PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What do do about players who ruin the game, but never get punished.

I'm specifically referring to people who do things like wait for someone to shoot a mob in non-pvp zones, then steal the mob. If I report them and nothing ever happens and they are consistently doing it again, then what sort of action can be taken? This type of shit ruins a lot of new players experiences, and new players are crucial to keeping the game alive. It pisses me off when I know people are ruining the game, but I can't do anything about it, so I'm looking for creative suggestions on how to deal with people like this.

Also, when I see this type of behavior, I just report and move on because the type of people who generally do this seem to enjoy the idea that they have annoyed someone/ made someone have a bad time. Is never saying anything to them and just reporting the right course of action, or is there a better way to handle it?

same thing happening on cyrene atm w/ weak paneleon, people try to kill, but then some turd runs up w/ massive damage and steals the kill away from them.

really frustrating for a lot of folks.

Old Alpha
    Aurisk Morey Kenbi
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Easy solution would be to lock the mob to the person who deals dmg first for a min or something.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by morey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Easy solution would be to lock the mob to the person who deals dmg first for a min or something.
    Even worse, as then this guys could run around shoot all the mobs 1 time with a rubio to get them tagged and wait for someone coming who does not know it and do the kill for them.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    They do it more than once, mob train em, or get a bigger gun and do the same thing to them. That's one small reason it's a good idea to have both big and small damage weapons. (Also why it's a good idea to have a grenade launcher on you at all times as they are a good way to start up a mob train among other uses)

A better option, may just be to take up mining and crafting as a secondary hobby. When the individual shows up, simply start dropping probes til they are gone.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 01-08-2019 at 11:38.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Captain Cereal Crunch
    I thought you have to shoot half the energy down so that one of the mob belongs to you? Just shooting one time with the rubio, how can it works?

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    Make a screenshot and report the dude to Mindark. If they get enought info about that dude, they will warn or bann him.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Randy Hypnotyk Bafia
    Society
    discord.gg/bdDeqtn
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by morey View Post
    Some guy would run around with a rocket launcher, tag a shit ton of mobs, and then kill the group in peace. It would be a disaster

Account Created 2005-01-19

Mike KingMike007 Hussey
    Society
    AoC 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by lethal View Post
    I'm specifically referring to people who do things like wait for someone to shoot a mob in non-pvp zones, then steal the mob
    So you think doing the same inside pvp zone is alright ?

Old Alpha
    Aurisk Morey Kenbi
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNi View Post
    Even worse, as then this guys could run around shoot all the mobs 1 time with a rubio to get them tagged and wait for someone coming who does not know it and do the kill for them.
    Lol I guess there's a way to abuse anything. Maybe only 1 mob locked to a player a time?

So.
    First person to deal dmg locks the mob to them. (other ppl can't dmg it)
    Max of 1 mob locked

Is that better

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast