Suggestion: Bounty Hunter!

Jamesmynott

Provider
Society
Entropia Discord
Monkey_D JM9 Luffy
Who would be interested in a bounty system, where you can place bounties on any player which makes them attackable in any area but not lootable.

Would Costs something small like 1PED to post the bounty, killer who deals the final killing blow claims the bounty fee

Bounty fee doubles each time and reduces 24 hours after each post

There would be a notice “A bounty has been put on your head, prepare yourself!” With a 1 min timer before you can be attacked

New daily HOF board for daily and ATH highest bounty claims

Could even replace outdated oil rig and instead every hour MA could use the saved oil TT to put a bounty of 5/10/50PED (random amount) on the head of a random player.

While bounty is active a cycle on maps would be put around the area of the bounted player, not showing their positio, but instead the rough area.

Think a bounty hunter profession could be fun in entropia? What changes or additions to the above would need to be made/added?

Thanks for reading, laterz!

Last edited:
Who would be interested in a bounty system, where you can place bounties on any player which makes them attackable in any area but not lootable.

Would Costs something small like 0.05 to post the bounty, killer who deals the final killing blow claims the bounty fee

Bounty fee doubles each time and reduces 24 hours after each post

There would be a notice “A bounty has been put on your head, prepare yourself!” With a 1 min timer before you can be attacked

New daily HOF board for daily and ATH highest bounty claims

Could even replace outdated oil rig and instead every hour MA could use the saved oil TT to put a bounty of 5/10/50PED (random amount) on the head of a random player.

While bounty is active a cycle on maps would be put around the area of the bounted player, not showing their positio, but instead the rough area.

Think a bounty hunter profession could be fun in entropia? What changes or additions to the above would need to be made/added?

Thanks for reading, laterz!
Easy to exploit. So has no sense . Imagine somebody hiding in a hidden place for ever. Or imagine this guy talking with somebody to kill him and split winnings. For this to have a logic should be implemented in LG where a guy who makes 10 kills in a row gets automatically bounty , and who kill him take the 50 ped (for example ) prize , if this guy doesn’t die till next LG the bounty get double and so on . Can be a idee but only in LG mode . And way more better thinked.
Regards

I see a few problems with that.

The harassment potential is huge and so long lasting (after all you could be attacked at any time) that it would put even the worst animal control pill users to shame.

For just 1ped spent you can effectivly shut down any event that requires support staff.

Don't like that someone outfarms you in a shared mayhem instance, public event mob hunt or anywhere realy? ... well for one ped you can screw that guy over.

Or how about putting a bounty on the most active healers in the fap channel ... that should improve things a lot. :)

Don't like someone underbidding your travel service or maybe you just want to kill off all the resellers in twin peaks?

One ped and it's a free for all.

I am sure people would come up with a lot more ways to use and abuse that system in no time.

The only way i see this working is if both sides (hunter and hunted) have to sign up ... but at that point you basically just have a duel system/planetwide pvp zone.

Very bad idea, some people avoid all PvP in this game, with your bounty system nobody would be save anywhere!
And just 1 PED to anoy non PvPers. No thanks.

Limit the option of bounty setting to situation when you get killed in PvP, so you have option to place a bounty onto the PKer who killed you.

Then it is a nice idea to flag PKers into PvP whereever they are.

That could be useful to revenge for spacepirating or people who shoot into the ring ones to do a kill and run off.

On the other side its also fairly useless, simply because a PKer who got a huge bounty on him, simply can ask a friend to kill him and share the bounty collected.

At the end its fairly useless.

I wonder if it does ever occur to the OP that people who wouldn't like this newfangled contraption would use it only to place bounties on him.

It wouldn’t be 1PED, that would be the first time the person is posted,

Next time it would be 2 PED
Then 4
Then 8
Then 16

After 5 deaths it would cost the person 32 to post you again, I think after a while they would stop lol at least till it resets after 24 hours.

I think there should be a rewards for successful defending yourself also, like if you kill 5 attackers the bounty is over and you get the reward yourself

No, you just don't want this in a RCE

are you a reincarnation of that asshole from a few years ago that use to pk n00bs at every tp in Amethera just to get a bunch of kills in a row?

There's some thread about it from way back when if anyone wants to dig deep enough.

are you a reincarnation of that asshole from a few years ago that use to pk n00bs at every tp in Amethera just to get a bunch of kills in a row?

There's some thread about it from way back when if anyone wants to dig deep enough.

Wasn’t me, wasn’t here few years ago. Plus it’s not about picking on noobs, why would someone spend 1 PED posting someone they don’t know. I believe we should all go out of our way to help new players, they are the game future.

It’s about making the game more “fun” even in a real cash economy it can’t be about profit and loss all the time can it?. If it’s about making a profit all the time why are you playing EU? Get a 2ed job.

I just feel if your hunting and an alert comes up saying a 16PED bounty has been placed on a near by player’s head I have the choice to go for it or not. The player who’s killed, it’s only temporary they don’t lose anything from dying.

But your aganst it and that’s fine, nothing wrong with a debate at the end of the day, I’m not thinking “what will put off new players” but instead “what do people external From the game like” and many games do have this kind feature so there has to be some market attraction to it

It’s about making the game more “fun” even in a real cash economy it can’t be about profit and loss all the time can it?. If it’s about making a profit all the time why are you playing EU? Get a 2ed job.
Suggestion - try doing Zombie Kong when folks try to get together to do it. Did it last night for about half an hour and had probably 'more fun' than I've had in this game in a while in those few enjoyable moments, watching a lot of players work together as a team to take down the big guy.

Last personal memory of enjoyment I can remember like that was back in ancient days when mobs would overrun Zychion Citadel and Mindark had to bring out the big guns to clear a path to the tp so folks could get out of there. It was like watching a war zone.

I do agree with you, pvp could be fun... would love to see them do more with the whole fort thing (which is low cost pvp type stuff)... or maybe with the little pvp zones... maybe do some sort of special events. We have instances now, and some bugs/features have shown us that shared instances are possible with the game engine (even if Mindark didn't intend them to always be shared - still funny that some avatars got in to my solo bar instances on Rocktropia a few years back.)... a pvp shared instance... 'king of the hill' or capture the flag, etc. type thing could be interesting. Could even add in some random factor... the event system has some potential too, check out some player run events some time. The system they use for that does need some improvement, but some players know how to work within the parameters that it allows to do some cool events from time to time.

Ironically, somewhere in the wishlist section there is another suggestion for a bounty hunter type idea, but it's not where a player makes suggestion of who the bounty goes on, the hunted would actually establish that status themselves since the tag for who was hunted would be initiated when they killed another avatar, especially in space... now something like that that implements your idea could be interesting... since it'd not be so much about bullying others, more about community coming together to stop thieves. Maybe use the same 'logoff expands the status' programming that's behind the buffs where they have to be hunted x amount of time for each kill, time length increases and bounty increases with each kill they do until they are killed... and make it so that that simply logging off doesn't stop the timer, similar to how buff system works, where you have buff for x amount of time, but logoff doesn't stop the time, just pauses it.

Last edited:
The player who’s killed, it’s only temporary they don’t lose anything from dying.

The player who was killed would lose both time and money.

seems like a system purely for harassing someone, can the hunted player fight back? does he have anything to gain from fighting back or just wasting ammo,armor decay and fap decay?

Last edited:
Back