FYI: Terminals inside Mayhem only seen upclose

Status

Darkaruki

Stalker
Banned
Formerly "Darkaruki Dorkaruki Kakiro"
This issue has been around for at least a few years, for some reason in all of the Mayhem instances without exception the terminals (Trade/Repair/Revive) and the Teleporters, etc, can't be seen unless you're practically on top of it.

This behavior isn't seen anywhere else in Entropia and although it's not really the end of the world it's really annoying to deal with every single event when people are first getting their bearings of the instances, and I don't see any reason for this bug to persisted through so many events when there's clearly a lot of working being done to improve the quality of events.

Video of issue for clarity:

edit: Source of the issue seems to be with not having "Objects Quality" on "Very High", I'll be closing thread and re-iterating this issue in the form of a suggestion thread.

Last edited:
i dont have this issue

This issue has been around for at least a few years, for some reason in all of the Mayhem instances without exception the terminals (Trade/Repair/Revive) and the Teleporters, etc, can't be seen unless you're practically on top of it.

This behavior isn't seen anywhere else in Entropia and although it's not really the end of the world it's really annoying to deal with every single event when people are first getting their bearings of the instances, and I don't see any reason for this bug to persisted through so many events when there's clearly a lot of working being done to improve the quality of events.

I have seen and still see all the terminals + exit and so on.

Maybe your settings?

i dont have this issue

It's not a major one but I've seen it on every single EU stream doing mayhem instances for every single mayhem for at least the last 6 or 7 mayhems and have experienced it myself as well, and have casually remarked on it or heard others casually remark on it at least a couple dozen times in the last 6 or 7 mayhems.

I've seen this issue in all mayhem instances, and on three entirely different computers including a brand new one with the best consumer end processor and SSD currently on the market and a high end graphics card.

Here is a video of the issue for clarity:

I've honestly seen it be much worse than this in some of the other instances, I think in the summer instance, for example, despite the terminals being right behind where I appeared, I couldn't see them until I was practically on top of them which seemed very off.

Last edited:
Actually, I think I've found the source of this problem, lowering "Objects Quality" below "Very High", which practically everybody does because otherwise there's lots of unnecessary foliage everywhere, was probably at some point changed to have an effect on draw distance for regular non-object models as well and it's just especially noticeable in the Mayhem instances.

Not sure if this is a bug fix or a suggestion anymore, since it might be intentional even though it seems like a mistake given that there is an actual "Draw Distance" graphics option with this description:

VjaU3Aq.png

Last edited:
Status
Back