Question: Webshop Strong Boxes

craftycashcow

Hatchling
Hi There,

I have a dilemma , I went purchased several boxes on webshop which are the strongboxes plus keys, fine so far.
Started taking part in xmas event and got xmas strongboxes which you want to open and have a chance to get xmas ring. But now I have 5 boxes that I bought from the store which I cant open cause I used their keys to open xmas boxes. Now the main issue I have is buying 5 keys and boxes are same price as purchasing 5 keys o_O, so if I buy 5 keys I lose out on 5 boxes. Answer from support was sell to other players or buy the keys after telling me again and again that xmas box and webshop boxes are different which we already established... A circular argument cause he couldn't get the point I was making.

If I sell to another player they have to buy 5 keys too, then why buy the boxes from me at all when they can get 5 boxes plus keys for same price without paying me in game any amount?

Anyone else have thoughts on this? in my mind keys alone should be slightly cheaper so I don't lose out on 5 boxes.

Support probably meant that you can sell looted boxes to other players instead of buying keys for them, because selling the normal boxes from the webshop after using their keys for seasonal boxes is an outright scam, aimed at clueless newbies who don't know that you need keys for those (people unfortunately do that).

Think of it this way. When you buy keys you can either just buy a key or buy a key with a free strongbox. There's no dilemma the strongboxes were free and have no value, anyone who tries to sell boxes from the webshop are scammers.

Forget about the boxes u have from the webshop, dump them and forget about it.

Topic Review

Be it free or not feel losing out on 5 boxes. So the boxes I found in game where just like an upgrade on boxes I bought. Honestly sours me completely from spending money on them.

Be it free or not feel losing out on 5 boxes. So the boxes I found in game where just like an upgrade on boxes I bought. Honestly sours me completely from spending money on them.

You didn't buy the boxes you bought the keys. MA gave you some boxes for free in case you didn't have boxes in game to open.

If it winds up your OCD so much then buy 5 keys and open them, just don't take the 5 free boxes.

No need for insults since your making pure speculation on my state of mind :) just saying might as well wait till have 5 boxes found in game or wait for events and purchase keys as apposed to ever going on store buying keys plus "free boxes" for anything else.

Support probably meant that you can sell looted boxes to other players instead of buying keys for them, because selling the normal boxes from the webshop after using their keys for seasonal boxes is an outright scam, aimed at clueless newbies who don't know that you need keys for those (people unfortunately do that).

It currently is a service. Since Mindark gave the players 3 boxes for x-mas.. you still want 2 boxes, if you buy 5 keys.
so if you sell the normal boxes for 5 or 10 pec each, player who don't want to loot the extra boxes can open 5 boxes. (or give them away for free if you don't want ped)

How is selling free boxes a service? If u have 3 xmas boxes then buy 5 boxes+keys and open 3 xmas boxes and 2 normal boxes then dump your spare free boxes in storage or tt (if u can tt them, not sure).

How is selling free boxes a service?
This situation made me lol. It's amazing how thinking things through (or not) can affect what is perceived to be a scam or not. The point is - Christmas gifts of 3 boxes still requires you to buy a minimum of 5 keys, if that is still the lowest pack in the store. Some people may just buy the 5 keys without boxes before realising they'd have 2 keys extra, so they've already made the 'mistake' by then. Others, with or without particular issues, may not like the idea of taking things they don't think they will need, and thus intentionally do not take the free boxes. It's a mindset thing if you don't understand it, no worries :)
Anyway, both groups may then wish to buy 2 normal boxes for a small service fee - it's up to them as long as they know the situation...

Now I understand, if you're stupid enough to buy keys without boxes then we can take advantage of you and sell you boxes you can get for free.

I'm so glad your explained peoples mindsets without patronizing.

I was watching a documentary once and was outsmarted by a chimpanzee. I simply hadn't thought of something that the chimp apparently had thought when it decided to do something.
And the mindset thing was a separate point anyway. They seem in my experience to be the hardest for others to grasp, which I don't consider to be patronizing either.

But yes, I would give people spare normal boxes for free if I had any, just to clarify that.

Now I understand, if you're stupid enough to buy keys without boxes then we can take advantage of you and sell you boxes you can get for free.

If you want some I can give you three for free? :)

Back