Info: Ricks 2019 FEN hunting Thread.

Just kill the whole thread (if Ma wants too)....delete it.

I bought gear and invested more than I should have really on the assumption that efficency would be huge improvement. Then found out it's going to cost me a lot of cash to run it that I didn't expect. This caused me a lot of stress, and the trolling didn't help. I was doing just fine with my Adjusted Det sword, should've just stuck with that.

Loot after MM just tipped me over the edge on a maxed depo limit. So I felt trapped, in a difficult situation.

I look at the MM stars that Star bought to buy his prize, and think I'm never going to be able to compete with wallets like that....ever. It's another compete higher level....I got kids to feed and 'one' income, that comes first.

I did have good intentions to prove the FEN item was worth it, It's just not going to match my wallet. So I now accept the reality of the situation. I don't want to depo $1000's to run it.

That's cool with me, and hope it's cool with you. So if you want to say anything. Just say..."ok cool Rick". Please no more slating me, becasue that's not going to help me return when my finances are better.

Thanks and laters and gratz to MM winners.

Rick

And to add to what everyone already knows and says, in order to eliminate the possibility of people having wrong information and thus wrong expectations: IN NO WAY you loot your cost of a newly purchased weapon at the beginning of a hunt. Loot from mobs is payed back according to the following only:
- ammo
- weapon + amp decay
- fap + armor decay
So basically only the TT cost for that mob. Globals and HOFs are multipliers of THAT cost alone.

It has also stated that buff costs (edible pills) are included, but it is unknown exactly how that works.

It has also stated that buff costs (edible pills) are included, but it is unknown exactly how that works.

Included where Evey's first part or second i.e. included in returns or not? Please clarify

Last edited:

I bought gear and invested more than I should have really on the assumption that efficency would be huge improvement. Then found out it's going to cost me a lot of cash to run it that I didn't expect. This caused me a lot of stress, and the trolling didn't help. I was doing just fine with my Adjusted Det sword, should've just stuck with that.

Loot after MM just tipped me over the edge on a maxed depo limit. So I felt trapped, in a difficult situation.

I look at the MM stars that Star bought to buy his prize, and think I'm never going to be able to compete with wallets like that....ever. It's another compete higher level....I got kids to feed and 'one' income, that comes first.

I did have good intentions to prove the FEN item was worth it, It's just not going to match my wallet. So I now accept the reality of the situation. I don't want to depo $1000's to run it.

That's cool with me, and hope it's cool with you. So if you want to say anything. Just say..."ok cool Rick". Please no more slating me, becasue that's not going to help me return when my finances are better.

Thanks and laters and gratz to MM winners.

Rick
Sure, internet can be brutal but you kinda built this up yourself after all these years spreading plain-out false information and crazy assumptions, never ever backed up by anything while at the same time you being so stupidly convinced you were right that you never listened to any other opinions. As soon as someone tried to tell you how it actually works you always resorted to attacks about him being one of the chosen avatars, friend of MA or any of your other ignorant shit.

At least this thread seems to have opened your eyes a slight bit. Absolutely not fully cos next second you start again, talking about looting back L weapons you just bought as if it's common knowledge. You clearly think about loot and returns a lot when playing, and that's great, but you manage to draw the most crazy, illogical and irrational conclusions.

We don't say you are lying, for example you probably looted a lot of L weapons during that migration, BUT EVERYONE DID. It wasn't because you were buying them and then getting rewarded back. The droprate was very high, historically it always has been during events.

This is just one of numerous examples of you taking what you see and try to, but fail to connect the dots. There is a reason you have been told by other forum members here to stay out of hunting threads because you are so far out there, but you keep barging in with your conspiracy theories, year in year out. Failing to connect the dots is fine but it's how you spread the information as common knowledge and facts that is the problem. The fact here is that you saw something. It doesn't make your conclusion a fact. You often refer to many years of experience but time alone means nothing.

It is however also evident from this thread that you sincerely care about the game, no doubt about that and we all appreciate that. But you are often actually damaging the game with how you post here. Influencing new (and unexperienced) players etc that don't know better and think someone who joined November 2011 must know what he is talking about.

I do think a proper hunting log would benefit you next time you feel ready to come back. Strict, balanced and careful at least for a while so you can see some real numbers and learn to trust them instead of basing everything on MA being some deity handing out the money to whoever they want. Will help you feel better and give you a higher trust in the system even when you go back to your normal type hunting for entertainment afterwards.

Matter of fact I'd recommend everyone who feels robbed and is pointing fingers at MA to start tracking for a while. With guidance so it's done properly ofc. Will most likely open your eyes.

Rick

Like i said before i think this thread is good at there really is some good advice. Even you have realized what so many have already said in thread, that bank roll is just as inportant, as skills and gear.

So ok cool Rick looking forward to seeing a longer hunting log next time you back.

Sure, internet can be brutal but you kinda built this up yourself after all these years spreading plain-out false information and crazy assumptions, never ever backed up by anything while at the same time you being so stupidly convinced you were right that you never listened to any other opinions. As soon as someone tried to tell you how it actually works you always resorted to attacks about him being one of the chosen avatars, friend of MA or any of your other ignorant shit.

You got to the insults and I didn't bother reading the rest.

There's two undenible facts.

1) 90% of the players I know have walked away becasue of ever increasing costs. MA's doing not mine.
2) There's literally 100's of threads over the years explaining to players that thier failure was due to becasue they didn't have a Imp MKII or Mod merc. So I get a weapon with far superior stats to a Mod Merc. Then get told that is was all bollocks and all those messages of efficiency were in fact a lie to hold prices on other kit.

For years I said I didn't believe that....and I was slammed heavily for it. I was right that running L in many cases was the best thing to do for returns.

Ok fine.. I got conned, I've accepted that now. I'm not the first or last.

But the truth is, not much unlimited gear has been moving for months, mainly after looter skill.
Then MA introduced new gear to kill prices on old gear, (MA's doing not mine), that made the situation even worse. At least I was willing to have a go. I find it incredible that whenever I try to give something new "a good go" in the game, I'm torn down. Yet all I do, is write about those real experiences. Sure it was short term, becasue I realised I made a huge error buying it.

I didn't break this game, Nor do I make the rules. My 14 years or whatever of hunting is meaningless, apparently everything I've learned, experienced and seen is all fanstasy. Ok whatever. Everything EMW said was bollocks too....ok then whatever.

edit: I take all that shit investing and "believing in MA" in Compet, then they swap me those deeds for Ark Moon. Are those deeds ever going to be tradable? Is that my fault....should I not complain? How much shit am I supposed to take, and still believe?

Ohh I see.....I'm not supposed to comment on such matters. It was the players fault.

Like i said before i think this thread is good at there really is some good advice. Even you have realized what so many have already said in thread, that bank roll is just as inportant, as skills and gear.

So ok cool Rick looking forward to seeing a longer hunting log next time you back.

Sadly all that means is whatever weapon we're using, we're going to need huge bankroll. ok then message understood. Now I can make choices. I don't like it, but I got the facts now apparently.

Like I said, I've got no intention 'now' to run a long returns thread on this weapon with some heavy hunting and big deposits. Maybe I'll save it for some event hunting. who knows. So there's no point in the thread. If it stays it stays....I'm happy either way.

Thanks, and good luck out there.

Rick

Last edited:
Included where Evey's first part or second i.e. included in returns or not? Please clarify

Consumable pill buffs are counted into TT returns after they have been consumed. The question still remains whether it is divided between the mobs killed throughout the duration of the timer, or only during the mob engaged with when the pills were consumed.

Passive buffs like rings and such have no continuous cost associated with them, and therefor are not included in your loot.

Consumable pill buffs are counted into TT returns after they have been consumed. The question still remains whether it is divided between the mobs killed throughout the duration of the timer, or only during the mob engaged with when the pills were consumed.

Passive buffs like rings and such have no continuous cost associated with them, and therefor are not included in your loot.

That's another 2 issues;

1) Are we all supposed to be maxed out digital drug addicts to get anywhere? Does not being a drug addict neagatively effect your ava for returns?

What's Ricks opinion: Well I only run skill pills when I have them as don't buy many boxes (I depo peds), but when I see streams everyone is popping as many pills as they can.

Now I have to be careful what I say now, so I'll word it differently for passive rings.

2) Just becasue it might not have a cost associated with the ring, doesn't mean is doesn't materially effect returns (or have an impact).

What is the difference between wearing an HP ring instead of Ares? Are there situations that it would be better to wear one or the other depending what mob you hunt. Why does it appear that when wearing Ares the loot algoritium appears to 'favour' more DPS? In fact favour it more, the bigger the ring you wear?

Why is it that when HP rings first came out, some players who used them "first" bragged it up in forumn with big hofs, then there was an update and something changed. (No I'm digging out those threads). Does that mean extra HP now doesn't have an impact...are those rings now a placebo?

There is something going on under the hood with the amount of HP we have or extend. But I've not quite put my finger on it. Besides....I'm seeing things that are not there :p

Rick

edit: I'll add to this.

Why is it that if running Adj Det sword, that works better for returns with HP ring. But Ares rings works better with Fen Mace (running Mace with HP rings is a killer).

What's that all about under the hood? Can a player "over" damage with a certain ring based on the weapons 'core' or original DPS? If I run Ares ring with Adj Det sword, the systems doesn't seem to like it at all. I've done 100's of experiements with that.

I simply write on experience. Although the ring setup whatever it is, does effect returns. Does this mean the system under the hood, struggles with certain setups and loot return calculations. You tell me? smiles.

Last edited:
Couldn't read the whole train wreck of a thread this is, but my advice is to back the fuck up and re-assess how much you want to input in the game. Just like IRL, if you are trying to "keep up with the Joneses", you better bring your wallet. There's people playing this game that have a shitload of money and time to spend on it.

IMO having uber duber banuber gear that costs more than a house is only really a benefit when you are grinding high end mobs 24/7 and even a fraction of a percent better returns makes a meaningful impact.

After taking a long break and coming back to the game, I started logging every minutiae of everything I did. I tried a variety of different weapons, played with efficiency, DPP, all the shit everyone says to tweak. In the end my conclusion was that the game is fairly well balanced and it's actually hard to fuck up your returns unless you are just throwing peds away on really bad decisions.

Ultimately for my budget and my casual play style, I learned that I can pretty much just use tools that are within my budget and go have fun and not worry about it. In fact, once I felt I had the numbers to satisfy my curiosity, I stopped logging altogether and became much happier. I depo regularly what I feel comfortable with and just keep an eye on my ped card. If it's getting low, I lower my activities. If I've got some padding, I go balls out.

Rick, I think you are too emotionally invested and probably need a break. I also think you overspent what you were comfortable with and now you have buyer's remorse. Sell your gear, get some bankroll together, and do what makes you happy. Don't worry about what everyone else is doing. And if you *do* decide that 24/7 grinding is what you want to do, then you need to find mobs that are within your budget.

Couldn't read the whole train wreck of a thread this is, but my advice is to back the fuck up and re-assess how much you want to input in the game. Just like IRL, if you are trying to "keep up with the Joneses", you better bring your wallet. There's people playing this game that have a shitload of money and time to spend on it.

IMO having uber duber banuber gear that costs more than a house is only really a benefit when you are grinding high end mobs 24/7 and even a fraction of a percent better returns makes a meaningful impact.

After taking a long break and coming back to the game, I started logging every minutiae of everything I did. I tried a variety of different weapons, played with efficiency, DPP, all the shit everyone says to tweak. In the end my conclusion was that the game is fairly well balanced and it's actually hard to fuck up your returns unless you are just throwing peds away on really bad decisions.

Ultimately for my budget and my casual play style, I learned that I can pretty much just use tools that are within my budget and go have fun and not worry about it. In fact, once I felt I had the numbers to satisfy my curiosity, I stopped logging altogether and became much happier. I depo regularly what I feel comfortable with and just keep an eye on my ped card. If it's getting low, I lower my activities. If I've got some padding, I go balls out.

Rick, I think you are too emotionally invested and probably need a break. I also think you overspent what you were comfortable with and now you have buyer's remorse. Sell your gear, get some bankroll together, and do what makes you happy. Don't worry about what everyone else is doing. And if you *do* decide that 24/7 grinding is what you want to do, then you need to find mobs that are within your budget.

I smile. Yeah casual play does appear to be the best option, and who knows if under the hood the system is chasing "us" to be the addicts, it could well be more rewarding. I'm not jumping to conclusions, it's simply just a thought.

Yep I chased a dream, I won't deny that. That's how EU rolls (they've been very good at convincing me to buy into those dreams over the years). I got a few nice items, I'll just run them for entertainment, and like you say; if the game rewards I'll take it up a gear.

All is cool, I'm over the stress of it now. Good luck to you too.

Rick

Why is it that if running Adj Det sword, that works better for returns with HP ring. But Ares rings works better with Fen Mace (running Mace with HP rings is a killer).

What's that all about under the hood? Can a player "over" damage with a certain ring based on the weapons 'core' or original DPS? If I run Ares ring with Adj Det sword, the systems doesn't seem to like it at all. I've done 100's of experiements with that.

I simply write on experience. Although the ring setup whatever it is, does effect returns. Does this mean the system under the hood, struggles with certain setups and loot return calculations. You tell me? smiles.

Rick, there's only one answer to this question:

PUT ON YOUR FREAKING TIN FOIL HAT!!!! :wise:

You suffer from massive gamblers fallacy effect!

Couldn't agree more. The only point that matters is to play inside our budget. Loot comes and goes the same for everyone, with marginal advantages for people with better gear, but just marginal (0,7% TT loot for each 10 eff increase, if its linear).

Good luck Rick and stay within budget.

Rick, there's only one answer to this question:

PUT ON YOUR FREAKING TIN FOIL HAT!!!! :wise:

You suffer from massive gamblers fallacy effect!

Look can we just get sensible.

Why do I have to buy software to record something...such as this?

Say I go and tame some devils (Level 6 mobs I think). The system will eventually "set me" to that mob....very low level compared to my skill. Say I do 5 whole whips on that mob, that's well over 1000 ped. I would be well a truly set to the mob level. Regardless of my skill.

Now....if I move to much bigger mob, I need resetting. My evade will be totally shit, my aromour wont work. I will have to die 3 or 4 times on that bigger mob, until it stops hitting me like a train.

Then I will be reset for the new mob.

Just like with rings, I simply made an observation based on loads of runs. and asking what that means. I do not undertand why become so agressive about it.

It's not me, I actually think the game doesn't know how to cope with lots of attribtues and skills. In essence the bullshit caught up with itself. But hey that's what happens.....the system could have issues trying to cope in those situations..... WHY DO YOU THINK IT'S SO PERFECT? smiles at ya.

I often think some poor guy once coded the system to deal with just skills, amour weapon and amp. Now its got to add rings loads of different types, drugs and God know what else.

Did I complain....or was I simply making an observation? Chill,

Rick

Edit: Have you ever used an Adjust Det sword? and tried differrent rings with it over 100's of runs, to understand what works best?

Last edited:
Look can we just get sensible.

Why do I have to buy software to record something...such as this?

Say I go and tame some devils (Level 6 mobs I think). The system will eventually "set me" to that mob....very low level compared to my skill. Say I do 5 whole whips on that mob, that's well over 1000 ped. I would be well a truly set to the mob level. Regardless of my skill.

Now....if I move to much bigger mob, I need resetting. My evade will be totally shit, my aromour wont work. I will have to die 3 or 4 times on that bigger mob, until it stops hitting me like a train.

Then I will be reset for the new mob.

Just like with rings, I simply made an observation based on loads of runs. and asking what that means. I do not undertand why become so agressive about it.

It's not me, I actually think the game doesn't know how to cope with lots of attribtues and skills. In essence the bullshit caught up with itself. But hey that's what happens.....the system could have issues trying to cope in those situations..... WHY DO YOU THINK IT'S SO PERFECT? smiles at ya.

I often think some poor guy once coded the system to deal with just skills, amour weapon and amp. Now its got to add rings loads of different types, drugs and God know what else.

Did I complain....or was I simply making an observation? Chill,

Rick

Edit: Have you ever used an Adjust Det sword? and tried differrent rings with it over 100's of runs, to understand what works best?

Rick I'm not aggressive and I do like you a lot.
But, as many others before me have already stated correctly, you seem to be making a lot of false assumptions drawing a lot of false conclusions.

The term "gamblers fallacy" is what I think describes it best.

Rick I'm not aggressive and I do like you a lot.
But, as many others before me have already stated correctly, you seem to be making a lot of false assumptions drawing a lot of false conclusions.

The term "gamblers fallacy" is what I think describes it best.

All is cool,...smiles.

ok here's a simple test for you, one you can try yourself.....becasue its quite funny.

1) Go and hunt the biggest mob you can handle, so you're set to maxed on your evade (I'm over 50 evade, hoping you have similar).

2) Go to the noobie camp take off your amour and stand next to a puny mob, let it hit you until you die. Count the time it takes.

3) After you died try it twice more and measure the time you survive.

This is what you will find.

a) attempt 1; you will keep evading the puny with no armour for proably 30 seconds, until the system says enough is enough, and your evade level will gradually reduce to set you on that puny.

b) on the second attempt after death, you will half-way set to the puny, you should die a lot quicker.

c) by the 3rd attempt, you will hardly evade it at all.

4) now go back to the biggest mob you can handle, and tell me how you get on.....smiles.

So my question after all that.....is your evade constant based on your skill, or variable based on the mob?

I love to make observations and measure, it's the basis of all science and discovery.

Anyway laters I'm out of here. Have a good day,

Rick

You got to the insults and I didn't bother reading the rest.

Might have been harsh but undoubtedly accusing anyone who finds success in here to be a chosen avatar and friends of MA is pretty damn ignorant.

Didn't bother reading or you read and couldn't answer? Either way you sure follow the mentioned pattern of avoiding other opinions and ignoring advice. There is some points in the second half of that post for you to hopefully gain more trust in the system, if you care to take that in. Keep sticking your head in the sand won't get you anywhere from where you are.

There's literally 100's of threads over the years explaining to players that thier failure was due to becasue they didn't have a Imp MKII or Mod merc. So I get a weapon with far superior stats to a Mod Merc. Then get told that is was all bollocks and all those messages of efficiency were in fact a lie to hold prices on other kit.

For years I said I didn't believe that....and I was slammed heavily for it. I was right that running L in many cases was the best thing to do for returns.
You can not compare loot 1.0 with loot 2.0, it's two totally different systems. Mod Merc for example isn't nearly as good in 2.0 as it used to be in 1.0. For a low turnover hunter like yourself you are absolutely right, it does not make sense to invest in an expensive unlimited weapon for the sake of better returns. It's over a high amount of cycled peds the differences start to show. Simple math. I can't play as much as in the past and I started using L too. Low markup L, that is. High markup L will kill you, for obvious reasons.

90% of the players I know have walked away becasue of ever increasing costs. MA's doing not mine.
Then MA introduced new gear to kill prices on old gear, (MA's doing not mine), that made the situation even worse. At least I was willing to have a go. I find it incredible that whenever I try to give something new "a good go" in the game, I'm torn down. Yet all I do, is write about those real experiences. Sure it was short term, becasue I realised I made a huge error buying it.
I didn't break this game, Nor do I make the rules. My 14 years or whatever of hunting is meaningless, apparently everything I've learned, experienced and seen is all fanstasy. Ok whatever. Everything EMW said was bollocks too....ok then whatever.

Where did anyone ever say you are the sole reason? I sure did not. You damage the game through your posts but you are obviously not the sole reason 90% of the people you know have stopped playing or for "breaking the game".

1 year, 14 years or 25 years does not matter. Unfortunately time does not automatically equal knowledge.

EMW sure had a lively imagination as well. Did you ever see him presenting any proof?

edit: I take all that shit investing and "believing in MA" in Compet, then they swap me those deeds for Ark Moon. Are those deeds ever going to be tradable? Is that my fault....should I not complain? How much shit am I supposed to take, and still believe?

Ohh I see.....I'm not supposed to comment on such matters. It was the players fault.
This is, again, something entirely different. We were talking hunting in Entropia and your misconceptions of that, not whatever investment you did in a new app. This perfectly sums up discussing with you; constant misunderstandings and spinoffs in all kinds of directions.

Why is it that when HP rings first came out, some players who used them "first" bragged it up in forumn with big hofs, then there was an update and something changed. (No I'm digging out those threads). Does that mean extra HP now doesn't have an impact...are those rings now a placebo?

There is something going on under the hood with the amount of HP we have or extend. But I've not quite put my finger on it. Besides....I'm seeing things that are not there :p

Rick

This is exactly what I'm talking about you drawing the most crazy, illogical and irrational conclusions. Geez. Show us the numbers from these "100's of experiments" or just stop it.

That's another 2 issues;

1) Are we all supposed to be maxed out digital drug addicts to get anywhere? Does not being a drug addict neagatively effect your ava for returns?....

2) Just becasue it might not have a cost associated with the ring, doesn't mean is doesn't materially effect returns (or have an impact)….

(MA confirmed fact) Consumables buffs are added to your loot in TT returns. To what degree and how exactly we do not know.

(MA confirmed fact) All buffs, consumable and passive, may have an impact on your cost to kill. Damage per PEC influences your loot composition, and consequently using buffs which generate higher DPP will yield a theoretically more optimal loot composition.

(Jack's extrapolation of the facts) The only "penalty" for not using buffs is the potential for lower loot composition than your competitors (other players).

(Jack's personal opinion) That being said, it is relatively very easy to overcome the lack of loot diversity (a sign of poor loot composition being an abundance of shrapnel in loot) by simply going to any planet that is not Calypso. Because there are less players pulling from the planetary loot pool, there is more diversity to go around - thus less shrapnel.

Couldn't agree more. The only point that matters is to play inside our budget. Loot comes and goes the same for everyone, with marginal advantages for people with better gear, but just marginal (0,7% TT loot for each 10 eff increase, if its linear).

Good luck Rick and stay within budget.

There is no point trying to explain to Rick about playing in your budget. He still thinks his a big fish in a little pond, but in reality his just a medium fish in a big lake. He wants to play with the big boys and big boys toys, but his ped card cant handle that type of play level. His Ego wont except this thou so he attacks MA, other players and then cries his being picked on by the rest of community. You have to feel sightly sorry for him, his ego took a good beating like ginger haired step child last year, He really thought COMPETS was going to be massive, even thou from the start others told him it was shit, he kept flogging the poor horse even after was buried 6 foot under. he still had hope that it will raise from ashes like Phoenix. Lets face when you got noob miner from dead planet telling him his got things wrong. He just cant handle it and i am pretty sure he will be back going on about how his smiling, smirking and what going on under the hood. That's all a load of bollocks at the end of day.

tenor.gif

i am pretty sure he will be back going on about how his smiling, smirking and what going on under the hood.

I am pretty sure MA will award you with a FAT HOF for this statement.
smiles

You folks....hahaha

I've said loads of times now. I hear what's been said, assessed that information and took the decision to be ad-hoc hunter now. I'm cool with that.

People want to keep the debate going, don't know why. I treated the thread as general chat to be honest, it's not work, I don't have to be professional (or is it work for some of you). Throw anything in you want to talk about, I don't care

I do throw money at things though (when I want to). I threw £10K at the Brrexit film mentioned somewhere in the thread. Tusk came out today saying "there's a special place in hell for leavers"...its all over the news.

There's some irony there. An ex-PM of Poland elected by no-one as President, has a probem with democratic will. I wonder how he would've felt when the Nazi's that rejected capitalism, so moved their city workers into farming. Then invaded Poland purely for more farm land murdering everyone by hand including children. You know the gas chambers only came about becasue the soliders couldn't cope with murding by hand anymore. So Himmler industrised murder with the invention of gas chambers.

Point is I do move around a lot in discussions becasue History and "Consequence" is very much relative to EU as well in many ways. For the good or bad.

I find it funny, that UnaAlconbury just said Mod Merc isn't nearly as good in Loot 2.0 as it was in loot 1.0 well I don't remember anyone vocally stating that before. However that justifies my point doesn't it.

What weapon is good then for Loot 2.0? That's a question, you tell me.....smiles.

Rick

edit: Also I have like 20 attacks coming at me from all directions everytime I check forum, It's impossible to attempt defend everything. Well I can but the thread will be huge.

For UnaAlconbury....I think it was Messi that said it was my fault all my soc had left (somewhere in the thread). I took it as usual troll (correct me if wrong). Thing is...everytime someone in my soc said they can't cope or justify with the depos anymore and have to leave. I was quite sad about that. The fact I stayed around considering the Compet saga is a miracle really.

Last edited:
Y
I find it funny, that UnaAlconbury just said Mod Merc isn't nearly as good in Loot 2.0 as it was in loot 1.0 well I don't remember anyone vocally stating that before. However that justifies my point doesn't it.

What weapon is good then for Loot 2.0? That's a question, you tell me.....smiles.

Rick

It might be a good experiment to take your 4 runs with the 4k bankroll (that you didnt even use up) and see if others get similar results with different gear.
Mimic them exactly, same mobs, same peds thrown at it.. see what happens

yeah yeah bankroll..

We've heard that now.

Maybe do it in a team.. throw exactly the same amount of peds towards the same mobs in 4 runs. With all kinds of setups.

I might even do it with my special bunny hop technique to only pick the cherries.
See what happens, just for the fun of it.
I am sure a thread this long deserves it. If there was nothing here.. people would not keep responding.

It might be a good experiment to take your 4 runs with the 4k bankroll (that you didnt even use up) and see if others get similar results with different gear.
Mimic them exactly, same mobs, same peds thrown at it.. see what happens

yeah yeah bankroll..

We've heard that now.

Maybe do it in a team.. throw exactly the same amount of peds towards the same mobs in 4 runs. With all kinds of setups.

I might even do it with my special bunny hop technique to only pick the cherries.
See what happens, just for the fun of it.
I am sure a thread this long deserves it. If there was nothing here.. people would not keep responding.

I think different planets is the answer as mentoned by Jack (I think). That's interesting becasue of the runs I did list ARK UG was pretty even. Maybe I should've stayed. I just wanted to get back to caly to run skill pills (it was too risky to transport them to Ark).

But I find that scary. What day am I supposed to hunt Caly, or ARK or RT.....'FFS'....know what I mean. Are the sunday RT runs still the normal rage. So many bloody variables these days.

The problem I have now, is my mindset has changed (not played since 23rd Jan). Sorry to say I've currently lost that desire to 'want' to find loot. Think I paid that Mace today...need to check my bank. Still got the amour to pay.

But sure when I pop in for some fun, will try a few things I guess. What might be really good is 12 man team, plan it and try put something together. That might actually really rock.....was great in the old days.

Cheers Spawn

Rick

Rick

That depends primarily on your bankroll, secondarily on your objective, and tertiarily on your willingness to be flexible with the evolution of the game.

People want to keep the debate going, don't know why. I treated the thread as general chat to be honest,... Throw anything in you want to talk about, I don't care
I was already thinking of suggesting a change to the thread name to "Ricks 2019 general discussion thread" as you have given up on the FEN log idea, but we have a now very lively discussion here that is a valid topic in its own right I believe...

There's a line from Red Dwarf about Pythagoras only seeing triangles all the time: "What is it with the triangles? It's always triangles with you, huh."
EU seems to be all about waves, waves, waves, sloshing around "under the hood". It does make tesing crazy when time of day/night, for example, has an apparent to clear impact on the other "laws" of EU.

Your mob evade test sounds cheap enough to be interesting, however. My own experience over years (where time IS required) is noticing "mob accustomisation resets" after some vus. Here, I could start the same mob as before the vu, but everything would hit me more until I had redialled everything individually. I called it "from snable to the grave" periods ;). After this reaccustomisation I'd still get the "3-hit wave" wave, though, also in bigger mob hunts too. Survive a 3-hit period and you can very likely get yourself some healing in. And I like tests - maybe I should test multi-mob synchronisation on punies - stuff like that.

Thanks Rick - you help my 'creativity' for sure - and our conversations have always been good, even when saying the other one is wrong, haven't they? :)

(MA confirmed fact) Consumables buffs are added to your loot in TT returns. To what degree and how exactly we do not know.

What's your source for this? I don't remember seeing it.

What's your source for this? I don't remember seeing it.

[h=2]Developer Notes #11 - Loot 2.0[/h]
Loot Changes
  • Loot calculations will be optimized and improved to better factor in the various costs associated with hunting activity, including: healing, ammo consumption, buffs, tool and armor deterioration, attachments, and more.
    ….
    Originally Posted Here

• Here's where I got that from. There was also some discussion between players and the MA representative addressing questions about it later on.

Rick

The weapon with the highest efficiency you can afford to hunt with for long periods.

Imagine you get, after a good enough sample size (for example 2000 mobs), 95% TT return with a 60 efficiency weapon. If you had done the exact same run with a 80 efficiency weapon you would have gotten 1.4% more loot over those 95% - so 95*1.014= 96.33%.

Its simple math. You dont magicaly produce PEDs using high efficiency, you just minimize the loss and hopefully the higher DPP and the MU will push you over the 100%.

Note: the math was done assuming a linear progression regarding efficiency.

Edit_1: Revised math - 80 efficiency loot would be 96.28%. not very important but felt that should correct that.

Last edited:
Here's where I got that from. There was also some discussion between players and the MA representative addressing questions about it later on.

OK yes - like you said, not any detail on "how much" in the same way as armour and healing etc. I didn't think buffs were factored in at all though, missed that one, thanks.

That depends primarily on your bankroll, secondarily on your objective, and tertiarily on your willingness to be flexible with the evolution of the game.

The weapon with the highest efficiency you can afford to hunt with for long periods.

Imagine you get, after a good enough sample size (for example 2000 mobs), 95% TT return with a 60 efficiency weapon.

I had to log in and reply...I did smile a lot.

Now I've always been fair. I did say that during Merry Mayhem I think I ran the whole 10 stages 5 times. That was a lot hours of hunting. I managed to survive it, I think I did spend a lot but I wasn't counting. I did it with no complaints.

Now; out of event that's another story. We've got which planet is favoured today issues to over come (including moons), what mob might be favoured today. Are Ma going to focus love on the shared today. You can lose $100 with a one day bad choice. Is it mining special day, or crafting, or maybe a special day for LA's. What's a player to think?

So my point is pretty simple. Is the bankroll issue purely to cover poor selection of MA's special days. Becasue in event....its just event. Yay I prefer that. Much different of course when we only had one planet. But hey-ho that's what we've got. MA need to share the love, to help all their partners and investors out.

So I have a solution for MA....just tell us. Today folks we want to you to hunt on Ark, or RT. Thank you, for reducing my risks.....sorted. I'd rather they tell us, than be frustrated and lose $200 becasue I didn't guess what planet they want me to hunt on.

I was already thinking of suggesting a change to the thread name to "Ricks 2019 general discussion thread" as you have given up on the FEN log idea, but we have a now very lively discussion here that is a valid topic in its own right I believe...

There's a line from Red Dwarf about Pythagoras only seeing triangles all the time: "What is it with the triangles? It's always triangles with you, huh."
EU seems to be all about waves, waves, waves, sloshing around "under the hood". It does make tesing crazy when time of day/night, for example, has an apparent to clear impact on the other "laws" of EU.

Your mob evade test sounds cheap enough to be interesting, however. My own experience over years (where time IS required) is noticing "mob accustomisation resets" after some vus. Here, I could start the same mob as before the vu, but everything would hit me more until I had redialled everything individually. I called it "from snable to the grave" periods ;). After this reaccustomisation I'd still get the "3-hit wave" wave, though, also in bigger mob hunts too. Survive a 3-hit period and you can very likely get yourself some healing in. And I like tests - maybe I should test multi-mob synchronisation on punies - stuff like that.

Thanks Rick - you help my 'creativity' for sure - and our conversations have always been good, even when saying the other one is wrong, haven't they? :)

That was a great read you made me laugh, especially Pythagoras. I was a fan too of Red Dwarf back in the day.

Postiive post from Rick....are we finding solutions? maybe

Rick

So I have a solution for MA....just tell us. Today folks we want to you to hunt on Ark, or RT. Thank you, for reducing my risks.....sorted. I'd rather they tell us, than be frustrated and lose $200 becasue I didn't guess what planet they want me to hunt on.
Rick

giphy.gif

Where did you come up with this theory?:scratch2:

Back