Info: Ricks 2019 FEN hunting Thread.

Yep I voted leave. You know my real name right Mega? I helped fund this film, my name is in the credits. 2.8 million views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMxfAkxfQ0&list=PLrgytSOvo3OAnHKInQb7HmWoXyBzg1UDC

Quicker we can get anyway from the USSR of Europe the better mate.

Rick

Thank you guys for voting leave, a good friend of mine found job in Warsaw for J.P Morgan, they moved there due to brexit things. Maybe I will have a chance to fly there to meet him soon. I believe democracy has its pros & cons. I respect your democratic decision and therefore I expect you to be outside of EU on 30th March. Deal or no deal.

Decision is decision. For one, like messi91, this game is a substantial part of his life. He may spend most of his best years of life grinding virtual points for killing robots and monsters. Will wake up being 40 years old lonely level 700 laser pistolerr, and Rick on the other hand decided to leave and stop depositing and will probably start something new in his life. Who knows what. Their lifes, their decisions. Both of them will go different paths now. World is full of different people, some will be victims forever, some will be always rude, and some other will profit on them.

Regards and have a chill friday!
boring_player

Decision is decision. For one, like messi91, this game is a substantial part of his life. He may spend most of his best years of life grinding virtual points for killing robots and monsters. Will wake up being 40 years old lonely level 700 laser pistolerr,

Hahaha, so true!!! First wise words from you so far! :thumbup:

and Rick on the other hand decided to leave and stop depositing and will probably start something new in his life. Who knows what. Their lifes, their decisions. Both of them will go different paths now. World is full of different people, some will be victims forever, some will be always rude, and some other will profit on them.

Regards and have a chill friday!
boring_player

Lol, but here you're wrong.
Rick will also still be here, just as lonely, staring at his pets and his empty ped card, complaining how MA took it all.
Still wondering how this could happen.
Posting many disgrumpled posts about it, making us all so sad.

And we will also still be here, reading Messi's posts about how wonderful he is with his lvl 700 skill and reading about ricks gamblers fallacy and consiracy posts about how messi got to that lvl 700.

And so we will all be here, walking in the same circle, year after year.
How nice it can be to be a goldfish!

This thread is a beautiful metaphor for Brexit (and I bet you still believe in that too, Rick).

Brexit is not politics, Brexit is exposing frauds, exposing people that have dung for brains... :yup:

Some people are prepared to give up their Sovereignty becasue they fear risk and opportunity, others like to believe their country would be better served making their own decisions. I don't understand why millions of people think it's ok the EU Commsion to dictates policy, and the EU Parliament are in effect puppets to any ambitions the Commision desire (it's not a parliament as we would expect, they can't propose legislation)......but we could argue about it until the cows come home. Don't get me on the euro and how that has decimated the southern block of member states as they can't devalue their currency to be competative. You can't measure say Germany with the same strength of currency as Greece, and no country is going to hand over their fiscal policy.

Many don't like Trump, but millions voted for him. How many people voted Juncker to speak on their behalf? simple as that really.

Rick will also still be here, just as lonely, staring at his pets and his empty ped card, complaining how MA took it all.
Still wondering how this could happen.
Posting many disgrumpled posts about it, making us all so sad.

hahaha is it a complaint though? I thought my thread was about returns and how it forced me to lose interest. Its a game, I can take it or leave it. If your gaming is all sweet and roses you got nothing to be sad about, although I suspect many come to this thread looking for answers.

Far from lonely mate, one of the reasons I play EU is my wife whose ten years younger than me, has an extremely high sex drive. It gets a bit much at times coping with her constant demands for 12 years solid. A man needs a couple of days to refuel after being milked....haha. Even cows get a rest from that kind of treatment.

I got some hours to kill though, since work is slow. So maybe I was frustrated as couldn't use that time as I would've preferred. By hey-ho it's not the end of the world.

Go in game HOF it UP, post your cool hofs.
Give me something to cheers about :)
List all your FEN stuff you're looting, to save me going to tracker and checking rare loots....hahaha.

Laters

Rick

the only difference between rick and messi (...)

Two guys are walking across the street to get to a bar.

One of them cannot be distracted from his goal, he only sees the bar and nothing else. He ends up being hit by a car.

The other is distracted all too easily, he's watching clouds in the sky and birds in the trees. He ends up being hit by a car, too.

The moral of the story is there needs to be balance and moderation in everything... and you also need to watch out for fookin cars.

Far from lonely mate, one of the reasons I play EU is my wife whose ten years younger than me, has an extremely high sex drive. It gets a bit much at times coping with her constant demands for 12 years solid. A man needs a couple of days to refuel after being milked....haha. Even cows get a rest from that kind of treatment.

Rick

Ahhh there you have it.

In Holland we have a saying, literally translated "lucky in love, unlucky in games"
There you have the answer to all your bad loots!

You're just simply to lucky in love, autoclicking next target all day while being milked by your wife sitting under your desk.
I'll trade that for a hof ANY day! :wtg:
You lucky bastard!! :laugh:

Two guys are walking across the street to get to a bar.

One of them cannot be distracted from his goal, he only sees the bar and nothing else. He ends up being hit by a car.

The other is distracted all too easily, he's watching clouds in the sky and birds in the trees. He ends up being hit by a car, too.

The moral of the story is there needs to be balance and moderation in everything... and you also need to watch out for fookin cars.

No one cares about your story :smoke:

Ahhh there you have it.

In Holland we have a saying, literally translated "lucky in love, unlucky in games"
There you have the answer to all your bad loots!

You're just simply to lucky in love, autoclicking next target all day while being milked by your wife sitting under your desk.
I'll trade that for a hof ANY day! :wtg:
You lucky bastard!! :laugh:

Not sure if I'm allowed to talk like this in PCF....but anyway (funny).

When I was first dating her, she had this thing for on the spur of the moment passion. She'd drag me into McDonalds (ladies toilets) for a quicky. She was a very very bad girl....with out and about sessions.

This is type of woman she is. Back in the day when there was a lot more team hunting, I used to run "Juria Blood and Friends" team hunt every Sunday. Used to be maxed 12 team most of the time. For her 'entertainment' was giving BJ's while I was trying to manage the team on the hunt....that's her sense of humour....LOL.

I'll tell you what though, if you ever go to Venice for a passion trip. That's the type of woman you want with you, had some amazing short breaks there.

Don't get me wrong it's lovely to have a woman like that, but I'm pushing 50 now and at that age you just can't do 14 times a week anymore.....just can't. So I just buy her a load of bedroom power tools to play with these days.

Even with all the kids, hasn't slowed her down.

Ohhh and she's shit at housework.....so it's not all perfect. Funny stuff.

Rick

When I was first dating her, she had this thing for on the spur of the moment passion. She'd drag me into McDonalds (ladies toilets) for a quicky. She was a very very bad girl....with out and about sessions.

This is type of woman she is. Back in the day when there was a lot more team hunting, I used to run "Juria Blood and Friends" team hunt every Sunday. Used to be maxed 12 team most of the time. For her 'entertainment' was giving BJ's while I was trying to manage the team on the hunt....that's her sense of humour....LOL.

I'll tell you what though, if you ever go to Venice for a passion trip. That's the type of woman you want with you, had some amazing short breaks there.

Don't get me wrong it's lovely to have a woman like that, but I'm pushing 50 now and at that age you just can't do 14 times a week anymore.....just can't. So I just buy her a load of bedroom power tools to play with these days.

Rick

Dude, now you really have to quite these posts.
It's just simply...not fair!!!

You really deserve the WORST LOOT MA HAS TO OFFER!!!!

I don't even want to know what's sitting under your desk right now....

Rick

Soo instead of running with that bloody mace in entropia, run around the football pitch sometimes and the 14 times a week will be zero problem. Trust me :cool:

The difference between us is that my lady learned how to cook. It took here fairy long but now I do not order fast food as often as I did before and that is another profit.

Rick, hope this helps you:

- Filtered weapons to be:
1) Eff > 69
2) SIB = Yes
3) No (L) weapons
4) Max dmg/sec = your weapon

These are the results, ordered by dmg/sec:

In my honest opinion, with 4k PEDs bankroll, you shouldnt be hunting with such a big weapon.
Taking a closer look on the table, if we ignore all the "token trader" weapons, the only and best weapon for you would be the "weak argonaut claw".

Now lets look at the amp:

If you pair the weak argonaut claw with the trauma II FEN i believe you will get the high efficiency you are looking for and being a weaker weapon will make your bankroll last a lot more. With that weapon i would advise you to hunt mobs between 400 and 800 HP.

Best of luck.

Rick, hope this helps you:

- Filtered weapons to be:
1) Eff > 69
2) SIB = Yes
3) No (L) weapons
4) Max dmg/sec = your weapon

These are the results, ordered by dmg/sec:

In my honest opinion, with 4k PEDs bankroll, you shouldnt be hunting with such a big weapon.
Taking a closer look on the table, if we ignore all the "token trader" weapons, the only and best weapon for you would be the "weak argonaut claw".

Now lets look at the amp:

If you pair the weak argonaut claw with the trauma II FEN i believe you will get the high efficiency you are looking for and being a weaker weapon will make your bankroll last a lot more. With that weapon i would advise you to hunt mobs between 400 and 800 HP.

Best of luck.

In my humble opinion - this is great advice. I have this setup & its working on 1.5k mobs - which keeps me happy.

Side note. I have really enjoyed this thread - there is some very solid advice and its a good reference for new hunters in the years to come.

Funny stuff.

If we're at the funny/joking stage, I have a funny comment as well
Rick, I think your lady is a vampire :vampire: , she somehow managed to suck all your brains through your ... :banana: well during those 12 man team hunts.
:beerchug:

Definitely a good case study for new players to read. Rick himself is obviously not susceptible to any of it with his emotion-driven approach, his delusions and bizarre conspiracy theories simply too deeply rooted since years now, but it’s a recommended read for new players willing to learn.

