Lower cost of blueprint books...

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
Limited (vol II) holds 30 blueprints and costs 5 peds.
Limited (Vol I) holds 10 blueprints and costs 1 ped.

Shouldn't the Vol II L book be lowered to 3 peds instead of leaving it at 5? If you leave it as is, why not increase number vol II holds to 50?
--------------------
Also, in Thule (at least at one point in time, not sure it still is this way?) you could get a component I book for 1 pec instead of 1 ped as you do at every other technician... wouldn't it make sense to lower costs of all blueprint books in all technicians universe wide to 1 pec so that the crafters have a few more peds that are stored in books to actually use in crafting or hunting or mining?

I realize the need for books no longer exists really since any old box will work, etc. but they do make organizing things a bit easier.

---------------
along same line of thinking... why the hell are the technician blueprints looting in crafting?... many of these still have markup values from the time before they were in the technician... seems like they ought to be removed from the technician or removed from the loot pool, not left in both with historic markup indicators for scammers to have their way on new folks?...

If you think 5 PED is to expencive just buy 3 V1 books for the same storage.

Is that really an issue?
Beside that, we dont need the books at all these days, as you can craft any BP you have in inventory or storage even if it is dropped into some containers.

You can alternatively use any container (incl. Vehicles) to store BPs and still be able to craft them!

Personally I would really prefer the old system, that BPs is only shown in crafting mashines when actually stored in a book which you have in your inventory.

If you think 5 PED is to expencive just buy 3 V1 books for the same storage.

Is that really an issue?
I don't really think it's expensive. I just think it's stupid that the cost per slot on the Volume 2 book is more than on the Volume I book... It looks like it might be saving you storage slots or something, but it's not really since cost per slot is actually lower on the volume I...

To put it another way since this silly crafting event started I've looted TT Value of over 18 US dollars in L welding wire bps in addition to loads of other blueprints. I started putting them in to resettlement containers and pit bulls, but now am just putting them in to books in those other boxes til I can get back to Calypso to craft em or something...

If other crafters are getting the same amount of L bps regularly doing this type of stuff and this is 'normal' amount of bps to get, and they are all going in to books, that's a lot of peds going in to books over time.

I realize most crafters probably don't actually buy books, and just do something like throw it all in arkadia underground or hell storage or whatever (much like I used to do before I started using those excess storage units to store pets before juicing them since pet itself is not lootable in space but post juicing is), but the books actually do make it easier to keep track of what you have and where it is, just like boxes do. Once you go over any planet's storage's limit you can still store things in those storage units, but you cannot 'see' anything over the max the storage container shows unless you move it out of storage in to avatar inventory. Boxes and books make it easier to not go over that max, so you can actually sort out what you have and don't and where it is...

Personally I would really prefer the old system, that BPs is only shown in crafting mashines when actually stored in a book which you have in your inventory.
Agree with you there somewhat. It is nice to compare things as it is now, but it's also a bit fumbly if you aren't exactly sober when you hit the machine as you could easily click on one of the dupes that are lower qr on accident since they come up to top sometimes.

Last edited:
and while they are at it let em make complete books tradeable. its a pain in the ass having to take everything out andb ack in again

and while they are at it let em make complete books tradeable. its a pain in the ass having to take everything out andb ack in again

This here is more useful then changing the TT value of books....but i would go further and not just be complete books, but any books should be tradeable with BP's in it. I give away Component BP's that are dupes to newer players for free and currently have them stored in books so i can easily access them. Would rather just give them the whole book that is not fully complete then take them all out individually.

Back