FYI: Returns on Beacon Instances broken since Loot 2.0

Hijacker27

Marauder
Society
Crimson Devils
hijacker Hijacker27 inferno
Hey guys, just a FYI since the support department is doing nothing about it. Ever since loot 2.0 came around, beacon instances no longer 'pay out' extra loot like they used to. Back in the day you'd just kill the boss and every 20-100 beacons or so you'd get a huge amount of loot from the boxes to pay back all the losses you made on the other 19-999 beacons.

A great example of that is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXFcG7aszbo

Then the Batsim VU came around, MA changed things a little bit and looks like they shared the codebase for the two. Now when you entered the beacon, you got a message that 'this instance has increased loot, yadda yadda' exactly like it shows when you're going to get a multiplier on Battle Sims. And for a few months, you ACTUALLY got extra loot when you got that message.

THEN Loot 2.0 happened. It has been 18 months since the Loot 2.0 VU. We STILL get that message, but now we get NO extra loot. I've run 150+ beacons and I'm sure at least the same amount have been run by other people. We still get 75-90% tt returns on each beacon that we run but there have been ZERO beacons that have paid anything back extra.

Beacons also don't follow new loot rules, as when you run them in team loot is split by damage done and not by costs incurred like loot 2.1 or whatever is supposed to do, so they're probably not counting armour decay, fap decay, missed shots or whatever.

Also while they're looking into this, the maturity setting for troopers on 42 PED beacons has been wrong for half a decade lol, they're supposed to be Akbal Trooper Gen 7.. not Akbal Trooper Prototypes.

Its a joke up to have this low tt return on beacons but when u took 10-15k on spiders twice has to be due to your loss from them, so take it as "investment" :laugh: tt loss generator

"Hey guys this thing is broken and gives bad loot. I keep running them to make sure."

"Hey guys this thing is broken and gives bad loot. I keep running them to make sure."

I run a few every major VU to see if MA fixed them. Of course they haven't, why would they?

We did a few beacons last month and loot was pretty good because the beacons lootboxes had plenty of loot. We had a Nice profit.

I appreciate you still trying them and recording results, and hate to hear the experience is that poor.
My initial reaction though is - I get 75-90% return in everything I do, so what's the big deal?
I would say it would be best to stop doing them then if they aren't applying the same loot rules. It seems like something MA would do - overlook a section. Batsim was a total pile of crap IMO- I thought it was fun, but the chance to win and prizes were a joke.
Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

I appreciate you still trying them and recording results, and hate to hear the experience is that poor.
My initial reaction though is - I get 75-90% return in everything I do, so what's the big deal?
I would say it would be best to stop doing them then if they aren't applying the same loot rules. It seems like something MA would do - overlook a section. Batsim was a total pile of crap IMO- I thought it was fun, but the chance to win and prizes were a joke.
Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Because, previously to loot 2.0 the message has indicated that you will receive a multiplier on your run. This is still true for battle simulator but has been broken for Beacon's. It is currently, 100% impossible to break even or profit TT on a beacon run. This is not the same for instances like Battle Sim.

We did a few beacons last month and loot was pretty good because the beacons lootboxes had plenty of loot. We had a Nice profit.

What sizes did you run? On the smaller 23 PED beacons 80% tt return is only a 20 PED loss, easily offsettable by a strongbox or two. On a 42 though, you're losing on average 600 PED PER beacon, which is not possible to make up in markup, and you should NOT have to rely on other players to subsidize such a shit return from Mindark.

What sizes did you run? On the smaller 23 PED beacons 80% tt return is only a 20 PED loss, easily offsettable by a strongbox or two. On a 42 though, you're losing on average 600 PED PER beacon, which is not possible to make up in markup, and you should NOT have to rely on other players to subsidize such a shit return from Mindark.

I remember they were pretty easy. So probably smaller ones. I didnt hold the beacons, they were from a society mate. 3 were smaller and then we did 2 bigger ones.

Back