Strongbox announcement

Ääääääh? No wonder the world looks like it does with that thinking.

Anyway,

Doubt Swedish players have to worries that we not gonna play this game in the future. If that happends then the game is DONE GAME OVER
I don't think it will be game over. Well not for the rest of the world. But for us yes. We'd be forced to move to USA or something. Kinda ironic since the game is and was made in sweden.

This is my biggest fear. What if suddenly lotteriinspektionen considers EU as gambling and thus no Swedish players will be able to play anymore.

Sounds like they are being cautious, but this is a bad sign IMO. This idea is spreading and is a bad precedent for EU players (certain countries can't access/do certain things) That gets really tricky.

That is probably why they choose this decision. The risk has increased that lootboxes in EU will attract an investigation by lotteriinspektionen if EU is gambling or not.

Especially now that lootboxes has started to be regulated/investigated in other countries and Sweden have recently restricted/regulated online gambling, the risk probably was considered too high to continue offering lootboxes.

Soon Finland ip addresses maybe added to list for not able to purchase those boxes.
There has been some news here that finnish police is currently investigating those together with lottery company and some other EU countries.

Especially now that lootboxes has started to be regulated/investigated in other countries and Sweden have recently restricted/regulated online gambling, the risk probably was considered too high to continue offering lootboxes.

Think this is good. Since alot of this gambling boxes generate gambling addiction

dont forget that a vast majority of the player base are old fucks (no offense) so they might not be able to do it or are afraid of it.

I'm an old fuck and used IP masking and vpn's already when you were still shitting diapers.

Also, I coded stuff with only zero's as one's still had to be invented. Yes, I'm that old.

I'm an old fuck and used IP masking and vpn's already when you were still shitting diapers.

Also, I coded stuff with only zero's as one's still had to be invented. Yes, I'm that old.

not quite. as vpn started to be developed in 1996 i have already been in highschool :)
and to add to my statement: i looked up some numbers and here are the results:

VPN Users by Age (https://thebestvpn.com/vpn-usage-statistics/)
16-24: 35%
25-34: 33%
35-44: 19%
45-54: 9%
55-64: 4%

This kinda proves my statement, doesnt it? just because a minority uses it doesnt mean everyone in that age group knows how to do it. in fact, the vast majority doesnt. so theres that.

OR

you could move Entropia outside of the EU jurisdiction:
- make a company abroad, and put ownership there
- sell your (Swedish) programming and development services to the abroad company...

There will most likely be much easier solutions than that :)

Make better ammo packs and put keys in TT? Or make them tradable?
Better ammo packs could have:
- more skill pills - MA still puts a lot bigger value on these than what they should have...
- 5 hr speed pills
- 5 hr loot pills
- 5hr pills with 1-5 % reload, focused blow, crit damage, evade chance etc
- big ammo packs with some personal untradable items - 1k$ ammo pack with portable auctioneer, 5k $ ammp pack with personal portable crafting machine

If neither will work, just remember boxes are somewhat new and there was a game before boxes. Don't worry too much about it guys :)

A new system has been put in place that allows for items to drop on any mob according to their level. Rings could be put in loot! Perfected ones in mobs of danger lavel over 70, adj rings on mobs of danger level over 15 etc.

MA really needs to profile their customers better and it woul be easy to replace the strongboxes. Just avoid selling armor in webshop :cool:

you wont be able to do it yourself. but options are a VPN to bypass the swedish ip (and i doubt that MA has very good mechanisms in place to prevent using a vpn)
or you could use a box opening service. or just save yourself from the ped loss from opening boxes and just buy the stuff you want. comes you cheaper in the end.

Great solution. Sigh....

Isnt most of us adults? Why is this a nessasary law to start with?
Are they going to bann all gambling then to now ?
This is so stupid i find it just laughable:wise:
But sure a VPN can be used so what is the point afterall ?

And yea MA can and should make it work in another way then if it realy comes to that:cool:

Rings should be from sooto
pills should be crafted
even loot pills should be crafted
nanocubes should be converted from shrapnel

strongboxes should be removed from the webshop and just looted in crafting/mining/hunting as well as the keys in a different profession.***

The tt should only have straight ammo (though I would also argue for it being crafted down the road as well) and newbie gear.

Get the money moving around again in the game,(AT ALL LEVELS OF PLAY) its stagnent now which is bad for the economy.
The economy is why me and many others really got into this game, it would be awesome to see it return to a well balanced economic simulator wrapped up to look like a pretty mmo like it should have been.

***put a storyline to it, put in the space transport missions like was supposed to be years ago(it still hasnt been right?) and call strongboxes found in loot 'Crashed transport crates'. you never know what you will find :p

dont forget that a vast majority of the player base are old fucks (no offense) so they might not be able to do it or are afraid of it.

Old fuck here. I am very used to using a VPN thank you.

not quite. as vpn started to be developed in 1996 i have already been in highschool :)

This kinda proves my statement, doesnt it? just because a minority uses it doesnt mean everyone in that age group knows how to do it. in fact, the vast majority doesnt. so theres that.

Does'nt even include my age group :D

OR

you could move Entropia outside of the EU jurisdiction:
- make a company abroad, and put ownership there
- sell your (Swedish) programming and development services to the abroad company...

This would not change anything for Swedish users who remain in their jurisdiction. Not the first time something like this happens, I remember the day when all US people were suddenly cut off from playing online poker. Most of the companies running these games were abroad already or in the first place.

Whether running Entropia over a VPN collides with its TOS or will trigger MA's alarm bells is another thing to check. I don't remember exactly, but there were certain circumstances which disallowed it. I'm not utterly motivated to dive into their legalese now and search for it, everyone with an interest in it should do their homework.

by this statement, since no group is over 50%, the vast majority of ALL people don't know what/how to use vpn as last I checked 35% or less is a minority......

by this statement, since no group is over 50%, the vast majority of ALL people don't know what/how to use vpn as last I checked 35% or less is a minority......

:laugh::laugh:

Bro, notice how all the numbers add up to 100? It's the age distribution, not the percentage of vpn users in each group.

:laugh::laugh:

Bro, notice how all the numbers add up to 100? It's the age distribution, not the percentage of vpn users in each group.

lmao... doh, I read that as 35% of this age group, 33% of this age group..... haha my bad:ahh:

So you were born around 1984, how fitting. Still validates my point about you not being potty trained when I was tweaking phones and networks in ways the standards did not define (watch how I carefully avoid the H word)

You also tend to overlook the fact that gamers are typically tech savvy and often have engineering backgrounds... at least half my FL does. So I dare to state that useage of VPN is more common amongst EU players (Fuck MA for starting to call us Users, we Play not Use) of all age groups. I'm too old to try to find out how to start a poll so perhaps you can do that for me? :tongue2:

Great annoucement, glad some countries are cracking down on this.

Personally i hope MA scrap the entire webshop, there is no place for it in a RCE (imo). MA you have an entire universe to build shops in :laugh:. Selling things via the webshop under mines the economy.

Why not relocate the webshop to a "physical" shop within the universe? :wise:

+ rep sweden

For those who have been advocating VPN as a bypass to the new law, please do understand the law first. Having a VPN does not exempt you from being held in contempt. It only makes it tougher to track the individual doing so. Also most companies do not provide anonymous VPN which means they have data on you at all times. Besides that if for any reason your computer is searched ( could be multiple reasons for that) and you are found using a VPN to access things which you are not supposed to, there will be multiple other charges added to your felony.

For example , stealing is punishable only once the criminal has been caught and there are various means by which you can prevent that from happening , none of which is legal or should be construed as such. Hiring someone else to steal will not exempt you from the crime.

From what I see from MA's announcement, they are suggesting that if you are from Sweden or even if you are from abroad and using a Swedish IPN you will not be allowed to buy the keys. That does not mean they are recommending you to use VPN's to bypass the law and it is highly irresponsible of people to make such suggestions not knowing what consequences *others* would face because of it.

Last edited:
For those who have been advocating VPN as a bypass to the new law, please do understand the law first. Having a VPN does not exempt you from being held in contempt. It only makes it tougher to track the individual doing so. Also most companies do not provide anonymous VPN which means they have data on you at all times. Besides that if for any reason your computer is searched ( could be multiple reasons for that) and you are found using a VPN to access things which you are not supposed to, there will be multiple other charges added to your felony.

For example , stealing is punishable only once the criminal has been caught and there are various means by which you can prevent that from happening , none of which is legal or should be construed as such. Hiring someone else to steal will not exempt you from the crime.

From what I see from MA's announcement, they are suggesting that if you are from Sweden or even if you are from abroad and using a Swedish IPN you will not be allowed to buy the keys. That does not mean they are recommending you to use VPN's to bypass the law and it is highly irresponsible of people to make such suggestions not knowing what consequences *others* would face because of it.

i havent seen the law so im not sure how exactly it is written but does it restrict people FROM sweden to buy lootboxes or does it restrict people IN sweden to buy lootboxes?
cos when they go via IP that should mean people IN sweden arent allowed. When using a VPN or (better) use a Server in another country to buy them it would technically be OK as location of purchase wouldnt be Sweden.
If it would be forbidden for swedes (or residents of sweden) to buy them then buying them when on vacation in another country or when going across the border to buy them should be forbidden as well, just as people who visit sweden on vacation should be allowed to do so.

so id say theres lots of room for interpretation, as always with new laws.

So you were born around 1984, how fitting. Still validates my point about you not being potty trained when I was tweaking phones and networks in ways the standards did not define (watch how I carefully avoid the H word)

You also tend to overlook the fact that gamers are typically tech savvy and often have engineering backgrounds... at least half my FL does. So I dare to state that useage of VPN is more common amongst EU players (Fuck MA for starting to call us Users, we Play not Use) of all age groups. I'm too old to try to find out how to start a poll so perhaps you can do that for me? :tongue2:

i, personally, know lots of gamers who arent tech savy enough to build up their own PC from parts and cant even change the RAM so... there are lots of different people ;-)

i, personally, know lots of gamers who arent tech savy enough to build up their own PC from parts and cant even change the RAM so... there are lots of different people ;-)

It took quite some effort to get entropia to run in the past. So most oldies in here have at least some experience getting Entropia to run.

Of of the ass comment: Put keys in TT?

What kind of law is that? :scratch2: Concerning MA strongboxes.... something doesn't fit right! I feel like I'm missing something.

so id say theres lots of room for interpretation, as always with new laws.

If only MA had some legal representatives who could examine this and advise them on the appropriate action to take.

i havent seen the law so im not sure how exactly it is written but does it restrict people FROM sweden to buy lootboxes or does it restrict people IN sweden to buy lootboxes?

Neither, it´s a gambling law and in short it says something like:
Code:
1 §   Denna lag gäller spel om pengar och andra vinster med ett värde i pengar.
This law applies to games for money and other winnings with a monetary value.

Code:
2 §   Lagen ska tillämpas på spel som tillhandahålls i Sverige,  Onlinespel som inte riktas till den svenska marknaden ska inte anses tillhandahållna i Sverige.

The law applies to games provided in Sweden. Online games that are not directed to the Swedish market are not considered to be provided in Sweden.

My guess is that since it´s still up for debate if lootboxes is considered gambling (at least i think so?) this is just a precaution to prevent any potential ramifications in the end.

To make things clear, It´s not illegal for Swedes to buy strongboxes, it could potentially be illegal to sell strongboxes to Swedes, if you don´t have a gambling license :D

On a side note, the following example pulled from Lotteriinspektionen(Translated with google translate, since i´m lazy) somwhat describes exactly what entropia is:

Eva has a user account on the gaming game platform Gaming. Through the Gaming platform, she can play different computer games. The Gaming platform also includes the possibility of switching real money into Gaming coins that you can use to purchase virtual items with different values ​​in the computer game. In one of these computer games, Eva participates in an arrangement that is determined by chance, whereby she wins a virtual object. The virtual item she sells to another user on the Gaming platform in exchange for Gaming coins. Gaming coins then switch to real money as the Gaming Platform deposits her bank account.

In the example above, Eva, on the Gaming platform, has participated in a lottery under the lottery law. First of all, this is because she won something because of the chance. Secondly, because of the fact that the profit was ultimately proven to have a real value in the real world, she sold her profits and the sale has resulted in her having received real money in her bank account.

In the next step, it is estimated that the Gaming platform organizes the lottery in Sweden. This may be the case if the one running the Gaming platform (for example, a limited company) conducts its main business in Sweden. If the Gaming platform is considered to host the lottery in Sweden, the arrangement is subject to the lottery law and then it is forbidden to arrange it without permission.

Last edited:
Back