Crafting Mania

This is hilarious... congrats to the guy! :lolup:

Let's see when the next one drops... and the player gets 3 fails. :D

Not much difference between old leadership and new in this situation, old leadership would have made no comment and ignored it, new one does same but makes a post telling you thats what theyre doing :laugh: lot of positive changes recently but always seems to be one step forward two steps back.

Not much difference between old leadership and new in this situation, old leadership would have made no comment and ignored it, new one does same but makes a post telling you thats what theyre doing :laugh: lot of positive changes recently but always seems to be one step forward two steps back.

Hahahahaha. I actually had similar thoughts on the above. Earlier i just wondered What if : Ludvig had not responded at all. Would it be worse or better then it is currently? :)

First of all: Thx Ludvig for comunication :wtg:

To roll back the mistake and toss the guy a bone would be the way I would solve it.

The lucky winner has no recourse or case to hold you to a 100 click BP. As you guys already stated the # of clicks it was to have, being 3. In other words, he has no damages, he has no ground to stand on if he were to try and argue his claim to a 100 click BP.

In fact the EULA provides you the legal language to do exactly what I'm saying -- and we click agree to that shit every time we log in.

As for earlier comments on this thread regarding the CEO, personally I think the guy is doing an awesome job. This new MA seems more responsive than ever. I really like the direction EU is being taken in personally. Except for today.

This is the hard place those at MA are in right now. Most of them work a thankless job with a community that bitches if the sun is too bright or the wind is too strong in game. Are there real problems that need addressed? Of course. However, the positive side of all this is that MA listened and responded fast to the posts about there not being another type of event.

This event had the best of intentions. I think it's actually really freaking cool that you guys listen to us more, and that you took the time to make a crafting event. The problem is that its being overshadowed by a f#$k up with the prize distribution. Which really sucks. More than anything it makes me sad. I'm not angry, I'm just sad. Sucks seeing everyone else angry, and you guys lose credibility over something like this.

Hopefully there's more deliberation.

Thank you for putting a crafting event in, I will say that. And hopefully you guys can find a balance that appeases the community at large and this individual. Best of luck to you guys over there.

-MsPudding

I also don't really agree with the decision made by MA, even if no player at any point feels the impact of that decision in their loot or gameplay and it only comes out of MindArk's company bottom line, I still believe it's not the correct response to this situation.

In my opinion the player should have had all of his activity in that period of time reversed, or the end products taken away from him, and given a more reasonable sum due to still having been a "winner" of Crafting Mania and some extra for the error which, although the player blatantly took advantage of it, was MA's fault.

I don't see this as being the end of the world or anything, especially if clearly MA doesn't seem to think it is, but I can certainly understand players not being okay with the conclusion to this episode.

Second: I agree with Ms Pudding and Darkaruki:wise:

Third: Big Gratz to the guy that got this BP :eyecrazy::yay:

I suppose we should read about the 12k in their audit next year somewhere, otherwise its safe to assume the money came from the lootpool.
I don't have a problem someone loot 120 ath from 3 pec bp.I have a problem when you say its a 3 pec bp in the official notes and the guy gets 100 clicks+.That's incompetence.It's not the guy's fault, its devs fault and they must pay for it , not us.

completely agree with you

To me it is irrelevant how any player would have handled it. The point is not how the player handled it - he handled it as most people would be expected to when they trip over a large stack of cash. The point is how the company handled it.
They failed to conduct any sort of quality assurance in the initial BP exchange.
They failed to take action when warned very early on that something was wrong.
They communicated flippantly with a concerned customer who pointed out a problem.
There is no consistency in how they manage their screw ups.
They just condoned a very obvious exploit.
The new precedent is now "seek out exploits, use the shit out of them as fast as you can, and you'll be fine."

This is not about the player. This is about the company.

The company will also have their own policies of how things are handled. Even if support seem to fail to take any action, you don't know for certain that they didn't. At my work, when we are alerted of an error (whether or not that could cost the company money), our first action is to open a support case to the correct department that handles it. They will action that within the next 24-48 hours. If we need to escalate something it is emailed to a certain person, they will then follow their process. We never tell the client or clients anything for liability reasons.
We also do not all of a sudden block the client either as it has to be investigated first before we can take any action. If it is deemed to be an error against our company, then our company will cover the cost of such error, it is not immediately passed onto all of our current clients. We will then send around a communication to those who need to know with as limited amount of information as possible.

Every company has a different procedure, and irrelevant of how you think they should operate, they have their policies for a reason. When a client tells me how our company should be handling something, i politely tell them to go shove it where the sun don't shine (but in more of a thank you i will pass on your feedback to the appropriate department who will be sure to take all your concerns and considerations into account for future procedure amendments...with a smile of course) as essentially its none of their business if our company takes a loss on an error....the right people will look into the error and how to avoid it in future.

So yes, they made a mistake, it cost them $14000 USD, a pretty small sum on a company prospective but definitely not one they want to repeat too often. Here you are all saying, well its going to cost us now, and the reality is, it prob was going to cost you anyway, whether this error was made or not, they were still going to gather that amount from everyone anyway over a period of time. If you think a 14K mistake is going to bankrupt MA, then just sell out....there are plenty of players who will gamble away 14K combined on EP in a month.

No doubt they will look at their processes to ensure this doesn't happen again or is limited, but any sort of manual intervention or new automated process is bound to mess up despite testing periods. (I dread any new implementation at work as i know there will be some sort of error that happens).

Much salt flying around.

Humans make mistakes and resolving problems properly may not be easy at times.

Man this pools that keep on being mentioned,where they at,where does MA say they exist and there are 3,they must be ridiculously small if people are worried about 112k to one guy affecting theyr returns.How the fck is the mining pool so small that since spring ppl cant hit shit for multipliers and most days the hof board barelly hits 2k,guess the 20ish lvl newb who ATHed with 1dclass drop depleted the pool for the whole year huh
There were quite a few ATHs this summer on crafting ,ppl didnt seem to be worried keept clicking and keept hunting and they keept poping up along with ubers and such.
We should all stop playing this game whenever someone hits a bigger hof by this judgement because this small "pool" that we all care so much and we all think we deserve a portion of it is ours based on our losses huh ?Isnt that convenient...where`s my 50k!

Now,I do not like that because of human error some random dude got 112k in an hour or w/e ,because i`m jealous and I lost my ass off for past 7-8months on pretty much a daily basis and that makes me a bit salty too.But then i`m also happy for him,especialy since MA didnt deemed right to punish him for something obviously not in hes fault for the most part.

I only write this because I see a dangerous precedent unfold if ppl keep whining and pushing things to make MA manipulate this avatar to rollback and give him X amount prize and stuff like that to what the community see fit.I guess you just want to see this dude burned down,but then the 112k peds would still be missing from the so called pool,unless we also ride on the fairy tale pony thats going to say it will be put back.Who`s to say that if they take these peds from him hes return from now on will not be doomed,from what ivd seen everything averages to some return %wise ,would you feel "safe" playing after if ud be in hes place ?I woudnt,considering if I think that theres a chance the same guy who put a full bp instead of a 0.03 pec one in my inventory could also be the same person assuring me everything will be fine after!

Think the community is too hard on this one with MA,we want more events and more interesting stuff all the time,better loot,better returns etc.Its not like they havent tried,and its not like they also havent tried to handle this situation,while its annoying they are more frequently not working properly then right,its also nice that they keep trying,one can only hope they will get better at it.

p.s Don`t forget we need to bitch some more and curse next year too!

Reminds me of a long time ago MA put a bp in the technician that cost 1 pec to buy but was 100 qr so it was worth 1 ped tt. You can figure out what happened...

gj

compet fail
loot 2.0 fail
deep token fail
comunication fail
new ceo fail
looter skills fail
FEN items agronaut,berserker fail
now blueprint fail ?

anything u guys patch is a fail

in kind words: fuck you mindark i wont depo a single penny and gona take out my cash right now

If I logged on yesterday to find 100kped in my inventory I would have asked MA what was going on.

If I login tomorrow and find 100kped in my inventory I'll keep my mouth shut.

If I logged on yesterday to find 100kped in my inventory I would have asked MA what was going on.

If I login tomorrow and find 100kped in my inventory I'll keep my mouth shut.

now i feel bad cus i told mindark to fix my tt profit from onehiting puny mobs

All receive 100 clicks, or all 3 clicks. There is no other option, or they should have been described in the rules. MindArk have a perverse notion of justice.

One person received 40+ copies of valuable whip (3 years ago I tried to buy one for +1200, but no one sold).
Well, you claim that this reward will not affect others. But the reward received in the form of a large number of copies of valuable items, which automatically devalues all subsequent successes.

Just wow,

Part of me still wants to give MA some credit for finally doing a crafting event

Also, I'm reading the player looted it on ARK so that's a small win for PP out there in these global type events..

I was wondering why this wasn't attached to FEN event? Honestly, MA should still spin this as a nice advert as a player just had quite an epic day during FEN/Merry Mayhem event times!!... mess up or not, this goes down in the books as another crazy, memorable thing in the 15 years of crazy things that is EU

Would be nice though if MA decided to exclude EP bps in any future crafting events where the goal is to pull rare loots from the pool. Besides not helping the economy at all, they also hold an advantage as the source of clicks is instant and endless vs any other bp that is (correctly) depending on other markets for supplies...

Problem with event (not mentioned the biggest of all: THE fuckup):
-Doesnt motivate higher turnover
-Doesnt motivate to click higher level bps
-Doesnt motivate to skill up
-Too much luck based (i got the feeling that my 400k monthly turnover wont yield a single combo bp)

What should have been done (and was proposed by many):
New kind of FEN tokens only from crafting to turn in to craft stuffs (nothing that would screw up the already screwed up balance :D)

don't beat me:lam: but let's find something good in it.

I think MA is doing great this time at one thing - they have admitted their mistake and informed us in less than 4 hours 32 minutes. Saying "in less" because we don't know the time when 100 clicks BP was given, so calculating from Combobulator Blueprint discovery.
So I want to thank MA for this :wtg:

The bad thing, that solving of this mistake gave a precedent for players, which should be used in future mistakes if such occur.

Just think if this 100 clicks BP would be issued to more experienced crafter, and he would use it in a more smart way not clicking all at once,but for example clicking just enough clicks to get 3 global/hof/ath which are visible to others, and left clicks he would decide to use after event. In that case, perhaps, we would not even realize that such mistake was made. So here comes THANKS to Eternal sark Newbie, and gz for the win, and please spend at least half of peds ingame ;)

Merry Christmas everyone :xwink:

I also don't really agree with the decision made by MA, even if no player at any point feels the impact of that decision in their loot or gameplay and it only comes out of MindArk's company bottom line, I still believe it's not the correct response to this situation.

In my opinion the player should have had all of his activity in that period of time reversed, or the end products taken away from him, and given a more reasonable sum due to still having been a "winner" of Crafting Mania and some extra for the error which, although the player blatantly took advantage of it, was MA's fault.

I don't see this as being the end of the world or anything, especially if clearly MA doesn't seem to think it is, but I can certainly understand players not being okay with the conclusion to this episode.

Yes exactly, they should have dealt with this according to the rules they set out and reverse the error. This only gives incentive for trying to find and use exploits.

Reminder that this is a company that have tried to apply for a banking license and also tried to launch crypto-currency. This decision by giving away money after such a mistake is not a responsible way to handle (virtual) currency.

Yes exactly, they should have dealt with this according to the rules they set out and reverse the error. This only gives incentive for trying to find and use exploits.

Reminder that this is a company that have tried to apply for a banking license and also tried to launch crypto-currency. This decision by giving away money after such a mistake is not a responsible way to handle (virtual) currency.

It's also plain dumb, you just made one guy super happy and a lot of people rightfully upset. Last time I checked this game was a business, doesn't seem very smart.

Whatever they do I'll make a withdrawal even though I don't need the money. This will be my third, and the last two have been exclusively due to their shitty decisions.

I don't even care that much, this is starting to be a tradition. I'll keep playing and forget all about this in a few months, with some extra money in the bank.

And I totally agree with you, I have reported numerous bugs and quirks I could have taken advantage of but no more, I will take everything I can since in the end it doesn't really matter. Not to them, and from now on not to me either.

You do you MA, good riddance and GZ to the guy.

On second look..{removed} Off topic and I blame Christmas Daiquiris.

:xwink::xsmile::xredface:

Last edited:
I would participate in every event, but does the chances to get rewards are real for me?
That's the problem.

The moment I see this Mania Event, I burned 80 peds for crafting everything I can craft, not much but I don't mind, if I have the chances to get the rewards.
But again, my hope is low, probably none, how to believe ?

Seriously, if a 3 pec crafter get it, I don't mind, if the genuine chances & trust are there.

Nice way to promote getting rich by bugs, MA. What a great nonchalant response, "Our QA does the silliest things! They just made a small mistake, like always. Don't worry, the 200k we just sent him, isn't going to affect you, your loots were already going to be bad, you won't notice at all! So get going and keep playing to pay it off!".

Seriously when will you get it together?

Last edited:
I mean when you factor in near sucesses we are talking about $20,000 usd gone to a fairly low level player due to a dev mistake. All money ingame is from other players and if you think MA is gonna just add $20k back into the game youre delusiuonal. Thats $20k of player funds gone due to nothing but incompetence at best and sketchiness at worse.

And the response of whoops, everything fixed now grats to the guy who got the $20k is equally as mind boggling.

of course it does not affect the pool loot, it's a gift falling from the sky paid by nobody :rolleyes:
what a stupid answer

maybe they are right, loot pool will not be affect , they will just give (-33 x bp's at 0.03 click each) :scratch2:

Many players stopped to play , so they made a Buzz :)

maybe CNN will talk about that mistake 3 days before Christmas

Trying on a tin-foil hat to see how it fits:
I wondered why the event was made 'complicated' by winners having to go via support. Possibly because they wanted a prize bp to be able to drop from any crafting prof, but that won't be the actual final bp itself (which has a prof), so you then have to exchange it - and going via support wouldn't need a vu to implement an npc.

On the other hand.... maybe this way they could make a 'human error' with the first bp handed out and get the event massively talked about.

On my comment about winners maybe tt-ing them, it wasn't salty but purely about the demand for tieing up 2k peds on a whip which will take ages to get down to a more reasonable tt. If people wish to buy them, then fine, but I think it's perfectly valid to assume some winners will simply tt them. Still, if winners stick them on auction at low mu with no buyout, then we will see how they get on :)

Trying on a tin-foil hat to see how it fits:
I wondered why the event was made 'complicated' by winners having to go via support. Possibly because they wanted a prize bp to be able to drop from any crafting prof, but that won't be the actual final bp itself (which has a prof), so you then have to exchange it - and going via support wouldn't need a vu to implement an npc.

I'm fairly sure the system isn't setup so they can choose the tt of the BP, so if they want to give a 3 click BP as a prize they have to do it manually.

I'm fairly sure the system isn't setup so they can choose the tt of the BP, so if they want to give a 3 click BP as a prize they have to do it manually.

Ah, yes, that makes sense - and yeah, it worked perfectly ;)
However, on other planets there have been rewards of 10-click bps I think from an npc/mission, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
The first reward blueprint for this event was mistakenly spawned at full value (100 clicks) instead of the intended 0.03 PED value (3 clicks). Future reward blueprints will be spawned with the correct value.

The loot obtained by the lucky recipient of the first reward blueprint will not adversely affect the overall manufacturing loot pool, nor loot returns for individuals who receive future reward blueprints in this event.

Congratulations to Eternal sark Newbie for his combined loot of 112 201 PED from the first reward blueprint!
Common, fuck this reaction!!

Roll it back you fools!!

You say it's not our money, but for sure it is.

We will indirectly pay for this, either by crap loot or reduced cld income.

The lost money doesn't simply fall out of the sky!!

You bunch of stupid spineless fools!!!

Back