PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 18 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 283
  1. #71
    Guardian
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Corwin The Prince
    Posts
    299
    Images
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by yeeck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Corwin..... just let him post, there is no one ever post such details in the past 5 years here. Am I right?

    We are in RCE. Any plan to grow this RCE should be reflected in their Financial Statements. And any method of accounting practice they choose, is a critical signal on how they see this RCE. Their financial statements are audited by PWC and it's not a joke. Not something you can just edit and hide.
    You are not getting the point, hes not trying to improve rce, hes probably a known trader that finished his stock and as long as he cant probably buy back his cld/aud stock hes trying to create panic so idiot will deprice theyre goods in order to sell fast and do the donkey run to withdrawal wich wont affect anything but his pockets.

    This thing happened b4 in past, create panic when deed price are at his top, the fact hes doin it this plateal way means that people are just not buying it or that hes not seeing the usual yearly trends he used to, like cld always gets very low in february after mayhem, this year the trend is goin differently despite akoz selling out his 650 left wich are a lot all in one in the market, his purpose is obviously to make those deprice badly by scaring some noobs away and then contact a big liquidator in order to get a bulk.

    dont get me wrong, im okay with depricing of stuff, ill throw myself in as well as i love it, tho i dont like this posts that spread malice around and contribute to a goin back of system and development of this diamond "we" have.
    You can feel by they way he writes, he start calmly and then while his writing out u can feel he becomes more and more aggressive, like hes somehow holding grudge or more probably he cares more than he should.
    And btw, i have a company, i keep it with the maximun debt and liabilites i can, as long those will keep you alive.
    You owe them 100, its ur problem, u owe then a million, the problems is theyre, someone stated this b4, it does not applyes just to banks, but also to goverments and investors.

    Wat he does not understand, is that in this game, if money are not already on witdrawal process, the 90% of it is in assets, people dont need to withdraw it, as long as for the people who plays this game those money have more value inside the game than outside of it. And its community who takes decision, the failure of deeptokens for example was dictated only and only by the community who due to scareness for theyre own money killed the project already in its early phase by just not supporting it, a big mistake we all did in my opinion, but with the sense of after the graves are fill.
    Last edited by Corwin; 01-10-2019 at 10:29.

  2. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by yeeck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their financial statements are audited by PWC and it's not a joke. Not something you can just edit and hide.
    Well, it's perfectly possible to hide stuff, just look at cum ex or libor, for example. In the case of MA, there is unlikely to be an auditor anywhere who can really get to grips with what truly lies behind the figures which get presented. An auditor can only go on their own knowledge and what information to audit.

    As the OP stated, not having known about the 6-month issue changed his opinion dramatically. If he's an expert in the field, then I'd not be surprised in his taking an interest in this unique example of a hobby of his (MMOs).

  3. #73
    Old
    Joined
    Jan 2018
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Lethal Greeneyed Kookaburra
    Posts
    68
    The game is too damn expensive for new players. 100$ are ok for a start, but 5k-10k$ to be a mid/high lvl player is wayyy too much

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by KokaBurra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The game is too damn expensive for new players. 100$ are ok for a start, but 5k-10k$ to be a mid/high lvl player is wayyy too much
    10k bucks for a noob to be high level? id say thats not even close. for high level you need more like 20k to 30k bucks just for the equipment and then buying the skills will maybe cost another 50k if you buy em or maybe a little cheaper in losses for skilling which will take 2 years if doing it hardcore.

  5. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are not getting the point, hes not trying to improve rce, hes probably a known trader that finished his stock and as long as he cant probably buy back his cld/aud stock hes trying to create panic so idiot will deprice theyre goods in order to sell fast and do the donkey run to withdrawal wich wont affect anything but his pockets.
    (.......)

    You can feel by they way he writes, he start calmly and then while his writing out u can feel he becomes more and more aggressive, like hes somehow holding grudge or more probably he cares more than he should.
    Going with Corwin on this. There's something off about this whole thing. What would motivate a new player with presumably little invested to write like this? What's the reason for hiding his in-game identity? A new player who was genuinely excited/passionate/concerned about the new game he just discovered would have no reason to post these elaborate essays anonymously. And if he has a clearly negative early impression of the game, why bother at all? When I try a new game and I don't care for it, I just move on... I don't go read the company's fiscal reports and write a bunch of crap in the game's forums.

    IMO it doesn't even read like something a real financial analyst would write. A lot of his stuff is just copy-paste from investopedia. To me it feels like he just researched these topics online and doesn't fully understand them. Even I caught the mistake about personnel costs, and I'm an engineer who doesn't know jack about business finance.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are not getting the point, hes not trying to improve rce, hes probably a known trader that finished his stock and as long as he cant probably buy back his cld/aud stock hes trying to create panic so idiot will deprice theyre goods in order to sell fast and do the donkey run to withdrawal wich wont affect anything but his pockets.
    Enough of this. As I said before I know we are talking real cash here and some emotions may be involved but I will not tolerate such speculative bullshit. In November, when I was setting up my account I did not even know what CLD is and how it works.

    I'm getting busy at work my workplace since an end of previous year summary is staring. But to be honest, I started to feel that this forum has become very hostile. I do not know if it's worth to talk to people like you. Some of you behave like an alcoholic on a forced rehab or a Gollum chasing his ring.

    In-game kindness and maturity of people made me think that people on the forum seem to be similar. Apparently, I was wrong.

    A lot of his stuff is just copy-paste from investopedia.
    Ask yourself, from which sources is Investopedia doing their "copy-paste" and maybe you will reach the real source I have used.

    Even I caught the mistake about personnel costs, and I'm an engineer who doesn't know jack about business finance.
    This makes you childish. Saying that you found something without actually indicating the mistake is making you look like a child who claims that unicorn lives under his bed but he won't show it to anyone.

    Indicate the error and back it with reasonable source or business example, then we can talk like man, not like children.

    A priori - I said I consider Personell spending as salaries and salary-related expenses. Mindark FS does not provide more data. They don't have to. Companies this size usually report all personell spending in one or two rows but this category is wide and can include all from: business trip vaccinations to coffee & fruit in the office, taxi services, team parties & gifts et cetera or external perosnell spending like office cleaning or legal advices.

    It depends entirely on construction of Profit&Loss and company internal needs. I don't have access to MindArk accounting system - that is why I had to make an assumption.

    All what is important from perspective of a Financial Statement external receiver is the total cost and average of employees.
    Internal controls focus on the amount generated per particular personell cost centers but this information mainly reaches only internal board of directors who then basing on the received data make all presonell related decisions.

    Try to find source of this information by yourself. Good Luck.
    Last edited by boring_player; 01-10-2019 at 12:59.

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_player View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This makes you childish. Saying that you found something without actually indicating the mistake is making you look like a child who claims that unicorn lives under his bed but he won't show it to anyone.

    Indicate the error and back it with reasonable source or business example, then we can talk like man, not like children.

    A priori - I said I consider Personell spending as salaries and salary-related expenses. Mindark FS does not provide more data. They don't have to. Companies this size usually report all personell spending in one or two rows but this category is wide and can include all from: business trip vaccinations to coffee & fruit in the office or external perosnell spending like office cleaning or legal advices.

    Lol triggered much? You're the one getting petulant about this stuff in the same breath you are calling me a child. I already pointed it out, but I will again. In fact, what you say above even contradicts what you original said below:


    Quote Originally Posted by boring_player View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to MA Income Statement, Personnel costs (I expect this position to include Salaries, salary-related spending) in 2017 were equal to 27 599 451 SEK (3,216,719 USD). Statement claim that currently they hire 44 employees on average. It means that on average, one MindArk employee cost you 73,107 USD yearly, 6,092 USD monthly. That seems to be nice salary, isn’t it?
    I tried to politely explain to you that personnel costs are not just salaries (which I guess you now know). Even if it were, an employee costs a company (in the US) on average 1.5x their salary, so your crude math would be wrong in any case, and I would think someone in business finance would know that... I suspect there's probably a lot wrong with your inane drivel, that someone who actually knows this shit could point out. Since I'm not in finance I can't. I'm going to stick with my gut, which is the reasons I posted previously, none of your story adds up or makes any sense.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

  8. #78
    Old Alpha mg Joda VVV's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    mg Joda VVV VVV
    Posts
    1,150
    Images
    131
    Good read.

    I hope, now the side projects have failed, to see a decrease in employees at mindark as obviously the larger part of their workforce was busy with those.

    Either reduce personell spending or increase in developing the game.

    Developing the game is show by releasing changelog's every update and when i read back the updates last year these have been extremely meager considering there are supposedly 44 people working on it.

    And if u do more then u write, start tracking what u actually do and release that information. Instead of Ninja changes.
    Avatar name in game : mg Joda VVV VVV
    Game streaming : www.twitch.tv/jodaeu

  9. #79
    Even if it were, an employee costs a company (in the US) on average 1.5x their salary, so your crude math would be wrong in any case, and I would think someone in business finance would know that...
    In Nordic countries it may be higher due to excessive taxation, additional salary befits, social benefits. Nordics law and their wealth distribution model combined makes those values high. Every company in their financial state would outsource part of the processes or reduce the amount of employees. They hired more instead.

    Do you really want to go so deep in details? If so, I would have to start writing books here, not articles. When you write article sometimes you must make assumptions to make the reading understandable. Too much details will drive the readers away. Especially if those details are related to some areas like finance or accounting, which, maybe it's surprising to you, not everyone finds interesting. The core of the article is about business model based on trust, not about accounting principles.


    Am I triggered? When someone clearly lies about me, what am I suppose to do? Today I was called a CLD speculator, you previously lied that I have some stake in this (what stake you think about?) or even said I must be some former pissed-off player. It's ridiculous. What will happen tomorrow? Will you accuse me that I potentially want to assassinate MindArk CEO or bomb their headquarters? Get sober.


    Btw. Why administrator of this forum cancels my posts because I use external photos but does nothing when I am being harassed with false accusations and humiliating speculations? How are we suppose to discuss in such environment? Why do administrators allow this place to be like this - where you discriminate other instead of focusing on main topic?
    Last edited by boring_player; 01-10-2019 at 13:37.

  10. #80
    Old Alpha mg Joda VVV's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    mg Joda VVV VVV
    Posts
    1,150
    Images
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote




    I tried to politely explain to you that personnel costs are not just salaries (which I guess you now know). Even if it were, an employee costs a company (in the US) on average 1.5x their salary, so your crude math would be wrong in any case, and I would think someone in business finance would know that... I suspect there's probably a lot wrong with your inane drivel, that someone who actually knows this shit could point out. Since I'm not in finance I can't. I'm going to stick with my gut, which is the reasons I posted previously, none of your story adds up or makes any sense.


    To be fair, if u are not familiar with Sweden it might seem high, for quite a few other western european countries it would be high far exceeding average income, and even for sweden its definately not low altough Sweden has high average wages even for europe and high social premiums.
    Avatar name in game : mg Joda VVV VVV
    Game streaming : www.twitch.tv/jodaeu

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 18 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook