Info: Ricks 2019 FEN hunting Thread.

You have a lot of valid points UnaAlconbury

All I'm 'suggesting', is that there're a lot more avenues or shall I say options to withdraw than what existed previously. That's not a bad thing....MA can sell that up with good PR.

What I'm saying is, if a group of investors are getting say $5000 profit from what ever that investment they own, and regularly pull sums like that out of the game....then it needs $5000 of deposits to balance that back.

But that doesn't include overhead cost to run the entire game....that requires more 'real' cash.

So it's fair to assume that a lot of income to MA is going to those investors. Again I'm not saying that is wrong....I'm just saying that costs more real money.

Many players will use their deed income to play the game....all good. But we can not deny it, there are professional investors within EU, with the 'only' ambition to use the game as real life income and not play at all. So someone has to pay!!!!

But this 5k profit comes from other players, with already deposited peds, right? It's not that MA desperately need to get an extra 5k to make up for it when these investors withdraw, they are already up that from the deposited peds by the other players for the consumption of the investors' service. Get the difference?

If you don't like your money going to other players and want to maximize what you get out of your deposits, don't hunt taxed areas for example. I never do unless I can loot more extra markup than what I pay in tax, and the difference between those two is better than the markup I can get anywhere else.

MA sacrifices a few longterm percentages of the normal 5% share (on that LA for example, to pick something) in trade for a big initial deposit, which in turn can fuel another investment on MA's part, for example. In several cases it probably also means a bigger net profit for MA anyway, due to an active investor marketing the service and raising overall activity that way, something MA might not have had the capacity to do.

So that there are more avenues of withdrawal is not necessarily a bad thing for MA. Those withdrawals are created by other players' already deposited peds. As I said before, MA profit from ingame activity, interaction with the loot pool. Their longterm profit is already ensured by the system, the activity just decides how big it will be in net value.

This do cover their overhead costs. Yeah, sometimes they decide to cut off a few % to investors, but in many cases that is a win both short and long term and not just short term.

I understand MA are trying to move and balance an oil tanker, and they've done very well at steering that for 15 years. Good to them, well done. I have no issues. But it still doesn't mitigate my concern wondering what percentage of my deposited cash supports costs that don't benefit me.

Again not a problem....it's choice.

Look I don't hate EU at all, I hope the game continues. I'm just thinking how much is it going to cost me moving forward. That's fair questions to raise. and normal to think about such issues.
Yeah I get that, asking that is perfectly normal and is encouraged but that's not what everyone is talking about in this thread. It's about you throwing wild assumptions, accusations and plain out false information around you. Many people have already tried to direct you and point at mistakes you are making, a recent example being Backbone's post #161 or bigdaddy in #172. Which seems to have been flying over your head, yet again.

Hear me out, this is not an aggressive attack so don't take it the wrong way, but you are making poor decisions, that is your problem and the main reason for the peds not lasting longer. It's no one else's fault but yours, and there is no such thing as cursed avatars, MA micromanaging distribution or sourcing everything to a selected few. This is just delusion and silly conspiracy theories.

The volatility of loot should be lowered by MA so people don't need as big bankrolls to reach 95%, yes, I agree with that. But within these current circumstances, you are making bad decisions. Bad decisions and unwillingness to adapt, demanding the system to adapt to you rather than adapt to the system. Again, this is not your average leisure game, it's a real cash economy with the amazing upside of making real money. Of course it leads to competitiveness, just like in real life. Does the job market adapt to you IRL?

Sure, perfectly reasonable to not play when you don't like something. What you mention of bankroll needed vs the entertainment you get out is fair. It's what many players question lately. But it's the assumptions, accusations and false information you spread that is most people's problem with you on these forums.

I had a debate with an EU official n game. How would feel if handed out a load of EU flyers at main train stations in London some evenings after work (to what would be your core market)?

After some discussion the debate came down to this....."I'm not sure our system could cope with say 100K new avas"...….That debate was about 5 years ago....but is it still valid?
This is a great idea of yours and would be very interesting to hear their words on today. What I can come up with regarding their hesitation 5 years ago is server capacity at the time. And poor newcomer guiding perhaps, which has been worked on since then. Albeit still far from perfect.

If you've got the power, load her up hof please dude.
As a matter of fact I do have the power, I loaded an ATH for her on EP4. Start clicking. It will take a bit.

I do have all sorts of stuff going on IRL. But common sense dictates to not bring that kind of stuff up when out of arguments in a conversation. Not to mention bringing stuff up about the sex life (on forums... in a discussion about loot.... ).
But again, you are so far gone that you are glorious.

Last edited:
Based on your other impressions of reality, I tend to not believe a word you say. I think this is also your delusional interpretation of reality. I can be wrong ofc. And if I'm wrong, probably your lady also tried to use reason but seeing the great wall, she used your language. Given that, better call her and tell her to play the game so she will explain you how loot works, in your own language...

As some people said it, but in a different context, you reject the reality and replace it with your own.
Hope it will serve you well and don't hurt yourself or the ones you are responsible for.

Is your mind really not capable of saying something positive?
" delusional interpretation of reality " .
what a fucked up comment. I am hitting the ignore button on you. Talk to the trees from now on.

Gratz on your forthcoming ATH.....baby on the way maybe? If so that really is a lovely time in your life.

The problem with the good advices, is they generally all advocate the same message. That we need very large bankroll relative to the activity we want to take on. When I read 4K isn't enough for even what's considered average mobs like Atrox or Feffox youngs....I just think to myself, isn't this getting a bit silly.

I've thought about maybe just doing events. Say I said right I'm only going to hunt Merry Mayhem etc. I wouldn't want to depo more than 2K peds. Go in blast it up, when its gone its gone. Why if I only do that event (as an example), would I want to depo 5K peds…..just to have a laugh?

That my friend is the problem. That's not being horrible to MA, or telling people they're wrong, its just the reality of the game I guess.

Anyway. I always say, keep a toe in the game, because you spent a lot of time here. Pop in now and then for few laughs and keep it manageable or simple.

Rick
well yes , and yes.
thing with turnover is not really true that you need lots of kkkkk peds , you can fix a budget of 10k for example with a normal gun . even with that gun that you had, but you need to go after MU , take the MU , insist on it , it will come , hold it , and sell everything with pacience even if you can manage to make 20 ped profit in 5 k oil , make it, dont tt it , maybe that 20 ped will bring you a hof, i think that playing smart is the only chance to survive for long , its not necesarly to have milions of ped gear , just to know your limits , sometimes it will be inevitably to not lose , and you will , but yes important to stick to the plan , try again , same thing and in the end will come also the profit. Sometimes if you manage to find MU on some mobs and in 10k rolled you get the 400 ped MU , it can make you be on a good run.idk , but even with lvl 100 is not a shame to kill lvl 25 mobs , its enough if you manage to find MU , rectelum , marcimex , primordial longu , caperons , spiders , are quite easy to kill ,also cheap , and can give you good MU.some can cost 1.5 ped to kill , some 4 ped , but its a good thing to start.

ok a Challenge...let's just jump to the point. But what I want is everyone's buy-in, including Evry etc.

So lets start with equipment.

I'm not upgrading anymore gear.

So is Adj Jag, FEN Mace, VI amp, and say Ares imp ring, and Mod defence, VI heal chip.

You tell me what to hunt and how much ped I need for that setup please.

I would like please 50 hours worth of hunting...is that enough?

How much ped for the mobs you choose do I need?

If I get enough people that say I'm doing it wrong to accept the challenge. I'll do it.

But I want all the rules clear and understandable, so there can be no excuses for any outcome.

DEAL????????

Rick

well yes , and yes. .

Nice one. Good luck with the baby, do it your way and enjoy.

I'll just give you just one piece of advice to save your own sleep (once you get through the first month).

Put your baby down to sleep and walk away, do not speak, or smile, or turn and look back. No more than 10 seconds at the cot.

You will probably break that rule, as we all do for baby number one (but not baby number 3)...enjoy its all fun hahaha.

Rick

Last edited:
ok a Challenge...let's just jump to the point. But what I want is everyone's buy-in, including Evry etc.

So lets start with equipment.

I'm not upgrading anymore gear.

So is Adj Jag, FEN Mace, VI amp, and say Ares imp ring, and Mod defence, VI heal chip.

You tell me what to hunt and how much ped I need for that setup please.

I would like please 50 hours worth of hunting...is that enough?

How much ped for the mobs you choose do I need?

If I get enough people that say I'm doing it wrong to accept the challenge. I'll do it.

But I want all the rules clear and understandable, so there can be no excuses for any outcome.

DEAL????????

Rick
Hours are irrelevant to return, number of kills is what matters. But say you want to be able to play for 50 hours and pick mob from that instead. I'll go through how I would approach that, a bit simplified.

The setup you have of Mace+VI and Imp Ares runs at 3.42 dmg/pec and 61 dmg/sec.

50 hours nonstop shooting means 60*60*50 = 180,000 seconds, so:
61*180,000 = 10,980,000 total damage.

Due to RL I have very little time to play since last summer so am not as up to date with the swings as I used to be, so someone more active could perhaps chime in here, but I would say 5-10k kills should be a decent number to ride out waves and get a decent stability. At least if you stay away from overly hunted mobs. So say 7.5k. This means:

10,980,000 / 7,500 = 1,464 HP per mob
10,980,000 / 3.42 = about 3.2 million pec or 32k ped total turnover

So to reach 7.5k kills in 50 hours nonstop shooting without having to sell off any loot at all you need a 32k ped bankroll but that is unnecessarily big, especially with all shrapnel conversion. I'd say 10k ped bankroll should be sufficient, but then you need to stay on maximum ~1500 HP mobs.

Use Entropiawiki's Creature Maturity Levels Chart to find something suitable, sorting by HP. Stick to preferably one, maybe two mobs if you get bored, and don't forget; markup is key. Grind it all through, even if it feels uncomfortable with a few k ped down. If you get to the 95% return after 32k ped turnover you'll be looking at -1.6k in tt. Up to markup to decide the rest.

Break a leg, track it all and post here. Cool beans!

Hours are irrelevant to return, number of kills is what matters. But say you want to be able to play for 50 hours and pick mob from that instead. I'll go through how I would approach that, a bit simplified.

Due to RL I have very little time to play since last summer so am not as up to date with the swings as I used to be, so someone more active could perhaps chime in here, but I would say 5-10k kills should be a decent number to ride out waves and get a decent stability. At least if you stay away from overly hunted mobs. So say 7.5k. This means:

So to reach 7.5k kills in 50 hours nonstop shooting without having to sell off any loot at all you need a 32k ped bankroll but that is unnecessarily big, especially with all shrapnel conversion. I'd say 10k ped bankroll should be sufficient, but then you need to stay on maximum ~1500 HP mobs.

Use Entropiawiki's Creature Maturity Levels Chart to find something suitable, sorting by HP. Stick to preferably one, maybe two mobs if you get bored, and don't forget; markup is key. Grind it all through, even if it feels uncomfortable with a few k ped down. If you get to the 95% return after 32k ped turnover you'll be looking at -1.6k in tt. Up to markup to decide the rest.

Again another good advice. Sadly Rick seems to ignore them, since my two posts were ignored and they had good advices, i was told.

I have to agree with Evey, he likes to play the victim and its a waste of time to try to help.

I wont waste more time on this thread.

This seems like it is on track to me. 7500 kills should eliminate a good chunk of volatility, and a 10K PED starting bankroll doesn't seem too far off.

Looking back at my hunting for around merry mayhem I had 16 out of 70 runs that were > 100% TT return. Typically around an hour per run. You're going to see a lot more red than green, but over a long enough set of kills you should end up in the 95-97% range. As mentioned finding MU will be the important bit.

Again another good advice. Sadly Rick seems to ignore them, since my two posts were ignored and they had good advices, i was told.

I have to agree with Evey, he likes to play the victim and its a waste of time to try to help.

I wont waste more time on this thread.

Oh come on fella, have some faith.
Dear old Rick has often been in the race,
Many times I've killed loads of creatures,
To find out the loot, benefit and features,

It's hard to write to all that send a message of advice,
I read your notes, and thank you so much, it was nice,

I'm in wiki looking at the mobs I could bash,
Hoping I will get more back, than the usual trash,
Alconbury took personal time to write his post
I need time to calculate what would return the most.

I do listen to what people have to say,
Even when most of us shoot and then pray.
Lets just remember it's just a game,
How many are really chasing lots of fame.

At some point I'll come in and just have some fun,
Deposit some cash, lose it in a week and run,
I've been here many years and do love the game
Even if my results often end up the same.

I do love the community, because we've all experienced this place,
Even if I'm not happy with the returns of my new FEN mace,

I'll just say this before I go to bed.
Thanks for writing in my thread

xx

Rick

Have you done the prison mission chain?

The mobs are sized perfectly, it is well suited to melee, there is some markup, and the premise of the mission is you are "stuck" there.

Take 2-5k repaired on your club save all loot and sell it. You will spend more time finding buyers as auction isnt viable off calypso, but that will build friends and relationships and make your ped stretch even further.

Have you done the prison mission chain?

The mobs are sized perfectly, it is well suited to melee, there is some markup, and the premise of the mission is you are "stuck" there.

Take 2-5k repaired on your club save all loot and sell it. You will spend more time finding buyers as auction isnt viable off calypso, but that will build friends and relationships and make your ped stretch even further.

My brain isn't focused on hunting at the moment, it's focused on quite a lot of comments, to which I'm struggling to link and justify with purpose. It's as if my experiences in game I've actually seen happen "my knowledge", has no value at all. I don't actually think that's true, but the community is conviencing me I'm seeing things that are not there.

So we don't loot cost of items back, what's the point in depositng big money for it then? Is that the reaason most stuff isn't selling now? Might as well wait to items devalue before showing interest. Certainly not worth a month depo limit is it.
So we don't loot skill chips back, not that I'm much of a chipper anyway, but "if" I wanted to force looter skill that's going to be very expensive. So what does high level 40 looter even mean.....45% of loot?????
We don't loot tiers back now apparently, so that's an expensive waste of time then.

No...at the moment, I only see purpose in events, not grinding and it it doesn't matter how many times I refold or re-evaluate that to mean something different, I come back to the same answer. Even then my skill and equipment isn't close to compete in events. But loot appears to be much more generous during events, so from an entertainment point of view....I can see a 'place' for me at those times....for fun.

But I guess my biggest issue right now is inspiration. I've got players like Messi saying "what ever I do I will fail miseribly", and I think he means it. But the issue with that, is there're literally hundreds of players in my boat, so he's talking to all those people with that message. I don't feel inspired, by those we would think are supposed to inspire.

The other message I'm getting is "if you think $400 is going to get you anywhere then you stupid boy....laugh laugh laugh". F**k it then, I'll can spend $400 on something else. Or like I say depoist $100 have a laugh in a event until MA takes it....What's wrong with that, sounds like a plan to me.

I still ponder over the same questions in my head over and over again. I gave MA $3K in a month, and didn't feel like I got rewarded to a level to justify that kind of expenditure. It's irrelevent what the "real" expections of that was meant to be, it comes down to how "I" feel about that.

This game has been on my mind for two weeks looking for answers. Sometimes a player just need some cuddles when it's shit, but this forumn is brutal most of the time. Then I wonder....do these people, actually want players to leave....what is that mindset and mission (Coz gernally I quite supporotive when players are on a downer)? I struggle to look up to players in that situation, then the hate gets so bad, you just stop listening and just fly into defence mode. Anyway thanks for offering some solutions and choices narfi.

Good luck out there.

Laters

Rick

So we don't loot cost of items back, what's the point in depositng big money for it then?

Better eff/dpp for better TT/loot comp/# of kills.

So what does high level 40 looter even mean....

There's an entire thread where people extensively tested eff% and looter skills and show how they work, they work the same, put in some effort.

