PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 27 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 283
  1. #161
    Slayer GoNi's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Calypso, Sakura City
    Avatar
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Posts
    7,412
    Images
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also his last sentence you quoted so nicely, coming from a guy who hasn't played the game, claiming the gaming experience could be improved.
    Lol
    Not saying he's wrong, but seriously, how could he ever judge that based on his minimal experience??
    His first thread is/was a very valuable one, and I hope really someone at MA office read it and think about it.

    Its how a NEW player (with experience from other games) see EU when playing it the first time.

    If new players after 100h playing come to the conclusion that this game is not worth playing (compared to other games), how MA or PP should ever get new players.

    Now a new player after 100h playing (knowing other games) ask himself, why the hell so many still play this game?

    It must be the RCE as this is different to all the other games.

    Asking himself: Is it worth to invest into this game? How are the risks?

    Next logical step for a banker, checking the financial situation of the company offering this game.
    No investment without doing your homework, right?

    And now he came back with this new thread, and to be honest, what he is writing is as true as his first thread.

    Nothing wrong with telling people how risky it is to invest into EU.

    Why do I always recomend: Never deposit more than you are willing to lose.

    Please dont bash him anymore, he was just sharing what he found out.
    Really nothing wrong with that, even if you and me and 1000 others already did know everything he told us.

    Look through this thread, there are some replys from people who did not know how critical MAs finances are, simply because they cant read financial reports propperly or simply didn΄t do it at all.
    Its totally ok to tell them the situation.

    We have this status many years now and it works for MA and for us.

    Don΄t worry be happy, MA/EU is still alive.

  2. #162
    Guardian
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Corwin The Prince
    Posts
    299
    Images
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by BackBone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He said to have played the game for 100h. Judging by his insight on his 1st thread (the review) i would believe him. Wouldnt take more to understand the game is repetitive and with many bugs. Still we are all here because this game offers something no other game does: that casino thrill acompanied by the swirll and the all-chat to brag about our findings.

    Neither one of his threads changed my mind regarding Entropia. I Will still play it and, if you enjoy it, so should you. Its just nice to have more knowledge about the backstage of the economics of the game, and i thank the OP for that.

    Please show me where he said to not put any money into the game.
    If you want the casino thrill, u go play a casino or poker, not here. But if u get a good find, the all chat brag about it its something that is in every mmorpg.

    This platform is everything but a casino, tho it can be as expensive as one, its not. But this is another topic, i wont go further on this.

    No one will change the mind about entropia, and nor its the intent of the OP, his intent is to put doubt in ur mind, about the possibility of a loss, now if you are smart this doubt wont stop you from making ur decisions, but will make you lose a little time so he can outspeed you.

    Quote Originally Posted by GoNi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His first thread is/was a very valuable one, and I hope really someone at MA office read it and think about it.

    Its how a NEW player (with experience from other games) see EU when playing it the first time.

    If new players after 100h playing come to the conclusion that this game is not worth playing (compared to other games), how MA or PP should ever get new players.

    Now a new player after 100h playing (knowing other games) ask himself, why the hell so many still play this game?

    ---------

    Don΄t worry be happy, MA/EU is still alive.
    all this finance skill and he doesnt read the eula b4 commenting mindarks finance?

    The OP is also not stupid, he pretend he doesnt know about the 6month liability as long as he can put focus on it, and refer to it a couple of times by playing with RCE and RCE experience difference, knowing is the topic that worries the common player more than everything when its about investing in assets.
    Btw both RCE ans RCEe terms are being minted over EU, so im surprised he can play with em so well being a player not even playing enought time to get his first withdrawal.

    there is no difference between RCE ans RCEe because if i deposited 1 year ago im still able to withdrawn those peds, they dont disappear just because over 6 month have been passed. Or if i sweat for one year and sell it and decide to cash out those peds noone stop me from doin it just because i never depoed, as long as i provide a valid id and dont cheat/bot. Plus if the company fails you wont get any money even if your entitled to, that clausole its probably to protect PP's or anyway im sure it has a reason, even if as many other stated in past its still legally questionable.

    no what he is writing is not totally true, this post is just a harping of finance without considering the most important variables on purpose, reason why i state there is malice in it.
    The CR ratio he is talking about is the quote between mindark assets and mindark liabilities, does ma own any building worth 900kUSD or maybe his current assets are the platform,compet and deeptoken and a couple computer? dont just arkadia underground can be sold over 1m dollars? if they make the other 50% of planet calypso in 60k deeds and they sell it at wat price will they go fast? 1kped each u think they sell? make ur toughts.
    The 10% less revenue could be a % of the people that got pissed over compets? are u totally sure no player got money over compet? because i personally bought 300 from website and sold at 112ped each in AUCTION.

    He is not considering the variables with malice or with lack of knowledge. in both case im more pissed by the people part of our community that supported an external menace, just for the thrill of revenging to mindark for theyre unluck or just because they plan to ride the wagon of panic that unfortunally u wont see this time.
    now talking about his reasons that yea would be elucubrating on pure bad paranoia, rest is not if u put a little attention at timing and variables u will see it.

    I swear I tried not to comment in this thread at first but then a bit of anguish and a bit of wine have unleashed me


    Quote Originally Posted by BackBone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please show me where he said to not put any money into the game.
    he edited his posts and deleted that sentence i think but it was on his first or second post in this thread, wizz managed to quote it i think

    with this i try stop posting on this thread, how to say: who has ears to intend may understand.
    Last edited by Corwin; 01-12-2019 at 08:51.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... if they make the other 50% of planet calypso in 60k deeds and they sell it at wat price will they go fast? 1kped each u think they sell? make ur toughts.
    ...
    with this i try stop posting on this thread, how to say: who has ears to intend may understand.
    Hi Corwin - firstly thank you for the good post but i would like to ask you politely about your use of an auto-translator into English. There are several parts of your post that I don't understand, which is a pity. Is your original language Italian, or with close links? Could you maybe try the "deepl" translator if you have your original still?

    On the issue of trust and what you wrote, I believe if they offered the other half of Caly at the same price as the original price, then the deeds would sell fast at least in theory, but MA would not then have a large part of the revenue stream which it relies on for staying viable. The sale of CP deeds in 2019 is different, by the way, as they are acting more like an estate agent, so that's ok.

    Personally, I hope you post again soon!

  4. #164
    Guardian
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Corwin The Prince
    Posts
    299
    Images
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsina View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the issue of trust and what you wrote, I believe if they offered the other half of Caly at the same price as the original price, then the deeds would sell fast at least in theory, but MA would not then have a large part of the revenue stream which it relies on for staying viable. The sale of CP deeds in 2019 is different, by the way, as they are acting more like an estate agent, so that's ok.

    Personally, I hope you post again soon!
    the problem is that i dont use any translator at all and try to write with my bad english sometimes even in hurry so i have to keep correcting my posts, im very sorry about it. translator speaks better than me


    i dont want to discuss mindark financial, or i will not be able to buy any assets ingame at a reasonable price.
    Last edited by Corwin; 01-12-2019 at 11:18.

  5. #165
    Young WizKidWord's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2019
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Parma, Ohio
    Avatar
    Jacob WizKidWord Rockwell
    Society
    Lulz and Lazerz
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PARANOIA..... from paranoiapedia

    Ask "what if" constantly. If it can go wrong, it will. So as you develop and build out every aspect of your business you must constantly ask yourself, "what if?" and realize that it's the problems that you could not possibly have imagined that will do the most damage.

    There are two times the usual entrepreneur feels paranoid.

    The first is at the very beginning of the journey, during the early stages of building a company. From the moment you launch your business, you become paranoid: about getting customers, about making payroll, about building the right processes, etc. The paranoia and the fear of failure is what catapults you forward, demands that you give things your all, and ultimately makes you successful.

    The other time an entrepreneur feels paranoid is when their business, which was doing so well, starts to fall apart. A new competitor comes enters the market, a company leader quits, a supplier raises their prices, a manufacturer goes out of business--the list of things that could potentially go wrong for a company is endless. All of a sudden, you as an entrepreneur will feel the exact same way you felt day one, trying to wrap your head around all of the potential variables and make quick decisions that lead to lasting results.

    You become paranoid all over again.

    After several decades of building businesses, I've come to learn that paranoia is not a bad thing. In fact, it's a mindset that often times brings about the best results. It's just unfortunate that most entrepreneurs are only paranoid about the future of their company when things aren't going well.

    I advocate for the opposite:

    1. Staying paranoid, even when things are going well, is critical for success.
    If paranoia brings about such great results for companies, then why stop being paranoid?

    I think one of the things that has allowed me to become a successful entrepreneur is the fact that I've never rested on my laurels. I live by the mantra, "If it ain't broken, fix it anyway."

    Within my businesses, as well, I always encourage a culture where it's better to be (or forever see yourself as) the underdog--even if you're the market leader. Reason being, complacency is what kills companies.

    2. Staying paranoid keeps things moving quickly.
    Whether it's speed of answering the phone, the speed of getting back to a lead, or the speed of making a delivery, staying paranoid ensures you never lose your competitive edge.

    this is something I advocate heavily for when it comes to closing loans, fast. the market is extremely saturated, and one of the points of differentiation is speed. So, as any athlete will tell you, the key to staying in first place is to run like someone is always on your heels.

    Unless you invent a product that has no competition, speed to service is almost always a major differentiator. Paranoia helps ensure you act accordingly.

    3. Staying paranoid creates a sense of urgency.
    One of the things I discourage most, in any organization, is the mentality of things getting done "when they get done."

    This doesn't do anyone any good.

    When you are part of an organization, especially a startup, you are fighting for your job. Whether you're the founder or a brand new intern, every single day is an opportunity to prove to yourself, your team members, your customers and your clients that you are the right business for the job. And if you don't deliver on that promise, trust me, there are dozens of other options out there for your paying customer to consider.

    Sense of urgency is crucial to the success of a company.

    All In, but as the leader, it's on you to create this sense of urgency. If you don't, people will learn that things can get taken care of at their leisure--and when this happens, quality begins to suffer. Camaraderie suffers. Efficiency suffers. And before you know it, the culture and team and business you worked so hard to build will suddenly look very different.

    In that moment, you'll realize your mistake, and become paranoid all over again.

    So, why wait?

    Stay paranoid, stay focused.

    Thanks for the copypasta Corwin, your insightful wisdom is immeasurable
    Trained Laser Sniper (Hit)
    Biggest Loot -- 24 PED (Young Berycled - Camp Phoenix)
    Mentor -- Slyk
    Come check out my stream sometime -- twitch.tv/wizkidword

  6. #166
    Guardian Hass's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    France but from UK
    Avatar
    Hass Hassan Ingram
    Society
    Dark Knights - Squires
    Posts
    236
    Images
    4
    The game is dead... fact... they had their up and now they are having their down... only way they can fix that is reduce prices, taxes, fees and run it like in the older days when it was actually sucessful and actually worth investing in.

    These days its just a fact that this is one of the worst games on the market but for some reason people here with more money than brains seem to keep pumping into the economy instead of actually taking a break and realising what they are doing because they are addicted just like a slot machine in a casino...

    If MA don't want to make those changes then they should list the game as an online "Virtual Casino" and not a game.. because games tend to progress with that amount of money where as MA just take take take and before you know it $100 is $1 within minutes unless by a MIRICLE you finally hit something to make back the money that was pumped into the game over the years...

    The game is dead and i have stopped supporting it unless MA come up with a seriously fun change to it that would attract me back to the game... activities in the game need to be WAY more profitible for the player than MA here... MA can make money off other things such as Auction etc etc just like any other massive business does today.

    Time for change if you ask me... it has become a joke on how MA are handling this game and how quickly they are ruining it...

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the problem is that i dont use any translator at all and try to write with my bad english ...
    oops, sorry! It looks like you write with phrases and sayings from your main language, which makes it diffcult for any translation, your own or an AI, and difficult for readers as well.

    However, please continue! I also like the copy-paste on PARANOIA..... from paranoiapedia and how it can relate to success and thus the trust people may have. Part of the success of EU is the very long timescales of changes and skill progress, in my opinion, and in some respects there is still no competition out there almost purely because of the RCE (experience), which is genuinely RCE for those who manage to amass peds to withdraw to dollars!
    BUT, too many areas have been left untouched for too long in my opinion, breaking even promises made directly by MA. That makes MA look complacent and lazy in my opinion, and is one reason for having lower trust.

  8. #168
    Slayer Spawn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Avatar
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    7,466
    Images
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by Hass View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The game is dead... fact...
    Yearly revenue from CLD in 2018 is higher than 2016 and 2017. that's fact. Yours is an opinion.

  9. #169
    Elite wizz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    Brabant
    Avatar
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    3,225
    Images
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Hass View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The game is dead... fact... they had their up and now they are having their down... only way they can fix that is reduce prices, taxes, fees and run it like in the older days when it was actually sucessful and actually worth investing in.

    These days its just a fact that this is one of the worst games on the market but for some reason people here with more money than brains seem to keep pumping into the economy instead of actually taking a break and realising what they are doing because they are addicted just like a slot machine in a casino...

    If MA don't want to make those changes then they should list the game as an online "Virtual Casino" and not a game.. because games tend to progress with that amount of money where as MA just take take take and before you know it $100 is $1 within minutes unless by a MIRICLE you finally hit something to make back the money that was pumped into the game over the years...

    The game is dead and i have stopped supporting it unless MA come up with a seriously fun change to it that would attract me back to the game... activities in the game need to be WAY more profitible for the player than MA here... MA can make money off other things such as Auction etc etc just like any other massive business does today.

    Time for change if you ask me... it has become a joke on how MA are handling this game and how quickly they are ruining it...
    Entropia is not dead at all.
    It's just your ambition that died.
    Don't project your lack of ambition to this game.
    As spawn already said, the cld indicator says something completely different.

    Besides, if a i would have gotten a ped for each post claiming entropia is dead, I would have been rich!!
    Join the "sky is falling club"!!
    wi

  10. #170
    Stalker Xavier_Jr's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2009
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Xavier Jr Riquelme
    Society
    CF Elite
    Posts
    2,447
    Blog Entries
    4
    Images
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Hass View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Time for change if you ask me... it has become a joke on how MA are handling this game and how quickly they are ruining it...
    Haha,.. If without asking your opinion, you say all this, uff .. Imagine how it would be if we asked you. Well, I hope not to see you more again in the game. Good luck m8 .. We are not so pessimistic like you. Be happy in your new life without Entropia.. Bye bye

    SOCIEDAD CAZADORES FURTIVOS - CF ELITE

    Click Here to OPEN our WEBSITE : http://cazadoresfurtivos.es.tl

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 27 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook