Thread: Dead ship flies

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Alaina Bonnie Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images

Dead ship flies

Has anyone else came across this recently? Trying to gauge if it’s a know bug/hack.

I shot down the pirate ship, Ship destroyed, destroyed message in chat, red bar etc. Ship does not relocate to space station as it normally would. Shortly thereafter the pilot renters pilot seat and flies the “dead” ship. Still red bar, unable to be shot as it’s “dead”

It’s all very piratey, ghost ships and all!

/join #space_travel 4000+member original space channel-used by the major transport providers
    Click banner below for warp flight info
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes, yes, yes so y'all are the hottest skill'in team in the universe....

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Granny Rowan Render
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    If it happens just once it could be a bug, but if it happens repeatedly with same people then it becomes an exploit.
    Interesting it was a pirate operated ship... was the pirates that exploited the 'ship ghosting' after a short warp during space battles a few years ago.

But I agree it should be reported to MA, as if a bug and it gets fixed then exploiting it fails too. I am sure MA would check in any case to see if was done deliberately or frequently

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Alaina Bonnie Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Granny Rowan View Post
    If it happens just once it could be a bug, but if it happens repeatedly with same people then it becomes an exploit.
    Interesting it was a pirate operated ship... was the pirates that exploited the 'ship ghosting' after a short warp during space battles a few years ago.

But I agree it should be reported to MA, as if a bug and it gets fixed then exploiting it fails too. I am sure MA would check in any case to see if was done deliberately or frequently
    Apparently, (according to the pirate) it happened the previous time he was killed recently by Normandie too. He claims he was trapped for 24 hours, and was going to report us for imprisoning him Either way it needs sorted, although we are not quite sure just how much the ghost ship is capable of.

Has there been any word of similar happening with other ships? Might be worth a test to see if we can replicate it, and yes MA are aware.
    /join #space_travel 4000+member original space channel-used by the major transport providers

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Black Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    I have seen it twice so far with same ship and pirate in the last few days, since he hunts dropships just like we do, we likely will test it another time tonight and keep you posted
    He seems to time the logout to be shortly before ship destruction and logs back in into the destroyed ship having control to pilot.
    My assumption so far is that he is tied to the seat in which he logs out, if he had logged while being inside he likely would have been stuck inside - so by logging in the pilot seat he continues to be able to fly but cant repair - question being if he can gain pilot skill from flying a destroyed ship into mobs.

Another question would be how long Mindark wants to leave bugs in place where people can hunt in pvp with invulnerability mode while other have to hunt at risk...they know about this apparently for some time.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Black Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John B Knight View Post
    I have seen it twice so far with same ship and pirate in the last few days, since he hunts dropships just like we do, we likely will test it another time tonight and keep you posted
    He seems to time the logout to be shortly before ship destruction and logs back in into the destroyed ship having control to pilot.
    My assumption so far is that he is tied to the seat in which he logs out, if he had logged while being inside he likely would have been stuck inside - so by logging in the pilot seat he continues to be able to fly but cant repair - question being if he can gain pilot skill from flying a destroyed ship into mobs.

Another question would be how long Mindark wants to leave bugs in place where people can hunt in pvp with invulnerability mode while other have to hunt at risk...they know about this apparently for some time.
    One more addition:
    The reason this is happening has always been the same since space release in 2011 - the inside and outside of the ship go out of sync because they are on different servers. And the quickfix to this has usually always been a serverreset of the respective space server. One would think that mindark could come up with a respawn solution for spaceships that puts them back in sync without restarting the server - if they had done so 7 years ago they probably would have saved hundreds of serverresets, thousands of avatar relocations and even more support cases - talk about ressources wasted over time.
    I reported in all detail all those synchronisation bugs back in 2011/2012.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Alaina Bonnie Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    I've just realised the thread title sounds like I am talking about ship flies dying. Bugs everywhere!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Maybe the pirate is Dutch.. then it's all very possible.

Muhahaha The Flying Dutchman!

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Alaina Bonnie Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
    Maybe the pirate is Dutch.. then it's all very possible.

Muhahaha The Flying Dutchman!
    I was asking that exact question this morning! What was the ghost ship in pirates of the Caribbean lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Alainax View Post
    I've just realised the thread title sounds like I am talking about ship flies dying. Bugs everywhere!
    Hiya, long time no see! Greetings to you and the troopers!
    Problems with flies and flying reminds me of the problems an AI translation algorithm had with the sentence:
    Time flies like an arrow.
    It decided that time was an adjective for flies, like 'day' in day job, and that 'like' was the verb, and decided the sentence had to mean something like: Time-flies enjoy an arrow every now and again.

Cherish the times when we can smugly look at AI and think we are a whole lot smarter...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast