Put your mind on the state of Entropia

Fiona Simmons

Stalker
Hello folks

The past few months really feelt like mindark is sorting out their stuff and try to clean up their house. I admit i was impressed they admit the compet failure, offerd some kind of compensation and today they told us that they no longer insist on this deep token project and refund the investors.

Im very happey because im still fond of entropia universe and i dont want to see it going down over
a failed side project. Also im very proud that we as community showed clearly that we no longer handing over our money with no questions asked !

With some issues that got sorted out my doomsday clock is put on halt for the time being and i start caring again and i wonder what everyones thoughts are about the current state of entropia.

Those are mine

I believe mindark got VR helmet support in the pipes but i can't figure out how far they got with that project and
we all heard about the new camera thing but to be honest i still have no clue what this is about and i was perplexed they said thats the wish of the community and their feedback because i clearly can't give any feedback on something i dont know!

Apart from that, i assume they will try to bring some quality of life improvments and pursue refining mayhem style events with token because it seem to work out for them. Im afraid other than that, there is not much else in development.

Things i believe that should be adressed next are :

Player owned cities claimed from land deeds. Dear mindark, whatever your plans for those was it clearly didn't worked out! Just take a look at the sorry state of those abandoned settlements with the major landplots never botherd to be build and a gardening system that isn't worth using!

Please consider to decrease the cost to develop those plots into homes and compensate people who already developed them with some apropriate ingame gifts that rather bring a useful utility than peds. Please also put some ressources into reworking the gardening feature to make it a desireable vocation, giving the plots some value. You should also think of ways to prevent those settlements to become ghost towns. Or at least consider to move all the recipes to build the plots into ressources exclusivly gathered from wood harvesting and no more crazy bottlenecks.

Space need some love

A good company should always question their vision from time to time and check if it is in unison with the desires of their clients. Your full loot space never worked out to be accepted and populated by the good people of entropia. Im not per se against lootable space and im all for lootable space travel between planets BUT ...

but please create zones were no space combat is allowed and non lootable space pvp zones aswell.

Leave room between the planets so keep the risk vs reward for transporting space good with full loot pvp(DEEP SPACE ZONES) but please dont keep the whole space in the current state.

Make space hunting and mining grounds and place some of them into deep space with good rewards or other benefits like a cheaper refining/auction fee rate or a higher success chance for crafting. Make sure to balance the rewards with the apropiate risk of getting looted for big ships and finally fix the logging out issue for big ships to prevent losing loot! Only if you cater everyone and not only the most hardcore types of space vets this area in entropia universe can become a enjoyable success.

It also wouln't hurt to get more ships , more gear for ships and different type of roles for ships into space

Unbacked liabilities ingame

Mindark how you do want to deal with this ? There are so many peds in game that have no real money backup in your company bank account. This is the biggest treat that entropia might go down one day. What are your plans to reduce them to a point were its no longer critical ? Are you even at a point were those fiat peds shrink or does they still expand in numbers ?

Mayhems and FEN events and stuff alike is awesome but ...

but what about people who arn't interested in events. Normal hunting feels so dull and boring these days, give us more reasons to enjoy going out and hunt mobs especially low and mid level mobs. Give us some carrots to long for and the chance to bring back something cool again like in the old days when you was able to loot a shadow helmet out of an argonaut young. Did it happen often ? NO but the possibility allone was enough to keep shooting! I miss something like this for all and i mean ALL mobs.

5. The economy

Maybe the most hardest part to balance out, but right now there is an over supply of mats and UL items crush the demand. What did you different 2005 when wools had 120% MU and molisk buttons 700% and stuff like this ? When did it stop to be like this and why can't we go back ?

Find ways to give people with small purses time intense tasks to farm up ressources in demand by people with big purses who rather pay a markup than spending a lot of time to farm them all by themself and at the same time prevent the use of bots to farm those afk.

Give professions like tailoring and coloring some love to make it worth to skill it. Make new bps that need a high profession standing and allow only a set amount of attempts to craft per day so a solo high skilled tailor can't saturate the whole market maintaining value in the items due scarity.

Make it finally possible to hide armors so you can show off your fashion. Id even settle for a attachment as long the decay is very little over time to make amor parts invisible and overwork the cloth stacking logic with armor so you can wear a invis helmet and a hat under it or sunglasses under an invis mask. Screw realism i want to look sleek in my new fashion.

