Crafting Mania

[Globals]: John Howard Michaels has found a rare item (Combobulator Blueprint) with a value of 50 PEC! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

Come on guys I'm sure you can fix it for the 3rd one.I believe :)))

What you are looking at is the value of the Combobulator BP that you turn in to get the 0.03 ped whip BP.

were awarding prizes by mistakes now.. yea so those who truly grind or gave it all they got and fell short should just accept the loss and let a NOBODY win by mistake. YEA OK SEEMS LEGIT :scratch2:

The biggest concern here really is all the the crafted items and how it's going to drop the markup on them. We just got 50+ new ones of this item that's supposed to be rare.... but oh well.

Nah, the biggest concern is finding forty-seven nolifers willing to burn 2 kPED off forty-seven slow 3.0-6.0 damage whips. :lolup:

Those whips decay by about 26 PED/hour assuming non-stop use.

So ~3.5k avatar-hours would be spent burning the tt value created today.

What you are looking at is the value of the Combobulator BP that you turn in to get the 0.03 ped whip BP.

I am looking at mistakes previously made and I want to make sure they got the message right this time.
Its Mindark anything can happen.

What I don't understand is why you guys can't just roll back the mistake and correct it? You clearly listed in the post that the BP received would have 3 clicks. Why not hold to that? Even the guy who looted the 100 click BP can't be that upset, the post states the correct # of clicks.

Once you discovered one of these special blueprints you can hand it in and be rewarded with a Dominax Original Mamba Blueprint (L) with three attempts which creates an unlimited whip.

I mean, I get that you messed up, so why not toss the guy 2 of these BP's with 3 clicks each, giving him 6 clicks. But seriously 100 clicks? That mistake becomes the burden of the community whether you say it does now or in 12 months. The $ comes from somewhere, it isn't just created out of thin air.

My observation of how this is currently being handled is that you're losing credibility just brushing it off as some small mistake and this guy gets to keep 112k PEDs or whatever it is as a nice little gift.

Everyone here feels like were all paying for it, when it wasn't deserved. Where's our say? Who is our voice? I mean, all the depositors and grinders that continually fund this game.

Even if you take it from MA's pocket -- keep in mind who fills up MA's pocket.

I think the handling of this needs reevaluated.

My thoughts.
MsPudding

there is nothing to roll back, this is realtime excitement :p

and as we see, the possibilities for random errors in the matrix are endless in this universe :smoke:

Monthly Highest Single Loots
Eternal sark Newbie 4 979 PED
Eternal sark Newbie 4 753 PED
Eternal sark Newbie 2 525 PED
Eternal sark Newbie 2 512 PED
Eternal sark Newbie 2 506 PED
Monthly Highest Total Loot
Eternal sark Newbie 112 201 PED
Monthly Highest Number of Globals
Eternal sark Newbie 47 Globals

Someone already workin it. I thought I'd check because I remember anytime someone clicked a mamba BP it was a big loot.

Its not 112k, its 200k+ with near successes im sure

Regardless. This mistake yields an absurd amount of PED (for a simple mistake) that the community will have to cover.

This simply seems grossly unfair to me. And the handling of this has been poor in my personal opinion. If this decision stands, I believe MA loses a significant amount of credibility that will cost them more than the 200k+ that is needed to right the wrong.

Guess we wait and see if anything changes, or if this is reality. Seems like a major mistake to me.

Regardless. This mistake yields an absurd amount of PED (for a simple mistake) that the community will have to cover.

This simply seems grossly unfair to me. And the handling of this has been poor in my personal opinion. If this decision stands, I believe MA loses a significant amount of credibility that will cost them more than the 200k+ that is needed to right the wrong.

Guess we wait and see if anything changes, or if this is reality. Seems like a major mistake to me.

It serves as a greenlight to exploit anything handed to you by MA support or the game in general. It sets a bad precedent.

I had posted my reply before I read the whole thread. Now that I have : holy shit
I'm appalled. It is now time for me to reveal what happened to me years ago.... I will post a new thread for it.
ONE guy gets a 100 click and everyone else gets 3 and it's "oh well, he won" that is total unfair bullshit!
I can't think of a good way to fix it, but have to tell you this isn't it.
This is unfucking believable.

To roll back the mistake and toss the guy a bone would be the way I would solve it.

The lucky winner has no recourse or case to hold you to a 100 click BP. As you guys already stated the # of clicks it was to have, being 3. In other words, he has no damages, he has no ground to stand on if he were to try and argue his claim to a 100 click BP.

In fact the EULA provides you the legal language to do exactly what I'm saying -- and we click agree to that shit every time we log in.

As for earlier comments on this thread regarding the CEO, personally I think the guy is doing an awesome job. This new MA seems more responsive than ever. I really like the direction EU is being taken in personally. Except for today.

This is the hard place those at MA are in right now. Most of them work a thankless job with a community that bitches if the sun is too bright or the wind is too strong in game. Are there real problems that need addressed? Of course. However, the positive side of all this is that MA listened and responded fast to the posts about there not being another type of event.

This event had the best of intentions. I think it's actually really freaking cool that you guys listen to us more, and that you took the time to make a crafting event. The problem is that its being overshadowed by a f#$k up with the prize distribution. Which really sucks. More than anything it makes me sad. I'm not angry, I'm just sad. Sucks seeing everyone else angry, and you guys lose credibility over something like this.

Hopefully there's more deliberation.

Thank you for putting a crafting event in, I will say that. And hopefully you guys can find a balance that appeases the community at large and this individual. Best of luck to you guys over there.

-MsPudding

Well if they wanted to fix this they choud do it , but looks like decision has been made to do noting :rolleyes:

Exciting, I hope there will be some bigger crafting event soon :yay: Sounds promising.

Well thats for sure more exciting than I expected lol :nutkick:

I have to admit that I'm feeling a bit sick to my stomach seeing this unfold. In the past some avatars have been penalized with their accounts suspended for similar situations. I'm totally torn over this one and not sure what to make of it but I've got a nasty feeling in the pit of my stomach. :(

This popcorn I have is a little bland. :popcorn:

Good thing there's enough salt in this thread.

The first reward blueprint for this event was mistakenly spawned at full value (100 clicks) instead of the intended 0.03 PED value (3 clicks). Future reward blueprints will be spawned with the correct value.

The loot obtained by the lucky recipient of the first reward blueprint will not adversely affect the overall manufacturing loot pool, nor loot returns for individuals who receive future reward blueprints in this event.

Congratulations to Eternal sark Newbie for his combined loot of 112 201 PED from the first reward blueprint!

of course it does not affect the pool loot, it's a gift falling from the sky paid by nobody :rolleyes:
what a stupid answer

This popcorn I have is a little bland. :popcorn:

Good thing there's enough salt in this thread.

How do you think this should be handled? Why be so critical and snarky of others posts without adding some value with your comments. I'm not saying your being critical of me personally, but generalizing everyone's reactions as such just discounts them as if they aren't important.

If you disagree say why. I am anxious to hear your opinions on the events unfolding.

I have to admit that I'm feeling a bit sick to my stomach seeing this unfold. In the past some avatars have been penalized with their accounts suspended for similar situations. I'm totally torn over this one and not sure what to make of it but I've got a nasty feeling in the pit of my stomach. :(

Because it's unfair and pure idiocy. They already said it was a mistake, so... correct it?

The guys at MA not only do not test anything they develop, they also don't give two shits about fixing what they break.

If he had gotten a 100k+ ath under normal circumstances I wouldn't say a thing, maybe a "gz" probably. But this is different.

"Oopsy daisy we totally fucked up and there's a lot of people mad... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

PS: If you ask me? Give the guy like 10k uni ammo as a reward, give him also a 3 attemps BP as it should have been and retake whatever he got from using the broken BP.

Last edited:
You could look at this in a different way. If MA aren't worried about 100-200k given out by mistake then they most be doing ok, this gives me a certain peace of mind :)

My biggest problem with this is that MA have basically said it's ok to exploit.

The loot obtained by the lucky recipient of the first reward blueprint will not adversely affect the overall manufacturing loot pool, nor loot returns for individuals who receive future reward blueprints in this event. **

** From now on. Now I understand the 90-93% tt returns I'm seeing on my hunts and on the ones around me for many days now - we already payed for it as it was planned :silly2:

Hold up a minute...

If you go check Entropia Life for the ATH on a Dominax Mamba it is higher than the total loot the recipient of this BP made. Had he received it as an ATH, would you all be here bitching about his luck or simply saying GZ.

MA may well have screwed up.. but that is not his fault.. and he does not deserve all this negativity.

As for where the ped will come from, it would be a piss poor company that does not have a contingency fund or even insurance to cover employee screw ups. So it is quite probable that they are correct in saying it wont significantly affect the loot pool.

So can we all put our jealousy back in the box.. shut the lid and hope Santa brings us something nice.

How do you think this should be handled? Why be so critical and snarky of others posts without adding some value with your comments. I'm not saying your being critical of me personally, but generalizing everyone's reactions as such just discounts them as if they aren't important.

If you disagree say why. I am anxious to hear your opinions on the events unfolding.

I.. didn't think it was very critical, just a silly remark, but ok. Wasn't directed at anybody in particular. Surely you can't deny there's a lot of saltiness in this thread?

If you really do want my opinion, I think it could best be summed up as "meh". I don't personally care that the dude got lucky, I think it's great for him. I'm sure if it happened to most of the people in this thread that are raging, they would probably have a different attitude. At the end of the day I think it will not make any noticeable difference in the loot or anything else. Watching this unfold has been pretty hilarious and actually more entertaining than my hunting has been today, so I got that out of it.

I don't really think MA handled it as poorly as everyone else seems to think (and I've never been shy about how I feel about MA). They made an official statement, and fixed the bug. What else is there to do? I don't think it would be fair to roll back the PEDs the guy won. I honestly don't think you or I will have to "pay for it". Maybe I'm wrong. I dunno. I don't care, really.

It's probably different for me since I don't put a lot into the game and I don't expect much out of it. Normally when I see these types of threads the people that seem the most upset are the ones that seem to think they are more entitled to something than other players because they have invested more. I'm not one of those people so it doesn't really upset me. :dunno:

MA may well have screwed up.. but that is not his fault.. and he does not deserve all this negativity.

The way I see it is, if he's read enough of this OP to claim the prize he also knew he was supposed to get a 3 click bp - a clear exploit.

Hold up a minute...

If you go check Entropia Life for the ATH on a Dominax Mamba it is higher than the total loot the recipient of this BP made. Had he received it as an ATH, would you all be here bitching about his luck or simply saying GZ.

As for where the ped will come from, it would be a piss poor company that does not have a contingency fund or even insurance to cover employee screw ups. So it is quite probable that they are correct in saying it wont significantly affect the loot pool.

So can we all put our jealousy back in the box.. shut the lid and hope Santa brings us something nice.

If the events transpired in the same manner as your hypothetical I do believe the community would have a different reaction. They didn't. They happened the way they did, and Ludvig has already explained it was a company oversight/mistake.

Because they happened the way they did, and not the way in your hypothetical, that's why you're seeing many in the community upset.

Even if the funds come from a contingency fund or insurance, those rates will rise or the fund will need to be replenished. The funds to pay the lucky winner do not come from thin air.

In regards to negativity towards the avatar winning 200k+, speaking just for myself and no one else, my comments aren't aimed at him. I hold no ill will whatsoever towards him.

My frustration comes from how this situation has been handled by those at MA. Nothing to do with the crafter.

I'm pretty sure the majority of the players would have filed a support case and turn the BP in. If the person that swapped the looted BP, knew very well it should have been a 3 pec BP. By the ToS this person should have been in trouble after the 4th click.... but, an official pardon is an official pardon and that's that. Moving on.

Last edited:
I also don't really agree with the decision made by MA, even if no player at any point feels the impact of that decision in their loot or gameplay and it only comes out of MindArk's company bottom line, I still believe it's not the correct response to this situation.

In my opinion the player should have had all of his activity in that period of time reversed, or the end products taken away from him, and given a more reasonable sum due to still having been a "winner" of Crafting Mania and some extra for the error which, although the player blatantly took advantage of it, was MA's fault.

I don't see this as being the end of the world or anything, especially if clearly MA doesn't seem to think it is, but I can certainly understand players not being okay with the conclusion to this episode.

I.. didn't think it was very critical, just a silly remark, but ok. Wasn't directed at anybody in particular. Surely you can't deny there's a lot of saltiness in this thread?

If you really do want my opinion, I think it could best be summed up as "meh". I don't personally care that the dude got lucky, I think it's great for him. I'm sure if it happened to most of the people in this thread that are raging, they would probably have a different attitude. At the end of the day I think it will not make any noticeable difference in the loot or anything else. Watching this unfold has been pretty hilarious and actually more entertaining than my hunting has been today, so I got that out of it.

I don't really think MA handled it as poorly as everyone else seems to think (and I've never been shy about how I feel about MA). They made an official statement, and fixed the bug. What else is there to do? I don't think it would be fair to roll back the PEDs the guy won. I honestly don't think you or I will have to "pay for it". Maybe I'm wrong. I dunno. I don't care, really.

It's probably different for me since I don't put a lot into the game and I don't expect much out of it. Normally when I see these types of threads the people that seem the most upset are the ones that seem to think they are more entitled to something than other players because they have invested more. I'm not one of those people so it doesn't really upset me. :dunno:

Indeed, this has been an entertaining read today to say the least :D

It's distracted me from work!

Thank you for the response. I do disagree with parts of it, but it's nice to understand at least where you're coming from. Thanks for explaining yourself.

I'm frustrated just because I don't see the situation as being handled fair. I don't demand I get the same prize, or feel entitled to ATH, but knowing the circumstances in which this player got an ATH is unfair. It comes down to human error, and not even just that, it's that it could be fixed easily and MA still stay within the legal rights and spirit of the crafting event.

Had MA not listed in writing before the event started that the BP to be handed out would have 3 clicks, but some undisclosed and unknown amount instead, I would have had a different reaction. But that's just it. We all knew it would have 3, cause the event said so, so when it came out with 100 instead of 3, therein lies the problem to me.

It should work both ways. If someone in game gets screwed over hardcore by something implemented in game that doesn't match what it was claimed to be -- that should be corrected. If it works in someone's favor, it should be fixed.

Look, my payroll company submitted payroll wrong for me and we once ended up paying double what we should have. I was tipped off to the mistake when I woke up one morning with double my payment in my bank account. Pretty nice for everyone right? But a costly mistake, so we immediately got payroll on the phone. We did a reversal that day. We didn't just let everyone keep it just because. By that same token, I've missed commissions before and shorted someone $2,000. The moment I realized the mistake I corrected it on the spot and they walked out with a check in hand.

Mistakes happen. They're bound to. How they're fixed sometimes is the important piece.

Back