PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 17 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 283
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FYI

    MINDARK'S LIABILITY TOWARDS YOU SHALL, IF ACKNOWLEDGED, IN EACH INCIDENCE BE LIMITED TO NO MORE THAN THE TOTAL AMOUNT TRANSFERRED INTO THE INVOLVED ACCOUNT BY SAID PARTICIPANT UNDER SIX MONTHS PERIOD PRIOR TO THE INCIDENT.
    Thank you for this, it has just caused 180 degrees turn in my way of thinking about new player experience and advertisement.

    It seems that there is huge difference between advertising you game as a "Real Cash Economy" and "Real Cash Economy Experience"

    Well, this one simple sentence brings up tons of questions to me. I hope that I will have some time soon to ask them.
    Last edited by boring_player; 01-09-2019 at 12:48.

  2. #62
    Dominant Orion's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Avatar
    Eleria 'Orion' Starwind
    Society
    Shaolin
    Posts
    503
    Images
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FYI

    MINDARK'S LIABILITY TOWARDS YOU SHALL, IF ACKNOWLEDGED, IN EACH INCIDENCE BE LIMITED TO NO MORE THAN THE TOTAL AMOUNT TRANSFERRED INTO THE INVOLVED ACCOUNT BY SAID PARTICIPANT UNDER SIX MONTHS PERIOD PRIOR TO THE INCIDENT.


    MA did not account the TT value of players as a liability before at all. They just 'forgot' (neglected) it. i know legal systems where this would be called falsification of balancing sheets.

    finally MA realized they wouldnt get away with it anymore, which caused the entire liability trouble to them. their solution was the maneuver trick with the six months deposit limit, which you have to 'accept' every time you want to get past the EULA screen.

    this way MA cut off most of their liabilities, because they just 'redistributed' it to their asset.
    i know legal systems where this form of value redistribution would be called theft.

    it is a fairly clever move:
    who wants to withdraw? disappointed and bored players.
    who doesnt deposit anymore but still loiters a while or waits for the fun to return before deciding to finally withdraw? disappointed and bored players.
    but your time already started to run.
    you try to liquidate your assets, accumulated over the years, which takes weeks and months.
    when you are done you may have 10.000 or 100.000 or in very rare occasions 1.000.000 peds to withdraw.
    your last deposit in the past six months might have been only 100US$ because of your boredom? f*ck your 1.000.000peds then...

    but well, we accept it everytime we agree to the EULA.
    since this move i dont expect to see a single buck from them.
    and i cut my 'investment' into items by 90%. too bad, MA, you could have gotten so much more money from me...

    i am curious, if this cut of liabilities would pass a court trial...
    Last edited by Orion; 01-09-2019 at 13:25.
    30% OFF Markup: Genesis Amethera Headquarters, Tower B, Block B, Shop #4
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_leader_signatur_orion.jpg

    Proud Citizen of Calypso since February 9th, 2002

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MA did not account the TT value of players as a liability before at all. They just 'forgot' (neglected) it. i know legal systems where this would be called falsification of balancing sheets.

    finally MA realized they wouldnt get away with it anymore, which caused the entire liability trouble to them. the result was the maneuver trick with the six months deposit limit, which you have to 'accept' every time you want to get past the EULA screen.

    this way MA cut off most of their liabilities, because they just 'redistributed' it to their asset.
    i know legal systems where this form of value redistribution would be called theft.


    but well, we accept it everytime we agree to the EULA.
    since this move i dont expect to see a single buck from them.

    i am curious, if this cut of liabilities would pass a court trial...

    Partially right, but be aware that Lex retro non agit. Of course ToU and EULA might not be treated as official law - but still this is something you sign before you use the product. Important especially for depositors who were active before this 'EULA 6 months rule' was implemented. I need some time, it is of course as you claim, first, possible breach of most Accounting Acts (but very unlikely since probably they undergo some book audit from tax authorities when they pay) of many countries and second possible advertisement law breach as the main title say that EU is Real Cash Economy (Experience) - it's clearly not. This 'Experience' stuff added may change a lot here and makes it tricky. Is it then real cash economy? 100% no. Do you experience real cash economy in the game? Well, for the first 6 months you do.
    Does any of you know what was the official advertising title on their website before that 6-months rule?

    Sweden has some twisted accounting policies but it is an EU member so all the stuff is more or less universal. Funny how they report their liabilities, I'm gonna have to check previous way of reflecting this in their statements.
    Last edited by boring_player; 01-09-2019 at 13:37.

  4. #64
    Slayer Spawn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Avatar
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    7,466
    Images
    421
    Why “No”? Last financial year was a huge disappointment for MA revenues. The sales has dropped by approximately 10% and were equal to 6,698,308 USD.
    Why is it then that CLD over 2018 is higher than the last 2 years? 2016, 2017 yearly revenue were both lower. I SEE change.

    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...ed-ROI-tracker

  5. #65
    You haven't uncovered anything special. This has been brought up plenty of times. AFAIK, MA hasn't been able to cover player holdings for a long time, pretty sure that's why they added the 6mo clause.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

  6. #66
    Slayer GoNi's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Calypso, Sakura City
    Avatar
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Posts
    7,412
    Images
    591
    Change your point of view!

    WE players are the bank, who give credits to MA/EU.

    If MA fails we get nothing back, but if MA starts using the money we give them as we would like to see it used (develop the damn game, instead doing stupid sideprojects), then we surely will give them more money.

    Its not all black and white, there is many grey areas in between.

    Many players still trust in MA and the concept of EU, those that don΄t do it, are already gone and that in fact is the withdrawls that already happend.

    Sure there is some businessmen in EU that do regular withdrawls, and it works for them.
    Many others don΄t even intend to withdraw any time, although they hold a big value in items in EU.
    Those players just enjoy the game as game, and don΄t see it as an investment.

    MA survived many years now, and there have been worse years for MA than 2017.

    That they don΄t have the cash to pay out all ingame assets, is really nothing new.
    Do they really need it?
    NO!

    MA has some serious problems, they made this problems themselves.
    If they advertise content, they simply should deliver it in a reasonable timeframe.

    There is to many things still not delivered, thats why even the fanboys (for example me), lowered their deposits.
    If they start to deliver the things promised years ago, this will change.
    Its all up to MA.
    Focus on the game, thats all what MA needs to do.
    Bring on the things we are waiting for many years now.

    If this starts to happen, there will see more positve threads in this forum and at other plattforms aswell.
    With positv press you gain new players, and some of them (even if its a very small % rate of them) will become regular depositors and fanboys.

  7. #67
    Elite WoenK's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Munich
    Avatar
    Irdeta WoenK Hocren
    Society
    Riverboat Gamblers
    Posts
    3,786
    Images
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_player View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you for this, it has just caused 180 degrees turn in my way of thinking about new player experience and advertisement.

    It seems that there is huge difference between advertising you game as a "Real Cash Economy" and "Real Cash Economy Experience"

    Well, this one simple sentence brings up tons of questions to me. I hope that I will have some time soon to ask them.
    One could also simply read it like " if somebody transfers 100k USD to our account and after 7 months somebody else says, it's his, we keep it". For me it's just a clause to prevent them from fraud and money laundering issues.

    Why ?

    ...because they still pay out! Even if you have not deposited as much as you a taking out (and even if some bitch it takes 3 months....if you really earned it it and got it, don't bitch)
    Avoiding hunting ubers since 12.10.2018
    Globals Hunting: 1760 Mining: 0042 Crafting: 0544
    HoFs Hunting: 0050 Mining: 0000 Crafting: 0021
    Ubers Hunting: 0006 Mining: 0000 Crafting: 0006
    Always know where your towel is !!!

  8. #68
    Guardian
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Corwin The Prince
    Posts
    299
    Images
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_player View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, this is not unfortunately the case Jehereg. I do not care about your deeds returns – that is not the subject of my article. In fact, you could have even 10k % ROI on them, you could double your PED balance daily and hit 10 figures ATH tomorrow. It is all meaningless as long as MindArk don’t have your money and what is worse don’t have any source of new income because New Player Experience system fails and new players do not deposit enough (they admit it directly in their statement) and Deeptoken sales failed (recently announced - again, check the Note 18 of their Financial Statement - they considered this project to be a source of growth).
    dude, i dont believe ur a new player. So i dont believe u dont have stakes on it.
    Its all in the way u talk, you talk like a veteran.

  9. #69
    Guardian yeeck's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    yee yeeck ck
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_player View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .....

    Sweden has some twisted accounting policies but it is an EU member so all the stuff is more or less universal. Funny how they report their liabilities, I'm gonna have to check previous way of reflecting this in their statements.

    Can give an example ? I am just curious...
    I thought FRS is common practice in Europe ?

  10. #70
    Guardian yeeck's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    yee yeeck ck
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    dude, i don't believe ur a new player. So i don't believe u don't have stakes on it.
    Its all in the way u talk, you talk like a veteran.

    Corwin..... just let him post, there is no one ever post such details in the past 5 years here. Am I right?

    We are in RCE. Any plan to grow this RCE should be reflected in their Financial Statements. And any method of accounting practice they choose, is a critical signal on how they see this RCE. Their financial statements are audited by PWC and it's not a joke. Not something you can just edit and hide.

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 17 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook