Need help new laptop problem

Admiral

Alpha
JimJimtrader
So i order new laptop Acer Nitro 5(ryzen 5 and rtx560x graffic card) and i got problem , it have Linux system on it and i cant change on boot menu to usb , no way for me to install windows 10 from usb. Does anyone know commands how can i delate Linux or any other way to delate linux and install windows 10

I would first try to access the BIOS and see if you can change the Boot order. I believe Acer laptops use the F2 key to enter BIOS during power on.

hi already done that cant change is just uefi and boot device is hard drive,cant change to usb

I am trying to make win 10 64 bit. and i cant change in bios boot device there is no option just it harddrive. ,forgot to say that even linux dont load. It just start and after 20 sec got like only black screen and console where you can type , so i need some experct that can tell me how i can format whole linux, must be some comands that can delate all partition.Cant do anything until linux is removed. Will give 50 ped who help me fix this

I am trying to make win 10 64 bit. and i cant change in bios boot device there is no option just it harddrive. ,forgot to say that even linux dont load. It just start and after 20 sec got like only black screen and console where you can type , so i need some experct that can tell me how i can format whole linux, must be some comands that can delate all partition.Cant do anything until linux is removed. Will give 50 ped who help me fix this

This kind of thing will be tough for anybody to help you with in a forum thread. My suggestion is to get local help.

I would assume by "black screen where you can type" you mean the console? Can you actually login to the shell, or is there an error on startup? Is it taking you into e.g. the grub prompt or is it not booting all the way and bombing into single-user mode or what? We don't even know where you are able to get to.

'fdisk' is the most popular tool in linux to manipulate the partition table, but you haven't even told us what distro you are running or anything, so nobody can even say for certain that will be installed. If you just want to know the steps, you will basically just run fdisk against whatever the name of your disk is - which will also vary based on type of disk and distro. It would normally look something like 'fdisk /dev/sda'. After which you use simple commands like 'p' to print the partition table and 'd' to delete partitions.

Another option is to use 'dd' to just write zeros to every sector.

Another option is to just remove the boot loader so it no longer boots.. this could be grub, it could be lilo, or any number of things, but again you haven't told us.

Not trying to be unhelpful or rude, but there's just way too little info here. It's the equivalent of me just making a forum post saying "guys my car is making a weird noise can someone help me fix it?"

This kind of thing will be tough for anybody to help you with in a forum thread. My suggestion is to get local help.

I would assume by "black screen where you can type" you mean the console? Can you actually login to the shell, or is there an error on startup? Is it taking you into e.g. the grub prompt or is it not booting all the way and bombing into single-user mode or what? We don't even know where you are able to get to.

'fdisk' is the most popular tool in linux to manipulate the partition table, but you haven't even told us what distro you are running or anything, so nobody can even say for certain that will be installed. If you just want to know the steps, you will basically just run fdisk against whatever the name of your disk is - which will also vary based on type of disk and distro. It would normally look something like 'fdisk /dev/sda'. After which you use simple commands like 'p' to print the partition table and 'd' to delete partitions.

Another option is to use 'dd' to just write zeros to every sector.

Another option is to just remove the boot loader so it no longer boots.. this could be grub, it could be lilo, or any number of things, but again you haven't told us.

Not trying to be unhelpful or rude, but there's just way too little info here. It's the equivalent of me just making a forum post saying "guys my car is making a weird noise can someone help me fix it?"

Hi will post you few picture soon so you can see

IMG-20181220-170540.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
https://ibb.co/WxgwRRc

https://ibb.co/Rhng1Fq

IMG-20181220-170954.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
Ok well good news that you can login as root and fdisk is installed.

You can get a list of installed disks and partitions with 'lsblk'. If that's not installed then you will either check 'dmesg' with judicious use of grep to find the disk assignments or if it uses udev there will be symlinks under /dev/disk, or you can just try them and use process of elimination, most likely you want /dev/sda.

Once in fdisk just use 'p' to print a list of partitions and the 'd' command to delete each one. Then 'w' to write your changes.

TBH though I think you are still going to have a problem because your BIOS doesn't seem to recognize your USB drive as a bootable device. Nuking the linux partitions will get the system in a non-bootable state but that's about it. Normally if your USB drive is connected and bootable it will show in BIOS in the list of boot devices. If it were me I would be tackling that problem rather than trying to nuke the partition table. Windows can overwrite it anyway.

Ok well good news that you can login as root and fdisk is installed.

You can get a list of installed disks and partitions with 'lsblk'. If that's not installed then you will either check 'dmesg' with judicious use of grep to find the disk assignments or if it uses udev there will be symlinks under /dev/disk, or you can just try them and use process of elimination, most likely you want /dev/sda.

Once in fdisk just use 'p' to print a list of partitions and the 'd' command to delete each one. Then 'w' to write your changes.

TBH though I think you are still going to have a problem because your BIOS doesn't seem to recognize your USB drive as a bootable device. Nuking the linux partitions will get the system in a non-bootable state but that's about it. Normally if your USB drive is connected and bootable it will show in BIOS in the list of boot devices. If it were me I would be tackling that problem rather than trying to nuke the partition table. Windows can overwrite it anyway.

I dont get it it new laptop 2018 model entry lvl gaming and cant change bios to usb boot , so what you recommend me can i try maybe download new bios on website and install it

I dont get it it new laptop 2018 model entry lvl gaming and cant change to bios , so what you recommend me can i try maybe download new bios on website and install it

Not sure why a "brand new" gaming laptop would have linux installed on it (and a shit distro at that). Something doesn't add up.

If there's any BIOS updates available (not likely on a brand new model), you can try them, but I have my doubts it would change anything, unless you see something in their support forums or release notes that there's a bug in the BIOS that causes bootable USB sticks to not be recognized.

More likely there's something wrong with your USB stick. Maybe it's formatted improperly, wrong sector size, isn't actually bootable, or any number of other things.

Not sure why a "brand new" gaming laptop would have linux installed on it (and a shit distro at that). Something doesn't add up.

If there's any BIOS updates available (not likely on a brand new model), you can try them, but I have my doubts it would change anything, unless you see something in their support forums or release notes that there's a bug in the BIOS that causes bootable USB sticks to not be recognized.

More likely there's something wrong with your USB stick. Maybe it's formatted improperly, wrong sector size, isn't actually bootable, or any number of other things.

I will try to make again bootble usb and will test on my pc to see will it work, ty for help so far will post more info when i try this

i dont think its t he stick. USB usually shows in the boot order in bios no matter if / what is sticked into it. im quite sure its a setting under advanced that has to be changed.

i dont think its t he stick. USB usually shows in the boot order in bios no matter if / what is sticked into it. im quite sure its a setting under advanced that has to be changed.

Usb stick is working , so dont know what to do now how to delate shiity linux
Laptop model name Nitro AN515-42

from some post in acer forum
"you don't need to change the boot order on BIOS, just to use F12 boot menu key.

by the way, the windows 10 bootable USB flash drive, must be GPT partition scheme and FAT32 formatted (OS must be x64 version-64 bit)."

"you don't need to change the boot order on BIOS, just to use F12 boot menu key.

by the way, the windows 10 bootable USB flash drive, must be GPT partition scheme and FAT32 formatted (OS must be x64 version-64 bit)."

Ok making gpt partition scheme now and will try it

Usually yes, but I've seen some BIOS that will only show detected bootable devices in the boot priority list. No idea about Acer though.

i posted the f12 thing earlier. think it was the first thing i said. no idea if he tested it yet tho

Try a different USB stick, from another brand. I have a USB that cannot be used to boot no matter what you do but in-OS storage works perfect.

Other than that I would disable secure boot and flash the usb drive using rufus (rufus.ie).

good luck

woho ty it working when i set GPT partition scheme i will try install windows 10 now hope it gone work
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: , Ty evryone for help you get Halloween strongbox from me when i get ingame

the problem is more about UEFI bios needing GPT partition scheme and not showing anything for MBR

Whenever I faced that problem at that time it would b solve after updating system laptop OS system. But after updating laptop was not turn on . Then I contact laptop repair service center and got some essential tips about hardware and software .Because any times technical issue would be occur with laptops or desktop.

Back