Question: The post HoF Clawback period

jambon

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
James Jambon Zidane
Am I the only one that has experienced a significant "claw back" period after hitting a decent hof of like 200x multiplier?

I mean I'll be hunting and getting like 89% - 95%+ for a while, then I may hit a nice 1k Hof (200x multiplier) then immediately following that the loot gets shut off and I'm lucky to see breaking 66% return for a long while. (Hours or even DAYS of hunting).

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if anyone knows the numbers behind how long it lasts and what's the better solution of how to handle this:

1. Just log off for a few days in the hopes that it will blow over and loots will be normal when you return?

2. Dial down to the level of hunting punies to try to cycle through a few thousand kills in the hopes of working the shit returns out?

3. Log in but just stand around doing nothing till some unseen "fuck them over with loot" de-buff timer expires?

Yep, it happens to me every time I hof. To the point that I actually dread hoffing now.

My remediation depends on my mood. I'll usually just stop playing for a few weeks after a hof. Sometimes I just don't care and sit through the cycle, but I usually hunt smaller mobs for a time. Can't really say that either makes much difference tbh.

Am I the only one that has experienced a significant "claw back" period after hitting a decent hof of like 200x multiplier?

I mean I'll be hunting and getting like 89% - 95%+ for a while, then I may hit a nice 1k Hof (200x multiplier) then immediately following that the loot gets shut off and I'm lucky to see breaking 66% return for a long while. (Hours or even DAYS of hunting).

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if anyone knows the numbers behind how long it lasts and what's the better solution of how to handle this:

1. Just log off for a few days in the hopes that it will blow over and loots will be normal when you return?

2. Dial down to the level of hunting punies to try to cycle through a few thousand kills in the hopes of working the shit returns out?

3. Log in but just stand around doing nothing till some unseen "fuck them over with loot" de-buff timer expires?

Just go hunt punies for a month after you get a nice hof.

Yes, there seems to be a clawback or "equalization" period at least in my humble experience. Had the same experience after 5K, 6K, 9K HOFs this year. Lasted for 3 weeks after the 9K. (1) Doesn't work for me, (3) is too boring for me so I usually do (2) - dial-down mobs to young maturities (please, not punies) or go mining.

To tired atm to write any longer post, so I keep it short.
In your progress when playing you build up values, that comes out occasionly.
After your peak in payout, values are drained and you have to build up values again.
My guess this is what some see as a personal loot pool, but it isn't.
So no personal loot pool, but individual build up of values.
Btw, there are more things than just cost in this build up progress...

Yes, there seems to be a clawback or "equalization" period at least in my humble experience. Had the same experience after 5K, 6K, 9K HOFs this year. Lasted for 3 weeks after the 9K. (1) Doesn't work for me, (3) is too boring for me so I usually do (2) - dial-down mobs to young maturities (please, not punies) or go mining.

yeah maybe mining is a good idea... haven't been in a while and maybe the loots will be decent. Though I've been on a pretty bad losing streak in mining for years :laugh:

200x multiplier?
In my dreams. 2500 ped biggest loot on Mang Chang.

it happens to me every single time, except the times when it doesnt happen

:laugh: and wise :wise: to boot. I get the impression that there are a distinct set of actions any ava can take after a HOF to mitigate or maybe even completely avoid any "equalization". My working assumption is that those avas who are successful (TT profiting) in this game have likely identified and follow, just such a strategy. Hmm...

this one most likley is a myth ...

well or at least it would be tough to explain the chain hofs of some ep crafters and even a few or my miners have had several almost consecutive hofs.

one most likley wrong (yet i ll stick with it for now) explanation for me is that i think for hunting mob spawns accumulate "loot tickets" over time.

The more gets put into a spawn the higher the base multiplier gets (at least i use that to explain why certain times quite consistently tend to have a higher minimum return than others)

A hof ofc drains that drastically and due to the ped influx, instead of switching, people tend to double down and experience the resulting drought even more so.

While all this admitadly is pure speculation on my behalf, i think that from a programmers point of view any system with less variable parts is almost always preferable.

Tl;dr.: why make a system that specifically has to target specific statistical outliners, when you can just cover all possible situations in a much simpler fashion.

here's my experience in crafting with this:
it doesn't work!

I even once had 4 times 1000 multis within 10k clicks, i already had switched to smaller crafts after first one, so the other 3 weren't doing me any good, because only small globals...

I hit a ~2100x today (1061 unamped enmatter) and I actually have a tt log this time, so we'll see in two weeks. :cool:

:laugh: and wise :wise: to boot. I get the impression that there are a distinct set of actions any ava can take after a HOF to mitigate or maybe even completely avoid any "equalization". My working assumption is that those avas who are successful (TT profiting) in this game have likely identified and follow, just such a strategy. Hmm...

Storing more loots for more mu.
Trading bankroll.

From someone who's hit a plethora of 2k+ hofs and a handful of 5-digits hofs..... yeah it happens...

there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Law of large numbers.. MA will rake their cut, you will not beat the TT (unless you're hunting pre-loot 2.0) so don't bother trying...

if you log months of results accurately and you're over the 95% standard without any real explanation you should be prepared to give that difference back because you will.

no it's not fair... no MA doesn't care.. yes they have to keep the lights on.

Edit: is it a bullshit business model? yes... should it be changed? of course... is MA going to change it? not unless they stand to benefit more than the cost of changing it.

I hit a ~2100x today (1061 unamped enmatter) and I actually have a tt log this time, so we'll see in two weeks. :cool:

~2 kPED later, no evidence of clawback found yet:
mindec.jpg

(totals since 8-Dec (arrival on Caly))
(x axis is cumulative PED in as my runs are not of fixed size)
(there are individual runs outside chart range all the way from 30% to 2000%)

~2 kPED later, no evidence of clawback found yet:
mindec.jpg

(totals since 8-Dec (arrival on Caly))
(x axis is cumulative PED in as my runs are not of fixed size)
(there are individual runs outside chart range all the way from 30% to 2000%)

i cycled 430k peds with 4 five-figured hofs over a 2.5 month period at a TT% return over 110% before a 5-6 month clawback before my next five digits.... after 1.3mil ped cycled guess what the TT return was? 93.9%

you won't beat the law of large numbers... whether your outside the spectrum to the + or the - you'll still end up at the standardized returns..

issue now is lack of markup, so it's just a matter of whether the fun justifies the money spent... unless you're a trader/LA owner or you consistently win top event prizes you're either breaking even at best or scraping 1-2% profits

Its not the game consciously clawing money back its just variance evening out, remember as far as tt return goes everything is -ev and the more you cycle the closer to your true return you will get whether it spikes and then goes back down or just hovers around that area forever is just random.

Back