OWN A PIECE OF ENTROPIA UNIVERSE HISTORY AND EARN REAL MONEY WITH CRYSTAL PALACE DEED SALE - Gamasutra

The caves are untaxed, then how does Buzz make money from them? Gets a cut of the MA cut? Must be, they wouldn't just attach the caves to CP without Buzz getting anything, right?

The linked article also says "The 500,000 available shares equal 100% of the Crystal Palace land area". One would think 100% of CP would include the caves.

And then it goes on to talk only about the 4 domes... maybe whoever wrote that isn't very familiar with CP?

Could use some clarification here.

I don't think Buzz ever got anything from the caves other than revenue generated by people who hunted Aurli exclusively to get access to the caves.

The caves are untaxed, then how does Buzz make money from them? Gets a cut of the MA cut? Must be, they wouldn't just attach the caves to CP without Buzz getting anything, right?

The linked article also says "The 500,000 available shares equal 100% of the Crystal Palace land area". One would think 100% of CP would include the caves.

And then it goes on to talk only about the 4 domes... maybe whoever wrote that isn't very familiar with CP?

Buzz does not make money from the caves and no deal with MA for it either as far as i know. Access to cave acts as a motivation for people to do the aurli ( at least for me that is why i did it once the cave came around). The article is absolutely correct as it says the whole of CP is part of the deal but only 4 domes contribute to the tax received.

So CP had ~ 17% roi last year but does that 17% correlate with the announced estimated value of 500k usd or to the 330k usd that was paid once to obtain CP ?

The caves was always tax free and i doubt they will ever be taxed

Those kind of investments are a double edged sword for mindark! You can raise a lot of money with it but a part of all the roi will not be used ingame or re invested but withdrawed. Since we have way more peds in game than usd on mindarks bank account this will ultimatly lead into a situation were at one point, if this kind of deed sale continue, will break the buissnes modell and withdrawels will get refused or prolonged. If that happen not mindark will suffer, but all who weren't able to convert their peds into usd anymore. Maybe CP is an exeption since the current owner maybe withdrawed most of the money anyways but i see a clear trend to create large areas and sell them into tiny pices.

This will create a outflow of money for one time profits. This is not a substantial way to do long term buissnes. Mindark should focus more on making people deposit money and use up their peds for ingame activities and not add strain to their budget by increasing the amount of withdrawn usd because the current system dosnt discriminate if a ped that got charged the last 3 months is spend or a ped thats ingame for 15 years got spend.

Writing this i assume the deeds are available over webshop only

Last edited:
So CP had ~ 17% roi last year but does that 17% correlate with the announced estimated value of 500k usd or to the 330k usd that was paid once to obtain CP ?

The caves was always tax free and i doubt they will ever be taxed

Those kind of investments are a double edged sword for mindark! You can raise a lot of money with it but a part of all the roi will not be used ingame or re invested but withdrawed. Since we have way more peds in game than usd on mindarks bank account this will ultimatly lead into a situation were at one point, if this kind of deed sale continue, will break the buissnes modell and withdrawels will get refused or prolonged. If that happen not mindark will suffer, but all who weren't able to convert their peds into usd anymore. Maybe CP is an exeption since the current owner maybe withdrawed most of the money anyways but i see a clear trend to create large areas and sell them into tiny pices.

This will create a outflow of money for one time profits. Mindark should focus more on making people deposit money and use up their peds for ingame activities and not add strain to their budget by increasing the amount of withdrawn usd because the current system dosnt discriminate if a ped that got charged the last 3 months is spend or a ped thats ingame for 15 years got spend.

1. "Over this past year alone, the Crystal Palace earned an approximate return on investment of 17% for its current owner." This does not need any clarification as ROI is calculated over what the investment was bought at, not what it will be sold at. That ROI will be calculated once sale is over and will be ROI for the new owner.

2. To summarize in a few words " Concentrate on active gamers rather then passive investors" and i totally agree with you.

Well the domes are a taxed LA but when you go to caves you get a messege saying your leaving the land area so I assume caves arent included but clarification before asking for investment would be best i suppose. Also what does it mean for tax, will it stay at the already high 4.5% or be upped to 5% like other taxed deed areas (which would be awful obv)

Buzz does not make money from the caves and no deal with MA for it either as far as i know. Access to cave acts as a motivation for people to do the aurli ( at least for me that is why i did it once the cave came around). The article is absolutely correct as it says the whole of CP is part of the deal but only 4 domes contribute to the tax received.

Huh, strange, ok.

nice try but no thanks i better buy a bag of shit than puting one $ into stuff that have to do with mindark

I wonder..... even if there is a well-detailed projected financial statements with a list of good quantitative & good qualitative explanation, even if PW audited them, who will dare to invest at this time ?

Someone quoted this, MA just created a sandbox, it's up to the players to think how to play on them. I wonder...

I wonder..... even if there is a well-detailed projected financial statements with a list of good quantitative & good qualitative explanation, even if PW audited them, who will dare to invest at this time ?

Me, for example. CP I will buy as much as I can. This is minor by any measure, I am not rich, but this, yes, deffinitely yes. With some clarifications pending.

Me, for example. CP I will buy as much as I can. This is minor by any measure, I am not rich, but this, yes, deffinitely yes. With some clarifications pending.

I agree. These will be, imo, the best sold (fastest) land deeds to date. Everyone will want a piece of the famous CP! :D

in my opinion CP is the worst possible initials for a game that likes to avoid implications and illegal money laundering. maybe, call it cheese pizza? like what in the flying fook?

The thing they did with CompetDeed I am not going to buy a single Crystal Palace Deed. Equity markets of high growth countries like India gives more ROI and there is Peer-to-Peer lending where one can get 14% to 24% ROI with low default rates.

The thing they did with CompetDeed I am not going to buy a single Crystal Palace Deed. Equity markets of high growth countries like India gives more ROI and there is Peer-to-Peer lending where one can get 14% to 24% ROI with low default rates.
....... U planning to buy so many?

Yea i think cp wont even last a week b4 it get sold out

Well, I have to praise you for having guts and love for MA / EU.
Without faithful investors like you, MA / EU could not even survive and reach this far till today.

However, it's sad in my opinion, you will definitely being used by them (you know who they are...) as a tool to multiple their $$$ to continuing build up their reputation to success but.....

For example, woooo another group of visionary players had successfully joint-purchased the virtual Moon for $888,888 from MA. Really a great news to read ya :)

Hope I will be able to get some too ! Don't let one player buy them all !

Its still not clear about the present ROI of Crystal Palace. If the 17% ROI stated in this Press Release based on the $330k that Buzz Eric Lightyear paid for the CP or the 17% ROI is based on the $500k price that is being total value of CP deeds that will be sold.
I think the 17% ROI is based on $330k price that Buzz Eric Lightyear paid for the Crystal Palace and final ROI for deeds will come in range of 7.5% to 9% and will fall to 4%-5% within 2 years on the basis of initial selling price as its happened with Calypso Land Deeds.

big joke, a personal investment that miraculously transforms into a shared act.
of course the original purchase price is swept away by a price that comes out of nowhere. Why not retrieve all Lands from people who want to recover their investments.:rolleyes:
if some landers would like to submit a support see if MA also agrees to do the same for their lands, each land is a part of calypso too :rolleyes:

of course the original purchase price is swept away by a price that comes out of nowhere. Why not retrieve all Lands from people who want to recover their investments.:rolleyes:
if some landers would like to submit a support see if MA also agrees to do the same for their lands, each land is a part of calypso too :rolleyes:

Selling> Tin Foil Hats @ PA Boxes

a land its very easy to sell..... unless u overvalue it, and everyone does overvalue it because nobody wants to really sell money machines.
with clds u have to face mindark decisions, u actually depend on them, if they want hunter crafter and miner get good loot on calypso, u get less roi on clds, with a land that 100% depends on you and on the effort u want to put on it.We had chance to see this when we had that marry mayhem of ammos, that got exploited aswell, but mostly made the whole hunter community happy for a while at the expenses of the cld owners.

This said, Crystal Palace cant be compared to a land, we are talking about 5million ped of evaluation (500k usd) wich are not easy money at all, and when the owner took back wat he paid from taxes mindark decided to make profit over it. Equal the owners gets double of what they invested but mindark is helping itself more than its helping him. At least 200k of usd are goin in mindark pockets, as well as if they finance it thru webshop they financing the 100% of it whitin a week with external assets, and even if there will be a little speculation at first because after 1 week those deeds will run for at minimun double of theyre initial value the most of theyre income production will be used on game activities instead of getting withdrawn. So this deal for mindark is a triple win.

Lets not forget that Crystal Palace is also a step that every competitive player have to face, as long as is the only way to upgrade the plates 5b from normal to modified, and as arkadia underground showed us its a winning idea as long as it will give regular income. This assuming that they include the caves in the deal wich looks is wat is really goin to happen.

Regarding myself, im already preparing my 1k dollars to get my 1kdeeds in the exact moment they are on webshop, hoping i make it in time to make the payment
i will also give 1 free deed to the first guy who pm me in forum telling me deeds are out if i make it in time to get em b4 they run out.

Last edited:
Good to know that CP will be sold among players although there are some questions we should ask as a community and potential buyers.

Buzz paid 330k USD for CP and in his statement he claims that due to family things/lack of time he was ready to sell it for price lower than this amount

They gave offers which were way too low as I didn't want to go below the original purchase price, but as we talked more I ended up going much lower on the price that I'd ever considered. The deal was to include all of CP and some related crafting blueprints.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?307776-Crystal-Palace-2018

If he agreed for sum lower than 330k, why would he like to issue deeds worth 500k USD? It will impact ROI of the deeds in negative way. Why price of CP suddenly is 170k USD higher?

Why price of CP suddenly is 170k USD higher?

Because MA have got involved, they want paying for the work they're doing. They need to organize it all, add the required code, audit it etc.

Because MA have got involved, they want paying for the work they're doing. They need to organize it all, add the required code, audit it etc.

Are you being serious now? What code? The code and the solution already exist (CLD, AUD, Moon deeds). CP Deeds implementing will be a piece of cake for them. Why suddenly they increased the value of CP by 170k USD? (And what is more important - automatically decreased ROI for future owners.)

Maybe MA just don't want Buzz to sell CP behind their back and they want to make some easy money here?

Buzz Claimed that CP brings about 17% ROI so judging by the amount $$$ invested, CP was paying him about 56k USD/year.

If there will be 500,000 deeds issued, 1 deed will generate 0,112 USD/year

If we would keep 330,000 deeds, 1 deed wiil generate 0,17 USD/year. (potentially, there would be 51% higher net income). But of course MA must get paid 170,000 USD dollars for job that in general has been already done before.

Why not 1M deeds then? Or 5M deeds? Hell, let's go for more and issue 25M deeds 1USD each for CP, why not? How can you say that cost of implementing CP Deeds will be 170k USD?

Last edited:
Are you being serious now? What code? The code and the solution already exist (CLD, AUD, Moon deeds). CP Deeds implementing will be a piece of cake for them. Why suddenly they increased the value of CP by 170k USD? (And what is more important - automatically decreased ROI for future owners.)

Maybe MA just don't want Buzz to sell CP behind their back and they want to make some easy money here?

if in ur land u want a teleport or a terminal u gotta pay for it, so its totally normal that mindark wants to make those 200k out of it
i mean to mindark putting a teleport in ur land is just a click, but still you have to pay for it. You are free to withdraw all ur money but you gotta pay any development cost, wich is fair.

but u dont get well the point of wats it goin on here. Mindark bought the asteroid from buzz and they are reselling. Buzz is not issuing any deed or have anything to do with that. He is selling the shops on the asteroid that belongs to him at a very reasonable price counting that those deeds will move billions around that area.

Last edited:
Says at the bottom - 17% ROI this year alone
Thats 1.7 ped per year oor .004 per day per deed

I feel like the "17% RoI" is somewhat juiced up imho...

The last few months, after Buzz' first intented sale, and before the current upcoming share sale system, CP started giving better loot, and even an imp fap looted, which hugely increased turnover there.

To equal out the loot spike, I would be more interested in the monthly median ROI for the last 24 months, rather then the average (mean) ROI

if in ur land u want a teleport or a terminal u gotta pay for it, so its totally normal that mindark wants to make those 200k out of it
i mean to mindark putting a teleport in ur land is just a click, but still you have to pay for it. You are free to withdraw all ur money but you gotta pay any development cost, wich is fair.

but u dont get well the point of wats it goin on here. Mindark bought the asteroid from buzz and they are reselling. Buzz is not issuing any deed or have anything to do with that. He is selling the shops on the asteroid that belongs to him at a very reasonable price counting that those deeds will move billions around that area.

This 'fair' development expense will cost future CP deeds owners 50% of their potential income. I cannot imagine why adding some lines of codes should cost community almost 200k USD of their deed income.

I know that Buzz cannot issue any deed. The structure belongs 100% to MindArk, he cannot interfere into the game directly.

This will be a gold rush for MA, they will buy CP from Buzz for approx 300k or less (he must sell to because MA will block any deal between him and potential buyer - they will not add any terminal as Buzz requested saying that it could breach anti money laundering laws) and they will resell for much more taking a lot of future profit from EU community.

This simply does not feel fair at all. "Development costs" do not explain additional ~200,000 USD cost for us.

how to make a loan by organizing these own monthly payments :laugh: , it will be the 3rd in so little time. What magical project will you still have in 2019 that will engulf this new loan.:rolleyes:

Another point of view here, 500,000 deeds will make you wait 1/0,112 = 8,93 years to break even.
330,000 deeds is 1/0,17 is ~5,89 years. This way MA 'buys' themselves additional 3 years of time until CP deeds participants break even on invested money.

All those deeds are great for MA sells, it makes them millions USD. It's like long-term loan from community. Also, price of deeds can be a subject for speculation - which in real cash economy isn't that bad after all...

And the question to MA before I spend any dollar on those deeds:
Will 100% of generated income be distributed among deed holders? Or is MA planning to make some additional 'developing/hosting/blahblah' cut for them and, let's say, distribute 70% of generated income among deed holders?

Good to know that CP will be sold among players although there are some questions we should ask as a community and potential buyers.

Buzz paid 330k USD for CP and in his statement he claims that due to family things/lack of time he was ready to sell it for price lower than this amount

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?307776-Crystal-Palace-2018

If he agreed for sum lower than 330k, why would he like to issue deeds worth 500k USD? It will impact ROI of the deeds in negative way. Why price of CP suddenly is 170k USD higher?

Imo MA has decided price. we dont know what MA has paid to Buzz or will Buzz get 500k from sale..

MA is a business not a charity, ofc they present the numbers in the best looking way they can, all companies do this. It would be nice if buzz had some income screenshots but perhaps has signed an nda as part of this and cannot. Would also be nice if they lets us know if tax will remain 4.5% or go up to 5% like other deeds etc. and other things but seems like they wont.

Not only that but they arent trying to give you the best roi they are trying to maximise their own proft by finding the highest price they can get per deed. I think based on what ive heard from people ingame these will sell at this price so why wouldnt they charge it? As with any investment you have to take all the info you can find from as many sources as possible and do some math, decide of the investment is good for you based on your budget/expectations/desired roi/risk exposure etc etc.

This 'fair' development expense will cost future CP deeds owners 50% of their potential income. I cannot imagine why adding some lines of codes should cost community almost 200k USD of their deed income.

I know that Buzz cannot issue any deed. The structure belongs 100% to MindArk, he cannot interfere into the game directly.

This will be a gold rush for MA, they will buy CP from Buzz for approx 300k or less (he must sell to because MA will block any deal between him and potential buyer - they will not add any terminal as Buzz requested saying that it could breach anti money laundering laws) and they will resell for much more taking a lot of future profit from EU community.

This simply does not feel fair at all. "Development costs" do not explain additional ~200,000 USD cost for us.

I mean, roghly seen for me - I see it almost as a stock - like CP now being - and investmentcompany you buy shares in.
Depending on the value in the investmentcompany (CP) the total company gets a value either + or -.
I don't relly need a further explanation in that matter - to eventually invest.
After all - in the end of the day it's Mindark whom holds the pricetag anyways, take it or leave it really.

(I'm hopeing to get some myself).

Last edited:
Back