Christmas Strongboxes 2018

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher

[h=2]Christmas Strongboxes 2018[/h] Last year a record number of Christmas Strongboxes were opened, due in large part to the powerful stats on the highly desirable Christmas Ring 2017. Due to a bug with the new intended ring for 2018, it has been decided to include the Christmas Ring 2017 in the Christmas Strongboxes again this year. All newly looted rings will have the item name updated to Christmas Ring 2018 in an upcoming patch.

Head over to the Classified Strongboxes page for full details on all the items available in the 2018 Christmas Strongboxes.

Happy Hunting!

Originally Posted Here

ooh a bug ... totally unexpected, huh? :girl:

I don't personally care about the ring, but it's just like the unfinished claws. How long did they have to plan and execute this? If my company's management was this bad at project execution they would be replaced pretty quickly.

how do we know whether we buy a xmas17, or an xmas18 disguised as an xmas17?

Will the stats be the same?

how do we know whether we buy a xmas17, or an xmas18 disguised as an xmas17?

Will the stats be the same?

As I read it, they aren't going to release the originally planned xmas18, because they couldn't get their shit together in time. So they are just re-releasing the xmas17 which they will rename to xmas18 but they couldn't get their shit together to do that in time either so it will be in a later patch... maybe by xmas20.

indeed, that is how I understand it as well.
But my question is: if someone loots a new xmas ring tomorrow, and another person buys it, how does he know it whether it is really a xmas17 ring of 2018 that is going to be converted, or a whether it is an old xmas17 ring of last year...

But my question is: if someone loots a new xmas ring tomorrow, and another person buys it, how does he know it whether it is really a xmas17 ring of 2018 that is going to be converted, or a whether it is an old xmas17 ring of last year...

I see your point, but since they are literally the same ring does it really matter?

Well you will all get 2017 christmas ring in the end so unless you care about having the newest shit always even if it's just a name it shouldn't matter.

The bug is: "Xen looted one so we must devalue it." :silly2:

The bug is: "Xen looted one so we must devalue it." :silly2:

An unknown source called up MA and was like "Screw Xen over with the xmas ring, he already owns in part a totally useless LA that no one would ever hunt and even if it were good enough to hunt then he wouldn't own it!"

better unlock your strongbox before dec 31st ... if you're from sweden or pwned by their jurisdiction
:dunce:

I see your point, but since they are literally the same ring does it really matter?

a perfect copy of the mona lisa painted by some nobody is worth the same as the original?

YES IT MATTERS :rolleyes:

idk, but i would rather have the MA team confirm the issues, than be silent. +rep to bertha

a perfect copy of the mona lisa painted by some nobody is worth the same as the original?

Where do you come up with these stupied similars? The mona Lisa is one of a kind, that cant be copeid and be given another name. The rings are no diffrent at all, it dose not matter if you call it 2017 or 2018 as they are just the same.

ahhhhhhhhhhh the ring....:dunce:

The Christmas Ring 2017 and Christmas Ring 2018 are identical except for the name, which will be updated in an upcoming patch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see ludvig/mindark is looking at this thread.
I think we swedes deserve some information about compensation of some sort.

Or wether or not it would be illegal to get strongboxes key through VPN even though you pay with a Swedish CC.

Clearly you missed this important episode.

:wise:

cityofdeath.jpg

Last edited:
As I read it, they aren't going to release the originally planned xmas18, because they couldn't get their shit together in time. So they are just re-releasing the xmas17 which they will rename to xmas18 but they couldn't get their shit together to do that in time either so it will be in a later patch... maybe by xmas20.

i don't think they are even embarrassed

I haven't purchased very many strongboxes over the years and so have not found any super rare items from them.
How is MindArk planning to compensate me for not having found any super rare items?

Wtg devalue the christmas 17 ring... some ppl spent good money on it thinking it was a rare and unique ring :mad:

Well, it's important to me, u know..... i have a gift box 2015, gift box 2016...

Nice collection :)

this is the post of the year :rofl: :eyecrazy::duh:

Except this copy is made by the same person who made the original, so your analogy makes no sense.

It's more like buying two giclée prints of the same art.

Where do you come up with these stupied similars? The mona Lisa is one of a kind, that cant be copeid and be given another name. The rings are no diffrent at all, it dose not matter if you call it 2017 or 2018 as they are just the same.

HAHAHA no they aren't, no matter how many ignorant people claim they are ;)

another example. hobbit first press and hobbit facsimile reproduction from 2015. same thing for you people. I'd love making deals with you :laugh:

Back