- There is no connection between what you deposit into the game and your loot returns.
- MA does not decide who gets what. How could they justify spending any time on that at all? Ask yourself how that would be even remotely well spent precious work hours on their part?
- No, MA didn't reward Rick that 6k hof for him bidding on motherships.
- No, he didn't get that 5k hof for promoting CLD's.
- No, he didn't get that 5k on CP due to having bought an XI chip right before.
- No, you won't get back in loot what you bought skill chips (or anything) for and it was never like this.

etc etc

It’s all delusion and an extreme case of the human nature of looking for and seeing patterns, even when there are none. The TT you get back in loot is directly related to how much TT you spend on the mobs, your looter level and the stats of your gear. Nothing more, nothing less.

Rick does have one point though. He reflects on that peds lasted longer in the past and pins it down to his usual explanations of MA giving it to a list of friends, chosen players and whatnot, but the core element here is actually volatility of loot. It needs to be lower still.
Years ago, loot was a lot more stable; the extremes were both shorter (in amount of kills needed) before turning back around and less extreme. Sidenote: worth to mention, there is probably also an added effect on how we experience this as a playerbase due to the fact that we hunt mobs with a lot more HP nowadays. More HP -> less amount of kills per peds spent -> higher volatility per peds spent.

Either way, especially important for MA to have a look at volatility in terms of retaining new players imo. Someone returning from his first 200 kills with a 85% tt return (which is absolutely normal today before it turns, Rick had 82% in ~500 kills in this log before calling it quits for reference, albeit impatiently spread out between more than one mob and involving a taxed area etc) is likely never coming back if he hasn’t read up or talked to an experienced hunter. This is a problem.

It is a different game than what it used to be. But due to it's nature of a real cash economy, this happens. it's not just the average game for entertainment. It can't remain in the same state forever, there are quite powerful forces in motion in an economy pushing in different directions. Those who are not open for adaptation and adjustments will likely get disappointed sooner or later. Much like in real life, really.

Life is about adventure and excitement. ;)

PS:What was the thread topic about again? :laugh:

LOL….yeah.

I was laughing to myself few mins ago, thinking I had the will and determination to help change the political direction of one of the greatness nations on the planet in the Real World (in the last few years)....and I won.

I will bring down the political European Union (they got no army lol), might take a few more years, but the real games are in play.

Not that I want to bring down this EU, I'm very fond of it. I simply want some fairness when I pay.

Have a good day fella....smiles.

Rick

Last edited:
If we're at the funny/joking stage, I have a funny comment as well
Rick, I think your lady is a vampire :vampire: , she somehow managed to suck all your brains through your ... :banana: well during those 12 man team hunts.
:beerchug:

She's a vampire in the sense she knows 'how' to get money out of me, MA should give her a job....hahaha.
Most women seed an idea, then over the course of a few days attempt to convince their man it's was their idea in the first place. Clever beautiful animals they are.

My women uses her body, and makes it quite clear she's earning the favours she's after (during the process). It's cool game actually....it's that 'game' that I love if I'm honest. She knows that I know she's taking me to the cleaners, but she still knows it's about 'choice'...hahaha so funny.. I allow MA to play those games too, but there are limits...hahah.

edit: Laughing thinking about the past. Her most epic success was about 4 years ago. She talked me into staying home on my birthday rather than go to work, then she would take me out for breakfast. During that breakfast she 'seeded' the idea it would be a great idea if we used the day to look at some new cars. I told her I wasn't in the mood to spend my day looking at cars.

We got back from breakfast and I said I'm going to play EU today, within 10 mins into my hunt, she arrived in front of me kitted out in fishnet stocking...the whole works. Within an hour she'd talked me into going to two car showrooms. We went.....but I wasn't happy with the deals on offer so we ended up back at home, and I logged into EU again.

Two or so hours had past and she went all-in with her womanly powers again, and raised the bar, and talked me into going to another 2 showrooms. Lets just say by the end of the day, she'd convinced me to put a deposit down on a brand new motor...on "my" birthday.

Two hours later.....it finalised dawned on me, what she had achieved. Then I laughed so hard, and thought to myself.....this is why love this woman. Not because of the sex, but because she mind f***ed me.

Definitely a good case study for new players to read. Rick himself is obviously not susceptible to any of it with his emotion-driven approach, his delusions and bizarre conspiracy theories simply too deeply rooted since years now, but it’s a recommended read for new players willing to learn.

- There is no connection between what you deposit into the game and your loot returns.
- MA does not decide who gets what. How could they justify spending any time on that at all? Ask yourself how that would be even remotely well spent precious work hours on their part?
- No, MA didn't reward Rick that 6k hof for him bidding on motherships.
- No, he didn't get that 5k hof for promoting CLD's.
- No, he didn't get that 5k on CP due to having bought an XI chip right before.
- No, you won't get back in loot what you bought skill chips (or anything) for and it was never like this.

etc etc

It’s all delusion and an extreme case of the human nature of looking for and seeing patterns, even when there are none. The TT you get back in loot is directly related to how much TT you spend on the mobs, your looter level and the stats of your gear. Nothing more, nothing less.

Rick does have one point though. He reflects on that peds lasted longer in the past and pins it down to his usual explanations of MA giving it to a list of friends, chosen players and whatnot, but the core element here is actually volatility of loot. It needs to be lower still.
Years ago, loot was a lot more stable; the extremes were both shorter (in amount of kills needed) before turning back around and less extreme. Sidenote: worth to mention, there is probably also an added effect on how we experience this as a playerbase due to the fact that we hunt mobs with a lot more HP nowadays. More HP -> less amount of kills per peds spent -> higher volatility per peds spent.

Either way, especially important for MA to have a look at volatility in terms of retaining new players imo. Someone returning from his first 200 kills with a 85% tt return (which is absolutely normal today before it turns, Rick had 82% in ~500 kills in this log before calling it quits for reference, albeit impatiently spread out between more than one mob and involving a taxed area etc) is likely never coming back if he hasn’t read up or talked to an experienced hunter. This is a problem.

It is a different game than what it used to be. But due to it's nature of a real cash economy, this happens. it's not just the average game for entertainment. It can't remain in the same state forever, there are quite powerful forces in motion in an economy pushing in different directions. Those who are not open for adaptation and adjustments will likely get disappointed sooner or later. Much like in real life, really.

Look none of it matters...its not worth the argument. All it comes down to real money.

Someone has to pay CLD or other deed income if its withdrawn.
Someone has to pay multi planet PP office staff
Someone has to pay if a collection of players are pulling profits out each month 'every' month.

The big question is (for me anyway), is if the game has become more brutal, the income versus cost balance might be struggling to cope. Now I've done my bit, always deposited for play, always deposited for items, always deposited for deeds.

I am a good customer. So at times I want to remind MA how 'valuable' a good customer is to them. Again it comes down to choice. I choose to take a break from deposits reinforcing that 'choice' message....smiles.

That really is the end of the story. But it's cool. It's just games. EU is a game within a game within a game.

Mwah...Rick.

Last edited:
Look none of it matters...its not worth the argument.
Well, to present a contrasting picture for new (and uninformed) players not based on urban myths and conspiracy theories, yes it is. This is exactly why you experience so much heat around here.

All it comes down to real money.

Someone has to pay CLD or other deed income if its withdrawn.
Someone has to pay multi planet PP office staff
Someone has to pay if a collection of players are pulling profits out each month 'every' month.

Sure but... deed income comes from other players putting tt into the loot pool. Money that was deposited in the first place, right?

If a collection of players are pulling out profits each month it's because they profited from markup. Markup that was paid by other players' deposited peds already. Even if it's hard to believe for some from looking at the mischievous global messages (and I get that), high turnover hunters like Messi and Evey just to mention two from this thread, does not profit from tt alone. It comes from markup that other players pay them for their loot. Peds already deposited.

MA needs to have more peds getting deposited than withdrawn, absolutely. But since the average player only gets 95% back in tt from the loot pool, that's 5% less on people's accounts to withdraw. It all but ensures withdrawals not exceeding deposits if you look at the bigger scale. Because the extra peds those who profits builds comes from other players paying the markup with already deposited peds, as I mentioned above.

From experience I know you struggle with percentages and numbers but I can't really break it down any more simple than this. If you still don't get it, fine, if at least one other person learned something from reading it my work is done.

The big question is (for me anyway), is if the game has become more brutal, the income versus cost balance might be struggling to cope. Now I've done my bit, always deposited for play, always deposited for items, always deposited for deeds.

I am a good customer. So at times I want to remind MA how 'valuable' a good customer is to them. Again it comes down to choice. I choose to take a break from deposits reinforcing that 'choice' message....smiles.
Once again, MA does not decide who gets what. It is automatically built into tt spent to kill the mob, looter level and stats of used gear. If you don't deposit they won't be affected other than through that the ingame economy will be affected. MA profits indirectly from peds being cycled into loot pool, from a "vibrant ingame economy" so to speak, as explained above. You purchasing that mace gave profit to the player selling it to you, not MA. They profit from the difference in deposits and withdrawals, which is ensured longterm, but grows bigger with higher activity ingame.

Rick, following my previous post, where i gave you advice on the weapon your bankroll suports, i will give you an advice to help you get rid of all those conspiracy theories:

Deposit 100£ on your wife's or friends accounts. Trade those PEDs to your accounts and play with those. I assure you will get the same results if you had deposited directly into your accounts.

Best regards.

You have a lot of valid points UnaAlconbury

All I'm 'suggesting', is that there're a lot more avenues or shall I say options to withdraw than what existed previously. That's not a bad thing....MA can sell that up with good PR.

What I'm saying is, if a group of investors are getting say $5000 profit from what ever that investment they own, and regularly pull sums like that out of the game....then it needs $5000 of deposits to balance that back.

But that doesn't include overhead cost to run the entire game....that requires more 'real' cash.

So it's fair to assume that a lot of income to MA is going to those investors. Again I'm not saying that is wrong....I'm just saying that costs more real money.

