Anyone with 5+ hours without even a single 250 point ???

Divinity

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Divinity Deth Undefined
Mayhem( Anhilation Mode) : This is to ask if anyone else has experienced this? I would love to know who else is running max dps and buffs for their respective categories and is unlucky enough to have similar results.

same. i got my first and only 1k pointer after 13 hours. but ive had runs in last mayhems without a single 250 pointer and above (except the bosses ofc)

same.... no bonus...
on haloween no bonus except the boss...

same. i got my first and only 1k pointer after 13 hours. but ive had runs in last mayhems without a single 250 pointer and above (except the bosses ofc)

Misery loves company so am just trying to see who else is in the same boat :laugh:

Thanks for sharing and its weird some get 2 5k's in first two hours and then some who don't even get 250 points. How is this anything but another roulette machine and why the **** should anyone invest 150k+ in gear for this ******* piece of BS of an event.

Misery loves company so am just trying to see who else is in the same boat :laugh:

Thanks for sharing and its weird some get 2 5k's in first two hours and then some who don't even get 250 points. How is this anything but another roulette machine and why the **** should anyone invest 150k+ in gear for this ******* piece of BS of an event.

Hey I can buy you a beer aswell for company!
I was thinking if the assault was actually better investing time in.

Feels as if the "rng points at the end e.t.c" is just another way of when you looted halloween pumpking for points.

Hey I can buy you a beer aswell for company!
I was thinking if the assault was actually better investing time in.

Feels as if the "rng points at the end e.t.c" is just another way of when you looted halloween pumpking for points.

:beerchug: to that :D

Cat. 3 here. No 250+ after 5h with decent setup.

It's normal, bonus points don't drop often. Just read the threads on forum here from summer mayhem and halloween. I talked to a guy who ran Halloween Cat.5 five times, balls to the walls setup, no 5k and hardly any 1k'ers. Now that you know, you can adjust your strategy accordingly.

With good/great gear you have a bigger chance of hitting a 5k'er than someone with average gear. If you do, you will also have enough DPS to harvest a lot more points in those 15 hours. 200 kills/hour vs 3-400 kills/hour means a difference of a few thousand points, which means you will end up higher on the prize list.

The 5k points are here to ensure people who DO NOT have 100k+ gear setup will bother to participate, so not sure why people are whining. Bigger participation means bigger loot pool, a loot pool which the IMK2 folks will eventually get more in return from with their 90 %+ efficiency. Also, expensive gear can be used all year around, not just for events.

I do agree on one point - there should be a cap of a single 5k pointer during one 15h run. That'd even the playing field.

Cat. 3 here. No 250+ after 5h with decent setup.

Wall of text

Well the guy who got the 5k'rs ( 2 in 2 hours) did so with an imk2 in cat 10. Also with no 250 pointers even the best of gear in the category ( which currently i am using) will not fetch me top 10 ranking by any measure. This is totally unfair and downright idiotic and I am sharing my opinion which last time i checked is what the forum is for.

Well the guy who got the 5k'rs ( 2 in 2 hours) did so with an imk2 in cat 10. Also with no 250 pointers even the best of gear in the category ( which currently i am using) will not fetch me top 10 ranking by any measure. This is totally unfair and downright idiotic and I am sharing my opinion which last time i checked is what the forum is for.

I do agree that 5k'ers have a too big impact on events, especially because they drop so rarely. Adjusting to 3-4k and maximum one such bonus per 15h runthrough would be better. I also think they should drop a bit more often - and a good way to do this would be to scale the probability of a big point drop with accumulated mobs killed. That'd make events more worthwhile for those who runs e.g. IMK2 T10 max buffed.

I do disagree that it's a BS event. If someone invests 150k purely for participation in events - not saying that is you - and then come complaining they couldn't buy their way to the top, they haven't done enough research how the event works. Event rules shouldn't be formed around a few top players with large wallets.

Mayhem( Anhilation Mode) : This is to ask if anyone else has experienced this? I would love to know who else is running max dps and buffs for their respective categories and is unlucky enough to have similar results.

I ran FFA for about 16 hours and biggest I received was 100. Then I quit because I was losing too much money.

I would add that I probably wasn't max DPS/buffs for my category though.

5 hours left and not a single star over 250points.

It's a whole shame, tiered up and high on amphetamines all the time. Not only not a single big point kill but also not a single decent loot.

Once more the Mayem is a hold up ! No matter how much you deposit. Some avatars are benefiting from MA favors. Plain and sad.

I do agree that 5k'ers have a too big impact on events, especially because they drop so rarely. Adjusting to 3-4k and maximum one such bonus per 15h runthrough would be better. I also think they should drop a bit more often - and a good way to do this would be to scale the probability of a big point drop with accumulated mobs killed. That'd make events more worthwhile for those who runs e.g. IMK2 T10 max buffed.

I do disagree that it's a BS event. If someone invests 150k purely for participation in events - not saying that is you - and then come complaining they couldn't buy their way to the top, they haven't done enough research how the event works. Event rules shouldn't be formed around a few top players with large wallets.

BS or not is a matter of perspective and to each their own. However, what the current event is is based purely on luck and the only such event that happens in real life is gambling. I personally agree with your suggestions but that is not how it is currently working.

A probabilistic distribution based on number of kills would be undoubtedly a better system. All I am saying is that luck solely should not define the result of the event.

I ran FFA for about 16 hours and biggest I received was 100. Then I quit because I was losing too much money.

I would add that I probably wasn't max DPS/buffs for my category though.

FFA? I am not sure we are talking about the same thing here? Or do u mean stars? :scratch2:

Yes others have experienced this...

Run #1 - CDF1k
1st 9 hours I had no points over 100 other than the hispidus. Ended with a shitty score of like 15xxx.

Run #2 - BL1800...
I had 1x1k in the first 2 hours and a 250. The next 6 hours without a single bonus point (other than hispidus).

Run #3 - BC-120
Tbd

Starting to wonder how it is possible that I could do 5 runs Halloween and so far 2 runs Christmas and still have not a single 5k when all others with similar dps seem to be getting at least 1 after 1-2 runs.

6 hours into my second try and no points above the 250 for the hisp. was same for me at halloween. I'm not baxed dps but not far off and full pills

6 hours into my second try and no points above the 250 for the hisp. was same for me at halloween. I'm not baxed dps but not far off and full pills

Seems like a pattern here. Those who don't get, never do. Randomness sure seems *Not Random*

...the current event is is based purely on luck...

Exactly what I told You a few days ago and You disagreed :D

With the current system, you have to get boss in every 30 mins and spam this tiny ass 15h event like a monkey until you get one or few 5k pointers. You can do so with 50% dps compared to max dps.

For example in 15h event:
230dps in cat6 can get 11750 (~4,5k raw + 7,25k from bosses) points without ANY rares
115dps in cat6 can get 9500 (~2.25k raw + 7,25k from bosses) points without ANY rares
difference is only 2250 points that can be (and will) easily compensated with some luck. Now compare the effort that 230dps has put in vs 115dps... seems not fair to me...

Some might say that "hey, but 2x bigger dps have bigger change to get rare points", well... maybe not if you can't get any rare points 20h straight with almost max dps in your category (been there)

IMO boss should require at least 200 kills (this is nonsense that i can spawn boss in 30mins at cat10 with my cat6 gun) OR/AND 5k pointers has to be removed OR/AND rare point distribution has to be fixed... currently it doesn't make any sense :scratch2:

placing isn't worth it anyway (unless in top 3). I placed 9th in easter and what can I do with the 600 m tokens? absolutely nothing. oh by now I can maybe afford 1 item that is worth 100 ped or so with my 1000 tokens :laugh:

mayhems are boring and really costly shite, simple as that. only thing motivating me is the 10 mission completions from the daily, but when I got those obv I'm never gonna touch that particular mayhem again (made it at summer, didn't at halloween).

placing isn't worth it anyway (unless in top 3). I placed 9th in easter and what can I do with the 600 m tokens? absolutely nothing. oh by now I can maybe afford 1 item that is worth 100 ped or so with my 1000 tokens :laugh:

mayhems are boring and really costly shite, simple as that. only thing motivating me is the 10 mission completions from the daily, but when I got those obv I'm never gonna touch that particular mayhem again (made it at summer, didn't at halloween).

