Castorian Combat Mace VI FEN Edition Comparative Analysis

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
Description: Niche melee weapon with high efficiency and currently unknown damage per PEC.
Level requirement to use: 60
Base DPS: 98.8 (MindArk analysis, max unamped)
Actual DPS with Trauma X FEN Edition amp: 93.8
Base Efficiency: 88.1 (likely ~87 with trauma X FEN Edition)
Attacks/minute: 46
Max damage/swing: 128.1 (176.1 with Trauma X FEN Edition)
Range: 6.6m
Special abilities: Lifesteal amps enable tanking of larger mobs than otherwise would be possible.
Seller asking price: 89K PED for weapon + amp.

Comparison #1:
ArMatrix LP-70 FEN Edition (+Hyp204 or Mayhem Beta)
Level Requirement to use: 70
Base DPS: 93.3
Base efficiency: 92.2%
Range: 28.6m
Estimated sale price: 70K without amp.

Comparative analysis 1: The Combat Mace + Trauma X FEN has +5 DPS over the LP-70 + Hypercharged, but -4 DPS below the LP-70 + Mayhem Beta (L) amp.
While the DPS difference in relatively negligible on paper, the range becomes a significant factor in calculating the actual DPS delivered in grinding or events over time. The distinct lack of range characteristic of melee weapons results in the necessity to continuously shift between weapons, or gather crowds of mobs to take full advantage of the DPS while using a ranged weapon allows an operator to align their next intended target behind their immediately engaged target. This typically results in a substantial actual DPS delivered over time using the ranged weapon vs melee.
Efficiency difference will be approximately 4%, resulting in a probable 0.28% lower return with the Combat Mace vs the LP-70.
A final significant difference is in the consumption of universal ammo. In a Mayhem event, shrapnel comprises over 95% of the loot. Since the LP-70 can consume Universal Ammo, it is possible to recapture the additional 1% bonus from Shrapnel.
Conclusion: The LP-70 will result in approximately 1.23% higher TT return over time, as well as a significantly higher kill rate than the Combat Mace VI.

Comparison #2: Genesis Power Claw Mk.6 FEN Edition + Improved Melee Trauma VI amp
Level requirement to use: 42
Base DPS: 89.3 (MindArk analysis, max unamped)
Actual DPS with Trauma VI Improved: 90.2
Base Efficiency: 85.4 (84.3 with Imp Trauma VI)
Attacks/minute: 87
Max damage/swing: 61.5 (176.1 with Trauma X FEN Edition)
Range: 4m
Special abilities: Lifesteal amps enable tanking of larger mobs than otherwise would be possible.
Seller's asking price: 32K PED

Comparative Analysis #2: Fully amped, the Combat Mace has just shy of 4 DPS over the Power Claw. The primary advantage of the club is reduction in consumption of lifesteal amps, while the drawback is a significantly higher instance of overkill. The Power Claw also has a remarkably low profession level to use, enabling a significant player population to have access to this weapon. One notable factor is the difference in efficiency equating to approximately a 0.28% difference in TT returns in favor of the mace. Neither weapon can consume universal ammo, so there is no benefit toward one or the other.

Other thoughts are welcome.

so u get mad at me because i wont trade u and u make this garbage up to get even with me, VERY NICE :eek:)

I never offered to trade you. You were, however, rather rude and very pushy in our conversation. Feel free to make your counter argument here.

No need

No need. weapon speaks for itself. I love your valuation TBH. :O) For obvious reasons. see u in space!

mHMMM

I never offered to trade you. You were, however, rather rude and very pushy in our conversation. Feel free to make your counter argument here.

So this had nothing to do with you having intrest in the mace right? none?

2018-12-15 08:05:10 [FROM: Captain Jack Daniels] With a 5 level SIB period, the mace is attractive to me
2018-12-15 08:05:18 [TO : Captain Jack Daniels] ask joda
2018-12-15 08:05:22 [FROM: Captain Jack Daniels] But with a 10 level SIB period, that puts me too close to my Mayhem category

And when i told u i did not want to hear your sales pitch? Just make your offer? You pushed at me. Try to force me to hear your valuation sales pitch. I did not want to hear it... But ofc, it was me that was rude, right? Maybe if this continues i can post the whole conversation :O). Guess what dude, when YOU MESSAGE SOMEONE, and start running your gums, AND THEY ASK YOU TO STOP REPEATEDLY... things tend to get tense. Your are entitled to your opinion, i however am not required to listen to it. Truth is, you want to off your cheesy power claw on someone, and u want the mace.. and when i wouldnt listen to your well thought sales pitch, you came up with this post as secondary stab at it. Its clear and obvious, maybe not to u, but most will see it. You have a nice day jack. Enjoy your wee claw! :O)

The Power Claw also has a remarkably low profession level to use, enabling a significant player population to have access to this weapon.

Different profession though, and we can't really know if there are more lvl 60+ clubbers or lvl 42+ brawlers.

Until now, there was only one 30+ dps powerfist (Ranged Psy-Blade) but multiple clubs.

All of these items are overpriced. People haven't realized yet that DPP matters little to nothing nowadays. And efficiency is a placebo. Just look at smilgs logs and you will see.

When more people start to realize this, the price on UL items will take a deep dive, which already is happening. Namely older items imk2 and MM.

Also the fact that every merry mayhem more of these weapons and potentially better and bigger will be introduced. It's a risky investment to say the least.

I personally value the claw at max 20-25k depending on tier (from what I hear it's maxed around lvl 50 power fist). As for the club because of lower attack per min it's more useful than the claw because of lower enhancers breakrate. And bigger crits. Also the amps will last longer with the mace.

It's worth whatever someone will pay for it.

Different profession though, and we can't really know if there are more lvl 60+ clubbers or lvl 42+ brawlers.

Until now, there was only one 30+ dps powerfist (Ranged Psy-Blade) but multiple clubs.

Should be plenty of high level clubbers around with all the decent maces about, I'm level 73 :)

Probably less high level fist users, but even with no fists skills I'm level 42 brawler and with my skills I'm level 64. Most the ubers can probably max the fist with just their secondary skills.

Not sure if anyone will max that great claw with rec 85!

The lifesteal effect is undervalued in op.
It can be 8 percent with only An amp. It can be even higher with extra buffs like a cloak/ring.
It simply means with this mace there are no or neglectable defense costs in the mobs you would normally do. The lifesteal Amps last a very long time. Tagging can be done with the vtx-100 (2 ped in auction)

For the Castorian Combat Mace VI FEN Edition and amp
"Estimated sale price: 70K without amp."
or Estemated price with out amp 19K ped, if the amps can sell for more then the one that sold the very same day it was posted.
A true price on something should make it sit for a week to a few months before a sell happens.

Last edited:
The lifesteal effect is undervalued in op.
It can be 8 percent with only An amp. It can be even higher with extra buffs like a cloak/ring.
It simply means with this mace there are no or neglectable defense costs in the mobs you would normally do. The lifesteal Amps last a very long time. Tagging can be done with the vtx-100 (2 ped in auction)

They aren't amps, they are weapon attachments for melee; you can still drop any amp on your Weapon with one Defeats attachment already on it.

The max item effect is 10% so not hard to get the max effect from a pill, ModResto, ring or two combined with the attachment's 8%.

Last edited:
For the Castorian Combat Mace VI FEN Edition and amp
"Estimated sale price: 70K without amp."
or Estemated price with out amp 19K ped, if the amps can sell for more then the one that sold the very same day it was posted.
A true price on something should make it sit for a week to a few months before a sell happens.

What price did the amp sell for and who bought it?

All of these items are overpriced. People haven't realized yet that DPP matters little to nothing nowadays. And efficiency is a placebo. Just look at smilgs logs and you will see.

When more people start to realize this, the price on UL items will take a deep dive, which already is happening. Namely older items imk2 and MM.

This is exactly how it is, especially that efficiency is overrated even with high ped cycling. Anyone saying otherwise either have a newly bought high efficiency weapon or is trying to protect their imk2/MM value.

Reasonable DPP, DPS and to use a weapon at right level (bankroll/ped cycling) is all you need to have as requirement for a weapon. The key with hunting lies in knowledge, good timing and to know what mob to hunt when to gain good markup. Efficiency should just be seen as a bonus and should not cost several thousand extra for what it does.

wuldnt pay more than 25K for the mace

specialy cus its junkman who did loot it i wuldnt pay 1 ped for that

since he´s a very fu**ed up player and prty rude to like everything he does

oh that reminds me to the storry how that Cu** made my old soc kick me for no reason

thanks m8 i guess karma will hit you hard one day

You're forgetting about high damage intervals which means it does a lot better than the other weapons with enhancers

its obvious you don't want a trade , else you would go on comprehensive analysis and would make a significantly well put post to show the 2 items in correlation

its obvious you don't want a trade , else you would go on comprehensive analysis and would make a significantly well put post to show the 2 items in correlation

I had several inquiries ingame as to my analysis of the weapon, and so I reached out to the owner to inquire as to his price justification - open minded that he may have a valid argument to support his price tag. His argument was more like that of a used car salesman with statements like "speaks for itself" and "make an offer now". He was very rude and very pushy. I presume that if he treats me in such a fashion, he is likely to treat other inquirers in similar fashion, so I decided to simply make a public thread which I can refer people to who inquire as to my opinion on the weapon's practical value. After reading this thread they can PM me ingame for an actual price analysis, as I have intentionally left that out of this thread here.

I think the market economy is very different today than previously, this I would assume relies heavily on sales of current owned items to contribute to cost of new items and the current demanded prices.

80+ efficiency is now overnight the new norm, when many upgradable weapons only a few months back ran around 60+ eco. So this raises a few questions, what are MA's plans with regards to continued introduction of better efficiency into 2019? Are weapons under 60 eco now worthless? Has the under the hood "goal posts" changed to account for a new normal of 80 eco? In other words do we need at least 60 eco to reasonably survive?

If players are generally not looting items, but buying them even if this means via tokens (with some exceptions of course), how much money and purchasing power have people got? Or more to the point prepared to pay.

If someone has invested 10K's ped into tiering a weapon that has heavily reduced in value, and probably very difficult to sell, how are those players going to raise 80K ped or so to buy the new items, and do they trust current change to pay those prices?

I'm really happy that Ma are levelling the playing field, it was somewhat unfair that for the last 15 years most players were running 40 eco, when the lucky ones were running 90+ eco. Not including the ability to loot nice items because of that special eco factor. That alone answers a lot of questions for the majority of the community.

I've been watching auction closely to see if these items are moving, and they're simply not at current demanded prices. The 7 day listing all expire with no sale.

So the community needs a reality check. $8000 for a weapon. seriously!!!! I reckon that would mean a deposit for most. Of course there will be some market for those that own LA's and are doing well, but even those players will ask themselves, can I sell it again at those prices.

There's some sweet gear around for sure to droll over, personally I'm waiting to see if the speed of change continues at current rates, and watch the market. I'm also very aware that I need 80 eco if I'm going to hunt heavily ever again now....so it will be interesting to see what happens over the next few months with availability and trading prices.

Rick

edit: then there's another question, should the price of the weapon be based only on the ability to survive and not the ability to loot cool things? If most nice items are in boxes, or event items, or token items, or mission items.....what is there to loot? That's another thing to take into account when valuing weapons.

Last edited:
Not a thing

Then I put this to you Mr Slyk.

Why is it than I can only loot Nem amour parts off a certain mob with a VI amp attached that raises my eco to a certain point. But if I use a IV amp I never loot those parts. This is based on tests over 100'sK even millions of kills on the same mob.

Those drops are very rare of course, but it only happened with high efficiency.

Maybe you're right, but didn't MA say in one of their dev posts better eco contributed to "what you can loot", and looter skill was "how much you loot".

Nem Armor parts re not great MU, but I ask myself; 12 years+ in game is a long time in game to not loot something exceptional, and was eco a contributing factor to that?

Rick

I had several inquiries ingame as to my analysis of the weapon, and so I reached out to the owner to inquire as to his price justification - open minded that he may have a valid argument to support his price tag. His argument was more like that of a used car salesman with statements like "speaks for itself" and "make an offer now". He was very rude and very pushy. I presume that if he treats me in such a fashion, he is likely to treat other inquirers in similar fashion, so I decided to simply make a public thread which I can refer people to who inquire as to my opinion on the weapon's practical value. After reading this thread they can PM me ingame for an actual price analysis, as I have intentionally left that out of this thread here.

You don't need to bother defending yourself. We all can see the other guy is being a madlad.

You don't need to bother defending yourself. We all can see the other guy is being a madlad.

There's 2 FEN X melee amps currently in auction right now and the prices are wildly different. I think one was priced 80K the other 27K.

If the 27K one doesn't sell, we know that's not the realistic price either.

Laughing

Rick

I see trees are green.......why so much hate. Nice comparision Jack. Gl and best regards.

So things have moved on since this thread was put together.

What is the current price for a Castorian Combat Mace VI FEN Edition?

Bear in mind the other FEN Mace is 79.8 eco sold around 15K, and there one listed in PFC asking around 16K

Have any of the Castorian Combat Mace VI FEN Edition been sold and at what prices, or are people still just throwing around asking prices for these at the moment, with no sales?

Cheers

Rick

So things have moved on since this thread was put together.

What is the current price for a Castorian Combat Mace VI FEN Edition?

Bear in mind the other FEN Mace is 79.8 eco sold around 15K, and there one listed in PFC asking around 16K

Have any of the Castorian Combat Mace VI FEN Edition been sold and at what prices, or are people still just throwing around asking prices for these at the moment, with no sales?

Cheers

Rick

I've been watching the market for these as I would love to own one but none have sold to my knowledge with majority of them asking 35K or so for the weapon

I've been watching the market for these as I would love to own one but none have sold to my knowledge with majority of them asking 35K or so for the weapon

Cheers thanks, I'm not aware of any actual sales either. The thing is the other mace is nice as well.
I do feel it's a buyers market out there right now, so lets see what happens.

Rick

Hold on until the event ends and people realize there are only a handful ingame and everyone will suddenly want one because they are just badass. Minimum 50k? :)

Hold on until the event ends and people realize there are only a handful ingame and everyone will suddenly want one because they are just badass. Minimum 50k? :)

what are the tiering cost?

Back