Help: overamping in loot 2.0

• Thread starter Deleted member 41578
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 41578

Hey. I could use some piece of advice. After a longish break I stumbled upon those two FEN items:

1) Armatrix SB-10 FEN Edition

-> doing 11.2 - 22.4 DMG

2) Melee Trauma Amplifier II FEN Edition

-> providing 12 DMG

Since I am new to this entire loot 2.0 thing I would very much like to know your opinion about overamping within the current loot system. From my point of view it doesn't really look like ist going to do a lot of harm.. but who knows?? :confused:

Hey. I could use some piece of advice. After a longish break I stumbled upon those two FEN items:

1) Armatrix SB-10 FEN Edition

-> doing 11.2 - 22.4 DMG

2) Melee Trauma Amplifier II FEN Edition

-> providing 12 DMG

Since I am new to this entire loot 2.0 thing I would very much like to know your opinion about overamping within the current loot system. From my point of view it doesn't really look like ist going to do a lot of harm.. but who knows?? :confused:

Overamping will just reduce your DPP and cause you get get a higher shrapnel ratio in loot. It can often boost you Eff since the amp is higher Eff than the weapon, so you may actually see higher TT returns over time....but more shrapnel. You're overamping.....barely, so the DPP diff isn't going to be too noticeable.

Overamping will just reduce your DPP and cause you get get a higher shrapnel ratio in loot. It can often boost you Eff since the amp is higher Eff than the weapon, so you may actually see higher TT returns over time....but more shrapnel. You're overamping.....barely, so the DPP diff isn't going to be too noticeable.

Agreed. Overamping to a small degree works well for items which are barely mismatched in damage. Overamping to a large degree is a way to get higher individual loots but sacrifices loot composition.
You can basically turn hunting into relatively the same thing as clicking EP4 by taking the biggest and most efficient amp you can afford (Trauma Amp VI for example) and slapping it on a small weapon like a TT powerfist and then go to town. Efficiency rating will be strongly biased toward that of the amp, and your returns will reflect that, but you will loot almost entirely shrapnel.

Uhm, I dunno how the conclusion its just a drop in DPP was made.

MY theory is.
Since loot 2.0 u only get return for what u put in, overamping means u spend a little each attack for which there is no return possible.

So if u do 20 damage max and u amp for 12 for instance, weapon is 5 pec per click and the amp 3.

since the overkill is not accounted for in the return equasion, ur DPP stays the same, giving u 30 damage for 7.5 pec per click, putting your max dpp at 4 and the overdamage worth 0.5 pec per shot is not accounted for in the loot equasion but i assume goes into the bonus lootpool.

U dont spend more for less damage reducing ur dpp, u just utulise less of the damage of the amp maintaining the dpp but forfeiting the money spend for the overamping.

Same goes for overkill is my experience.

MY theory is.
Since loot 2.0 u only get return for what u put in, overamping means u spend a little each attack for which there is no return possible.

So if u do 20 damage max and u amp for 12 for instance, weapon is 5 pec per click and the amp 3.

since the overkill is not accounted for in the return equasion, ur DPP stays the same, giving u 30 damage for 7.5 pec per click, putting your max dpp at 4 and the overdamage worth 0.5 pec per shot is not accounted for in the loot equasion but i assume goes into the bonus lootpool.

U dont spend more for less damage reducing ur dpp, u just utulise less of the damage of the amp maintaining the dpp but forfeiting the money spend for the overamping.

I would encourage you to do some testing with an unamped powerfist and a significantly overamped powerfist from the trade terminal (or a TT pistol with Hyp204). 10 puny mobs with each and compare your results. The test takes only a few minutes and hardly costs anything.

Edit: The method listed above is a test for over amping only.
Overkill can be tested using a TT pistol or powerfist unamped to kill 10 punies, then switch to a high damage per shot weapon like a VREX 2000 SGA Edition with damage enhancers, and kill 10 individual punies with it and compare the difference.

Last edited:
I would encourage you to do some testing with an unamped powerfist and a significantly overamped powerfist from the trade terminal (or a TT pistol with Hyp204). 10 puny mobs with each and compare your results. The test takes only a few minutes and hardly costs anything.

Edit: The method listed above is a test for over amping only.
Overkill can be tested using a TT pistol or powerfist unamped to kill 10 punies, then switch to a high damage per shot weapon like a VREX 2000 SGA Edition with damage enhancers, and kill 10 individual punies with it and compare the difference.

is 10 a good enough sample size to draw a valid conclusion though?

MY theory is.

since loot 2.0 there is no overkill anymore. has been tested plenty and im surprised that people with such a huge pedcard who claim to know everything most of the time as they are the "ubers" still dont know that... (there is a barrier for overkill but we are talking about normal overkill here and not blasting away punys with a 400 damage gun)

Thank you very much for your feedack on this! Going to feel a bit more relaxed when using it now :)

Also intend to do some testing with this setup and see what happens.

Back