Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RickEngland View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    edit: I'll add to this.

Why is it that if running Adj Det sword, that works better for returns with HP ring. But Ares rings works better with Fen Mace (running Mace with HP rings is a killer).

What's that all about under the hood? Can a player "over" damage with a certain ring based on the weapons 'core' or original DPS? If I run Ares ring with Adj Det sword, the systems doesn't seem to like it at all. I've done 100's of experiements with that.

I simply write on experience. Although the ring setup whatever it is, does effect returns. Does this mean the system under the hood, struggles with certain setups and loot return calculations. You tell me? smiles.
    Rick, there's only one answer to this question:

PUT ON YOUR FREAKING TIN FOIL HAT!!!!

You suffer from massive gamblers fallacy effect!
    wi

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    BackBone Angelina Praias
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    Couldn't read the whole train wreck of a thread this is, but my advice is to back the fuck up and re-assess how much you want to input in the game. Just like IRL, if you are trying to "keep up with the Joneses", you better bring your wallet. There's people playing this game that have a shitload of money and time to spend on it.

IMO having uber duber banuber gear that costs more than a house is only really a benefit when you are grinding high end mobs 24/7 and even a fraction of a percent better returns makes a meaningful impact.

After taking a long break and coming back to the game, I started logging every minutiae of everything I did. I tried a variety of different weapons, played with efficiency, DPP, all the shit everyone says to tweak. In the end my conclusion was that the game is fairly well balanced and it's actually hard to fuck up your returns unless you are just throwing peds away on really bad decisions.

Ultimately for my budget and my casual play style, I learned that I can pretty much just use tools that are within my budget and go have fun and not worry about it. In fact, once I felt I had the numbers to satisfy my curiosity, I stopped logging altogether and became much happier. I depo regularly what I feel comfortable with and just keep an eye on my ped card. If it's getting low, I lower my activities. If I've got some padding, I go balls out.

Rick, I think you are too emotionally invested and probably need a break. I also think you overspent what you were comfortable with and now you have buyer's remorse. Sell your gear, get some bankroll together, and do what makes you happy. Don't worry about what everyone else is doing. And if you *do* decide that 24/7 grinding is what you want to do, then you need to find mobs that are within your budget.
    Couldn't agree more. The only point that matters is to play inside our budget. Loot comes and goes the same for everyone, with marginal advantages for people with better gear, but just marginal (0,7% TT loot for each 10 eff increase, if its linear).

Good luck Rick and stay within budget.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    Rick, there's only one answer to this question:

PUT ON YOUR FREAKING TIN FOIL HAT!!!!

You suffer from massive gamblers fallacy effect!
    Look can we just get sensible.

Why do I have to buy software to record something...such as this?

Say I go and tame some devils (Level 6 mobs I think). The system will eventually "set me" to that mob....very low level compared to my skill. Say I do 5 whole whips on that mob, that's well over 1000 ped. I would be well a truly set to the mob level. Regardless of my skill.

Now....if I move to much bigger mob, I need resetting. My evade will be totally shit, my aromour wont work. I will have to die 3 or 4 times on that bigger mob, until it stops hitting me like a train.

Then I will be reset for the new mob.

Just like with rings, I simply made an observation based on loads of runs. and asking what that means. I do not undertand why become so agressive about it.

It's not me, I actually think the game doesn't know how to cope with lots of attribtues and skills. In essence the bullshit caught up with itself. But hey that's what happens.....the system could have issues trying to cope in those situations..... WHY DO YOU THINK IT'S SO PERFECT? smiles at ya.

I often think some poor guy once coded the system to deal with just skills, amour weapon and amp. Now its got to add rings loads of different types, drugs and God know what else.

Did I complain....or was I simply making an observation? Chill,

Rick

Edit: Have you ever used an Adjust Det sword? and tried differrent rings with it over 100's of runs, to understand what works best?
    Last edited by RickEngland; 02-06-2019 at 16:05.
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Look can we just get sensible.

Why do I have to buy software to record something...such as this?

Say I go and tame some devils (Level 6 mobs I think). The system will eventually "set me" to that mob....very low level compared to my skill. Say I do 5 whole whips on that mob, that's well over 1000 ped. I would be well a truly set to the mob level. Regardless of my skill.

Now....if I move to much bigger mob, I need resetting. My evade will be totally shit, my aromour wont work. I will have to die 3 or 4 times on that bigger mob, until it stops hitting me like a train.

Then I will be reset for the new mob.

Just like with rings, I simply made an observation based on loads of runs. and asking what that means. I do not undertand why become so agressive about it.

It's not me, I actually think the game doesn't know how to cope with lots of attribtues and skills. In essence the bullshit caught up with itself. But hey that's what happens.....the system could have issues trying to cope in those situations..... WHY DO YOU THINK IT'S SO PERFECT? smiles at ya.

I often think some poor guy once coded the system to deal with just skills, amour weapon and amp. Now its got to add rings loads of different types, drugs and God know what else.

Did I complain....or was I simply making an observation? Chill,

Rick

Edit: Have you ever used an Adjust Det sword? and tried differrent rings with it over 100's of runs, to understand what works best?
    Rick I'm not aggressive and I do like you a lot.
    But, as many others before me have already stated correctly, you seem to be making a lot of false assumptions drawing a lot of false conclusions.

The term "gamblers fallacy" is what I think describes it best.
    wi

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    Rick I'm not aggressive and I do like you a lot.
    But, as many others before me have already stated correctly, you seem to be making a lot of false assumptions drawing a lot of false conclusions.

The term "gamblers fallacy" is what I think describes it best.
    All is cool,...smiles.

ok here's a simple test for you, one you can try yourself.....becasue its quite funny.

1) Go and hunt the biggest mob you can handle, so you're set to maxed on your evade (I'm over 50 evade, hoping you have similar).

2) Go to the noobie camp take off your amour and stand next to a puny mob, let it hit you until you die. Count the time it takes.

3) After you died try it twice more and measure the time you survive.

This is what you will find.

a) attempt 1; you will keep evading the puny with no armour for proably 30 seconds, until the system says enough is enough, and your evade level will gradually reduce to set you on that puny.

b) on the second attempt after death, you will half-way set to the puny, you should die a lot quicker.

c) by the 3rd attempt, you will hardly evade it at all.

4) now go back to the biggest mob you can handle, and tell me how you get on.....smiles.

So my question after all that.....is your evade constant based on your skill, or variable based on the mob?

I love to make observations and measure, it's the basis of all science and discovery.

Anyway laters I'm out of here. Have a good day,

Rick

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Una Griph Alconbury
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    You got to the insults and I didn't bother reading the rest.
    Might have been harsh but undoubtedly accusing anyone who finds success in here to be a chosen avatar and friends of MA is pretty damn ignorant.

Didn't bother reading or you read and couldn't answer? Either way you sure follow the mentioned pattern of avoiding other opinions and ignoring advice. There is some points in the second half of that post for you to hopefully gain more trust in the system, if you care to take that in. Keep sticking your head in the sand won't get you anywhere from where you are.

There's literally 100's of threads over the years explaining to players that thier failure was due to becasue they didn't have a Imp MKII or Mod merc. So I get a weapon with far superior stats to a Mod Merc. Then get told that is was all bollocks and all those messages of efficiency were in fact a lie to hold prices on other kit.

For years I said I didn't believe that....and I was slammed heavily for it. I was right that running L in many cases was the best thing to do for returns.
    You can not compare loot 1.0 with loot 2.0, it's two totally different systems. Mod Merc for example isn't nearly as good in 2.0 as it used to be in 1.0. For a low turnover hunter like yourself you are absolutely right, it does not make sense to invest in an expensive unlimited weapon for the sake of better returns. It's over a high amount of cycled peds the differences start to show. Simple math. I can't play as much as in the past and I started using L too. Low markup L, that is. High markup L will kill you, for obvious reasons.

90% of the players I know have walked away becasue of ever increasing costs. MA's doing not mine.
    Then MA introduced new gear to kill prices on old gear, (MA's doing not mine), that made the situation even worse. At least I was willing to have a go. I find it incredible that whenever I try to give something new "a good go" in the game, I'm torn down. Yet all I do, is write about those real experiences. Sure it was short term, becasue I realised I made a huge error buying it.
    I didn't break this game, Nor do I make the rules. My 14 years or whatever of hunting is meaningless, apparently everything I've learned, experienced and seen is all fanstasy. Ok whatever. Everything EMW said was bollocks too....ok then whatever.
    Where did anyone ever say you are the sole reason? I sure did not. You damage the game through your posts but you are obviously not the sole reason 90% of the people you know have stopped playing or for "breaking the game".

1 year, 14 years or 25 years does not matter. Unfortunately time does not automatically equal knowledge.

EMW sure had a lively imagination as well. Did you ever see him presenting any proof?

edit: I take all that shit investing and "believing in MA" in Compet, then they swap me those deeds for Ark Moon. Are those deeds ever going to be tradable? Is that my fault....should I not complain? How much shit am I supposed to take, and still believe?

Ohh I see.....I'm not supposed to comment on such matters. It was the players fault.
    This is, again, something entirely different. We were talking hunting in Entropia and your misconceptions of that, not whatever investment you did in a new app. This perfectly sums up discussing with you; constant misunderstandings and spinoffs in all kinds of directions.

Why is it that when HP rings first came out, some players who used them "first" bragged it up in forumn with big hofs, then there was an update and something changed. (No I'm digging out those threads). Does that mean extra HP now doesn't have an impact...are those rings now a placebo?

There is something going on under the hood with the amount of HP we have or extend. But I've not quite put my finger on it. Besides....I'm seeing things that are not there :P

Rick

edit: I'll add to this.

Why is it that if running Adj Det sword, that works better for returns with HP ring. But Ares rings works better with Fen Mace (running Mace with HP rings is a killer).

What's that all about under the hood? Can a player "over" damage with a certain ring based on the weapons 'core' or original DPS? If I run Ares ring with Adj Det sword, the systems doesn't seem to like it at all. I've done 100's of experiements with that.