Many players will use their deed income to play the game....all good. But we can not deny it, there are professional investors within EU, with the 'only' ambition to use the game as real life income and not play at all. So someone has to pay!!!!

I understand MA are trying to move and balance an oil tanker, and they've done very well at steering that for 15 years. Good to them, well done. I have no issues. But it still doesn't mitigate my concern wondering what percentage of my deposited cash supports costs that don't benefit me.

Again not a problem....it's choice.

Look I don't hate EU at all, I hope the game continues. I'm just thinking how much is it going to cost me moving forward. That's fair questions to raise. and normal to think about such issues.

It's all ok....I'm not emotional about it, it's a debate. I'm a realist.

Rick

edit: Look how many of the avas in the top say 40 socs are active? Sure people can retire take time out whatever. Although MA determines the activity in their game, and thus the impact of non-activity.

I had a debate with an EU official n game. How would feel if handed out a load of EU flyers at main train stations in London some evenings after work (to what would be your core market)?

After some discussion the debate came down to this....."I'm not sure our system could cope with say 100K new avas"...….That debate was about 5 years ago....but is it still valid?

Last edited:
What I'm saying is, if a group of investors are getting say $5000 profit from what ever that investment they own, and regularly pull sums like that out of the game....then it needs $5000 of deposits to balance that back.

But that doesn't include overhead cost to run the entire game....that requires more 'real' cash.

I think you are significantly underestimating MA's profit margins mate. Based on EntropiaLife globals alone, MA pulled a minimum profit margin of $20k USD this week from EP4 alone. Just EP4, not counting all the other crafting going on ingame.

I have really enjoyed this thread and now there is more info for players to think about. It just shows even with the best gear and skills, if you don't have the bank roll to deal with down swings then then you just wasting your time.
Players need to figure out what level there skills and gear can handle, but also what there ped card can deal with. You don't have to deposit $1000's a week to play. As little $10 a month will last you, if you stick to low level mobs. The chances of breaking even is slim, have to always take in account 5% loss at least. So you looking to get 5% mu at least to break even. You got remember to get 5% back, some other player has lose a extra 5% to cover the mu. Selling your loot for more than its worth is only way to break even or if your lucky profit. Even though this is common sense and has been mentioned million times, it still fall on deaf ears, as people Egos are so fragile they cant admit they are wrong, but instead blame everyone else for their ignorance.

I think you are significantly underestimating MA's profit margins mate. Based on EntropiaLife globals alone, MA pulled a minimum profit margin of $20k USD this week from EP4 alone. Just EP4, not counting all the other crafting going on ingame.

Those poor bastards.....but ok yeah that's some nice numbers.

I have really enjoyed this thread and now there is more info for players to think about. It just shows even with the best gear and skills, if you don't have the bank roll to deal with down swings then then you just wasting your time.
Players need to figure out what level there skills and gear can handle, but also what there ped card can deal with. You don't have to deposit $1000's a week to play. As little $10 a month will last you, if you stick to low level mobs. The chances of breaking even is slim, have to always take in account 5% loss at least. So you looking to get 5% mu at least to break even. You got remember to get 5% back, some other player has lose a extra 5% to cover the mu. Selling your loot for more than its worth is only way to break even or if your lucky profit. Even though this is common sense and has been mentioned million times, it still fall on deaf ears, as people Egos are so fragile they cant admit they are wrong, but instead blame everyone else for their ignorance.

round and around and around...we go. Look I can tame rabbits forever and never have to deposit....I know that, even on the shitty 6 ped a week I get from 600 ark moon deeds. I know that, but that's not the issue is it. Fuck it....I might even do that to prove a point....or will I be bashed for that? Think about what you are saying.

Playing the game and surviving the game are two different things. We all have different measure of what enjoying our entertainment means.

I want to take a short break from deposits....That's not hatred that choice. Like I've said before, I've been "really vocal" about selling up...mothership sales, mindforce sales, CLD's deeds, compet deeds in the past. I did a lot for the game. So keep bashing me fella.

I'm off for dinner, happy hunting.

Rick

This entire thread was a great read, well could of left out the obvious post that weren't constructive as it doesn't help anyone but besides that a good read threw. I would like to touch on some very important things that I think get lost in the thread and something that "we" really should all care about.

Obvious mistakes were made no need to go over what was covered however what is important is and unfortunate is that Entropia is well losing yet another hunter. Someone who was making a "last attempt" and failed. The focus has been on his "last attempt" and while those mistakes were in fact mistakes it doesn't change what is really important. Why do so many players get to this point? Why do so many players "Feel" the way they do about how bad loot is or bland the game is? Why is it that this game can't grow? All very serious questions and of course the most important focus "we" as a community should have and MA should be focusing on.

The most important number on Entropia Life in regards to hunting isn't who is first, who globaled the most or who found the most rare items. It's how many active "Hunters" do we actually have today and has it consistently grown over the recent years. As of 2-2-19 it is 3,946 down of course from the events of around 4100. However when I joined and found out about this game for the first time in May 2016 that number well was about the same. So the "BIG" question is why has MA failed at gamer retention? Why haven't these numbers gone up consistently to have real growth in the game which is needed. I personally think MA should do everything and anything to raise the active hunters to 8,000 and then 12,000 and then 20,000 and then 50,000. We should be improving not having new players never stick around or old players saying I had enough!

Of course some don't care about the "most important" numbers and why should they? This is a real cash economy first, video game 2nd and as long as someone's investment is fine their life is fine. It's after all human nature. I however like to take a birds eye view and look at the big picture without bias. I would love for this game to grow and it's why I have stuck around. I do in fact love the game and while it can urk me to no ends just like anyone else I see potential, I have met great people and sometimes I do have fun. Just hope MA realizes that potential and overall we can get many many more players and some day have every planet populated with 10,000's of players. Again this would create then competition and well some players that are having success might not like having tons of new players or massive competition in events.

For some perspective on who I am in case people are searching for if anything I say is relevant since I joined in May of 2016 I have accumulated some massive skills doing "everything" and have well over 250 HP and was happy to get tough and many unlocks in my adventures in what you would consider a newer avatar.

With that said I have felt like Rick does and no one again has the right to tell another player or anyone in life how they "should" feel. The reason players develop crazy theories on loot, statistics and everything else is because well it looks that way. If players feel like it's unfair "regardless" of if it is or not that is a failure in MA and the games development. Especially players that have been around and skilled like crazy. Rick isn't the only one there have been 1,000s and they no longer play either which is again unfortunate.

Let me tell you my hunting journey and why I personally felt like Rick has in some ways. The only reason I have lasted and keep playing though is well hunting is just one aspect of the game and happen to be fortunate I find fun in multi skilling professions. Also "I got lucky" more on whether that was luck or not latter.

I recorded my first hunting HOF at level 51 sword. Your eyes aren't deceiving you! Yes I killed 100,000's of mobs and never got a HOF until level 51 in hunting. I wasn't hunting chirpies either. I completed plenty of mission chains that could of given me my first HOF way way sooner. Bronze Kerb, Argo, Bronze Merp, Hadraada, Bokol and many stages of Atrox, Ambu etc etc... My first HOF was a 369 Ped Teladon on Ark and I probably would of never made it that far if for many things. However I was supremely disappointed in my goal in the game of grinding missions and getting all the unlocks. To say I "felt bad" while hunting was an understatement. I had reached that point that no player should in their gaming experience. I no matter what back then could not get a HOF and it felt like why can't I enjoy the game or have fun like other players hunting? Like anyone I started talking to MA out of curiosity on how can I change this? I am stubborn and refuse to give up.

As a gamer I told them that regardless of the algorithm this statistically should never happen. I said if this is happening to other players then there is "Zero" reason for them to continue on or stay. They obviously would quit. They insured me that well it's really unfortunate that despite hunting a lot and grinding that you haven't recorded a HOF yet that all is fine. I had just unlocked coolness at the time and I pushed on to lvl 44 sword and said I had enough. I can't keep going on it just isn't fun I can do other things. I also let MA know that I still continue to not get what "I feel" is correct in the gaming experience. I began going hardcore into my Harvesting and other things I enjoy then the Christmas 2016 boxes were released on the web shop.

I wasn't depositing I had stopped but I thought to myself I would like to buy 5 Christmas boxes. The very first box of my 5 boxes I bought was the 2016 Christmas ring. Finally!!! It was the most exciting experience in the game and finally I felt like despite everything that happened I had actually won. Conspiracy theory time- the odds of me getting the Christmas ring on the very first box I have ever bought and only buying 5 boxes is astronomical. Regardless of what people say and regardless of whether it happens or not. I like to think that MA was watching and said we are sorry and gave me that ring. You can make some pretty compelling points on whether that happens or doesn't and in my case. I at least like to think they were thinking that you know what this guy makes some good points here is your reward we hope you stick around. Guess what? I did. The fact is I am sure the algorithm at least isn't perfect and in fact does give some players the raw end of the deal. I think MA should look out for this. There should be "Bad Loot Protection" and if MA has for some reason never planted an item for someone :laugh: They should start.

Obviously I continued on playing hunting and skilling grinding all over Entropia still to this date. I take some breaks to play other games and compete but I look back and think if I didn't get that ring would have I continued on? Would one of my breaks been the last? It's possible. As a gamer Entropia has a lot of competition.

Long story short a lot has changed even since I joined in 2016. Loot 2.0, efficiency, looter. However one thing that hasn't changed is how stagnant hunting is and how cruel it can be for a lot of people. I really feel bad that many of us get to "the last attempt" like Rick has. I really feel that MA and the Devs have missed the mark if players reach that point. I really hope a lot continues to change this year and that we lose less and gain a lot more players. Anyways wanted to chime in and thought maybe I would tell a fun lil story as well;) I wish everyone luck and hope we all can have and even better game to play tomorrow.

If you read all this thanks and have a great year.

Abomb

Last edited:
Why do so many players get to this point? Why do so many players "Feel" the way they do about how bad loot is or bland the game is?

Because the system does not know how you feel.

(It doesn't matter whether 'the system' refers to Jan Welter Timkrans pulling sliders, temporary replacement assistant janitor pulling sliders, or an automatic script pulling sliders. The outcome is the same.)

The system does not know how you feel. It can only react to your revealed preference - to what you do.

If the system moves the slider a bit towards condition and enough people respond to it by pushing harder and cycling more in longer runs, the change will be considered beneficial, and it will be kept and possibly augmented.

The only way how you can let the system know you don't like the loot - stop and go do something else.

Just to be part of the trending thread of the year , I want to say also something , Rick ,some just faced you some good advices but it’s your decision if you want to listen or not . You can also do your same gameplay but it won’t bring shit , as it was for me , shit gameplay , lot of money lost . But yea , tbh I’m not here to give you advices...
All I want to say is that I have a RL ATH incoming , and also bought tickets for Time Warp ! So FU MA ... yo ain’t getting anything from me from now on ! ,/,

This entire thread was a great read, well could of left out the obvious post that weren't constructive as it doesn't help anyone but besides that a good read threw. I would like to touch on some very important things that I think get lost in the thread and something that "we" really should all care about.

Obvious mistakes were made no need to go over what was covered however what is important is and unfortunate is that Entropia is well losing yet another hunter. Someone who was making a "last attempt" and failed. The focus has been on his "last attempt" and while those mistakes were in fact mistakes it doesn't change what is really important. Why do so many players get to this point? Why do so many players "Feel" the way they do about how bad loot is or bland the game is? Why is it that this game can't grow? All very serious questions and of course the most important focus "we" as a community should have and MA should be focusing on.

The most important number on Entropia Life in regards to hunting isn't who is first, who globaled the most or who found the most rare items. It's how many active "Hunters" do we actually have today and has it consistently grown over the recent years. As of 2-2-19 it is 3,946 down of course from the events of around 4100. However when I joined and found out about this game for the first time in May 2016 that number well was about the same. So the "BIG" question is why has MA failed at gamer retention? Why haven't these numbers gone up consistently to have real growth in the game which is needed. I personally think MA should do everything and anything to raise the active hunters to 8,000 and then 12,000 and then 20,000 and then 50,000. We should be improving not having new players never stick around or old players saying I had enough!

Of course some don't care about the "most important" numbers and why should they? This is a real cash economy first, video game 2nd and as long as someone's investment is fine their life is fine. It's after all human nature. I however like to take a birds eye view and look at the big picture without bias. I would love for this game to grow and it's why I have stuck around. I do in fact love the game and while it can urk me to no ends just like anyone else I see potential, I have met great people and sometimes I do have fun. Just hope MA realizes that potential and overall we can get many many more players and some day have every planet populated with 10,000's of players. Again this would create then competition and well some players that are having success might not like having tons of new players or massive competition in events.

For some perspective on who I am in case people are searching for if anything I say is relevant since I joined in May of 2016 I have accumulated some massive skills doing "everything" and have well over 250 HP and was happy to get tough and many unlocks in my adventures in what you would consider a newer avatar.

With that said I have felt like Rick does and no one again has the right to tell another player or anyone in life how they "should" feel. The reason players develop crazy theories on loot, statistics and everything else is because well it looks that way. If players feel like it's unfair "regardless" of if it is or not that is a failure in MA and the games development. Especially players that have been around and skilled like crazy. Rick isn't the only one there have been 1,000s and they no longer play either which is again unfortunate.

Let me tell you my hunting journey and why I personally felt like Rick has in some ways. The only reason I have lasted and keep playing though is well hunting is just one aspect of the game and happen to be fortunate I find fun in multi skilling professions. Also "I got lucky" more on whether that was luck or not latter.

I recorded my first hunting HOF at level 51 sword. Your eyes aren't deceiving you! Yes I killed 100,000's of mobs and never got a HOF until level 51 in hunting. I wasn't hunting chirpies either. I completed plenty of mission chains that could of given me my first HOF way way sooner. Bronze Kerb, Argo, Bronze Merp, Hadraada, Bokol and many stages of Atrox, Ambu etc etc... My first HOF was a 369 Ped Teladon on Ark and I probably would of never made it that far if for many things. However I was supremely disappointed in my goal in the game of grinding missions and getting all the unlocks. To say I "felt bad" while hunting was an understatement. I had reached that point that no player should in their gaming experience. I no matter what back then could not get a HOF and it felt like why can't I enjoy the game or have fun like other players hunting? Like anyone I started talking to MA out of curiosity on how can I change this? I am stubborn.

As a gamer I told them that regardless of the algorithm this statistically should never happen. I said if this is happening to other players then there is "Zero" reason for them to continue on or stay. They obviously would quit. They insured me that well it's really unfortunate that despite hunting a lot and grinding that you haven't recorded a HOF yet. I had just unlocked coolness at the time and I pushed on to lvl 44 sword and said I had enough. I can't keep going on it just isn't fun I can do other things. I also let MA know that I still continue to not get what "I feel" is correct in the gaming experience. I began going hardcore into my Harvesting and other things I enjoy then the Christmas 2016 boxes were released on the web shop.

