PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21
    Elite wizz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    Brabant
    Avatar
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    3,225
    Images
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by jambon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would say your suggestions would have more of a positive impact if you left out the first half of your post talking yourself up. All it serves to do is form a disconnect with everyone before you even get to your point. Nobody likes someone that talks themselves up and as such I would wager most people aren't even reading your post past the first few lines.
    ?

    I thought about what you said. but, what if...

    What if he really is that genius?
    In that case he would lie if he would claim otherwise.

    What if he is a genius and you all simply don't understand him because he's thinking at levels beyond your imaginations?
    Ever thought about that?
    Probably not, since you're obviously not a genius. So you can't be blamed.

    And I can relate to that. Happens to me all the the time. Nobody ever understands me



    But, NN, after reading the second halve of your text, I will vote for you the next president of entropia elections! I think that completely understand you mate!
    wi

  2. #22
    Elite trance's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Old Switzerland
    Avatar
    hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Posts
    4,069
    Images
    202
    *First of all, I’ll be the first to let you know, that if it were me running the show, I’d add a new game engine.*

    Do you remember the pain, if MA changed to the current engine. As a RL game developer i can say changing an engine is absolutly not a easy task. In mostz cases it need to start from scratsh to build the game. You may can use some of the content (most 3D Models like buildings and environmental stuff like trees and plants). But the most work hour using part is almost to build the player system, to code the MMO server system for traveling between all the different servers. The current engine is old, but not bad. The current engine can do all the things you want change, so there is no need to use a new engine.

    It more needs more love for gamedesign of MA, to get a better look, like fix the bad used LOD, wrong textures or bad made materials. Also some models dont fit the floor right, and some waterfals are just in the air placed and noting is there around. It dont need a new engine, just more love to what they are doing, like it was in old days.

    We all know the big desaster we had, if they changed the engine, and we missed a lot for ages, Landowners got new lands with a different look as it was, and maybe not longer flat as it was, etc. So change the engine is one of the badest thing ever can be done. I know from what i discuss, about i had the fun to change a game from an other engine to Unreal Engine. We had to start from scratch to build our MMO. Some years of developing was lost.

    A game idea is one point, but technicaly making that idea working is an other story.

  3. #23
    Stalker Naverith's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Idaho, US
    Avatar
    Acoomba Naverith Rafael
    Society
    Dark Knights
    Posts
    2,312
    Images
    88
    Even the tiniest dogs' bark can sound intimidating.

    Instead of tooting your own horn (due to the fact no one else will), how about you posting links to show your many accomplishments?

    Give us mere mortals a treat. Let us see what gives you such a big head, and then maybe we can worship you as the diety you claim to be.
    Last edited by Naverith; 01-08-2019 at 23:37.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huh, where did he say "lets make entropia great again!"?
    Or, "planet calypso first!"?
    There seems to be a lot of "stable genius" in there.
    Xen Shop Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Halloween Strongbox | FEN Token Gold | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) t1.9 | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) t1.7 | Merry Mayhem 12 Shin Guards (M) t2.7 | Athenic Ring Adjusted | Artemic Ring Perfected | Hermetic Ring Augmented | Dominax Original Boiga Adjusted

  5. #25

  6. #26
    Prowler jambon's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Ottawa
    Avatar
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Posts
    1,304
    Images
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by The NN 1977 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess the real question is this then, why do you think I made the introduction?
    I will tell you, on other forums they asked for this info in order to stop bad mouthing me, and so I think that is why I've chosen to elaborate myself, atleast now people think twice before messing with me.

    See you around Jambon.
    Why do I think you made the introduction? I'm sure narcissism has something to do with it.

    I was just gently trying to say that in the future maybe not lead with the "I'm a genius that's so educated that you should all respect me because I tell you to" card. First impressions are key and something like that can really turn people off no matter how good your suggestions afterward may be.

    On this forum, if you've got a suggestion for the devs, just post it. No one is going to ask you for credentials that makes you qualified to have an opinion about a game. lol


    Watching The End Of The Universe Since 2010...

  7. #27
    Slayer GoNi's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Calypso, Sakura City
    Avatar
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Posts
    7,413
    Images
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i had the fun to change a game from an other engine to Unreal Engine. We had to start from scratch to build our MMO. Some years of developing was lost.
    May I ask what game that was?
    PM would be nice.

  8. #28

    Here you go.

    Quote Originally Posted by thee pepe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @NN How old are you?
    I am 41 year old.

  9. #29

    Forgetfulness huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by jambon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do I think you made the introduction? I'm sure narcissism has something to do with it.

    I was just gently trying to say that in the future maybe not lead with the "I'm a genius that's so educated that you should all respect me because I tell you to" card. First impressions are key and something like that can really turn people off no matter how good your suggestions afterward may be.

    On this forum, if you've got a suggestion for the devs, just post it. No one is going to ask you for credentials that makes you qualified to have an opinion about a game. lol
    I guess its only fair to point out then, that other beings but humans are browsing these forums, in fact demonic extra terrestrials that are out to sabotage and undermine me, are here to do what ever they find nescesary in order to sabotage or ruin ones reputation, I told you my reasons and who I am up against. Now please think before you speak, the very same ET's that i've mentioned here, attempted to make mirrage out of katy perry.
    Ask yourself therefore, what it means to be at war with the devil?

    Sincerely: The NN.

  10. #30
    Stalker Captain Jack's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Arkadia
    Avatar
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    cB Crimson Blades
    Posts
    2,072
    Images
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by The NN 1977 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess its only fair to point out then, that other beings but humans are browsing these forums, in fact demonic extra terrestrials that are out to sabotage and undermine me, are here to do what ever they find nescesary in order to sabotage or ruin ones reputation, I told you my reasons and who I am up against. Now please think before you speak, the very same ET's that i've mentioned here, attempted to make mirrage out of katy perry.
    Ask yourself therefore, what it means to be at war with the devil?

    Sincerely: The NN.
    There is only one person ruining your reputation here mate.
    Skill Evader and Looter professions fast!
    Mutated Beladoth: 61.68 TT of Athletics (repeatable).
    Mutated Otorugi: 54.35 TT Alertness (repeatable).
    Both mobs available in good density at Songkra Valley. Damage: Cut/Stab/Impact.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook