isis LLC 2 Merry Edition (L) Laser Rifle with Increased Laser Skill Gain.

***NOTE*** Activity in the “Jul Snarg Hunt” does not count towards the Snarg Iron Mission chain.

Originally Posted Here

Awesome! Can't wait! :)

WTH! :D

noice!!!

Nice they keep FFA , since it most popular among players :yup::yup:

Also, the Merry Hispidus has a Dodge Chance buff that makes melee and MindForce weapons relatively more effective at dealing damage to it than traditional ranged weapons.

This. Is. Simply. Amazing. if it´s balanced properly :) Nice for all you melee/mindforce users. :)

Edit:
I also think this might be the way to go with events. Keeping it somewhat simple. However, I´m not too fond of the:
Full rules and notes will be published on the event page at start of the event.
I think one deserves to know beforehand what prizes will be so that one might decide whether or not to really push in as many rounds as possible etc. However, i´m very appreciative of the fact that you´re giving a proper time for the announement.

Last edited:
Can't wait and glad they kept the annihilation rules from HM. Now if i can get some 1k and 5k points since I got zero last round.........

Thanks for communicating early on this one!

I do hope the instance is more stable than Halloween mayhem was, but overall Halloween mayhem's quality was a HUGE improvement over Summer. Keep up the good work!

Can you list creature info plz? Level, damage, and damage types plz

prizes will obviusly be m-tokens and placement tokens for top 3

please don't give out the same Isis LLC 2 Merry Edition (L) again. :mad: at least name it Isis LLC 2 2018 Merry Edition (L) so it's a proper memento item.

[h=4]Mayhem Annihilation Gameplay[/h]
  • Eliminate Merry Mayhem Creatures to accumulate as many points as possible in 15 hours.

Annihilation Argonaut and Annihilation Thorifoid Berseker you mean? :evilking:

please don't give out the same Isis LLC 2 Merry Edition (L) again. :mad: at least name it Isis LLC 2 2018 Merry Edition (L) so it's a proper memento item.

Those freebies, those items were supposed to help you move on to bigger ones, improve your level, advance and NOT keep you stuck in time with your memories of same LLC2 weapon for years. :laugh: sorry dude, dumbest request ever...

Annihilation Argonaut and Annihilation Thorifoid Berseker you mean? :evilking:

Merry Thorifoid Shaman (tm), more likely - winterhem creatures traditionally do cold. Or new varieties altogether, with more fur, including L42 Woolly Argonaut.

But yes, seems quite likely that MA would not try competing with itself.

Last year i did cat 6 now its cat 10:eyecrazy: well gonna give it a try anyway. Besides merry mayhem is my favorit event

My hope is in this event that persons who are known to look for glitches and then use one, are not rewarded.

don't appreciate what happened to my halloween mission - accidently deleted while deleting daily mining mission but really disappointed with you discontinuing it. so no thank you for the merry snarg mission especially if it lists after the dailies and you can't even go 2 years with a mission design...oh and did i mention the first annoyance these event mobs just can't count towards regular iron missions? got to be merry snargs ....well why?

Last edited:
Dec. 13, 14:00:00 UTC - Merry Mayhem 2018 begins.

Categories? Same as Halloween?

about half an hour in ffa cat 3 ,and 0 ffapoints have dropped,ive asked around,none has ny..so ma..turn on ffa points drop !!!

about half an hour in ffa cat 3 ,and 0 ffapoints have dropped,ive asked around,none has ny..so ma..turn on ffa points drop !!!

Yup, almost 40mins and no stars, no candy and no M token (no regular drops only from mission)

THANK you, now dropping stars

Status
Back