PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 280
  1. #41
    Old Alpha
    Joined
    Apr 2013
    Avatar
    Aurisk Morey Kenbi
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    796
    Images
    48
    Thank you for a beautifully written post.


    - EU definitely have similarities to a bank, but it's so very different.

    - Successful & Failed projects are part of what's needed in a company's long term evolution. As long as they are learning and growing from them. This iterative process is what keeps businesses on the leading edge.

    - Loot 2.0 is simpler to understand and most importantly, more fair. It's definitely the right way to go. Profits went down in that year for this shift, but it's a good move long term. Things shouldn't always be looked at from a purely accountant-type perspective.

    - If most people were to withdraw from EU all at once, of course that would cause problems. This is a problem to any modern bank if it happens to them too. There's a term for it: "run on the bank". We bank on that not happening . ...

  2. #42
    Elite SuperKanjo's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Holland
    Avatar
    Janko SuperKanjo vd Haak
    Society
    Kaos
    Posts
    3,713
    Images
    413
    I agree on other's that the points highlighted by the OP seems biased and no other points that might tell a more positive story are taken in consideration. What is the purpose of this threat, what does the OP want to achieve?

    EU is no bank, but it's also different from normal game developers. The involvement of players in EU is on a total other level compared to "normal" game developers. There have always been negative words around this game, but they still are going.

    I think they made some great steps in the right direction;
    • Loot 2.0
    • Armatrix series (that helps get the economy going again, certain things have markup again)
    • Let go of side projects like Compet and Crypto


    There is a lot that need to be done still, but in my opinion this game is going in the right direction and Mindark focusing on the game more. There is old items and systems that need to get rid of, that will hurt some but in longterm that will be good.
    Account Created 2006-03-03

  3. #43
    Dominant
    Joined
    Feb 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    France / Romania
    Avatar
    MORFOC AS SERBAN
    Society
    AF-RFC
    Posts
    467
    Images
    52
    you have summarized the financial point of the thing and you have it very well written. thank you for this analysis.
    it does not do very well with the sale of CP which is equivalent to some of your comments.

    I do not like this type of analysis for a game, but in recent years, it really reflects what it has become this "game" now, it's rather trader game or money laundering.
    Born in Jason Centre in 2003
    Ghost Vagabond in 2017
    14 years of loot TT

  4. #44
    A lot to read, and I'm not even sure why you are writing these essays, but still interesting.

    One point about salary data; personnel costs are not pure salary. I'm not positive about Sweden, but at least for most US companies each employee costs usually around 1.5x their base salary due to taxes and benefits - it's probably higher in a socialist country. This would put the average MA salary at around the 45-50k USD mark, given even distribution, which of course it is not. Considering upper management will earn quite a bit more than the rest of the staff, it's safe to assume MA is paying under market rate for given positions.

    Unfortunately there's no Glassdoor data to show, other than this kind of hilarious employee review:

    Pros

    There are no reasons to work at mindark, worst place ever.

    Cons

    Management is a joke, if they cared less about employees, they'd break records.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsout Gunsout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And before you say it was taken from "TODAYS" loot pool, let me shut you up with a dick punch. WHOMP. It wasnt.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by RickEngland View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well things have moved on. This FEN event and MM has been a great success I think, and for FEN items that are ‘priced right’ players have deposited to buy them and tier them….and most importantly use them. Based upon what I’ve seen, activity on Caly has been pretty upbeat.

    Sometimes I get a little frustrated at items being unrealistically priced, but it will settles down in the end. I just wish some people would recognise the market and dynamics have changed. It’s not 2006 anymore for pricing stuff.

    Anyway pull out your credit card and go shoot some stuff. I’m not saying it’s all roses, personally I think the Compet situation and Ark Moon is pretty sad, but I’ve got a spring in my step at the moment…..feeling positive for 2019.

    Rick
    I agree that things are looking up based on improvements to events and CLD payouts during them. In a couple of places I've found myself asking "What's happening here and what is the activity driver behind it?". I'm assuming some people have found a secret or two, but I've not been clever enough (or done the right activity) to have worked it out yet.

    "Trust" does not appear to have reached Ark Moon yet, or 'clever activities' have not been enabled there yet. Personally, I was very turned off by running around stupid building layouts which appeared to be simply cosmetic but gave me no impression of a building designed for anything. But I digress - more and more it is deed payouts which can show if things are succeeding in turnover or not, and we saw that extremely clearly before ComPet collapsed.

    Deed prices are fairly stable, so I assume trust is fine for most people too! I will await the CP deeds with interest.

  6. #46
    Alpha livius's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Germany
    Avatar
    Livius Beyond Godlike
    Society
    Skyfall
    Posts
    616
    Images
    28
    Well written thread, with trust it seems to go in the right way , seems , maybe they focus Moreno. Game and stop doing stupid investments, second... I don’t know I need to say I agree with Divinity , you cannot compare it with a bank. For many reasons.
    What needs MA to do more ? To be trustworthy, I can say I have a lack of trust even if I deposit, and I’m not like spacejanitor waiting a ATH to say this game is for real. Lol , I know it’s for real , but... it’s a bit in the middle that i don’t want to talk about it or share it .
    Bam ! I’m out !

  7. #47
    Guardian
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Corwin The Prince
    Posts
    226
    Images
    24
    i did not really understand, was it a good or a bad post? does he really know how to read financial sheet? cuz i dont, i just deposit and kill and then withdraw, so far it worked......
    As my expierience says, and believe me i can say, players scares me more than mindark, and you posting that are basically convincing me to do the opposite of what u intend me to. lovely paranoia

  8. #48
    Elite RickEngland's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2011
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Essex England UK
    Avatar
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Posts
    3,928
    Images
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsina View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree that things are looking up based on improvements to events and CLD payouts during them. In a couple of places I've found myself asking "What's happening here and what is the activity driver behind it?". I'm assuming some people have found a secret or two, but I've not been clever enough (or done the right activity) to have worked it out yet.

    "Trust" does not appear to have reached Ark Moon yet, or 'clever activities' have not been enabled there yet. Personally, I was very turned off by running around stupid building layouts which appeared to be simply cosmetic but gave me no impression of a building designed for anything. But I digress - more and more it is deed payouts which can show if things are succeeding in turnover or not, and we saw that extremely clearly before ComPet collapsed.

    Deed prices are fairly stable, so I assume trust is fine for most people too! I will await the CP deeds with interest.
    I feel a definitive plan is place that in management talk is gradually "positioning" the game in staged adjustment.
    In other words I actually believe this time MA have a workable plan, and are carefully phasing this in and monitoring changes.

    First came loot 2 which is supposed to prolong our peds hunting etc, now come the items to back up loot 2 to improve your longevity even more.

    What's quite interesting I think, is that MA have recognised that the game can't continue in the same way it did before, where everyone constantly struggles while a small group of the player base increasingly get stronger and stronger at the top. It worked while there were tons of middle players, but the game wasn't attracting enough numbers to keep that pyramid style sustainable.

    Actually I'm quite surprised. When the CEO said he spoke to his staff and "listened" and is now taking action, I thought yeah yeah yeah more fluff and whistles......but I now believe he's speaking the truth.

    This is why we now have exceptional efficiency weapons at lower levels. Quite a shock to all I'd imagine, but guess what...I truly love it. Because on a personal level all of us have got a chance to survive "so we want to be here".

    I think there's going to be tones of new stuff coming with lovely stats at all levels. This is why I think 15K - 20K is enough to buy items (if not lucky enough to loot it), because I'd imagine there's going to be lot more items coming that make us excited again

    To be honest I'd rather have lots of wonderful things to play with, than care if its worth 50K ped. Lets play the damn game …..smiles.


    Cool ehhh.


    Rick
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

  9. #49
    Guardian yeeck's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    yee yeeck ck
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_player View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread contains some references to my previous thread: To click or not to click? The veteran new player experience.
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...yer-experience


    Unpolished diamond, polished dice - Trust


    It will not be a serious exaggeration to say that first-world modern economy model is based on trust. Educated societies are fully aware that money they deposited in the bank are not fully covered, money flows, and no bank can guarantee withdrawal of all the financial resources for all participants at the same time. Bank just simply does not have this money. The exchange ratio between gold and US dollar (so-called Gold Standard) is gone since its abandonment in 1933. That is why so-called “run on banks” is the biggest nightmare in the world of banking – best latest example could be 2012 Cyprus banking crisis. Lack of trust can ruin every economy. Nowadays, the paper you carry in your wallet represents the value of items that can be bought on the market. Technically, it is nothing more than a piece of paper. What makes it a legal tender is you trust. Trust backed by central banks and governments – institutions that supposedly guarantee that piece of papers and chipped plastic in your wallet have real value and can be exchanged to some goods.....


    Nice write up.
    [Just sit back and watch who is the defenders of MA / EU]
    To be fair, I would not want to make too much stories-link or assumptions.

  10. #50
    Guardian yeeck's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    yee yeeck ck
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhereg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another thing I find particularly problematic is the fact that the OP is suggesting that the game's viability is based on player trust, then proceeds to undermine that trust by writing a somewhat alarmist, negatively biased article, as if purposefully trying to cause a 'run on the banks'.

    Again, who is the OP and why is he doing this? We need more information. Is he a competitor to MA? A grumpy player MA banned? Who knows.


    Well, let's look at this way... it has been same old players talking/defending with positive comments on MA/EU prospects. Definitely, you can see who are them... and they are players playing the game too.

    Haven't you have some comment on that? Do you see what I see? I am sure, it's nothing special but commonly normally trust has always being an issue.

    Who cares about competitors or enemies of MA.....

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook