Be nice if MA remebered there's THREE major professions...

Ape Drape

Dominant
Jaque ApeDrape LeCaque
Seriously, no FEN Edition F-105s? No tokens dropped from mining or crafting?
No events ever for these professions?

Also, nice X-mas strongboxes. Is it a gift if we have to buy it?

I have always been suprised that these new style events have not included miners and crafters.

If the FEN tokens drop in loot for hunters surely it would not be so hard to add them to the mining and crafting loot pools as well? :scratch2:

It would be nice to get some communication from MA as to why they don't include these groups in events.

Also the strongbox "gifts" give a lot of UA which is completely pointless to crafters :laugh:

ON SGA they had VRX BP (L) SGA .... would be nice to add some FEN BP (L) for various items.....
And to loot FEN UL AMPS minning
And ... well TO LOOT ANYTHING FFS EXCEPT SHIT SHRAPNEL !

ON SGA they had VRX BP (L) SGA .... would be nice to add some FEN BP (L) for various items.....
And to loot FEN UL AMPS minning
And ... well TO LOOT ANYTHING FFS EXCEPT SHIT SHRAPNEL !

Go to planet arkadia???? If you don't prefer shrapnel

Yeah, I think some FEN unlim mining amps would be a good idea. :yup:

Yeah, I think some FEN unlim mining amps would be a good idea. :yup:

Normally I agree with your views, but not this time.

Mining used to be the most easily break even/profitable profession in EU unless you wanted to gamble and burned lvl13's like crazy. Personally it was a good incentive to 'change gear' when hunting was bad, and experience a different side of the EU ecosystem. Lately, with the MU on most resources a fraction of it what was due to less demand, the balance of the ecosystem has shifted.

More UL amps mean more supply of the same resources. The best thing you can do if you want to tank MU's is produce more supply while demand remains the same. An extreme example of that can be seen in hunting during events, where the price of usually profitable materials drops to 101% from 110%. Oh, and incidentally same thing has just happened to iron ore.

At least in hunting, you have a chance in looting an expensive UL item (FEN a case in point), while the steady supply of events with good prizes and a lot of strongboxes to be opened/converted to extra ped don't and, due to the nature of the profession, can't have an equivalent in mining.

As I have barely crafted and know very little about the profession besides the fact that i blame EP4's for the immense drop in mining MU, I can't say if any new BP's would help or not. Logically help if they need more mined/looted materials instead of nanocubes?

...Then again, you can in theory loot a UL (non FEN) mining amp from that rare mining strongbox, so what do I know...

As long as EP exists you can forget about decent my for must stuff and high swings in my for some stuff,depending on events(some go up while and event is on then tank by 50-100% when there's no event). You can't have a proper economy with EP bps around and also without a make over of crafting in general...I don't know BP's that actually use all possible materials and are also worth crafting???

A FEN UL sleipnir BP and FEN UL Quad-wing BP would be nice :D

It would be just fine, if it also loot Fen token on mining and crafting, no items need (but would be cool too). Some ppl only do mining, so they are not able to hunt fen or even join a MM event. This dont mean my self, about i have enough skills and gear for doing hunt too. But hey, 15 years of MA and entropia, but not all ppl are inclouded to celebrate it?

This is only my opinion, and no need to be hated again from some one else.

Totally agree, once again MA forgot about miners and crafters.

For mining some real good excavators would be nice. Maybe 1 or 2 UL amps as top prices for 5k+ Plat tokens. And seriously simply let Plat tokens drop from mining with high level amps (L8+ or so) and Gold tokens from mining unamped or the lower amps.

For crafting some FEN L BPs for L stuff would also be nice, and surely 1 or 2 FEN UL BPs as top prices. Or some L BPs for UL stuff. And also here should be Gold tokens in loot from lower level BPs and Plat tokens for lets say L 10 + BPs.

But there is nothing, and that feels so wrong.

FEN but not FUN ?!
Why not global counter for the tokens all tokens all tokens goes in a NPC at the end summon cool powerful boss then Entropians make a stand kill it and get random reward according to their contribution with the tokens that could be L weapon or small chance for UL weapon.With repeat every weekend or month.
The fact that you choose your weapon dont help much cous maybe 90% of the UL weapons were sold after token purchase or even more simple the weapon could be selected for your highest profession level.
Even if your highest profession level is in crafting you get FEN BP if its mining then FEN mining tool.
And how do you reward the ppl that were with MA and played the game for so long simple give them reward on their best profession. And i dont think it need to be uber rifle with 10000000000 DPS with 10000000000000 ECO or UL amp 13. Just have to be FUN!

Even though i would love0 a UL MILF FEN finder, the whole idea behind them was so miner on RT could sell their resources to crafter, to make finders etc. We all know UL stuff and have effect on econmay. To many big UL amps will kill the market. With a big ul amp i could mine high mark up stuff, sell to orders on caly, reapet non stop for a week and it will crash. The econamy is in a fragile state.

Fen addtion of 105 and 106 would be good, some L amps higher than 13, L amps with buffs, L finders with SOOTO buff or Speed buff. There other option to ul amps.

Even though i would love0 a UL MILF FEN finder, the whole idea behind them was so miner on RT could sell their resources to crafter, to make finders etc. We all know UL stuff and have effect on econmay. To many big UL amps will kill the market. With a big ul amp i could mine high mark up stuff, sell to orders on caly, reapet non stop for a week and it will crash. The econamy is in a fragile state.

Fen addtion of 105 and 106 would be good, some L amps higher than 13, L amps with buffs, L finders with SOOTO buff or Speed buff. There other option to ul amps.

This. After the EP, it took three years or so to get back to the point where using L finders makes sense again, and now people want to destroy the balance again just to get few more pec for their platinum tokens. Sad!

One thing that every miner has probably wanted at least once, and what wouldn't do too much harm:

HulkSteam 5 mg - doubles your carry capacity for 15 minutes. :laugh:

One thing that every miner has probably wanted at least once, and what wouldn't do too much harm:

HulkSteam 5 mg - doubles your carry capacity for 15 minutes. :laugh:

Selling HulkSteam 5/10/15 mg @ PM :yay::yay::yay:

GravContainer FEN edition, can hold 50 items at 1000kg, only 10% of containing items weight counts to carried weight.
That would be awesome for miners :)

GravContainer FEN edition, can hold 50 items at 1000kg, only 10% of containing items weight counts to carried weight.
That would be awesome for miners :)

Some times it is just silly seeing how interconnected the Universe is and how easy it is to unbalance. Loved the idea, till I realized it would actually unbalance Space, making the 'Ferrari's' suddenly able to move around a lot more stuff than they currently can, a restriction put in exactly to keep 'balance'.

I know we mostly get annoyed at the stuff MA does, but it is an impossible job. Balance is usually restored in all economic systems after a big crash, or a technological advancement that brings new opportunities while rendering others obsolete (like the internal combustion engine did to the steam ones). But that is something MA simply can not do, hence only trying to tweak around the edges.

Rant over :D

As I have barely crafted and know very little about the profession besides the fact that i blame EP4's for the immense drop in mining MU, I can't say if any new BP's would help or not. Logically help if they need more mined/looted materials instead of nanocubes?

No and no. What you do need is healthy demand. An example of healthy demand, or virtuous circle if you want, is the materials used in enhancers, like pyrite used in damage enhancers which are consumed with a meaning (mostly in events, but out of them too). A very good aspect of this is that crafting enhancers is a tt sink, because the output has guaranteed less tt.

And the base of healthy demand is to have top of the food chain L/consumable, which in itself to have a meaning in usage. Again, enhancers are an excellent example and this is the direction MA should take.

Regarding MUs, depends what period you compare with.

2005: Molisk teeth and foul bones used to be 3-700% and certain woods even 1000%+. That was because gambling was done back then on tailoring and crafting furniture, which itself didn't had any meaning. But we had no L, no SIB, no need for residue etc. Nowadays EP is the biggest provider of residue, how would mining amps and ArMatrix be priced, with residue at, say, 110%?

2006: lots of ores exploded in price with the introduction of amps and some new components. But some amps were 140% or more and they stayed so for years. Mining amp % is the most sensible to economical meaning. As soon as is not rentable, miners will drop them. Currently crafting amps is a loss, the only aim is either gambling either trying to loot high amps clicks, but those in themselves don't have a meaning. There makes limited sense to use lvl13, the actual ingame reason is to hear hof trumpets. Which is stupid, as an economical paradigm.

2008: vechicles were introduced, so belkar and many others exploded in price, but vechicles have this extraordinary fundamental flaw that they're virtually UL. This was a huge mistake. They should have, like enhancers, low tt output and deterioration per usage. Something bearable, but not to keep a quad for years if you're careful with it. I think nobody would seriously mind, if the game would otherwise be ofertant, to change a quad each 3 months.

Much closer to us, ignisium exploded when ArMatrix was introduced. Right now is in a decent point, but ArMatrix itself doesn't have much meaning. Yea you have close to 70 efficiency, but as long as UL is always a better option, will not grow. Give hunters a reason to pay 150-200% on L weapons, a reason which to not be gambling, and then things will be better. But give a reason, don't force.

For nanocubes, what should I say? Crafters are also humans, you know. With IRL bank accounts, with nerves and a desire for fun, satisfaction and meaning. What nanocubes actually do, is that they dilute the input MU such as a turnover of tens of thousands of peds to not be excruciating for the crafter.

What I would like to see, is crafting to be revamped and condition slider to be removed. The only reason for that is gambling and the system must acomodate for that and is bad.

MindArk should aim to make Entropia the first-person competitor of Eve. The problem is that they begun by aiming to be a competitor for pokerstars.

No and no. What you do need is healthy demand. An example of healthy demand, or virtuous circle if you want, is the materials used in enhancers, like pyrite used in damage enhancers which are consumed with a meaning (mostly in events, but out of them too). A very good aspect of this is that crafting enhancers is a tt sink, because the output has guaranteed less tt.

