Suggestion: Add some Crystal Palace Deeds into the loot pools

Stefan 008 Bond

Dominant
Society
Mod Merps
Stefan 008 Bond
Just wondering what everyone thought of this idea... personally I think when MA included CLD in loot was one of the greatest, fairest events they had ever run.

Obviously I'm only talking about a small portion (lets say 10k) of the 500k but I really think one thing EU really needs these days is exciting things to go after in the loot pool. These deeds with their low entry price offer a very nice option for all levels...

Maybe even have them lootable for the next few years, not some big rush over a month...

In an instance event with 1k entry fee? Great idea

===
seriously though... what about making it webshop deals in some way... 1 strongbox and one deed, or 1 box key and 3 deeds or whatever?

Last edited:
I think with CLD it was a situation of circumstance. Didn't Ma sell most of the CLD deeds already but then done some deal with a big investor who didn't play EU to acquire their deeds, then offered some of those to go into the loot pool. So in essence they made their money already and was giving a little something back.

With CP it's still somewhat on the drawing board, and not one deed is sold. I would assume that MA would test the water, see how many deeds sell first. If they struggle to sell, maybe MA will use other options to move them, which 'could' include putting some in the loot pool.

If they did that though, it would make sense to put them in the CP loot pool only.

edit: besides it's not quite clear if MA have acquired CP from Buzz already or are selling it as a deed sale on behalf of Buzz. Nor do we know that even if they have acquired it from Buzz, any deal might be based on the ability to shift the deeds and therefore the price paid to Buzz might be dependent on the full success of the sale. In other words it's not as clear cut as it might first appear.

Rick

Interesting you bring up the CLD's in loot. My notes and recollections are 400 were for hunting, 200 for mining, and 240 for crafting, for a total of 840 deeds. They were looted as numbered tokens and each one counted as a discovery.

For a long time they were dropping, starting in May of 2012, but the last one dropped in August of 2014, and none have dropped since. It seems clear that the undiscovered deeds were removed from loot. EL shows only 311 of the 400 hunting tokens discovered, 197 of 200 mining, and 148 of 240 crafting. We all know EL misses things, but I find it hard to believe they missed close to 200 discoveries.

At the time, I was cooperating with the OP, as it was clear that the deeds were assigned to specific mobs - the numbers on the deeds corresponded with the alphabetical names of the mobs (with most mobs having 4 deeds to drop) so as more were discovered you could get an idea as to which mobs still had deeds. It was good fun, although I still never looted one.

I moved to Toulan, and had not paid much attention things on Caly for a while, but was doing some research on discoveries when I noticed the abrupt stop to deeds dropping, and the missing discoveries. There was never any announcement that I am aware of, but I had expected the drops to continue, with decreasing frequency, for quite some time. What happened MA?

All that said, It would be cool to have deeds in loot again.

Peace, Miles

You realize that the CP deeds are Buzz SELLING the land area right? So you saying "throw some in the loot pool" is basically just telling Buzz to take a $10,000 bath just so people are able to loot some deeds rather than pay him directly for the deeds.

I suppose one option would be for him to run some events on CP (for the first time EVER) in which CP deeds are awarded to people as prizes. Could possibly even make more money from taxes than the deeds given out are worth.

I am under the impression MA is set to make some scratch for facilitating the sale, I believe I read that in Buzz's statement.. so of course I am referring to the portion MA is set to take in.. sorry for the confusion, I would never advocate taking anything from Buzz....

Yeah Miles, we had a fun time tracking those CLD drops, most never noticed that they never all dropped, but some us did eh? (I wasn't going to open that can of worms lol)

I'm going to add a quote from Buzz's post to show what I am referring to:

"Mindark would be taking care of the deeds, sale and everything they need to do in order to implement and make this a reality. They have valued CP and they will share the sale revenue in order to accommodate this change and costs associated with such an endeavor. "

I hope that helps clear things up..

I'm going to add a quote from Buzz's post to show what I am referring to:

"Mindark would be taking care of the deeds, sale and everything they need to do in order to implement and make this a reality. They have valued CP and they will share the sale revenue in order to accommodate this change and costs associated with such an endeavor. "

I hope that helps clear things up..

I see... well it's an interesting idea but I doubt they will go for it lol

Back