Armor Profession Level Requirement

chrisdors3

Prowler
Society
Classified
Chris Dakota Dors
[h=2]Developer Notes #11 - Loot 2.0[/h]
Armor Changes
  • A profession level requirement will be introduced for non-(L) armors. Meeting the required level results in the armor offering full protection at all condition values. If the profession requirement is not met, armor works as before, with protection decreasing relative to condition.

Has there been any details released about the Profession Level Requirements for armor? I tried a search but didn't come up with anything that seemed to detail this further or say when it was being implemented...

Chris Dakota Dors

They are either still working on a good system for it or they decided to scrap the idea, honestly if it isn't implemented perfectly then they shouldn't do it.

If a system like this does get implemented, expect armor price to fall over night on most armor sets. I guess it depends on how it gets implemented, we'll see.

Which is good or bad, depending on whether or not you have the armor you've always wanted, or you're in the market and getting ready to purchase.

If a system like this does get implemented, expect armor price to fall over night on most armor sets. I guess it depends on how it gets implemented, we'll see.

Which is good or bad, depending on whether or not you have the armor you've always wanted, or you're in the market and getting ready to purchase.

Which was exactly my thought. If you suddenly need to be an uber to efficiently wear Angel or above... there is going to be a ton of sets for sale with a much smaller supply of eligible customers.

I suppose if the penalty isn't too severe, then it won't be a huge deal if your prefession level doesn't match- but if the penalty is severe... look out market value.

Last edited:
The idea was that a maxed armour doesn't lose protection (like L armour) but if you're not maxed it simply works like it does now. I think that's what they said, but maybe I'm just making it up :laugh:

The idea was that a maxed armour doesn't lose protection (like L armour) but if you're not maxed it simply works like it does now. I think that's what they said, but maybe I'm just making it up :laugh:

That's precisely what the quote in the OP says :). So all benefits and no disadvantages. Maybe they have trouble balancing that out.

That's precisely what the quote in the OP says :). So all benefits and no disadvantages. Maybe they have trouble balancing that out.

Yeah, I just read the op quote :laugh:

I suppose if the penalty isn't too severe, then it won't be a huge deal if your prefession level doesn't match- but if the penalty is severe... look out market value.

I don't get what penalty are you talking about.

I don't get what penalty are you talking about.

Maybe "penalty" wasn't the right word... I was referring to "...protection decreasing relative to condition." Is it going to remain linear like it is now? 50% TT is 50% protection until your level requirement for the armor is reached? They just say relative- so that could be anything.

I suppose my fear would be that its wasn't going to remain linear, and the protection would fall off very quickly as the armor decays if its below your prof level.

But I get it now... recently coming back to game from a many years off, just so much I'm trying to catch up on and understand before depo again. It could just be a beneficial change. Which would be great... and also explains why it hasn't happened yet. lol

Last edited:
I suppose my fear would be that its wasn't going to remain linear, and the protection would fall off very quickly as the armor decays if its below your prof level.

Did you read the quote you posted? It's crystal clear that nothing would change in the current mechanics until requirement is met.

Did you read the quote you posted? It's crystal clear that nothing would change in the current mechanics until requirement is met.

I think in the 900 pages of Loot 2.0 catchup reading- somehow I read that in a manner that wasn't clear. But I get it now, and appreciate the clarity... makes sense to me.

Back