What do do about players who ruin the game, but never get punished.

lethal

Prowler
lethal jewgirl saint
I'm specifically referring to people who do things like wait for someone to shoot a mob in non-pvp zones, then steal the mob. If I report them and nothing ever happens and they are consistently doing it again, then what sort of action can be taken? This type of shit ruins a lot of new players experiences, and new players are crucial to keeping the game alive. It pisses me off when I know people are ruining the game, but I can't do anything about it, so I'm looking for creative suggestions on how to deal with people like this.

Also, when I see this type of behavior, I just report and move on because the type of people who generally do this seem to enjoy the idea that they have annoyed someone/ made someone have a bad time. Is never saying anything to them and just reporting the right course of action, or is there a better way to handle it?

same thing happening on cyrene atm w/ weak paneleon, people try to kill, but then some turd runs up w/ massive damage and steals the kill away from them.

really frustrating for a lot of folks.

Easy solution would be to lock the mob to the person who deals dmg first for a min or something.

Easy solution would be to lock the mob to the person who deals dmg first for a min or something.

Even worse, as then this guys could run around shoot all the mobs 1 time with a rubio to get them tagged and wait for someone coming who does not know it and do the kill for them.

They do it more than once, mob train em, or get a bigger gun and do the same thing to them. That's one small reason it's a good idea to have both big and small damage weapons. (Also why it's a good idea to have a grenade launcher on you at all times as they are a good way to start up a mob train among other uses)

A better option, may just be to take up mining and crafting as a secondary hobby. When the individual shows up, simply start dropping probes til they are gone.

Last edited:
I thought you have to shoot half the energy down so that one of the mob belongs to you? Just shooting one time with the rubio, how can it works?

Make a screenshot and report the dude to Mindark. If they get enought info about that dude, they will warn or bann him.

Some guy would run around with a rocket launcher, tag a shit ton of mobs, and then kill the group in peace. It would be a disaster

I'm specifically referring to people who do things like wait for someone to shoot a mob in non-pvp zones, then steal the mob

So you think doing the same inside pvp zone is alright ?

Even worse, as then this guys could run around shoot all the mobs 1 time with a rubio to get them tagged and wait for someone coming who does not know it and do the kill for them.

Lol I guess there's a way to abuse anything. Maybe only 1 mob locked to a player a time?

So.
First person to deal dmg locks the mob to them. (other ppl can't dmg it)
Max of 1 mob locked

Is that better

Lol I guess there's a way to abuse anything. Maybe only 1 mob locked to a player a time?

So.
Max of 1 mob locked

Is that better

Cant agree more this is what we need :)

So.
Max of 1 mob locked

Is that better

Please no, we all know how Mindark will implement this (ex. loot claimed bug).

If it really is a problem, report the player.

Saying something like "don't do that please", and not acting like a c**t, has always worked for me.

Please no, we all know how Mindark will implement this (ex. loot claimed bug).

If it really is a problem, report the player.

i have reported. and i am told to leave the area because the other player is stealing my kills. pretty epic.

I reported someone for this very action ~10 years ago and support told me they banned/suspended him.

I wonder if they still do that? :laugh:

i have reported. and i am told to leave the area because the other player is stealing my kills. pretty epic.

I think support gave you nice suggestion dont hunt around d***heads . Find different spawn and enjoy your hunt dont ruin your day by those d***heads :)

I was shooting @ young daikiba with my small gun.
Trying to complete my daily mission cost efficiently.
Suddenly, one player shown up and kill it with her BIG gun.
"Opsss, it was an accident..." she said.

What to do?

I was shooting @ young daikiba with my small gun.
Trying to complete my daily mission cost efficiently.
Suddenly, one player shown up and kill it with her BIG gun.
"Opsss, it was an accident..." she said.

What to do?

umm... believe her? With auto-aim, these things happen once a fortnight... if the person says sorry and doesn't do it again, let it be.

If someone does it on purpose, and doesn't listen to polite ranting, well, report the person and move to another spot for hunting for a little while.

It starts for me....how i can report somebody :)

Chat with him and ask him politely to let it be. Take a screenshot. Dont forget timestamp and location!
Continue your hunt, and if he does it again, take another screenshot.
Open support case, add screenshots.
Descripe the issue and support can check logs and take steps.

Just reporting without screenshots and exact game time, would mean to much work for support to check the issue.

I have had this issue with a player too.
I reported him together with a total of 21 screenshots, I never saw this player ever again.

Dont know if he received a perm ban or just a temp ban.
Cant remember his name to check if he is still a registered player, cant care less.

EU reallly does not need such bully behavior!

umm... believe her? With auto-aim, these things happen once a fortnight... if the person says sorry and doesn't do it again, let it be.

If someone does it on purpose, and doesn't listen to polite ranting, well, report the person and move to another spot for hunting for a little while.

Well..... you have just created an education to guide players, "How to KS and get away without being caught ?".

Excuses are still excuses. Sorries are so easy to say, just use your keyboard, " S-O-R-R-Y "or I'm just kidding with you :cool:

I did my part perfectly, lose a bit of peds, got bullied, ignored, life move on... What is the point you get angry ? or complaining ? At the end, you will ended up getting rude and a bad person.

So my next question for you >>>>> How you deal with these SUPER POLITE KS-er ?

Someone suggest to lock the target mobs to the 1st shooter and I agreed. It's a good suggestion!

Options

You have options.
(1) Out dps the douche til s/he moves on. I have found that with the kill stealers with the worst attitudes, I only have to out dps them on one kill, then they are gone before I can reload... funny thing that.
(2) Hunt somewhere else. It works.
(3) Talk with them. They may, like me, be tapping Select Next Target and Toggle Auto through a few hundred overly easy kills while chattering nonstop in Rookie and not looking at their hunt. Shared Loot mobs solve this issue partway.
(4) Support case (with screenshots and exact timestamp) if the KSer continues a while and does not respond to using your words. Some of this type of gamer do exist.

I just have to say... she said oops sorry? Maybe that was the truth. :wise:

Sorry what ? Just pay the $.

Some guys love to buy drinks for all the girls in bar. Definitely, not me :cool:

Sorry what ? Just pay the $.

Some guys love to buy drinks for all the girls in bar. Definitely, not me :cool:

Accidently shooting at the same mobs isn't uncommon. I've had it be done to me, and done it myself too. Not afraid to admit. As is already said, it can happen with next target and auto shoot. Suddenly you see 'you' taking a 180 degrees turn and shoot at someone else's mob.

How to know it's a mistake?
I say sorry and move away from the other player. Sometimes give him a heal too if I see he's low on health.
Paying for such a mistake isn't neccesary. Most mobs give less then it costs to kill too, so what do you expect?

How to know it's a killstealer?
They throw abuse at you like "skill some more noob!" and keep close to you.

silly op. players can't ruin the game. only lack of funds can

I've had a problem like this though, once. Made me angry enough to submit a report (nothing noticeable happened though)

but what Ardorj said above is completely right

Accidently shooting at the same mobs isn't uncommon. I've had it be done to me, and done it myself too. Not afraid to admit. As is already said, it can happen with next target and auto shoot. Suddenly you see 'you' taking a 180 degrees turn and shoot at someone else's mob.

How to know it's a mistake?
I say sorry and move away from the other player. Sometimes give him a heal too if I see he's low on health.
Paying for such a mistake isn't neccesary. Most mobs give less then it costs to kill too, so what do you expect?

How to know it's a killstealer?
They throw abuse at you like "skill some more noob!" and keep close to you.

Here comes my reply and don't blame me.

Who cares about your reasoning or excusing. You sounded to guiding players what is KS and what is isn't ? Or it there a such things called bad KS, extreme bad KS, polite KS, innocent KS or your so called SO-SORRY KS ?

Who cares.........................................................:cool:

I am here to read and discuss. Important points taken and good suggestion is to make the target mob bind to the 1st shooter. Safe and sound. Fair and Square.

So funny, that people reply me and trying to tell me, "Don't blame me, it's not my faults" I experienced before.... It's common..... blah blah blah Are trying to teach a moral class here?

You don't like what I suggest and agree? Then, we make something like Driving Point System. Deduct 3 points for whatever you shoot (whether right or wrong, KS or not KS). Till your points go negative, "RED" in your avatar name. Then, come back to forum here to explain who are you, how nice you are, and what went wrong was not your fault. Something is wrong with the Point System. It's unfair.

I don't get ? or I am wrong of saying it ?

People are so serious about this RCE. It's RCE, u know... everything counts and yet they can turn back and tell you, relax, don't worry, it's just a game. WOW

I've determined that the reason MA looks the other way about this dooshbaggery by pirates, thieves and cutthroat resellers is because it's an effective way of redirecting angry player vitriol. They could actually do much better to fix the bugs and communicate with the players but they seem to excel at wrong choices. Again on the other hand perhaps the new CEO is unaware of this issue since his support case screening crew files the support cases before he gets to see them. Players wouldn't hate on them if they felt like their issues were being dealt with properly(Maybe. Here's crying over a pirate-less moon).

Here comes my reply and don't blame me.

Who cares about your reasoning or excusing. You sounded to guiding players what is KS and what is isn't ? Or it there a such things called bad KS, extreme bad KS, polite KS, innocent KS or your so called SO-SORRY KS ?

Who cares.........................................................:cool:

I am here to read and discuss. Important points taken and good suggestion is to make the target mob bind to the 1st shooter. Safe and sound. Fair and Square.

So funny, that people reply me and trying to tell me, "Don't blame me, it's not my faults" I experienced before.... It's common..... blah blah blah Are trying to teach a moral class here?

You don't like what I suggest and agree? Then, we make something like Driving Point System. Deduct 3 points for whatever you shoot (whether right or wrong, KS or not KS). Till your points go negative, "RED" in your avatar name. Then, come back to forum here to explain who are you, how nice you are, and what went wrong was not your fault. Something is wrong with the Point System. It's unfair.

I don't get ? or I am wrong of saying it ?

People are so serious about this RCE. It's RCE, u know... everything counts and yet they can turn back and tell you, relax, don't worry, it's just a game. WOW
We're partly reacting to your tone. More discuss, less disgust. I don't see discussion happening here, I see you trying to dictate and the rest pushing back.

I see just all kinds of issues with the solutions you've offered. Bottom line is, maybe it was a mistake, humans make those. Maybe not. If the other hunter follows you around, then there's a problem.

We're partly reacting to your tone. More discuss, less disgust. I don't see discussion happening here, I see you trying to dictate and the rest pushing back.

Do me a favor.
Take a mirror, take a look and tell that to yourself too ya :cool:

Back