PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 19 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 280
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_player View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In Nordic countries it may be higher due to excessive taxation, additional salary befits, social benefits. Nordics law and their wealth distribution model combined makes those values high. Every company in their financial state would outsource part of the processes or reduce the amount of employees. They hired more instead.
    FFS, that's literally what I said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One point about salary data; personnel costs are not pure salary. I'm not positive about Sweden, but at least for most US companies each employee costs usually around 1.5x their base salary due to taxes and benefits - it's probably higher in a socialist country.
    And it's still a contradiction to your original statement, you are just trying to brush it aside as "I didn't want to go into details and bore people".


    Quote Originally Posted by boring_player View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I triggered? When someone clearly lies about me, what am I suppose to do? Today I was called a CLD speculator, you previously lied that I have some stake in this (what stake you think about?) or even said I must be some former pissed-off player. It's ridiculous. What will happen tomorrow? Will you accuse me that I potentially want to assassinate MindArk CEO or bomb their headquarters? Get sober.
    This is just garbage, I'm not going to bother (and it wasn't me that said you were a former pissed-off player, btw). You sound like a 15-year-old Internet troll. I'm done, good luck with whatever your real motivation for all this is.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsout Gunsout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And before you say it was taken from "TODAYS" loot pool, let me shut you up with a dick punch. WHOMP. It wasnt.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by mg Joda VVV View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair, if u are not familiar with Sweden it might seem high, for quite a few other western european countries it would be high far exceeding average income, and even for sweden its definately not low altough Sweden has high average wages even for europe and high social premiums.
    You missed the entire conversation, but ok. I actually said the wages were probably very low, under market rate. My point was he took the total personnel costs and divided by the number of employees to determine the average wage, which is certainly incorrect. Anyway I didn't want to focus on that, it was just a minor point that I noticed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsout Gunsout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And before you say it was taken from "TODAYS" loot pool, let me shut you up with a dick punch. WHOMP. It wasnt.

  3. #83
    Guardian BackBone's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Portugal
    Avatar
    BackBone Angelina Praias
    Posts
    325
    Images
    207
    OP brought some interesting points to light. Doesn't matter his motivations, so long as the facts he says are true.
    Instead of atacking the person, you could've just carry on discussing the topic. We could all learn something from this discussion.

  4. #84
    Guardian
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Corwin The Prince
    Posts
    226
    Images
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_player View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Enough of this. As I said before I know we are talking real cash here and some emotions may be involved but I will not tolerate such speculative bullshit. In November, when I was setting up my account I did not even know what CLD is and how it works.

    I'm getting busy at work my workplace since an end of previous year summary is staring. But to be honest, I started to feel that this forum has become very hostile. I do not know if it's worth to talk to people like you. Some of you behave like an alcoholic on a forced rehab or a Gollum chasing his ring.

    .........

    Try to find source of this information by yourself. Good Luck.
    im an alcoholic but not on rehab sorry dude, still drinking proudly as long as my liver allows(for now).

    But seriously, get the $/( out of this game, thats pretty much wat community is telling you.

    if you were a newbie then...
    First u wrote a post where u state you dont like the game, ofc u missing about saying that this game is over 15years old and failed to compare it to one of that age, and i can understand that, we all want it to improve, and it will as it always happened. Second u wrote this post with malice or with a little knowledge and you expect community to support you? Most of us dedicate a lot of time in this game, we all have friends an enemies ingame we are ready to be competitive and fight against eachother but if you try maliciously to put our game at risk (not money, but game) we are pretty much all united ready to bite.

    I would be more worried knowing i cant play and id lost all my skills then that id lost my assets value wich is nothing compared to the value of the time i spent ingame.

    This game faced so many crysis u wont ever believe and if tomorrow mindark makes an ipo we are all ready to buy it back, as it happened in past.

    That said if u consider that having 15 years old this game is like a tree, u only see it grow if u stay a while out of it and come back later but if u watch it day by day u dont see much difference

    So in conclusion, i read and understand your topic and my answer is please cash out ur 1500ped and fly away as long as you dont feel "economically" confortable.

    and yes i defnally think u are just trying to speculate, i can put my hand on fire when i guess that ur forum login ip have not any related game login ip.
    Last edited by Corwin; 01-10-2019 at 14:40.

  5. #85
    Elite forgo's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    US
    Avatar
    Forgo Forgorth Lundain
    Society
    Guess Who
    Posts
    3,071
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    259
    I am not sure I got the point. But then again I have trust with Mindark. They pay every time, without issue. I know this because I have made many large withdrawals.

    This is the hardest game you will play. Most people will retreat with losses, very few actually get the game. It is confusing on purpose. Most people choose a path that is against them, hunting mobs too big, clicking crafts that are too much, mining in areas they have never been, speculating where they know nothing.

    I suppose it is a lot easier to write up a post about why the company is at fault...but really, it just seems you don't understand the game.

    I played for 2 years, and walked away with 200k ped. I came back a couple years later and restarted again as a noob, and now am one of the top players. It can be done, and no you do not have to be rich. The only way I can afford to play is off the investments that Entropia provided cash for. My base income doesn't even cover the mortgage.

    So If I can make it happen...maybe you can see why I don't get the point of this thread, I just see a more capable person giving up to confusion.

    Step one would be to read the EULA for a change. A lot of your answers are in there. Primarily, the fact that all these liabilities you are afraid Mindark cannot pay...Mindark is legally not responsible for in the first place.

    RCE does not mean, I deposit money and it still has value.
    RCE means that in the game the economy allows the potential to make more, and then maybe I can withdraw it, but its not mine until then. Assume that everything you put toward the game is wasted. If you are clever, you will make sure to get it back. But for certain do not expect to get it done without a lot of research.


    The opportunity that Entropia has opened for me is invaluable to have access to cash from time to time for things or investments that come up in life. I literally could lose the entirety of my account and still be very very happy with my success here. This game will make me a millionaire in the end (more than half way), because of those windows of opportunity and the ability to withdraw assets when they came up. This is what sets Entropia apart, there is no other game that allows real world financial opportunity to be realized on a whim. It is a tool and a useful one if you know what you are doing. Some people park money in accounts and let it sit, I just cycle it every day and try to actively grow it, until it is needed again. For example, all of my wealth is in real estate, I am very cash poor. If a tenant needs new carpet, I can ..and have.. said, "no problem, just give me three months." I don't have cash to cover it but I always have armor, or a ring, or something I don't really want to sell that I can, and I can be assured it will come in time to pay it all in cash with no interest.

    Whatever you do, I wish you luck and success.

  6. #86
    Guardian yeeck's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    yee yeeck ck
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are not getting the point, hes not trying to improve rce, hes probably a known trader that finished his stock and as long as he cant probably buy back his cld/aud stock hes trying to create panic so idiot will deprice theyre goods in order to sell fast and do the donkey run to withdrawal wich wont affect anything but his pockets.....

    I totally understand your comment and I am not going to disagree with it... Anyway, post like this is rare to be allowed. Let it be and let readers decide. Let it roll till the end.

    Creating panic situation is common. Some players worried about their assets. Some owners/traders worrying about players leaving, and can't sell their items, no players to participate in their events. You can list all possibilities good/bad, at the end, everyone has their own purposes.

    Should thanks God for the whistle-blower for the fall of ENRON, right? Before it getting worst.....

    If you can comment on OP this way, I am very sure you have tons to comment about MA/EU too BUT to improve MA/EU/RCE ? Definitely not going happen at this moment. Look at what they been doing...

  7. #87
    Dominant Orion's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Avatar
    Eleria 'Orion' Starwind
    Society
    Shaolin
    Posts
    472
    Images
    59
    i liked reading the thread, when it was about the financial details.

    since it turned into territorial pissings it lost its meaning.

    can we concentrate on the initial question again?
    please return to facts only.
    30% OFF Markup: Genesis Amethera Headquarters, Tower B, Block B, Shop #4
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_leader_signatur_orion.jpg

    Proud Citizen of Calypso since February 9th, 2002

  8. #88
    Guardian yeeck's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    yee yeeck ck
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsina View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, it's perfectly possible to hide stuff, just look at cum ex or libor, for example. In the case of MA, there is unlikely to be an auditor anywhere who can really get to grips with what truly lies behind the figures which get presented. An auditor can only go on their own knowledge and what information to audit.

    As the OP stated, not having known about the 6-month issue changed his opinion dramatically. If he's an expert in the field, then I'd not be surprised in his taking an interest in this unique example of a hobby of his (MMOs).

    Come on... u are telling me, Sweden's laws are not strict ? easily to be broken / get away or people easily being corrupted and get away with it ? You are saying Auditor just check the sign off the Audited Accounts?

    I am not going into details, and I assumed that you understand Auditors, their works and code of conducts. Finding a truth and fair view is not 100% achievable BUT there are more than just analysis, findings, documentation & controls to be evaluated.

    If you think answering an audit queries is piece of cake? For 1st 2nd 3rd, maybe is easy to convince... let see the 4th.

    Anyway, Auditors wont take this forum article as findings. Why so serious?

  9. #89
    Young WizKidWord's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2019
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Parma, Ohio
    Avatar
    Jacob WizKidWord Rockwell
    Society
    Lulz and Lazerz
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i liked reading the thread, when it was about the financial details.

    since it turned into territorial pissings it lost its meaning.

    can we concentrate on the initial question again?
    please return to facts only.
    Exactly this...was a great read till things got derailed

    A bunch of conspiracy theorists it seems idk lol

    Regardless, it hasn't deterred me from playing

    On Berycled III now btw gotta get that anatomy!
    Trained Laser Sniper (Hit)
    Biggest Loot -- 24 PED (Young Berycled - Camp Phoenix)
    Mentor -- Slyk
    Come check out my stream sometime -- twitch.tv/wizkidword

  10. #90
    Old Alpha mg Joda VVV's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    mg Joda VVV VVV
    Posts
    1,133
    Images
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by forgo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Step one would be to read the EULA for a change. A lot of your answers are in there. Primarily, the fact that all these liabilities you are afraid Mindark cannot pay...Mindark is legally not responsible for in the first place.

    RCE does not mean, I deposit money and it still has value.
    RCE means that in the game the economy allows the potential to make more, and then maybe I can withdraw it, but its not mine until then. Assume that everything you put toward the game is wasted. If you are clever, you will make sure to get it back. But for certain do not expect to get it done without a lot of research.

    Sweden has freedom of contract which is the freedom of private or public individuals and groups (of any legal entity) to form nonviolent contracts without government restrictions.


    The EULA is a contract, and just like any contract it can be tested in court, and it can fail such test and can be nullified completely or partially if it does not comply with local and EU consumer law, or fails to comply with regulations imposed on the instituation or its instruments.

    What complicates the matter is that EU does/did have a banking license (to lazy to find out wether this is still accurate) and might be subject additional regulation on a national and european level.
    Avatar name in game : mg Joda VVV VVV
    Game streaming : www.twitch.tv/jodaeu

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook