FYI: Random out of place Argonaut Warrior/Leader pileup near Fort Victoria

Darkaruki

Stalker
Banned
Formerly "Darkaruki Dorkaruki Kakiro"
I've always thought this absolutely has to have been an accident since it makes no sense in any way and could not possibly be more ridiculously out of place but I've forgotten to mention it previously.

Here is a screenshot:

Argonaut don't appear anywhere else anywhere on these islands and make no sense to have here thematically, also I've never seen any other spawn that looks like this.

Last edited:
Maybe someone pulled that mob with a vehicle.

If I am right they were there since the introduction of the Islands. Whats wrong with them there? Should this Islands be lvl. ~10 mobs only? I dont get the point.

Maybe someone pulled that mob with a vehicle.

nah

If I am right they were there since the introduction of the Islands. Whats wrong with them there? Should this Islands be lvl. ~10 mobs only? I dont get the point.

the islands are far from lvl ~10 mobs only, there are plenty of useful spawns, this one however is basically guaranteed to be a mistake because it's just like 15 argonauts that literally spawn in a pile on top of one another in one specific spot that would otherwise just be a part of a larger area spawn

image of spawns, click for link to Calypso Explorer Map:

and in case you wrote this reply because you're scared we'd have nowhere to hunt argonaut warrior/leaders without this weird out of place clustered moshpit totem pole formation of argonauts, don't worry, there's actually a normal spawn of argonaut warrior/leaders over here:

nah

and in case you wrote this reply because you're scared ...

No, that is not the case. I don´t hunt them and do know where other spawns are, but I also remember when the island come out and I was checking them out that this spawn was there. And sometimes a spawn of 10 mobs in low spawn area is all what you need. Grinded trooper 10 long enough in an area where only 5 of them spawn. (and it was fantastic to hunt them there!)
I just don´t understand why this spawn bother you and you think it shouldn´t be there.

I like them. Close to my Levi Spawn, that's where I go in the water. ( To Spawn my pet)

I dont' see anything wrong with it. There is also a weird little spawn of med/large atrax/atrox north of Fort Troy. And a tight little spawn like that is perfect for grinding.

Wasn't there an NPC closeby? I forgot, but maybe it was in the "story" linked to that mission/NPC and in that way made "sense"?

good to know darkaruki - for the incoming UPDATE!!!

Argonaut's been there for ages! I think there was an event aeria just next to the peak and west of Odysseus Landing into the swamp. So, no, there aren't random spawn. It's a good old spawn and still exist. In that exact spot they must follow someone.

I just don´t understand why this spawn bother you and you think it shouldn´t be there.

The reason is simply because it feels erroneous and errors take away from the polish of the product, not that this is the only erroneous seeming thing present in the game or the most important, but it, to me, feels like one.

Wasn't there an NPC closeby? I forgot, but maybe it was in the "story" linked to that mission/NPC and in that way made "sense"?

I do recall there being some sort of NPC/Mission nearby as well but I don't recall whether or not it explains their presence.

Argonaut's been there for ages! I think there was an event aeria just next to the peak and west of Odysseus Landing into the swamp. So, no, there aren't random spawn. It's a good old spawn and still exist. In that exact spot they must follow someone.

Not claiming they just appeared yesterday and but last two times I passed by here both times they were piled up like that, visited again yesterday and although they weren't piled up they were still very dense and in a relatively small area and felt out of place thematically for their location.

Just checked through of the dialogue regarding the NPC who has the random dense pocket of Argonauts on top of him, all he talks about is his frustration with Traeskerons and wanting to get revenge on his (presumed by other NPCs which lead to him) killers, the Traeskerons, which makes sense because the location of him and his broken car is just outside the entrance to the big Traeskeron wave event.

No mention anywhere by him or any other NPC of the herd of Argonaut Leaders haphazardly thrown right on top of him.

I go there if I want Warriors/Leaders, and they're usually spread out a bit, and then spawn includes some armax and atrax, a few thori. But you can pull just argo with range. I've always liked that area. And thank you for all your work.

Back