And the base of healthy demand is to have top of the food chain L/consumable, which in itself to have a meaning in usage. Again, enhancers are an excellent example and this is the direction MA should take.

Regarding MUs, depends what period you compare with.

2005: Molisk teeth and foul bones used to be 3-700% and certain woods even 1000%+. That was because gambling was done back then on tailoring and crafting furniture, which itself didn't had any meaning. But we had no L, no SIB, no need for residue etc. Nowadays EP is the biggest provider of residue, how would mining amps and ArMatrix be priced, with residue at, say, 110%?

2006: lots of ores exploded in price with the introduction of amps and some new components. But some amps were 140% or more and they stayed so for years. Mining amp % is the most sensible to economical meaning. As soon as is not rentable, miners will drop them. Currently crafting amps is a loss, the only aim is either gambling either trying to loot high amps clicks, but those in themselves don't have a meaning. There makes limited sense to use lvl13, the actual ingame reason is to hear hof trumpets. Which is stupid, as an economical paradigm.

2008: vechicles were introduced, so belkar and many others exploded in price, but vechicles have this extraordinary fundamental flaw that they're virtually UL. This was a huge mistake. They should have, like enhancers, low tt output and deterioration per usage. Something bearable, but not to keep a quad for years if you're careful with it. I think nobody would seriously mind, if the game would otherwise be ofertant, to change a quad each 3 months.

Much closer to us, ignisium exploded when ArMatrix was introduced. Right now is in a decent point, but ArMatrix itself doesn't have much meaning. Yea you have close to 70 efficiency, but as long as UL is always a better option, will not grow. Give hunters a reason to pay 150-200% on L weapons, a reason which to not be gambling, and then things will be better. But give a reason, don't force.

For nanocubes, what should I say? Crafters are also humans, you know. With IRL bank accounts, with nerves and a desire for fun, satisfaction and meaning. What nanocubes actually do, is that they dilute the input MU such as a turnover of tens of thousands of peds to not be excruciating for the crafter.

What I would like to see, is crafting to be revamped and condition slider to be removed. The only reason for that is gambling and the system must acomodate for that and is bad.

MindArk should aim to make Entropia the first-person competitor of Eve. The problem is that they begun by aiming to be a competitor for pokerstars.

I Like a lot here - not all - but a lot, and I would also like to add: Please MA, don't introduce new blueprints. Use the ones we already have.

Rgds

Ace

Probably a dumb idea, but why not BPs for the tokens, which use common resources? Would give crafters a way to participate and increase the general MU on loot for hunters and miners.

Alternatively, don't even have the tokens drop in loot, make them only craftable. Have the resources drop from instanced mobs *and* make mining instances (with no mobs) which loot special event resources. The tokens are crafted from a combination of these hunting and mining "event loots".

Like EP, make 4-5 different levels of Token BP, which all use the same event-specific resources, just in progressively higher quantities and progressively higher yields. Token BP I would be craftable by anyone. This would basically require all professions to participate in the event, and allow players to choose their level of participation; but also people could still do it solo if they wanted to farm the mats and craft the tokens themselves.

Last edited:
Yeah, something like that. Instances, exclusive content accesible with only some L weapons, which to have functionalities like Ark instances, Cyrene Hub or battle simulator. Relative low cost, partially self-feeding with resources, connection with exterior system. Tokens, pills, new types of ammo, God knows, lots of things possible.

Heh...

Sure a small handfull of UL amps, or some FEN (L) BPs in drops would be nice. But you know...

The other day I got a FEN Gold T-shirt in my hunting loot. It looked like a mechanic used it to clean up after an oil change that went horribly awry and then a hobo garbage-picked it and used it to wipe his ass. Some reason that and FEN tokens can't pop up in SOOTOs? (Hell, I haven't had a SOOTO in years and it was 12 PEC worth of angel scales that I still have. Thanks for nothing)

Some reason there isn't a FEN F-105 (that maybe goes 50m deeper or slightly better decay) that you'll never get because you will never ever get a platinum token drop unless you hire someone to grind your account 24/7 while you relentlessly shovel cash into the furnace? A FEN Earth Excavator ME/01 that let's you pull out 40 PEC of Lyst instead of 38 per pull?

I'm just saying it'd be nice if MA didn't continually disregard big portions of their player base.

I also think my mulleted avatar deserves a Quiet Riot t-shirt for their negligence.

Yeah, something like that. Instances, exclusive content accesible with only some L weapons, which to have functionalities like Ark instances, Cyrene Hub or battle simulator. Relative low cost, partially self-feeding with resources, connection with exterior system. Tokens, pills, new types of ammo, God knows, lots of things possible.

Yeah, hunters aren't getting enough special treatment. That's entirely what this thread is about. They never get special events and items, ever. Year after year of Merry Mining and such and never anything for the poor neglected hunters to do.

Back