Question: What resources are vital to EU?

Mr Celestine

Hatchling
Mr Celestine Aurel
Hi everyone,

I've been wondering for a few days about the different resources and how some types have gone completely useless while some are vital to the production lines. For example the resources from RockTropia - they are rarely used, rarely seen in AH and quite obsolete since nobody seems to be using them (most of them, anyways) anymore. On the contrary we have Gazzurdite which seems to be one of the main staples in EU:s economy.

With the more complex production lines (resource --> component --> advanced component --> finished product) some classic resources have become vital in the early stages of refinement and processing into usable items which people actually use.

So, what resources seem vital in todays EU? The days of ingots to finished products seem gone and the economy itself is getting really interesting for nerds like me who want to understand complex systems and how they interact and react on the rise and fall of prices in-game.

Do I even need to mention the collapse of the iron market now that the Agrash are the latest massacre-hype? It's such a perfect example to follow in the coming months once the Agrash are old new once again. :rolleyes:

Celestine

What do you mean with "vital"?

Vital to the game's survival of vital as in worthwhile to obtain?

What do you mean with "vital"?

Vital to the game's survival of vital as in worthwhile to obtain?

Vital as in a resource being used in several, important production lines. Vital in this case refers to important commidities which players indirectly need via their crafted gear. Resources being most used in most blueprints creating items people actually use. Used items differ of course, but I think you get my point. :wise:

Examples like ArMatrix weapons at the moment, or armor, platings, vehicles, mining tools, etc. that are widely used.

I'd say iron and gazzurdite are two vital resources. Rugaritz and "jazz" ingots are not widely needed. Components and animal products could also be vital resources.

Weekly Hunting Stats
Total value 3 717 115 PED (-12.06 %)
Weekly Globals 32 455 (-13.84 %)
Most globals Merry Mayhem Kerberos

Weekly Mining Stats
Total value 739 909 PED (+24.31 %)
Weekly Globals 5 854 (+25.33 %)
Most globals Lysterium Stone

Weekly Crafting Stats
Total value 2 666 529 PED (+1.67 %)
Weekly Globals 14 064 (+5.01 %)
Most globals Explosive Projectiles

There are many vital resources, i can make a long list, but i would say that mining gets fked up each time, each event as it can result from EL statistics (lately it started to increase). MA treating miners with its arse and still going silent. They made an "event" in manufacturing (fail after 1st payout) if we can call it like that, and thats it. Its obvious that they dont give a damn about the other professions outside hunting. I wonder how long would it be like this.

Vital as in a resource being used in several, important production lines. Vital in this case refers to important commidities which players indirectly need via their crafted gear. Resources being most used in most blueprints creating items people actually use. Used items differ of course, but I think you get my point. :wise:

Examples like ArMatrix weapons at the moment, or armor, platings, vehicles, mining tools, etc. that are widely used.

Ah ok.
Well, there's a very easy way to check this.

Just browse the auction.
Anything being sold for <105% is not very vital.

But you will also find materials like output amplifiers, focus lense compontents etc etc which are being sold for 200% or more.

Also, check the auctions graphs and you will see that some items that went for TT are now worth 200%+ and some items where worth 200%+ are now worth TT.
That fluctuates after updates and introduction of new items.

So the system is dynamic.

For example, when I started my primordial longu iron mission the Tier VII components they looted where worth 200%. Now they sell for up to 700%. Happened within a year.

So prices are very dynamic.

Some prices are also event based. Event mobs drop specific items, so price of those mats drop. But after event is over, the price will rise again.

Btw, if you check auction prices, also look at the quantities sold. Because very low quantity items, those prices can not be representative.

This was actually brought up by mindark not that long ago. One of the things they are trying to do is reduce the number of resources used in crafting. I don't happen to have the link handy for thst post though

This was actually brought up by mindark not that long ago. One of the things they are trying to do is reduce the number of resources used in crafting. I don't happen to have the link handy for thst post though

That would be really interesting to read! That would make resources increase in MU and make the production lines easier. A revived, (L)-focused economy seems to be the only way to make mining and crafting interesting again.

Does anyone know the link to the Mindark-statement on crafting?

Hi everyone,

I've been wondering for a few days about the different resources and how some types have gone completely useless while some are vital to the production lines. For example the resources from RockTropia - they are rarely used, rarely seen in AH and quite obsolete since nobody seems to be using them (most of them, anyways) anymore. On the contrary we have Gazzurdite which seems to be one of the main staples in EU:s economy.

On rt most trading is still being done through private trades. join #rocktrading at prime time ~20-22 pm MA time.

Ah ok.
Well, there's a very easy way to check this.

Just browse the auction.
Anything being sold for <105% is not very vital.

Its not that easy.

<105% could also mean its to easy to obtain, oversupply, but it makes that resource not less vital for overall EU economy.

Remove oil and lyst, and crafting will have a problem here, both below 105% most times.

Same can be said about many many other comon loots/finds, where the low MU just come from oversupply (to easy to get it in large quantity), although its used regularly in large amounts in crafting!

One problem here is the fairly small number of crafters vs the large numbers of hunters/miners, and to many easy to get (cheap) UL gear that makes a lot crafting obsolete (less demand).

MA simply has no balancing manager with good economical knowledge to adjust loot compilation to have a well balanced economy.
So its totally up to us players what we use for crafting and what not, the oversupply from hunting/mining is there.
Crafter has just to wait untill price for raw materials are low enough to make a crafting run profitable/break even.

Its not that easy.

<105% could also mean its to easy to obtain, oversupply, but it makes that resource not less vital for overall EU economy.

Remove oil and lyst, and crafting will have a problem here, both below 105% most times.

I was going say something similer. I often get asked why i dont have large stacks of belk,lyst,oil etc I just simple dont go and mine because it such mu its throwing money away. When i do have it, its from normally mining some other mat with decent mu thats shared the same area.

On rt most trading is still being done through private trades. join #rocktrading at prime time ~20-22 pm MA time.

Through shops on Rock as well, most of my crafting ores are purchased through shops or private trade or self produced.

If you want to know "vital" as in "what's always used atm", that's lots of stuff. Low MU things like lyst and residue has a huge market.

The best way to find out how important a resource is to the community is to go through each resource and see the "amount sold" over time.

ofc if you want to profit, aim for things >105% mu. Roughly speaking.

Ped, followed shortly by pec... All else isn't vital.

Thanks alot for your answers, guys. Always interesting to get input and feedback!

The answer is that the staples of our economy change constantly, there are a great many of them, and it really just depends who is crafting how much of what when - and by extension, what items are in demand from hunters and miners and when (as a hunter, when my goals change, my gear changes to suit; and a significant change in my avatar skills can mean a nearly completely different set of (L) gear). But GoNi has given a pretty accurate picture.
One might also have a glance at the "Buying" section of the trade forums, and for Rocktropia, have a look at what's being bought by the Pop Shop.
As an aspiring crafter skilling into my professions (weapons, armor, vehicles), most of the materials I consume are ultra common, thus low market value, ores/enmats. From my own hunting, I use animal oils, wools, and some dozen fiddly little geetuses whose names contain "Component". And though I don't use paint, I have found it very easy to sell (any color). Same goes for any and all extractors. And on Arkadia and Toulan, animal leathers and textures.

Back