Suggestion: Make each planet's loot pools UNIQUE... (REMOVE UNIVERSAL CRAP)

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
I've seen it suggested before but cannot find old thread at the moment... Since Mindark has been making some improvements lately (and if Rocktropia forum is to be believed is working on loot distribution algorithms more), seems like a good time to suggest it again...

Make each planet's loot pools for each profession 'UNIQUE'... in other words remove all the universal loot crap for each profession and make that all specific for Calypso only.... Most of the time when folks go to new planets, it it to explore new themes, ideas, etc. It's not to go there to get more crap you can find on Calypso...

So... remove lyst, etc. from mining loots on all planets except Calypso... make those planets loot in mining contain stuff specific for that planet, which you cannot get on other planets...

make blueprints that get looted in crafting on each planet specific to that planet... no one wants to go spend money crafting on non-Calypso planets to just look the same darn universal bps you find on Calypso... it's annoying... it's frustration... it's why most don't ever leave calypso, at least one small portion of the reason, I suspect... (there's other reasons too)...

make loot for hunting similar... unique to each planet... no one wants to go to a new planet to just keep looting junk you can find all over Calypso...

I suspect that doing something like this may possibly help the economy for each planet just a tad... next balance it out a little, and create new blueprints that actually utilize looted stuff from every planet... give folks a reason to actually go exploring the other planets... you seemed to want them to do that more since you dropped the planetary entry fees... oh, a similar move may be to drop or lower the thruster decay a bit?... or at least make Arkadia's moon work like Monrias where you can tp up to the space station or something similar instead of paying a thruster decay to get out?...

Do think about a balance a bit, but make it all unique... even stuff like stackables used to create pet food, welding wire, etc. could each have a local blueprint that uses local resources instead of the shared stuff. Be creative.

No, I'M NOT SAYING LOWER TT VALUES of any loot anywhere... only re-adjust it so universal stuff stays on calypso, and other stuff on other planets... as for the blueprints on non-Calypso planets that require universal stuff to craft, change the blueprints to use planet specific stuff.

This type of change would make it easier for Mindark to adjust the economy and 'balance' things out likely since the algorithm for what's looting where would probably be a lot more clean instead of the messed up way it is now that's putting a certain percentage of this on that planet, that on that planet over there, etc.

Last edited:
Look at Toulan .... Look at NI ......

make loot for hunting similar... unique to each planet... no one wants to go to a new planet to just keep looting junk you can find all over Calypso...

That 'junk' is Mindark's way of subsidizing minor planets to keep them alive.

Where do you think those stacks of diluted mineral extractors come from, given that on Caly you never loot more than 4 at once? In a similar manner, most stuff that has any MU at all is more easily obtained on planets other than Caly. Ask warp service providers which way do the goods flow.

So you're saying MA should stop and let minor planets just die? Well, one of them does deserve to die in a fire but let's not start a flamewar here. :laugh:

I've seen it suggested before but cannot find old thread at the moment... Since Mindark has been making some improvements lately (and if Rocktropia forum is to be believed is working on loot distribution algorithms more), seems like a good time to suggest it again...

Make each planet's loot pools for each profession 'UNIQUE'... in other words remove all the universal loot crap for each profession and make that all specific for Calypso only.... Most of the time when folks go to new planets, it it to explore new themes, ideas, etc. It's not to go there to get more crap you can find on Calypso...

So... remove lyst, etc. from mining loots on all planets except Calypso... make those planets loot in mining contain stuff specific for that planet, which you cannot get on other planets...

make blueprints that get looted in crafting on each planet specific to that planet... no one wants to go spend money crafting on non-Calypso planets to just look the same darn universal bps you find on Calypso... it's annoying... it's frustration... it's why most don't ever leave calypso, at least one small portion of the reason, I suspect... (there's other reasons too)...

I suspect that doing something like this may possibly help the economy for each planet just a tad... next balance it out a little, and create new blueprints that actually utilize looted stuff from every planet... give folks a reason to actually go exploring the other planets... you seemed to want them to do that more since you dropped the planetary entry fees... oh, a similar move may be to drop or lower the thruster decay a bit?... or at least make Arkadia's moon work like Monrias where you can tp up to the space station or something similar instead of paying a thruster decay to get out?...

Do think about a balance a bit, but make it all unique... even stuff like stackables used to create pet food, welding wire, etc. could each have a local blueprint that uses local resources instead of the shared stuff. Be creative.

You know if you acutualy play the game, instead of wasting your time and others coming out with this dripple. Half or RT loot disappeared in loot 2.0 and Hard Rock. It only came back last couple months, Doc has been working hard to get to drop again and then working on loot frequency. As many Rt sprerfic loot dropped in single amounts.

Do have any idea howm much universal mats are used in RT bps? Yes universal stuff is tt, but a lot is also need. Especiasly mining, remove lyst from RT? What about D class amps?

I stay on other planets precisely for that "junk", and return to Caly only to sell it.

It's not improvements, it's just bringing back what gone missing when MA introduced loot 2.0...

what's the point? If they'd do that, they would need to make an equivalent of every universal BP for each planet...
Or do you want to drastically boost caly economy while drastically hurting PP economy?

that would break a lot of PP BPs... or do you want players on PP to always pay PED for auction delivery?

Then stay on caly, but stop making such bad suggestions....

So have MA balance loot on 8 (or is it 9?) planets, moons, asteroids, etc?

That 'junk' is Mindark's way of subsidizing minor planets to keep them alive.

Where do you think those stacks of diluted mineral extractors come from, given that on Caly you never loot more than 4 at once? In a similar manner, most stuff that has any MU at all is more easily obtained on planets other than Caly. Ask warp service providers which way do the goods flow.

So you're saying MA should stop and let minor planets just die? Well, one of them does deserve to die in a fire but let's not start a flamewar here. :laugh:

That is certainly true :wise:

good points... ok, so leave the universal junk in the mining and hunting professions, but get rid of the universal blueprints in the crafting profession. Annoying as hell looting stuff like basic filters 500 million times over on each planet.

Or... if you can't remove them completely, at least lower the amount of times that universal bps get looted vs native planet bps for every non-Calypso planet. As it is I think they loot like 50-70% more of the time than the non-universals?

good points... ok, so leave the universal junk in the mining and hunting professions, but get rid of the universal blueprints in the crafting profession. Annoying as hell looting stuff like basic filters 500 million times over on each planet.

Or... if you can't remove them completely, at least lower the amount of times that universal bps get looted vs native planet bps for every non-Calypso planet. As it is I think they loot like 50-70% more of the time than the non-universals?

You can loot Calypso texture blueprints (including useless L ones) on Arkadia but not on Cyrene (or IIRC Toulan), so certainly this is possible to configure. Not sure if it's in the hands of PP or MA though.

Calypso component blueprints seem to drop everywhere atm.

And basic filters bp shouldn't drop at all anywhere, it's in the technician now (been so for more than a year).

Well PP should have a serious influence of what is droppable at their planets and what not.

It should be the PP who decide that they dont want specific things at their planet, and simply tell it to MA to remove that from their loot table.

Example:
PP X does not want Lyst at his planet simply because non of his planet specific BPs need any Lyst, then simply call MA and say please remove Lyst completely from planet mining loots.

In such cases it should be ok and MA should do so as the PP whish it.

Actually I am not a PP so I cant say how many influence the PP actually have what loot will be generated at their planets.

What I feel is anoying is the comon BP drops, here it should be seriously seperated between planets.

Speak planet specific BPs should only drop from this planets BPs.
Doesn´t make sense to me that you can drop Ark weapon BPs by crafting JesterD1s at Ark :)

Now it is how it is, maybe sometime in future MA decide to change it, but we have this situation that long now, don´t think it will be changed.

Back