- Find a way to make vehicle pve possible !
- Give all the stables their missing textures and think of a way to give them something useful.
- Give the pet system more thought , right now they nothing more than ped eating little critters with almost zero utility apart form a few expectations.
- The oil rig is such a old concept , why not add world bosses with shared loot that people can contest , maximizing their chances of the good loots it might drop by weeding out the competetion before the boss.

Those are points important to me, im sure different people will have different points. Feel free to share your points and let mindark know what you really want to increase the chance we get something we want and not deep token 2.0 in a couple months.

Player owned cities claimed from land deeds.
Space need some love

Give professions like tailoring and coloring some love to make it worth to skill it. Make new bps that need a high profession standing and allow only a set amount of attempts to craft per day so a solo high skilled tailor can't saturate the whole market maintaining value in the items due scarity.

Lots of good requests there!
I'll go mainly with your 1 and 2 ... change the land plot development away from large increasing cost for a result which is now already useless to something more people want to participate in and make changes to space pretty much as suggested to make that more accessible and desirable too!

A lot of the time a relevant question is whether an improvement can be made to fit well into the current platform, often by making use of existing code possibilities.
For example, limiting crafts of a higher profession standing bp per avatar could be by having a daily mission or handover of 'something' which rewards with a non-tradable limited bp. MA can still control the speed by possibly lowering the chance of getting the most-wanted bp in a random(ish) dip, but make everything that gives results at least useful results!

Hello folks

Player owned cities claimed from land deeds...

Space need some love

Mayhems and FEN events and stuff alike is awesome but ...

5. The economy

Good post, I agree with most of what you brought up,

especially land plots...it sucks now and I know I poured a chunk of peds into them.

Space does need love, I hate it now, its annoying. I don't know when, but they changed the hit box of quads to accommodate bad pirates. Now any noob with a laser can hit you....but there was a time when you could strafe evade, making them cry and lose peds, hence a quad that cannot evade getting hit. I am not sure mindark realizes how much revenue space loses them. Lots of people have plenty of rage over that whole thing. I know of at least 2 that quit and never came back over space.

3. liabilities
Hate to break it to you, but they don't have to anymore. The EULA changed a year or 2 ago, they are only liable for an accounts last 3 months of deposits. Welcome to dynamic. :(

I agree with the FEN and Mayhems...especially when they lock so many people out of the competition with the categories. I cant compete anymore really in cat 10. So there isn't a need to really push it. More lost revenue.

Ill add I would like to see miners get some love too, loot dropping (in theory) off the mobs is a good start. But some loot from mining like an ark treasure find or something, or a random FEN BP would be great to see while crafting.

5. Economy needs more people, so many planets, the player base is spread too thin IMO to support things properly.

Lets hope with a lot of the positive changes lately the trend continues and we do in fact see more players again. If they did crack the VR issue with this game, it could bring in a lot of new money, and hopefully people wanting to buy our stuff again.

so, if deep token is off, does that mean the 3 new planets mentioned in the whitepaper are out too?

I'm just going to post this.

MINDARK!! START THE ENGINE!!!

'I hate Merps Jock, I hate em!'

Hello folks

The past few months...
-
-
-
-
-
... in a couple months.

I must give you some credits for loving the game.

Honestly, do you think players will really interested to invest and playing the game, if MA improve these 5 pointers?

3. liabilities
Hate to break it to you, but they don't have to anymore. The EULA changed a year or 2 ago, they are only liable for an accounts last 3 months of deposits. Welcome to dynamic. :(

Oh i know that, but the moment they refuse to exchange peds into usd its over for entropia universe. Yes, they not end up in a debt they can't pay back, but the game will die and many people will never see their money back. Hence the fiat peds in circulation are a real treat to end EU , all it might take is another 2010 crisis and too many people wish to withdraw peds at the same time. Knowing that allone makes it harder for investors to park money here , this is why i believe mindark should adress this issue and figure out a solution to reduce unbacked fiat peds ingame.

yeeck said:
Honestly, do you think players will really interested to invest and playing the game, if MA improve these 5 pointers?

I believe it would indeed have a positive effect, however those are my personal thoughts tied to my personal preferences and likes. Different people might have complete oposite or even contradictory preferences and to see what the majority really wants more people need to speak their mind and state their desires. If you disagree, why not sharing your points here ? Unless you deem Eu a lost case and got nothing to say. How is Ma suposed to figure out what we want if we dont speak up ? Who the heck wanted a new camera system and why they do believe thats what make us happy ?

Prepare your anus for giant wall of text. I'm so sorry.

I think some of y'all are too invested in the game to see it for what it is, or maybe this is the only game you play so you aren't aware of how bad it is. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing it, and for me the best part is the very cool people I've met from around the world; but there's a LOT wrong with this game and the company that makes it which prevents it from being successful.

I would be surprised if there's more than around 200 active players at any given time. This is problem #1. MA can't hire talent to make this game great without adding a couple more zeros to that number.

There are multiple reasons for the low player count. One of the biggest is that the gameplay itself is absolutely horrendous. It's phenomenally boring, slow, unresponsive, and buggy. This is literally the only game I play where I have to do something else while I'm playing it because it's so boring and repetitive (I'm hunting as I type this). There's no combat mechanics at all, no block, no roll dodge, no real AoE, nothing interesting in fighting mobs - you just stand in front of the mob and let the statistics do their thing. The mobs just stand there and trigger a random animation when they attack. I've seen better games made in 6 hours at coding competitions.

Mining is the one activity that I can consistently profit in, and yet I find myself avoiding doing it most of the time because it's just so dull and tedious I can't stomach it. It's so bad I'd rather lose money doing something else.

A lot of new players leave for this reason alone. I've tried to get friends (with plenty of money to spend) to play and after a few hours they are like "lol bro this is trash, why you play this?". If they don't get hooked by the RCE aspect, it's all over.

And yes, you can have proper mechanics in this type of game. There's no reason I couldn't have some cool sci-fi shield that I could use to block an incoming hit in exchange for decay/UA. There's no reason I couldn't install some special chip that allowed me to perform roll dodge in exchange for decay/UA. There's no reason I couldn't get a special chip that when triggered created a temporary buff that reflects back a percentage of incoming damage. The possibilities are endless. There's zero reason for this game to not have real mechanics.

The interface is clunky and looks/feels like it was made in 1992. It's buggy and unresponsive. The targeting algorithm is horrible. Collision detection was made by someone just learning how to program. Mob AI is non existent.

Everything is painfully slow, they need to double the walk/run speeds, and add a sprint mode. This game feels like it was designed for geriatrics. Fix the vehicle spawns so that you don't have to run around for 10 minutes trying to find the perfect spot to place the vehicle. Fix the vehicle physics so my 40 ton vtol doesn't bounce around like a beach ball, and my sandrunner doesn't drive like I'm surfing. God forbid I hit a tiny pebble and send my vehicle flopping end over end.

There's no consistent style or theme. We are colonizing this brutal sci-fi planet and yet had time to build shopping malls? Why are we running around with viking swords and cowboy hats? Where the do the fireworks fit in, and why do my buffs come from these big ugly as shit gold pimp rings? I feel like most of the game assets were made by someone who is just learning to create game assets from YT tutorials.

SOO with all that negative, why play? Obviously it's the RCE aspect that is the unique twist that draws people in. This is the "hook", but also prevents a lot of industry standard marketing techniques that brings new players (e.g. free play weekends, giveaways, etc). To make a game like this work, the developers are going to have to think outside of the box.

The second biggest barrier to getting and retaining new players besides the gameplay is the price. This game is way too expensive. I'm not even talking about end game gear (which is absurd IMO), but even simple things like I've seen clothing that costs more than I would spend on clothes IRL. If MA wants to attract *and retain* new players they need to do a serious overhaul and lower the cost to play, at least on the lower and mid levels. And I'm sorry, but hunting punies forever is not the answer. And no, I'm not talking about more "free" activities like sweating or fruit gathering either - attracting more poor non-depositing teenagers is not the answer. They need to make the game more accessible for middle-class gamers with money to spend. That is the bulk of the gaming audience. If they only cater to the upper class, then you will have the game you have now.

The webshop has not changed since I started playing. This is retarded, and I'm not sure what rock MA is living under, but this could/should be their biggest cash cow. They need to be releasing web shop exclusives every month. There should be weapons, tools, vehicles, even homes for sale regularly, and keep swapping them. They can easily make it work without screwing up the economy. Sell L items, sell player bound items, whatever. Example, have a really nice gun for sale this month, but it's L and each account can only buy one. There's a lot of ways to spin it. People love having unique shit, they could be selling unique player bound clothing for limited time each month. This is how 99% of MMOs make their money (EU being the 1% that doesn't), but MA seems to want to just let it rot.

They fucked the MU on loot with EP IV, but I'm sure those gamblers are a good revenue stream so I can't see that going anywhere. ArMatrix was a step in the right direction, but it's not enough. They need to do what Ark did with the Viceroy; times 10. Make crafting NPCs that will make cool stuff for you in exchange for materials. Limited items that are swapped out frequently. Something similar to the token vendors, but replace the tokens with actual resources and then all of a sudden MU starts going up.

Another thing Ark did right was placing the shopping stalls around the most populated area. This should be the norm. Twins should have a ring of stalls around it, not the stupid mall. Most of the active TPs should have stalls around them. To prevent players buying them and then just sitting on the deeds while their account goes inactive, MA should make these auction based, and time limited. You can only retain the deed for the stall for one month, after which it goes back to the auction. If you win the deed back, you keep the stall for another month, otherwise your stuff gets returned to your storage and someone new gets the stall. You can only hold one stall deed at a time. This would keep the stalls active. The vast majority of the shops and stalls in the current game are either empty or haven't been updated in years or are owned by inactive players, making them completely useless.

I won't even talk about the disaster that is space.

Sorry for the rant, I was bored while hunting.

Last edited:
I believe it would indeed have a positive effect, however those are my personal thoughts tied to my personal preferences and likes. Different people might have complete oposite or even contradictory preferences and to see what the majority really wants more people need to speak their mind and state their desires. If you disagree, why not sharing your points here ? Unless you deem Eu a lost case and got nothing to say. How is Ma suposed to figure out what we want if we dont speak up ? Who the heck wanted a new camera system and why they do believe thats what make us happy ?

Detritus... Detritus... :laugh:

I think one Detritus is enough. Anyway, he is a nice guy. Don't be upset on what he posted :silly2:

I can't write to express that much and details like Detritus, but somehow I can only whine and cry out the pain on how I feel while I am playing. I am like a small kid. U know?

Plenty of suggestion and ideas being throw into this forum, some want this, some want that.

I am just curious, even if MA fulfilled all your needs, will you pay $1k sssss to go further up with this game?

Prepare your anus for giant wall of text. I'm so sorry...

Ya, I am curious how much peds you have that you still be able to keep going :cool:

Did you buy any Black Friday sales in EU webshop?

Ya, I am curious how much peds you have that you still be able to keep going :cool:

Did you buy any Black Friday sales in EU webshop?

Hey I did say I enjoyed playing (mostly in the background, lol). I am still a regular depositor. I think it's an incredibly shitty game with a really interesting and unique twist - which is a shame because it could be an awesome game with a unique twist. I just gave my opinion, nothing more nothing less. As they say, opinions are like assholes - everybody's got one and they all stink.

Hey I did say I enjoyed playing (mostly in the background, lol). I am still a regular depositor. I think it's an incredibly shitty game with a really interesting and unique twist - which is a shame because it could be an awesome game with a unique twist. I just gave my opinion, nothing more nothing less. As they say, opinions are like assholes - everybody's got one and they all stink.

Aaah... it's good to have positive thinking.
Hope u get something good in return for playing hard.

I almost bought the Black Friday sales. At the end, I give up and will see how long all my deposits can last till the end. It's deteriorating 20% every time I hunting, crafting and mining. And my skills is slowly increasing... :laugh:

Aaah... it's good to have positive thinking.
At the end, I give up and will see how long all my deposits can last till the end. It's deteriorating 20% every time I hunting, crafting and mining. And my skills is slowly increasing... :laugh:

To me the state of Entropia is that is still has potential. However, not making mistakes again such as Compets or Deep Tokens is not the same as actually getting things right.

Still, step by step we seem to have improvements of a certain type, such as armatrix and the newish crafted armour plating that use mats players have to source.

Since the shop was mentioned a few posts ago, I don't like the availability of keys for boxes via deposits only. I believe that at the very least, deed incomes also should be transferable to shop purchases if players wish. As things are now, not even a normal bank transfer can be used to buy web shop stuff. It's another example of inflexibility instead of allowing more of what a customer might want to do (and be good for MA too!).

It seems like the big thing to come next will be the 'camera system' of how we view the world. Will we have options to set it up as we prefer, or will things be tied down in the usual MA way of 'this is the only way it is'?

As MA claim to be reading forums and have been communicating a bit more in the last week or so on various stuff, this is why I'm writing back. Please consider the points made, MA. Thank you.

This is interesting thoughts, hope MA staff reads this and do something about it!

The webshop has not changed since I started playing. This is retarded, and I'm not sure what rock MA is living under, but this could/should be their biggest cash cow. They need to be releasing web shop exclusives every month. There should be weapons, tools, vehicles, even homes for sale regularly, and keep swapping them. They can easily make it work without screwing up the economy. Sell L items, sell player bound items, whatever. Example, have a really nice gun for sale this month, but it's L and each account can only buy one. There's a lot of ways to spin it. People love having unique shit, they could be selling unique player bound clothing for limited time each month. This is how 99% of MMOs make their money (EU being the 1% that doesn't), but MA seems to want to just let it rot.

Only thing that Mindark does nowadays is to suck depositors at an insane rate and lowered the loot... Each day less loot and more loose.... No matter what u do, no matter how much u push it all is now is pure loose. MU ... ehm... WTF is that anyway in shrapnel and EP world ?! ....
Mindark have no damn Marketing team or PR team....
They have no plans on future they just by premise : It's working like this .....
They will never do anything ... even if ppl stop depo they will just let game die. They won so much money and never invested back..... even stole shitload money that a dead game will let em sleep good ;)))

Hi, iam a lazy one and plays from time to time, most of time i search cheap mobs and hunt, trys to finish the iron quests. I shave spend not much Money in this game but i love to play it and i love to see how other play it.

Somethimes i think that it is not possible to get Entropia Universe like the other games becouse the real cash economy and becouse the ideas here ingame have a real connection to the real world.

I mean the investments in Deeds or Houses or Land and also in Items. A normal game is a closed in itself, i think its easier to manage, everything what happens is scripted, it is not much way to change the mechanics from outside and if somebody change or can change it its really easy for the Devs to fix it.

But here everything was comes or the Devs can bring in, can change everything, can destroy everything. On the other side woud to much interference of the Devs change the feeling Entropia Universe has. The dynamic component in Entropia Universe make it feel like a real Universe ( Because things change, becouse it fucks you or it dosnt care about your investment, your feelings ).

- I think we need a lot of better quest, that are not boring, that gives us more felling about a universe and that we are a part of it. I see the most of people hunt iron quests, talk with other on team speak or on switch and that is from time to time nice, but its not really a game play that people like in 2018 or 2019.

- Why not giving people the opportunity to buying Houses, some land or selling NPC, guns, clothes in the webshop? Woud the Webshop be bigger with more stuff a lot of new people woud join to this universe and coud build, sell and be a part of the universe.

* I now, you guys dont want that the AH is empty, but i think both woud work.

- Get a normal Support, a better quality of Support. Just somebody that aswers well, give information and that players are sure it is somebody therer and cares about the investments.

- Maybee it woud be nice to get some bigger/ smaller Astroids in space ( not Planet like) that people can use for mining to get great ore and also pirates can use to hunt people. Or maybee some bigger or smaller Pirate NPC spaceships that people can fight in a Group and get great loot. At this time space has nothing, a few monsters and thats it.

- If it is not possible or you guys not make commercial, just support normal people that streams or use switch and youtube for this game. That the makes the commercial for you in the www.

The list coud be longer and longer but for the first this few think woud be nice. For me it woud be nice we get better quests with more story and webshop with more things..thats my 2 cents in this case... ;)

Edit: Or all this things are not possible becouse Entropia Universe dont brings or earn that much Money that people can be a part of it and also get some Money? Somehow all possibilities are very much reduced..

Last edited:
Hi, iam a lazy one and plays from time to time, most of time i search cheap mobs and hunt, trys to finish the iron quests. I shave spend not much Money in this game but i love to play it and i love to see how other play it.

Somethimes i think that it is not possible to get Entropia Universe like the other games becouse the real cash economy and becouse the ideas here ingame have a real connection to the real world.

I don't feel any difference, because it's still a game with extra platform and it's not a casino. Get it?

It's a game that you can withdraw back your money if you don't like or when you earn $? Am I right?

There was a time, doing and investing businesses with EU or in EU is possible. People believing it.

All sort of AWESOME stuffs, why turned out to be like that...... :(

It's a game that you can withdraw back your money if you don't like or when you earn $? Am I right?
Only with Entropia can you pull a reverse Neverdie like I did. He leveraged his house to get CND, I leveraged my cashout to buy houses. In a round about way this game will have made me a millionaire. There simply was no other way to initially fund that growth.

Prepare your anus for giant wall of text. I'm so sorry.

I think some of y'all are too invested in the game to see it for what it is, or maybe this is the only game you play so you aren't aware of how bad it is. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing it, and for me the best part is the very cool people I've met from around the world; but there's a LOT wrong with this game and the company that makes it which prevents it from being successful.

I would be surprised if there's more than around 200 active players at any given time. This is problem #1. MA can't hire talent to make this game great without adding a couple more zeros to that number.

There are multiple reasons for the low player count. One of the biggest is that the gameplay itself is absolutely horrendous. It's phenomenally boring, slow, unresponsive, and buggy. This is literally the only game I play where I have to do something else while I'm playing it because it's so boring and repetitive (I'm hunting as I type this). There's no combat mechanics at all, no block, no roll dodge, no real AoE, nothing interesting in fighting mobs - you just stand in front of the mob and let the statistics do their thing. The mobs just stand there and trigger a random animation when they attack. I've seen better games made in 6 hours at coding competitions.

Mining is the one activity that I can consistently profit in, and yet I find myself avoiding doing it most of the time because it's just so dull and tedious I can't stomach it. It's so bad I'd rather lose money doing something else.

A lot of new players leave for this reason alone. I've tried to get friends (with plenty of money to spend) to play and after a few hours they are like "lol bro this is trash, why you play this?". If they don't get hooked by the RCE aspect, it's all over.

And yes, you can have proper mechanics in this type of game. There's no reason I couldn't have some cool sci-fi shield that I could use to block an incoming hit in exchange for decay/UA. There's no reason I couldn't install some special chip that allowed me to perform roll dodge in exchange for decay/UA. There's no reason I couldn't get a special chip that when triggered created a temporary buff that reflects back a percentage of incoming damage. The possibilities are endless. There's zero reason for this game to not have real mechanics.

The interface is clunky and looks/feels like it was made in 1992. It's buggy and unresponsive. The targeting algorithm is horrible. Collision detection was made by someone just learning how to program. Mob AI is non existent.

Everything is painfully slow, they need to double the walk/run speeds, and add a sprint mode. This game feels like it was designed for geriatrics. Fix the vehicle spawns so that you don't have to run around for 10 minutes trying to find the perfect spot to place the vehicle. Fix the vehicle physics so my 40 ton vtol doesn't bounce around like a beach ball, and my sandrunner doesn't drive like I'm surfing. God forbid I hit a tiny pebble and send my vehicle flopping end over end.

There's no consistent style or theme. We are colonizing this brutal sci-fi planet and yet had time to build shopping malls? Why are we running around with viking swords and cowboy hats? Where the do the fireworks fit in, and why do my buffs come from these big ugly as shit gold pimp rings? I feel like most of the game assets were made by someone who is just learning to create game assets from YT tutorials.

SOO with all that negative, why play? Obviously it's the RCE aspect that is the unique twist that draws people in. This is the "hook", but also prevents a lot of industry standard marketing techniques that brings new players (e.g. free play weekends, giveaways, etc). To make a game like this work, the developers are going to have to think outside of the box.

The second biggest barrier to getting and retaining new players besides the gameplay is the price. This game is way too expensive. I'm not even talking about end game gear (which is absurd IMO), but even simple things like I've seen clothing that costs more than I would spend on clothes IRL. If MA wants to attract *and retain* new players they need to do a serious overhaul and lower the cost to play, at least on the lower and mid levels. And I'm sorry, but hunting punies forever is not the answer. And no, I'm not talking about more "free" activities like sweating or fruit gathering either - attracting more poor non-depositing teenagers is not the answer. They need to make the game more accessible for middle-class gamers with money to spend. That is the bulk of the gaming audience. If they only cater to the upper class, then you will have the game you have now.

They fucked the MU on loot with EP IV, but I'm sure those gamblers are a good revenue stream so I can't see that going anywhere. ArMatrix was a step in the right direction, but it's not enough. They need to do what Ark did with the Viceroy; times 10. Make crafting NPCs that will make cool stuff for you in exchange for materials. Limited items that are swapped out frequently. Something similar to the token vendors, but replace the tokens with actual resources and then all of a sudden MU starts going up.

Another thing Ark did right was placing the shopping stalls around the most populated area. This should be the norm. Twins should have a ring of stalls around it, not the stupid mall. Most of the active TPs should have stalls around them. To prevent players buying them and then just sitting on the deeds while their account goes inactive, MA should make these auction based, and time limited. You can only retain the deed for the stall for one month, after which it goes back to the auction. If you win the deed back, you keep the stall for another month, otherwise your stuff gets returned to your storage and someone new gets the stall. You can only hold one stall deed at a time. This would keep the stalls active. The vast majority of the shops and stalls in the current game are either empty or haven't been updated in years or are owned by inactive players, making them completely useless.

I won't even talk about the disaster that is space.

this is completely correct

Hey'all :) some blast from the past .. not sure if anyone will remember me, haven't logged in years.

