Question: Skill buff on a ring , any idea if it works an how?

Konstantin

Young
There are rings in game offering 10-25% skill gain on combat and mining.
For example Skill Gain Laser. "Laser" is not a skill nor a profession.
All I could squeeze out of support is it works somehow. Those toys are not cheap.
So one guy in web-support says my profession will rise 25% faster but he says at same time it does not influence say "Combat reflexes".
In game we have professions and skills. They fail to explain how it works without influencing a skill that profession depends on.
Does it work as unclear as Skill buff on a scope or someone has any piece of info on a topic?

they can't tell how it works because they don't now. programmers "job insurance" failed.

Actually I can explain but I am doing it from memory and it has been a while.

Basically skill bonus buffs increase the frequency of green lines or skill gain rolls. The values of those rolls are dependent on your inputs.

When I had tested this with the summer ring, I got more green lines outside of expected variance. You can see on my old twitch videos some of these tests because my program would count up skill gains/rolls.

It is more useful to use skill rings if you are using big input weapons that yield high values (swords for example) vs small pea shooters. This is how I got to 108 swordsman so fast.

For sights and scopes, this is true also but the decay is not worth the skill gained. For this, it is a scam and should be avoided.

The type of gain doesn't apply to a particular skill, it applies to a method of gaining the skill.

A skill boost for laser weapons will increase the frequency of gains you receive when, and directly from, firing laser weapons (including Combat Reflexes - the support guy is wrong if that's really what he said, but you may have misinterpreted). It will have no effect on skills gained when you are doing anything other than firing laser weapons (it won't affect Combat Reflexes skills you gain when firing BLP weapons, for example, which may be the source of the misunderstanding).

dont talk to the live "support" on ma website... they are idiots and likely aren't even really ma support staff.

Bit Rude

dont talk to the live "support" on ma website... they are idiots and likely aren't even really ma support staff.

If you recall what Live Support is there for, you wouldn't make such an unsubstantiated statement. Find the original thread.

If you asked questions that weren't or couldn't be answered, it is more likely it is outside of their scope. If you go expecting answers to every question posed, well, then you are going to be sorely disappointed.

That's my two cents.

I think they do a great job, and are always friendly to me.

But can anyone confirm it's % as described?

I mean anyone did any test?
I m asking because of a lot of misleading info in game
like skill bonus on attachment says % but it's not this %
100 % pill gives you not 100% of skill gain or not in any case.
In my tests 100% skill pill gives me about 30% of skill gain as compare to no pill or 10% one.

I m asking coz such rings are not cheap and if it says 25% but gives say 6% it 's not as helpful in skilling.

thank you for info !

I made a support case - they answered in usual template write-back. I read between the lines: yes please continue to deposit to our game, yes our description may not match the implementation, yes it 's done to trick you spend more, no you ll not going to get any info , ETA ,etc. we reserve a right to answer you in some further future maybe, hardly...case closed.

I mean anyone did any test?
I m asking because of a lot of misleading info in game
like skill bonus on attachment says % but it's not this %
100 % pill gives you not 100% of skill gain or not in any case.
In my tests 100% skill pill gives me about 30% of skill gain as compare to no pill or 10% one.

I m asking coz such rings are not cheap and if it says 25% but gives say 6% it 's not as helpful in skilling.

thank you for info !

I made a support case - they answered in usual template write-back. I read between the lines: yes please continue to deposit to our game, yes our description may not match the implementation, yes it 's done to trick you spend more, no you ll not going to get any info , ETA ,etc. we reserve a right to answer you in some further future maybe, hardly...case closed.

This is bullsh1t. Skill pills work as advertised. You probably measured too small a sample or did something wrong.

There actually was an official explanation:

Skill gain increasing buffs increase the chance of getting an increase in a skill when using a profession. The amount of skill gained each time is not increased by these buffs. This applies to all currently existing skill increase buffs.

Back