Question: With Shared mob hunting, DPS or Efficiency

Jamesmynott

Provider
Society
Entropia Discord
Monkey_D JM9 Luffy
Thinking of doing feffold wave very regularly, be nice to collect the daily tokens but overall I just enjoy myself there.

I have 2 guns:

1. 83.4% eff and 30dps

Or

2. 60% eff and 60+ dps

I already know the answer “well more DPS means you’ll get tokens faster”

but I’m asking on purely a TT return basis. For example if loot wasn’t so unpredictable and I cycled 40k with both guns which would come out on top?

- The extra 1.5% loot from the 83% eff gun?

- Or the higher chance of getting the items with the dps gun (like if 10 hunters are attacking and there’s only 1-3 bio IDs, he who loots the Bio ID wins) because won’t my higher damage output give me higher item chances than people with less

I’ve heard people argue both cases, is there a right answer?

IF loot wasn’t so unpredictable and I cycled 40k with both guns the bigger eff would get you more tt loot. That being said , shared mob loot is anything but predictable.

Basically, with lower DPS you contribute less of total damage, so if items are distributed according to damage (or rather cost) done, you will need to participate in twice as many kills of a shared mob with the 30 DPS gun vs the 60 DPS to get the same amount of items (BIO id or what not). On the other hand, you will cycle approximately the same amount of ammo to get the item. The obvious answer from a PURELY economical view point is therefore....

Your expected tt return should be 1.5 % higher with the higher eff. gun in the long run, and give you the same amount of MU as the 60 DPS gun.

That being said, B-K has a valid point: It will take ages to reach equilibrium with a shared mob, because you can only participate in so many loot instances in one day. I'd say a critical kill mass for a mob is at least 5k, but I'd argue 10k before I'd be fairly sure of a 95ish % return overall. So how many of these can you bother to kill in a year?

So it’s not the case that if you do 10% of the damage you got a 10% chance of that ESI going to you? I thought rare items got given out semi randomly, with higher damage dealers having higher chances

So it’s not the case that if you do 10% of the damage you got a 10% chance of that ESI going to you? I thought rare items got given out semi randomly, with higher damage dealers having higher chances

This is the problem - we don't know if the distribution is linear or not. I assumed linear. Maybe others can supply some data.

it depends how quickly the mob dies.
If it dies quickly, with the 30 DPS gun, then stick to it.
If it takes several minutes to kill it and there will be lots of armor/fap decay, then the 60 DPS one may be the better choice.

We all know that that amount of loot you get back from shared now is based on your dps what OP is asking is now that TT return is calculated based on effic + looter how is the TT return for each loot event on a big shared mob calculated (set %, average of all effic used, average of all effic used as well as account for % of damage etc) its really hard to test or know without MA saying however.

U5nAPlt.png

Something like that...efficiency factor would include your looter skills and gun efficiency, didn't include fap decay and armor decay etc etc.

Last edited:
So if I get this right your saying pick the eff option over dps

Shared loot reflects the same mechanics as solo hunting now, so you'll get better tt return if you use higher efficiency/higher animal looter skills . . .

You can't gain an advantage on tt return from using a higher dps/dpp weapon. You are simply increasing your cycle.

You get a higher chance of looting that bigger tt ESI if you increase your cost, but that's just because you paid more, your chance of looting that ESI simply scales with how much you put in compared to other players.

Feffoid wave drop a lot of these 16 ped thingies you need for the adj regen chip.
I get them a lot with my 110 dps old school xeno dagger.
Soc mates with lower dps armatrix (high efficiency) guns wouldn't loot them.

Feffoid wave drop a lot of these 16 ped thingies you need for the adj regen chip.
I get them a lot with my 110 dps old school xeno dagger.
Soc mates with lower dps armatrix (high efficiency) guns wouldn't loot them.

And because of this isn’t dps better over eff? Or is it the case that if you hadn’t gotten the bio Id you would have got 16PED of sharp instead

And because of this isn’t dps better over eff? Or is it the case that if you hadn’t gotten the bio Id you would have got 16PED of sharp instead

Total value of loot is 50 ped, contains 34 ped shrap and 16ped bio ID.

Player 1 does 50% damage
Player 2 does 50% damage
(assuming both are same Eff% and looter level)

Both have equal chance to loot the bio ID, however, loot is split like:

Player 1: 17 ped shrapnel
Player 2: 17 ped shrapnel + 16ped Bio ID

So, in short, no not you wouldn't get 16 ped shrap instead :D

Last edited:
Back