Hello folks

Mindark how you do want to deal with this ? There are so many peds in game that have no real money backup in your company bank account. This is the biggest treat that entropia might go down one day. What are your plans to reduce them to a point were its no longer critical ? Are you even at a point were those fiat peds shrink or does they still expand in numbers ?

As to the issue of un-backed liabilities -- didn't someone at some point review MindArk financials and saw that they book "deposits" as revenue? That is, any time you deposit, you're basically buying "game fun" that may (or may not) involve the ability to withdraw in the future?

On a separate note -- anyone can fill an old-timer in on main things that changed in the last four or so years lol? Top PvP societies atm, for example? :)

I am just curious, even if MA fulfilled all your needs, will you pay $1k sssss to go further up with this game?

It doesn't have to. The game should aim for 50,000 players who are ok with dropping 50-100$ monthly, not to 500 who are willing to put in 1k$. That is the single biggest fundamental flaw of Entropia's design. The avatars are, by design of the game, constructed to risk more and more in absolute financial value per attempt. This is a mistake. The absolute financial committement between lowest and highest possible turnover should be something from 10$ to 100-200$. And by that I mean projected loss. As it stands, you risk very easy 200$ daily at midlvl and at uber lvl, God forbid lol.

Your ArMatrix doesn't have to cost more pec per shot as it grows in level, you know. Or if it does, there is no reason for that increment to not be a fraction of what it is now. What it should provide first is content, fun, mechanics, different areas of the game etc.

But what are we talking about, the lowest mob available in Mayhem costs 0.3$ per kill. The lowest.

People should risk & gamble MU for meaningful and fun ends, not risk & gamble tt for, well, gambling.

Some excellent points (for MA to fix) brought up, especially by Fiona Simmons and Detritus.

"- The oil rig is such a old concept , why not add world bosses with shared loot that people can contest , maximizing their chances of the good loots it might drop by weeding out the competetion before the boss."

Not sure I understand because wasn't this tried on Ark and Cyrene, Caly has a player worm event, etc. etc.
Problem with 1 really big boss is its really only for an uber to score most of boss loot.

But if it was event that only let players with TT armor and weapons join...
..then MA better fix servers so all players can gather and all attack at same time.

As for putting my mind down about the state of EU.

Grind... when players in other games whine about grind, the standard I have is EU and how much less grind the other games are. I also played another game (PGI's DoTD) simultaneously while hunting or crafting in EU.

About RCE being the hook.
There used to be a people who joined EU for the Virtual World side of it.
They came to just hang out, do stuff together, maybe create items, or just run around for a challenge, having fun.

But crafting/mining is borked.
And body sculpting/hairdressing/coloring/scanning is also borked.
Face painting UI is super-borked af.
The fashion events stopped and the stage near deer mall is a time capsule for the last year it was held.
Speaking of the past, remembering past players is forbidden by MA!!!

Memorial island should have been a no drop zone, no pvp zone, and no vehicle zone.
There should've been a run from Nea's to memorial island achievement, and another achievement that kept count of how many runs participated in.
Doesn't matter now, there's no statues nor plaques on "Memorial Island" and no newbie runs to get there.
And achievements are borked.

Still no footguards for some armor sets, some footguards are far too scarce and its not a set if you can't get feet.
Valiant footguard blueprint is limited only, and none found in game for half a decade.
Some player owned stalls/shops left unattended for years, decades... its dead space, wake up MA.
Some clothes changed way too much during the game engine change.
Player team limit is crippled that no +40 players with tt guns hunting and no apartment gatherings.
No simple PP forwarding customer service with issues
ie. like a broken PP mission = no forwarding, just a super delay to tell player to piss off its not MA's problem! Except it is MA's problem and its a friggin' huge problem to new players!
No to super-glacier-slow player "Support" by MA
One of the big things that hits new players is no human voices in game and still no voip in 2018!

No MA commercials/advertisements
No attempt at new player retention
No MA communications
No IRL Advertising companies throughout EU (meh)
No pet value (loot boxes & compet flooded/devalue)
No stables (claim marker don't count)
No shop floor-drop-spaz update
No Space update

No non-hunting events (ie fashion events, etc.)
No TVs with player videos
No backpacks
No voting
No sailing ship
No spontaneous random player happenings (40 people hunting with tt weapons)
No random 20-50 player team hunt mob with TT weapons
No skeletons in game, come-on return will dance for peds at least!

No "lol" in chat...... seriously!
No AFK................................
No scavenger hunts / newbie surprises because...
No placing items on ground
No sitting on floor/ground
No laying on ground
No PE, its now EU (the solo instance mission shooter).
No Fun...

And hey MA just an fyi, the wallpaper never got added.

...we all need to start dont buying the stupid boxes from the shop! If we dont do it, thats the Future of Entropia Universe...

It doesn't have to. The game should aim for 50,000 players who are ok with dropping 50-100$ monthly, not to 500 who are willing to put in 1k$. That is the single biggest fundamental flaw of Entropia's design. The avatars are, by design of the game, constructed to risk more and more in absolute financial value per attempt. This is a mistake. The absolute financial committement between lowest and highest possible turnover should be something from 10$ to 100-200$. And by that I mean projected loss. As it stands, you risk very easy 200$ daily at midlvl and at uber lvl, God forbid lol.

Your ArMatrix doesn't have to cost more pec per shot as it grows in level, you know. Or if it does, there is no reason for that increment to not be a fraction of what it is now. What it should provide first is content, fun, mechanics, different areas of the game etc.

But what are we talking about, the lowest mob available in Mayhem costs 0.3$ per kill. The lowest.

People should risk & gamble MU for meaningful and fun ends, not risk & gamble tt for, well, gambling.

Cheers :D

- All messages deleted -
Lazy to give further comments. They are all negative anyway. LOL

I already gave my long rant about what needs to be improved, but to add to what others have said - for me there's no real "reward" for playing.

Other games I play I can login, play for a few hours, and at the end of it feel like I've accomplished something. I am actively rewarded for playing, in the form of achievements, cosmetic items, interesting loots, and my character will grow and level up.

When I'm relaxing on a Saturday and I think about what game I want to play for the next few hours, and I think about EU, I think "eh.. I'll just stand in front of the boring mobs and auto-shoot for a couple of hours at the end of which I will probably not even gain one level, I will have looted nothing interesting, and I will have lost $20-30"; so inevitably I will pick something else. I think this core experience is what MA needs to address if they want to retain players.

Unfortunately, MA is one of those companies that doesn't do anything for their player base without seeing $$$ in it. Anything.

Got the candy for Christmas? Great if you're a hunter, lets you shoot PED at a faster rate and you get an entirely unnoticeable increase in your chance for crits... not much of a help for crafting or mining is it? The christmas strongboxes that you have to go and buy more keys than you need to open? Heh... THANKS! Merry Christmas to you too!

Let's slap a new name on a gun and fudge a number here and there and call it a new item. The suckers will line up to buy it!

MA promotes the game by some Google ads that pop up on the occasional webpage about Entropia and once in a while inviting a games journalist in while they rig an ATH.

Are there things that MA can do that will improve our experience that isn't about $$$ but about making the game better for us? Sure.

Here's a couple ideas.

In game calculator?

In game ticker that displays current MU on everything with MU?

A degree display in the compass? Sometimes I want to walk an unwavering line in a specific heading. The Sleipnir has it, so it is in the game. Put it on the compass.

In game media player that I can play my music on without having to alt-tab? Because quite frankly, Entropia's music has sucked for quite a few versions now.

Oh, hey... it's almost 2019... a functioning screen shot?

You know, just little things done for our convenience that isn't about how much we can be fleeced for.

Some other things...

Telling people it's free to play, then removing or hindering any feature that allows for tedious free-play. Don't do things like that.

Allowing manipulation of PEC in the AH? So some people can sell their stuff at MU. 50 PEC can be the difference between being grossly under MU or grossly over MU. Do things like that.

NOT nerfing the TT value of untradable items bought in the web shop and changing their properties as well. (That's called Bait and Switch and is a no no. MA should talk to WarGaming about their Super Pershing). No one was getting rich from using the starter pack items. Changing those for the worse was a dick move. Don't do things like this. One day you will piss off a lawyer. Things like full refund, they get to keep the items and then punitive payouts happen. Don't do it.

Better support. I'm sorry, but for the amount of money that players put in to this game, when they have a legitimate issue, the response should be "Yes sir. Right away, sir. We are on it." Learn to give some good service. Do this.

FIX LONGSTANDING BUGS THAT ARE SCREWING US. Do this.

When people take a break from the game, don't send the "Nice account you got there... be a shame if something happened to it." e-mails. I don't believe for one second that there's such an enormous influx of new players that someone can't take a few months off without you threatening to scrub their account to make room for the massive hordes of n00bs.

Most of the people playing this game think that MA is sterling, but in the rest of the Online world, this game is considered Three Card Monty Online. That reputation is not completely unearned. MA needs to work on that.

P.S. When someone's butthole is bleeding, MA, it's time to pull your dong out. Learn it, know it, live it.

Last edited:
Back