Rick

Too short to quote apparently

theres so much wrong in your post rick that i really wonder if you have ever done an iq test. id be curious how that went...

for example: if you depo 3k bucks and buy somethign fance with it mindark has nothing of that money. you gave it to another player. if he withdraws it now MA made a few bucks on withdraw fees. how else you think this works? MA keeps your money and the other person gets his money as well? so MA is now a magician that doubles up money by people depoing? MA has NOTHING from normal deposits and withdraws (except fees). how someone can not understand this is beyond me.

theres so much wrong in your post rick that i really wonder if you have ever done an iq test. id be curious how that went...

for example: if you depo 3k bucks and buy somethign fance with it mindark has nothing of that money. you gave it to another player. if he withdraws it now MA made a few bucks on withdraw fees. how else you think this works? MA keeps your money and the other person gets his money as well? so MA is now a magician that doubles up money by people depoing? MA has NOTHING from normal deposits and withdraws (except fees). how someone can not understand this is beyond me.

Look 15K for a mace and 8K for amour, and 1K for Tering it, still leaves 6K for ammo.

Well the game works in mysterious ways. MA got the real money, the player got tokens, it's only real money to him if he pulls it out. Since Ma have a wonderful way of pulling back any plus, I bet it ddn't last long on his card.

So EU life it's not as black and white as you want to imply...it's filled with 'grey' balancing. Especially if you buy an L gun you will often loot it back, so why is unlimited treated any differernt. I know loads of players that bought guns and looted the cost back.....some here say that's not true. Ok we agree to disagree.

So I say again the only real money is what I paid to MA. They can be grateful or not.

Unless you got level 100 looter why do want an expensive FEN item, in the 'big' scheme of things how's that going to help in any meaingful way if your looter skill melts away any significant benefit that weapon has....LOL.

smoke and mirrors fella...smoke and mirrors.

Rick

Another, incorrect, baseless statement. Cannot be proven in anyway and should not be an idea in your head.

I give up...ok then. Even when I said that during Migration about 4-5 years ago. After getting a hof, I kept buying L guns (as a stock for use later after MM, for cheap), the more I bought the more ped I looted.

Somehow I'm lying. Why would I even say that, what benefit has it got to mention that .."if it didn;t happen".

Although I still beleive that was the biggest reason (after that) that MA moved to those 1 ped looted guns.....smiles.

My misses during MM, bought a L Armatrix looted it back on the first mob. Only proof of that I have is the one global on her tracker 85 ped....same price as the damn TT of the gun.

In fact years ago during the original LR series L guns, it was about ped management with L guns, as long as you 'bought' a spare L gun before you peds ran out, you could keep going. It was only if you didn't have a spare would your loot gradually reduce to nothing. That appraoch saved me so many times, looting back cost of L guns.

But I talk shit....none of my years of game expeience accounts for anything.

Fine...bye then. If what I have to say has no value, I wont bother. In a nice way of course, don't mean anything bad by that, it;s just pointless.

Rick

I give up...ok then. Even when I said that during Migration about 4-5 years ago. After getting a hof, I kept buying L guns (as a stock for use later after MM, for cheap), the more I bought the more ped I looted.

Somehow I'm lying.

You're not lying, you're just seeing things that aren't there trying to grasp onto some sort of pattern that you can read and try to win.

Trust me, when I started playing, my first year (which probably encompasses all hunting you have and will ever do in EU) I thought the same about every little experience.

Almost 3 years later, and cycling 200k/mo, I can see now the only pattern that exists and what has been explained by MA. You don't TT profit long term, and you need to hunt MU. Margins are small. Gear, mob size and bankroll matter.

Another, incorrect, baseless statement. Cannot be proven in anyway and should not be an idea in your head.

You knows what's f***ed up, with you people?

Rick...this is how you survive, I proved it for years. Nahhhh....clueless.
Rick...this is why I'm losing, but that didn't happen two weeks ago......Nahhh clueless.

This is how clueless I am. Every day I get shity repsonses rather than lets have an "open detate" from all you know-all people. I just add other week to when I'm prepared to deposit....so there's no risk of my peds going into your ava.

That's how I get my balance of 'life'....I'm out. So be nice.

Rick

You knows what's f***ed up, with you people?

Rick says:...this is how you survive, I proved it for years. Response: Nahhhh....clueless.
Rick says:...this is why I'm losing, but that didn't happen two weeks ago. Response; Nahhh clueless.

This is how clueless I am. Every day I get shity repsonses rather than lets have an "open debate" from all you know-all people. I just add other week to when I'm prepared to deposit....so there's no risk of my peds going into your ava.

That's how I get my balance of 'life'....I'm out. So be nice.

Rick

edit..spelling

May I make a request?

Premise: I am interested in actually following your hunting log as a hunting log. That being said, I find it difficult to sift through the comments to find the actual data you are providing.
Request: Would you be so kind as to list your data on your initial post so that we can see it all in one place?
Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Very respectfully,

- Captain Jack

So we don't loot cost of items back

No. We loot a % of tt expended in the kill. That % can be smaller or greater than 100% depending on where you are in your cycles and MAs magic numbers.
That tt value of loot can consist of anything from shrapnel to resources to items both L and ul. This is slightly affected by your looter skill and perhaps efficiency.
Example: Say I am at looter level 30, I am much more likely to loot pure shrapnel from a L90 creature than an L27 creature. I have the greatest chance allowed to loot the items from the L27 creature, but a reduced chance (the chance is still there) of looting items from the L90 creature(I still loot items from high lvl creatures). (I believe this is enough difference to be observable)

what's the point in depositng big money for it then?
Higher level gear allows more options in game. Those options can not always be good options though.
You have to stay within the parameters of your avatars abilities.

Skills
Gear
Bankroll

You are a tamer right? You know how to work multiple status bars.
Skills, Gear, and Bankroll are the 3 statusbars on our avatar to determine if we should pursue 'attempt' a specific activity (hunting/mining/crafting/etc..)

I want to hunt Lemmy Stalkers. Should I? (real numbers)
Skills - ~240hp good enough, Looter L30 vs L90 mob not good enough, this is now a bad gamble mob for fun only
Gear - Tiered Angel, Hits avereging less than 50 and over 100dps good enough, better with a healer - wife is free
Bankroll - 800 ped - NO WHERE NEAR ENOUGH, walk away unless you just want the rush of a bad gamble

Results - This is only a fun gamble mob for me, I do hunt them occasionally but do not grind or cycle hard on them as It is a long term loosing scenario.

Wife wants a Hacked K1 robot pet, they only spawn from killing Steampunks. Should I?
Skills - More than enough HP they dont hit hard, Looter L30 vs L27 mob good enough.
Gear - Can grind all day with my armor and not heal. No need to for high dps, so removed enhancers from blade and adj maddox, skill a bit with both.
Bankroll - 800 ped - not great, but if careful can last a while recycling shrapnel from the blade through the pistol and its toward a goal.

Results - Wife got her pet, I didn't loose any peds.

Is that the reaason most stuff isn't selling now? Might as well wait to items devalue before showing interest. Certainly not worth a month depo limit is it.
The market is flooded with more UL gear than players, there is no point in paying alot.
When I looted my dagger years ago I sold it for more than double what I bought it back for a few years later, now its worth half of that.

The only thing worth paying a lot for is event competition winners, any daily grinder gear you can buy equivalent to fairly cheaply.

So we don't loot skill chips back,
We don't loot tiers back now apparently
I dont think we ever did. Perhaps a % of the TT value, but nothing beyond that for sure.

No...at the moment, I only see purpose in events, not grinding and it it doesn't matter how many times I refold or re-evaluate that to mean something different, I come back to the same answer. Even then my skill and equipment isn't close to compete in events.
You answered your own question there. If your goal is to compete in events, then you must grind during the offseason and train for those events or you will not be competitive.

I gave MA $3K in a month, and didn't feel like I got rewarded to a level to justify that kind of expenditure.
No. No. No.
You did not give MA $3k. You gave other players $3k. You can not expect MA to give you anything for that, you must try to get it from other players just as they did from you. That is the competition of this game.

.95TT - MUin + MUout = ??????

Sometimes a player just need some cuddles when it's shit, but this forumn is brutal most of the time. Then I wonder....do these people, actually want players to leave....what is that mindset and mission (Coz gernally I quite supporotive when players are on a downer)? I struggle to look up to players in that situation, then the hate gets so bad, you just stop listening and just fly into defence mode.
For me, this is an economics simulator. I enjoy studying it. I am sure I am as often wrong as I am right, but it is a fun study.
People approach the game differently though, different for each player. Fun, Profit, Control, Competition, Psychology, etc.... Everyone is motivated in their actions differently, and that can be a study all its own.

Edit: My gut feeling on efficiency is that it probably has little enough effect as long as you play within reason, that you would be better off buying the tiered firefly i see for sale in the selling section for <5k than 30k for a new untiered similar dps weapon with the (probably) overhyped hyper efficiency rating.

Last edited:
Quick remark about:
That tt value of loot can consist of anything from shrapnel to resources to items both L and ul. This is slightly affected by your looter skill and perhaps efficiency.
Example: Say I am at looter level 30, I am much more likely to loot pure shrapnel from a L90 creature than an L27 creature. I have the greatest chance allowed to loot the items from the L27 creature, but a reduced chance (the chance is still there) of looting items from the L90 creature(I still loot items from high lvl creatures). (I believe this is enough difference to be observable)

Efficiency and looter skill only affects the loot return (%). Only DPP affects loot composition (oils, components etc).
Items are random. This is widely known by hunters; item drop is still unknown by what mechanism is awarded - say on Sand King. You just have to be there and your turn will come (at esi, armor plate or part, high TT L items).

And to add to what everyone already knows and says, in order to eliminate the possibility of people having wrong information and thus wrong expectations: IN NO WAY you loot your cost of a newly purchased weapon at the beginning of a hunt. Loot from mobs is payed back according to the following only:
- ammo
- weapon + amp decay
- fap + armor decay
So basically only the TT cost for that mob. Globals and HOFs are multipliers of THAT cost alone.

Loot does not compensate you after you make a purchase, in the first mob, nor it pays you the markup you spent for things. If it happened, it's just a coincidence. Otherwise this can easily be abused to bankrupt the entire Sweden not just MA.

Efficiency and looter skill only affects the loot return (%). Only DPP affects loot composition (oils, components etc).

This is interesting. I often loot 20, 30, 40ped pure shrapnel on high level mobs with no oils or anything else.
Perhaps this happens on appropriately sized mobs as well and I just haven't noticed because its a rapid grind with lots of loot scrolling by (usually 2+ mobs worth displayed before they fade out) and higher level mobs have the suspense and attention due to their gamble nature in my mind?

This is interesting. I often loot 20, 30, 40ped pure shrapnel on high level mobs with no oils or anything else.
Perhaps this happens on appropriately sized mobs as well and I just haven't noticed because its a rapid grind with lots of loot scrolling by (usually 2+ mobs worth displayed before they fade out) and higher level mobs have the suspense and attention due to their gamble nature in my mind?

Some times the mob give only shrap, sometimes the mob gives mostly stuff (like Cyrene and Ark - I'm not much of a RT hunter). There isn't a correlation between loot composition and looter/efi levels. Could be tested I guess, one mob, two hunters, considerable batch and compare amount of oil but I suspect the results will not be concludent enough to make a connection.

Last edited:
Quick remark about:

My observation is – using the same weapon, so no change of dpp – as I go down the mob danger level ladder to the point which nowadays the system deems »appropriate« for my ava and his skills I then begin to get qualified l00t and items amass, which on higher danger levels I don′t. :dunno:

Last edited:
I wont be walking pets Messi, I'm out.

I often thought though that you have the ear of the always watching balancing manager.
Plus I thought it was interesting that the loot waves would coincidently start as soon as I jumped in my ship to fly back to TP after burning full mace.

I even stopped part way though the 3rd run, to see it was personal. But again your friends where holding off until I finished burning up the full mace.

But look if you don't want my deposits for the next few years. Then fine, find it from somewhere else.

Whatever....I'm over it.

It's not funny...it's stupid.

Rick

Just curious....at risk of educating the fish...
Have you thought about how the loot waves perhaps work in light of this failure?

Quick remark about:

Is there any relationship between DPP and Efficiency?

high EFF weapons got good dpp but the unique melee weapons got super high dpp compared to fen (you can look at lp70 with got over 92 eff but lower dpp)

No, they are separate parameters that do different things.
DPP is still good but has nothing to do with TT return after loot 2.0. Higher DPP brings better loot composition (stackables other than shrapnel) the higher it is.
Eff is for the TT return only, the higher the value, the higher the tt retun (med&longterm).

Back