I wasn't depositing I had stopped but I thought to myself I would like to buy 5 Christmas boxes. The very first box of my 5 boxes I bought was the 2016 Christmas ring. Finally!!! It was the most exciting experience in the game and finally I felt like despite everything that happened I had actually won. Conspiracy theory time- the odds of me getting the Christmas ring on the very first box I have ever bought and only buying 5 boxes is astronomical. Regardless of what people say and regardless of whether it happens or not. I like to think that MA was watching and said we are sorry and gave me that ring. You can make some pretty compelling points on whether that happens or doesn't and in my case. I at least like to think they were thinking that you know what this guy makes some good points here is your reward we hope you stick around. Guess what? I did. The fact is I am sure the algorithm at least isn't perfect and in fact does give some players the raw end of the deal. I think MA should look out for this. There should be "Bad Loot Protection" and if MA has for some reason never planted an item for someone :laugh: They should start.

Obviously I continued on playing hunting and skilling grinding all over Entropia still to this date. I take some breaks to play other games and compete but I look back and think if I didn't get that ring would have I continued on? Would one of my breaks been the last? It's possible. As a gamer Entropia has a lot of competition.

Long story short a lot has changed even since I joined in 2016. Loot 2.0, efficiency, looter. However one thing that hasn't changed is how stagnant hunting is and how cruel it can be for a lot of people. I really feel bad that many of us get to "the last attempt" like Rick has. I really feel that MA and the Devs have missed the mark if players reach that point. I really hope a lot continues to change this year and that we lose less and gain a lot more players. Anyways wanted to chime in and thought maybe I would tell a fun lil story as well;) I wish everyone luck and hope we all can have and even better game to play tomorrow.

If you read all this thanks and have a great year.

Abomb

Thank you Abomb for your time and effort to write. I read it all, its good to read other players experiences. Regardless what players may or may not do right in game, your own personal experience is the only measure you can use to rate the game.

Gratz on the ring :) Good luck out there

Rick

She's a vampire in the sense she knows 'how' to get money out of me

Based on your other impressions of reality, I tend to not believe a word you say. I think this is also your delusional interpretation of reality. I can be wrong ofc. And if I'm wrong, probably your lady also tried to use reason but seeing the great wall, she used your language. Given that, better call her and tell her to play the game so she will explain you how loot works, in your own language...

As some people said it, but in a different context, you reject the reality and replace it with your own.
Hope it will serve you well and don't hurt yourself or the ones you are responsible for.

Just to be part of the trending thread of the year , I want to say also something , Rick ,some just faced you some good advices but it’s your decision if you want to listen or not . You can also do your same gameplay but it won’t bring shit , as it was for me , shit gameplay , lot of money lost . But yea , tbh I’m not here to give you advices...
All I want to say is that I have a RL ATH incoming , and also bought tickets for Time Warp ! So FU MA ... yo ain’t getting anything from me from now on ! ,/,

Gratz on your forthcoming ATH.....baby on the way maybe? If so that really is a lovely time in your life.

The problem with the good advices, is they generally all advocate the same message. That we need very large bankroll relative to the activity we want to take on. When I read 4K isn't enough for even what's considered average mobs like Atrox or Feffox youngs....I just think to myself, isn't this getting a bit silly.

I've thought about maybe just doing events. Say I said right I'm only going to hunt Merry Mayhem etc. I wouldn't want to depo more than 2K peds. Go in blast it up, when its gone its gone. Why if I only do that event (as an example), would I want to depo 5K peds…..just to have a laugh?

That my friend is the problem. That's not being horrible to MA, or telling people they're wrong, its just the reality of the game I guess.

Anyway. I always say, keep a toe in the game, because you spent a lot of time here. Pop in now and then for few laughs and keep it manageable or simple.

Rick

Based on your other impressions of reality, I tend to not believe a word you say. I think this is also your delusional interpretation of reality. I can be wrong ofc. And if I'm wrong, probably your lady also tried to use reason but seeing the great wall, she used your language. Given that, better call her and tell her to play the game so she will explain you how loot works, in your own language...

As some people said it, but in a different context, you reject the reality and replace it with your own.
Hope it will serve you well and don't hurt yourself or the ones you are responsible for.

She logged in during Merry Mayhem. bought an L Armatrix, and globalled the cost of it back on the first mob. You would say that doesn't happen but it did. She only comes into game once every few months. Alex Lexxi Hackney go check her 'one' global...lol. If you've got the power, load her up hof please dude.

Why don't you tell me a little about you the real person? Got any kids, married? Own your house, shit like that.

When you get to my age, it doesn't matter what people think of me. The shit I took fighting for my country is more than any insult you could ever throw at me. If anything you makes me laugh, at your desperate attempts to belittle me. It's must be cultural thing...lol

Sometimes, I don't act very mature.....you're a poo-poo bum-bum face.

Lots of love, big hug

Rick

Back