I simply write on experience. Although the ring setup whatever it is, does effect returns. Does this mean the system under the hood, struggles with certain setups and loot return calculations. You tell me? smiles.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about you drawing the most crazy, illogical and irrational conclusions. Geez. Show us the numbers from these "100's of experiments" or just stop it.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    cB Crimson Blades
    Images
    That's another 2 issues;

1) Are we all supposed to be maxed out digital drug addicts to get anywhere? Does not being a drug addict neagatively effect your ava for returns?....

2) Just becasue it might not have a cost associated with the ring, doesn't mean is doesn't materially effect returns (or have an impact)….
    (MA confirmed fact) Consumables buffs are added to your loot in TT returns. To what degree and how exactly we do not know.

(MA confirmed fact) All buffs, consumable and passive, may have an impact on your cost to kill. Damage per PEC influences your loot composition, and consequently using buffs which generate higher DPP will yield a theoretically more optimal loot composition.

(Jack's extrapolation of the facts) The only "penalty" for not using buffs is the potential for lower loot composition than your competitors (other players).

(Jack's personal opinion) That being said, it is relatively very easy to overcome the lack of loot diversity (a sign of poor loot composition being an abundance of shrapnel in loot) by simply going to any planet that is not Calypso. Because there are less players pulling from the planetary loot pool, there is more diversity to go around - thus less shrapnel.
    Skill Evader and Looter professions fast!
    Mutated Beladoth: 61.68 TT of Athletics (repeatable).
    Mutated Otorugi: 54.35 TT Alertness (repeatable).
    Both mobs available in good density at Songkra Valley. Damage: Cut/Stab/Impact.

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    bigdaddy longhairedlover trim
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BackBone View Post
    Couldn't agree more. The only point that matters is to play inside our budget. Loot comes and goes the same for everyone, with marginal advantages for people with better gear, but just marginal (0,7% TT loot for each 10 eff increase, if its linear).

Good luck Rick and stay within budget.
    There is no point trying to explain to Rick about playing in your budget. He still thinks his a big fish in a little pond, but in reality his just a medium fish in a big lake. He wants to play with the big boys and big boys toys, but his ped card cant handle that type of play level. His Ego wont except this thou so he attacks MA, other players and then cries his being picked on by the rest of community. You have to feel sightly sorry for him, his ego took a good beating like ginger haired step child last year, He really thought COMPETS was going to be massive, even thou from the start others told him it was shit, he kept flogging the poor horse even after was buried 6 foot under. he still had hope that it will raise from ashes like Phoenix. Lets face when you got noob miner from dead planet telling him his got things wrong. He just cant handle it and i am pretty sure he will be back going on about how his smiling, smirking and what going on under the hood. That's all a load of bollocks at the end of day.

D.O.B. 17 Feb 2011 City of dreams
    First ROCKtropian to have a component blueprint and component named after avatar
    http://www.entropedia.info/Info.aspx...terial&id=1886
    Owner of Crunk Stall #1 Ores and Enmatters (cocktails)
    The Daddy of ROCKtropia

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy trim View Post
    i am pretty sure he will be back going on about how his smiling, smirking and what going on under the hood.
    I am pretty sure MA will award you with a FAT HOF for this statement.
    smiles

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    You folks....hahaha

I've said loads of times now. I hear what's been said, assessed that information and took the decision to be ad-hoc hunter now. I'm cool with that.

People want to keep the debate going, don't know why. I treated the thread as general chat to be honest, it's not work, I don't have to be professional (or is it work for some of you). Throw anything in you want to talk about, I don't care

I do throw money at things though (when I want to). I threw 10K at the Brrexit film mentioned somewhere in the thread. Tusk came out today saying "there's a special place in hell for leavers"...its all over the news.

There's some irony there. An ex-PM of Poland elected by no-one as President, has a probem with democratic will. I wonder how he would've felt when the Nazi's that rejected capitalism, so moved their city workers into farming. Then invaded Poland purely for more farm land murdering everyone by hand including children. You know the gas chambers only came about becasue the soliders couldn't cope with murding by hand anymore. So Himmler industrised murder with the invention of gas chambers.

Point is I do move around a lot in discussions becasue History and "Consequence" is very much relative to EU as well in many ways. For the good or bad.

I find it funny, that UnaAlconbury just said Mod Merc isn't nearly as good in Loot 2.0 as it was in loot 1.0 well I don't remember anyone vocally stating that before. However that justifies my point doesn't it.

What weapon is good then for Loot 2.0? That's a question, you tell me.....smiles.

Rick

edit: Also I have like 20 attacks coming at me from all directions everytime I check forum, It's impossible to attempt defend everything. Well I can but the thread will be huge.

For UnaAlconbury....I think it was Messi that said it was my fault all my soc had left (somewhere in the thread). I took it as usual troll (correct me if wrong). Thing is...everytime someone in my soc said they can't cope or justify with the depos anymore and have to leave. I was quite sad about that. The fact I stayed around considering the Compet saga is a miracle really.
    Last edited by RickEngland; 02-06-2019 at 22:34.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast