Suggestion: Crafting Event : My Version/Suggestions

Divinity

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Divinity Deth Undefined
I know well about the issues that has been caused by the recent Crafting Event Debacle. However I would like to be constructive and make suggestions which i feel can make for a better Crafting Event

Suggestions
--------------

1. Firstly, I believe Explosive Projectile BP's should not be included in such events.

2. Like Hunting, we should have something similar. For example if upto 3 clicks of Mamba UL can be looted then

a. 1 click for level 4 bp. Gold Tokens if we use tokens.

b. 3 clicks for level 10 bp. Platinum Tokens if we use tokens.

( Note : I have used two examples but this same can be extended to various other such event items)

3. Now for Event prizes. Giving UL items like MAMBA UL with few clicks is not really what a long term crafter aspires for. Please make crafting progressive and something to look forward to.

As a sample : If we look at say Hunting Guns

a. Level 30 BLP/Laser Rifle with EFF 90+ : 5 blueprints to be won and requires X amount of Gold Tokens . Ingredients should ofcourse include some high markup items but ideally the gun should cost no more then 120%

b. Level 85 BLP/Laser Rifle with EFF 90+ : 5 blueprints to be won and requires X amount of Platinum Tokens . Ingredients should of course include some high markup items but ideally the gun should cost no more then 125%

c. Level 60 BLP/Laser Rifle with EFF 90+ : 5 blueprints to be won and requires 2X amount of Platinum Tokens . Ingredients should of course include some high markup items but ideally the gun should cost no more then 125%

( Please note above that Level 60 BP should cost at least 2x that of a lvl 85 BP. Balancing it is key and the demand/supply suggests the above format). It is also very important the EFF of the gun be at par with the best UL ones so that people are tempted to buy them paying extra markup instead of using inferior guns.

Also to be noted Armor sets with increasing protection/varied protection can be offered as well.

4. Event prizes can include Auction House Slots for the winners as that is something almost all crafters are in perennial shortage of.

So far these are the few samples/ideas i could come up with. I am sure others will have more to add. I will tweak it if i feel the suggestions are viable. These are of course just my opinion and am sure the community can provide more feedback for the same.

Cheers,

Divinity

Last edited:
As usual, a well thought out and unemotional post from you. +rep

I will share my version, which got buried in another thread.

I would like to see an event which combined all 3 professions. One way to do this would be to not loot the tokens, but to make them crafted instead. Give each token ~4 levels of BP, similar to EP, such that Gold Token BP I could be crafted by any level, BP II was higher level, more mats, greater output, etc.. Give everyone a BP I to start the event, and the other BPs must be looted.

Each BP requires a combination of special resources and mats looted from both hunting and mining in special instances. Have the hunting instances drop some special material used for the tokens, and create mining instances with indoor mechanics and no mobs (like a biodome on foma) where miners can loot some special resource. The tokens are crafted by combining *both* the hunting and mining loot.

This would create an event with all 3 professions actively involved, and stimulate some economic activity among players - but someone could still do it all solo if they wanted. Even traders would enjoy this as they could actively resell the hunting loot, mining resources, tokens, or even the BPs.

Event Details

I really like the idea of having all 3 professions contribute to a single goal, however i have a few issues as well with it that are :

1. I really don't think MA is equipped to deal with that level of complexity in terms of development as you suggest.
2. It will require creation of addition resources in both hunting and mining which are not really needed. If a crafting event is put into place which does not include EP, then we already have the hunters/miners working to provide the crafters with the resources they need.

I really like the idea of having all 3 professions contribute to a single goal, however i have a few issues as well with it that are :

1. I really don't think MA is equipped to deal with that level of complexity in terms of development as you suggest.
2. It will require creation of addition resources in both hunting and mining which are not really needed. If a crafting event is put into place which does not include EP, then we already have the hunters/miners working to provide the crafters with the resources they need.

Fair points. Alternatively, instead of introducing special resources for the token BPs, they could just use already existing common resources. This would boost the MU on existing mats. With this route, I think it would be minimal coding effort since all they really need to do is create a few BPs and remove the tokens from loot.

Fair points. Alternatively, instead of introducing special resources for the token BPs, they could just use already existing common resources. This would boost the MU on existing mats. With this route, I think it would be minimal coding effort since all they really need to do is create a few BPs and remove the tokens from loot.

Absolutely.

PS : I know people are hurt about the goof up of last crafting event but if we need to move on we need to provide a better path for MA to follow as well. I ask all the other knowledgeable individuals to share your inputs.

If nothing else, the least MA could do is give gold/platinum tokens in crafting loot.

If nothing else, the least MA could do is give gold/platinum tokens in crafting loot.

Well then it is really not a crafting event but just an auxiliary to a hunting event. We can argue that something better then nothing but there is so much potential and with proper crafting event everyone else wins automatically being the suppliers.

craft one of every item in one level of each blueprint book (or buy em off of a crafter)... turn all of those items in to an npc that gives you a token for whatever... make one token trader per level or whatever... if you have all level tokens you can then turn that in to another trader that gives you a special blueprint of some sort...kind of like galactica thing, but with more of a crafting focus.

maybe a special instance blueprint similar to the ones that rocktropia shop owners have or something like that... but with a good loot chance on good items in that instance... or better yet, an instance similar to that one that rocktropia did a while back for xmas where you have all those little gift things and have to choose the right one to get different prize levels, etc... or like the povr thing was where you turned it in to get a random whatever in return... but make it way better items that are returned than simply posters.

sort of similar to the old fun house instance thing on dc universe mmo.

lots of other ways of doing it too... wouldn't have to be super complex... just build an in game system though since it's obvious that this send in support ticket type system needs a lot of work.

The reason one of every item in book would be involved would be to get folks crafting the stuff that rarely if ever gets crafted... it'd give it a purpose... and get economy going a bit since items would go up in markup a tad, etc. It'd also get resource hogs emptying their storage unit allowing others to get some of that stuff that has capped (if cap really exists?)

Last edited:
All you would have to do is introduce new blueprints for a Mayhem series of guns similar to the ArMatrix series, but these ones would require Mayhem tokens as part of the ingredients to craft.

You could also introduce another series of blueprints for the Mayhem armor parts, which would also use Mayhem tokens, so that crafters would have to make those instead of it just dropping in loot. This would greatly increase the value of Mayhem tokens btw and hunters would still get their share.

The above would successfully tie-in hunting, crafting and trading together. To bring in mining, make Mayhem tokens pop up all over Calypso as Treasure finds.

I'd have to go with divinity on this one... The crafting event imo did tie in to hunters miners as well.. a lot of us including myself started crafting like mad, anything and everything from hunting and mined resources to gathered resources creating a huge demand in everything... I think it was a great idea just the reward got borked. The reward needs some more thought but the program itself I give two thumbs up.

All you would have to do is introduce new blueprints for a Mayhem series of guns similar to the ArMatrix series, but these ones would require Mayhem tokens as part of the ingredients to craft.

You could also introduce another series of blueprints for the Mayhem armor parts, which would also use Mayhem tokens, so that crafters would have to make those instead of it just dropping in loot. This would greatly increase the value of Mayhem tokens btw and hunters would still get their share.

The above would successfully tie-in hunting, crafting and trading together. To bring in mining, make Mayhem tokens pop up all over Calypso as Treasure finds.

The mm tokens already have a pretty decent value and make the guns etc very expensive already. Increasing markup on those would make those mm vendor items exhorbitant.

I'd have to go with divinity on this one... The crafting event imo did tie in to hunters miners as well.. a lot of us including myself started crafting like mad, anything and everything from hunting and mined resources to gathered resources creating a huge demand in everything... I think it was a great idea just the reward got borked. The reward needs some more thought but the program itself I give two thumbs up.

Thanks and yes i do believe crafting is one profession which can benefit both hunting and mining. Reward needs more thought i agree.

Yup agreed. EP should be not be included in these events.

Back