Seriously?

There are and always have been 2 kinds of 'crafter' in this game.

1. Quantity.. making items for sale, generally lowish numbers of items clicked and reliant on mu on the sales for making a profit. Can be very successful but needs a good understanding of the markets and ofc a little luck helps

2. Quality... clicking as a gamble..will you get a swirly to make your profit..maybe
will you get a high mu BP drop.. sometimes
But like all gambling it is a risk.. never a guaranteed return and the House will always win
and ofc all the shades in between these two.

Both kinds of crafting give people fun depending on their tastes, budget, patience etc but the 80%+ returns only come as a mixture of luck, (right place, right time, right BP, right multiplier) and market research and understanding. Most importantly it is over time... and MA have never given us an idea of if this is supposed to be day, week, month, decade... look how long most people wait to get their first uber

TBH play the game for fun, stay moderate in all you do and enjoy the swirlies as a bonus when they happen

There are and always have been 2 kinds of 'crafter' in this game.

1. Quantity.. making items for sale, generally lowish numbers of items clicked and reliant on mu on the sales for making a profit. Can be very successful but needs a good understanding of the markets and ofc a little luck helps

2. Quality... clicking as a gamble..will you get a swirly to make your profit..maybe
will you get a high mu BP drop.. sometimes
But like all gambling it is a risk.. never a guaranteed return and the House will always win
and ofc all the shades in between these two.

I agree that it should be that way, here's how it went this week for me:

quantity crafting ~80% for about 4k clicks
quality crafting, never once been below 91% return overall at the end of an individual run* during those 4,5k clicks

:scratch:

*click-size of a run was ~300 clicks.

prior to loot 2.0 it was:
quantity crafting: expect about 90% return in 1000 click run
quality crafting: expect about 50-80% return in 1000 click run

prior to loot 2.0 it was perfectly fine, but now, i think there's something wrong that needs to be adressed..

I agree that it should be that way, here's how it went this week for me:

quantity crafting ~80% for about 4k clicks
quality crafting, never once been below 91% return overall at the end of an individual run* during those 4,5k clicks

:scratch:

*click-size of a run was ~300 clicks.

prior to loot 2.0 it was:
quantity crafting: expect about 90% return in 1000 click run
quality crafting: expect about 50-80% return in 1000 click run

prior to loot 2.0 it was perfectly fine, but now, i think there's something wrong that needs to be adressed..

See the below post from Haruto in another thread, it shows a good distribution of how your runs can look. Perhaps do a chart like that to compare and see if it follows a similar trend. You will note there are many sub 95% returns in a row, its just how the game is and you need to budget accordingly.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?307682-The-post-HoF-Clawback-period&p=3683445&viewfull=1#post3683445

~2 kPED later, no evidence of clawback found yet:
mindec.jpg

(totals since 8-Dec (arrival on Caly))
(x axis is cumulative PED in as my runs are not of fixed size)
(there are individual runs outside chart range all the way from 30% to 2000%)

EDIT: note that it is for hunting, crafting will have a similar trend but should show lower results (same with mining).

That chart is for planetside mining. ;)
(and that jump around 7k mark is 1061 PED unamped enmatter)

But yes, the pattern is similar in all professions. This is how my crafting looked in 2014:

(fixed size runs, 200 clicks GLT if my memory serves me right)

But yes, the pattern is similar in all professions. This is how my crafting looked in 2014:

(fixed size runs, 200 clicks GLT if my memory serves me right)

that was full condition? certainly looks like it.

Full quantity I believe, I don't craft textures on condition. It was long-long ago though.

i crafted both quantity and condition back then, 60% return that often is certainly condition, which is the reason i've always crafted on quantity, back then condition crafting was just way too risky.

i crafted both quantity and condition back then, 60% return that often is certainly condition, which is the reason i've always crafted on quantity, back then condition crafting was just way too risky.

You know, there are other reasons that could account for it...perhaps using texture bp's he was not maxed on? perhaps not high enough level to use. Maybe they were small runs (no TT value on that graph). Perhaps the QR was not 100. All that can be achieved using full quantity.

Perhaps he just had really bad luck or crafted during the wrong time on those "waves" or his loot/global/luck curve did not all meet in the middle? Perhaps his tin foil hat tilted to the left while he was facing north?

But the one thing your absolutely certain of was that he crafted full condition...cause you were right next to him the whole time?

60% on a 200 click run is still possible and certainly was possible in 2014.

60% on a 200 click run is still possible and certainly was possible in 2014.

well maybe they changed it 2014/2015, just checked my account details, i've created my account in 2014, sweated for a while, took a break and then started crafting in april or so 2015.
prior to loot 2.0 it certainly wasn't possible to get 60% return on quantity, especially not that often, that would have required a 20-33% fail-rate... have you been underskilled for that BP and was it L BP? i remember L BP returns being terrible, when not maxed out. That however wasn't the case for UL BPs.

multis-jpg.14

that's an overview for loot 1.0* vs. 2.0 (nov-2017), for current, let's call it 2.1, i'll do it when doing more crafting.

*2016/2017 before loot 2.0.

that nerf in times 40 frequency did hurt the return a lot.
also changing it from 90% return near success being the majority to 25%/50% return near success made it even more volatile..

Last edited:

60% returns on quantity happen fairly often!

Not a single one below 60% doesn´t look like condition to me.

60% returns on quantity happen fairly often!

Oh yeah, with BP where you're underskilled and it shows CoS of 70% or so...
I don't see how 60% return is supposed to be possible on quantity crafting with maxed out BP.
i had 1000 click runs without 10+ multipliers on maxed out BPs and it was still 79,x% return and very far away from 60% return.

So care to tell us how you are achieving those 60% fairly often on quantity?

Not a single one below 60% doesn´t look like condition to me.

but it is, today:
1070 clicks full condition - 87,9% return - only 1 times 5 and 1 times 10 multi

Last edited:
prior to loot 2.0 it certainly wasn't possible to get 60% return on quantity, especially not that often, that would have required a 20-33% fail-rate... have you been underskilled for that BP and was it L BP? i remember L BP returns being terrible, when not maxed out. That however wasn't the case for UL BPs.

No, it's a maxed bp (generic leather texture is maxed at lvl 5 ffs), 100 qr. Do you notice cumulative line levels off at 95%?

Everything is possible if your runs are small enough. I might be wrong about 200, could as well be 100. (The .xls file is long gone, along with the HDD it resided on)

No, it's a maxed bp (generic leather texture is maxed at lvl 5 ffs), 100 qr. Do you notice cumulative line levels off at 95%?

Everything is possible if your runs are small enough. I might be wrong about 200, could as well be 100. (The .xls file is long gone, along with the HDD it resided on)

it may be true for small click-size, but in the post you've first responded to i've stated 1+k & 3000 clicks, that's the sample-size i've talked about and not a sub 250 clicks run...

Last edited:
Back