At least in Halloween we had the repeatable missions which gave us some useful skills. Xmas Mayhem this year is particularly low value because there are so many other non-annihilation mobs dropping extremely high MU FEN stuff.

Side note: I am slowly but surely starting to agree with OP that the event IS a bit BS with so few 5k drops, and too randomly (and 5k = too big a bonus obviously when a Top tiered, max buffed gun can't compete with a 100 kill per 30 min setup with just one 5k drop ).

Exactly what I told You a few days ago and You disagreed :D

I don't remember disagreeing but experience makes one wiser i guess :)

I chipped out over 5k+ peds tt of skills to be in cat 7 because that is what my gear best suited for. Lost a bunch of peds chipping skills out too. This is however my fault of course and lesson learnt :)

Side note: I am slowly but surely starting to agree with OP that the event IS a bit BS with so few 5k drops, and too randomly (and 5k = too big a bonus obviously when a Top tiered, max buffed gun can't compete with a 100 kill per 30 min setup with just one 5k drop ).

We both agree with each other's point of view. That's what i call a perfect agreement :)

I chipped out over 5k+ peds tt of skills to be in cat 7 because that is what my gear best suited for. Lost a bunch of peds chipping skills out too. This is however my fault of course and lesson learnt :)

Release the Kraken

The advantage of being in a lower cat level is that you can sit back and use that luck factor to your advantage. A L7 cat player can look at the above cat scores and choose which to attack while a L10 cat player is stuck in one. Since it's all about luck go for it.. a simple predator or vengeance could take down cat 10. Certainly cat 9.

Currently cat 9 has one score, jump in and use that luck.

I'm in cat 7 and will pick and choose the lowest current winning score from 7-10 to enter because of the luck factor, that's why chipping down was perhaps a wise choice.

Yes others have experienced this...

Run #1 - CDF1k
1st 9 hours I had no points over 100 other than the hispidus. Ended with a shitty score of like 15xxx.

Run #2 - BL1800...
I had 1x1k in the first 2 hours and a 250. The next 6 hours without a single bonus point (other than hispidus).

Run #3 - BC-120
Tbd

Starting to wonder how it is possible that I could do 5 runs Halloween and so far 2 runs Christmas and still have not a single 5k when all others with similar dps seem to be getting at least 1 after 1-2 runs.

3 2/3 Christmas Mayhem runs so far no 5k.

Believe in lootius, and they will come for you :D

Two hours left and still at 5k points. That's more than bad.

lol after serval hours i had just 1 lousy 100pts as top ... but hey thats events and sometimes u loss and sometimes u win ... probaly :lolup:

I've gotten 2 250s in cat 7.
I also quit because the return was insulting.
1 global in the 5+ hours, lots of boxes, but boxes don't pay the bills.
I found it so disappointing how bad loot was.

I've gotten 2 250s in cat 7.
I also quit because the return was insulting.
1 global in the 5+ hours, lots of boxes, but boxes don't pay the bills.
I found it so disappointing how bad loot was.

You're right. Let's not even get started on the loot topic.
Loss was about 10$ an hour ? More ? Don't want to count.

no 1k or 5k in Halloween, and im about to start my 3rd run on Christmas and have yet to hit a 1k or 5k. it has a lot to do with luck. I do have 3 250's so far though in Halloween and Christmas combined.

tier 10 gun is no longer must have to win a cat I think, simply hoping for a 5k is where its at. 15hrs is not much, a 5k represents around 20-25% of ppls scores.

just gotta get lucky. GL to everyone :)

Back