Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MORFOC AS SERBAN
    Society
    AF-RFC
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RickEngland View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I promised myself I would approach 2019 with a new hunting eco strategy, and try and take a step forward in game. Unfortunately I still don't have the high end unlimited gear to take on the new high level argo mobs recently introduced that appear to hold many of the new item drops, but I can hang there at Mid-Level I reckon and see how it goes.

Over the Christmas Period and into the New Year; I bought 2 new items:

1) Thorifold Berserker Mace FEN Edition, I will run this with VI melee Amp. 79.8 eco unamped or 79.2 eco with that Amp.

2) Adjust Jaguar Armour (M), I will run this with 5B plates (or my previous Gremlin Armour).

I'll add a bank roll of 4000 peds. That suggests I can run 6 full 500 ped whips and say 6 x 150 part repaired amp before I need to sell down loot.

Although I could continue skilling my best hunting skills, lets assume the weapon is king so I'll concentrate on this Mace skill (on the plus side I have a ton of support skill for it). I intend to list my progress, my costs and returns, maybe it might inspire your own Mid level hunting or maybe you might say what ever Rick is doing I'll avoid it like the plague...laughing.

I will probably tag with VI combustive chip with VII (L) amp. Although 99% damage I assume will be Mace.

However a bit about Rick first before I start:

Total skill points: 386038
    Total Attributes: 635
    Current HP: 262
    Club skill points: 5980
    Two handed Clubber (hit) level: 56.1485
    One handed Clubber (dam) level: 58.8144

Those are the two club professions that Mace uses.

ok lets get this started.

edit: Bugger....Well looks like I cant get this started as hit the monthly depo limit. On hold until that's sorted.

Rick

I want to see the result, good luck anyway.
    I think you will add your return TT and markup with cons it will be good if you add the real value of your markup once sold and not your sales predictions if possible and of course the time if you stay on only your current bankroll.
    Born in Jason Centre in 2003
    Ghost Vagabond in 2017
    14 years of loot TT

Cunning Haruto Rat
    Society
    fode et fuge
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RickEngland View Post
    It's a two handed and one handed Mace...strange right!!! Two handed hit, one handed dam. Must be a reason for it under the hood.
    A number of looted clubs from several planets (Arkadian bloodstained axes, Cyrean Redstar smashers) are set up in the same manner and have been for years.

The cynic in me says the most likely reason is hard to comprehend internal names set up by someone who has already retired. (see also: lots of items in wrong categories on auction)
    Rodent of the Multiverse

Selling:
    under (re)construction...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    East Coast Epsilon Pond: Still Fishing in The O.A.S.I.S.
    Vi V3r0nyka BitFury
    Images
    Hi Rick,

Subbing and I'm sure there's plenty to learn on your endeavors in trying out your hunting with melee clubs this year. Also, curious to what planet and mobs you be going after (hope ones that you can comfortably kill and that has decent MU drops). Anyways, wish you the best of luck, gain plenty of skills, loot some cool things perhaps, and more importantly of all is have fun in EU again m8 doing all of this next month.

Cheerz,
    Vi

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    Well this didn't get off the ground before it even started.

Despite shocking returns since Merry Mayhem finished, I thought I'd deposit another 90 (1120 ped) which took me to the max 30K ped deposit limit. This was on Wednesday 23rd January.

I was on Ark after saving that noob stuck in space, so did one run there. But I wanted to go back to Caly as had some skills pills and thought it best to run hunts with those.

Run 1) Ark Underground Togo.

Cost: FEN Mace, VI amp, Armour = 624.71
    Loot TT = 619.19

Globals 1 x 81 ped
    Item loots: 1 x 35 ped L gun.
    Club skill points 5987

Comment: Small loss, not so bad.

Run 2) Back to Caly. Feffox (young to old)

Cost: FEN Mace, VI amp, Armour = 624.02
    Loot TT = 412.91

Global: NONE
    Item loots: NONE
    Club skill points 5997

Comments: 211.11 loss on run, ok..it will bounce back next run.

Run 3) Allophyl mainly Old - Alpha (non lootable PVP)

Cost: FEN Mace, VI amp, Armour = 616.94
    Loot TT = 542.53

Club skill points 6010

Comments: 74.41 loss, it's bound to bounce back next run.

Run 4) Rextelum to Ravager and Old alpha prowler Aetherex that attacked at Naval Base TP

Cost: FEN Mace, VI amp, Armour = 616.58
    Loot TT = 472.72

Club skill points 6020

Comments: Another 143.86 loss, stopped enough is enough (set to global ban).

Final thoughts:

These kind of losses has generally been all of hunts since MM finished, and I paid a lot to do that as well, but at least the globals where flowing on MM, and I could sell boxes to hang in there.

The only thing that was stupid was to deposit near on $3000 in the month, and believe I would be rewarded (or at least be treated to some reasonable loot).

I needed to get my head straight the last few days to be honest (that's why I've not posted), and I've come to the conclusion that I simply can not continue to justify whatever calculations MA are using to base returns. Especially using what should be their NEW special 15 year celebration weapons fully maxed.

Nor can I justify throwing another $1000 - $1500 next month, just to try out a FEN X Mace, to then find out there's no benefit it that either.

Mace went up for sale, as can be seen in auction.

I have no appetite for the game anymore, there comes a point when you just have to accept enough is enough.
    I don't believe in eco or efficiency or whatever MA want to label stats or items in game.

I was happy to pay in exchange to be entertained, but it's all just pain and one sided.

All I can think of is Ma have so much money that they can treat any players how they see fit and not care at all.

It's sad situation. But I'm done with it for the foreseeable future. However Good luck out there.

Rick
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
    Society
    House of Gamers
    Images
    I just won a bet and I thank you.
    GL walking pets.

Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    GL walking pets.
    yikes, also no idea how you found someone to take the other side of this bet lol

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    GL walking pets.
    I wont be walking pets Messi, I'm out.

I often thought though that you have the ear of the always watching balancing manager.
    Plus I thought it was interesting that the loot waves would coincidently start as soon as I jumped in my ship to fly back to TP after burning full mace.

I even stopped part way though the 3rd run, to see it was personal. But again your friends where holding off until I finished burning up the full mace.

But look if you don't want my deposits for the next few years. Then fine, find it from somewhere else.

Whatever....I'm over it.

It's not funny...it's stupid.

Rick
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

well rick... the thing is that gear is basically worthless nowadays. use what brings you fun because the return will be the same.

and messi will say something different, i would too if i had wasted so much money on stupid worthless gear, but that doesnt change the fact that the tt return is the same when comparing ubers or anyone else.

shouldnt be a surprise that so much high end stuff is now for sale

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Perfect example of expectations way way beyond reality.
    Perfect example of how NOT to do (anything in life).

Who told you you can tt profit in 4 runs? Who told you you can tt profit?

Of course gear is very important in this profession, it is the most important thing (there are other very important things too), but you have to understand why is important, not spend 30k on it and assume you win at the end of each day.

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    go hunt plongus instead.

Go for outpunt amps 225% and tier VII comps 600% and you'll do fine!
    wi

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 ... LastLast