Info: Ricks 2019 FEN hunting Thread.

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
I promised myself I would approach 2019 with a new hunting eco strategy, and try and take a step forward in game. Unfortunately I still don't have the high end unlimited gear to take on the new high level argo mobs recently introduced that appear to hold many of the new item drops, but I can hang there at Mid-Level I reckon and see how it goes.

Over the Christmas Period and into the New Year; I bought 2 new items:

1) Thorifold Berserker Mace FEN Edition, I will run this with VI melee Amp. 79.8 eco unamped or 79.2 eco with that Amp.

2) Adjust Jaguar Armour (M), I will run this with 5B plates (or my previous Gremlin Armour).

I'll add a bank roll of 4000 peds. That suggests I can run 6 full 500 ped whips and say 6 x 150 part repaired amp before I need to sell down loot.

Although I could continue skilling my best hunting skills, lets assume the weapon is king so I'll concentrate on this Mace skill (on the plus side I have a ton of support skill for it). I intend to list my progress, my costs and returns, maybe it might inspire your own Mid level hunting or maybe you might say what ever Rick is doing I'll avoid it like the plague...laughing.

I will probably tag with VI combustive chip with VII (L) amp. Although 99% damage I assume will be Mace.

However a bit about Rick first before I start:

Total skill points: 386038
Total Attributes: 635
Current HP: 262
Club skill points: 5980
Two handed Clubber (hit) level: 56.1485
One handed Clubber (dam) level: 58.8144

Those are the two club professions that Mace uses.

ok lets get this started.

edit: Bugger....Well looks like I cant get this started as hit the monthly depo limit. On hold until that's sorted.

Rick

Last edited:
I'll add a bank roll of 4000 peds. That suggests I can run 6 full 500 ped whips and say 6 x 150 part repaired amp before I need to sell down loot.

Still have some muscle memory kicking in there haha. Curious to see your results. What mobs are you planning on targeting? Good luck and welcome to the mace club

Last edited:
Good luck! Hope to see good loot and some nice skill gain for ya.

:)

Still have some muscle memory kicking in there haha. Curious to see your results. What mobs are you planning on targeting? Good luck and welcome to the mace club

Also, is it a one handed or two handed club? should get your starting point on that figured out too :p

Good luck! I enjoy melee logs.

I'll try and match it to mobs, young - old feffox seem quite nice with it.
Just need to do some long decent runs I think.

Good luck! Hope to see good loot and some nice skill gain for ya.

:)

Cheers :) Maybe try some scrips on your LA now I got better armour.

Also, is it a one handed or two handed club? should get your starting point on that figured out too :p

Good luck! I enjoy melee logs.

It's a two handed and one handed Mace...strange right!!! Two handed hit, one handed dam. Must be a reason for it under the hood.

Anyway can't do much until the calendar moves along, and the depo limit is there for a reason. So I just need a little patience, then I'll get going.

Cheers

Rick

Good luck with your log mate , will follow along.

subscribing, good luck

I will follow this thread to check my theory: No matter your skills, gear you will in long run end up 95% return with super low chance of looting something worhty. All it matters to kill 10k mobs in a row to get your ammo back.

Still, good luck on your journey.

I will follow this thread to check my theory: No matter your skills, gear you will in long run end up 95% return with super low chance of looting something worhty. All it matters to kill 10k mobs in a row to get your ammo back.

Still, good luck on your journey.

Thanks; I won't be starting it until Febuary, as I'm not upping the depo limit, which I guess is there to protect us from over spending. Which makes me think that if I ever bought an item for 60K that would be 2 months full depo limit (of doing nothing in game) and not be able to use that weapon I bought until the 3rd month kicked in. It's interesting that, becasue surely the system is not designed to work like that....smiles.

It's often said that if you continue hunting the same mob in one session, eventually the system would be forced to payout assuming you had the bank roll to keep going. I feel more comfortable during events taking that approach as the pool of peds is much easier to tap into as many more players are contributing to those particular mobs.

Take the current hof board, most of the mobs hoffing are top end Argos: Agrash 17580 HP, Lumed 14780 HP being hunted solo. That's a very different game to that of say 2006 when there were 50+ hunters at twin peaks almost 24/7 on argo young 300 HP to argo hunters 700 HP globalling and hoffing constantly. Now if those big argo were on the same server as the little ones, I'll feel a lot more comfortable attempting to dip into that pool. Even so; for each Agrash kill the damage done is in effect like killing 25 argo hunters in one mob, not counting difficulty or equipment needed to take them on.

For me I want to know what the mid level players are hofing on, and how many are hunting to provide some sort of indication of what to go for, outside of those big argo. I say; Roll on the next event.

Rick

Thanks; I won't be starting it until Febuary, as I'm not upping the depo limit, which I guess is there to protect us from over spending. Which makes me think that if I ever bought an item for 60K that would be 2 months full depo limit (of doing nothing in game) and not be able to use that weapon I bought until the 3rd month kicked in. It's interesting that, becasue surely the system is not designed to work like that....smiles.

Yes you are right about that. You can always contact support and have them set you deposit limit way higher if you want to. Actually believe that was my fastest processed support ticket when I asked them to do that for me. :laugh:

I promised myself I would approach 2019 with a new hunting eco strategy, and try and take a step forward in game. Unfortunately I still don't have the high end unlimited gear to take on the new high level argo mobs recently introduced that appear to hold many of the new item drops, but I can hang there at Mid-Level I reckon and see how it goes.

Over the Christmas Period and into the New Year; I bought 2 new items:

1) Thorifold Berserker Mace FEN Edition, I will run this with VI melee Amp. 79.8 eco unamped or 79.2 eco with that Amp.

2) Adjust Jaguar Armour (M), I will run this with 5B plates (or my previous Gremlin Armour).

Although I could continue skilling my best hunting skills, lets assume the weapon is king so I'll concentrate on this Mace skill (on the plus side I have a ton of support skill for it). I intend to list my progress, my costs and returns, maybe it might inspire your own Mid level hunting or maybe you might say what ever Rick is doing I'll avoid it like the plague...laughing.

I will probably tag with VI combustive chip with VII (L) amp. Although 99% damage I assume will be Mace.

However a bit about Rick first before I start:

Total skill points: 386038
Total Attributes: 635
Current HP: 262
Club skill points: 5980
Two handed Clubber (hit) level: 56.1485
One handed Clubber (dam) level: 58.8144

Those are the two club professions that Mace uses.

ok lets get this started.

edit: Bugger....Well looks like I cant get this started as hit the monthly depo limit. On hold until that's sorted.

Rick

I want to see the result, good luck anyway.
I think you will add your return TT and markup with cons it will be good if you add the real value of your markup once sold and not your sales predictions if possible and of course the time if you stay on only your current bankroll.

It's a two handed and one handed Mace...strange right!!! Two handed hit, one handed dam. Must be a reason for it under the hood.

A number of looted clubs from several planets (Arkadian bloodstained axes, Cyrean Redstar smashers) are set up in the same manner and have been for years.

The cynic in me says the most likely reason is hard to comprehend internal names set up by someone who has already retired. (see also: lots of items in wrong categories on auction)

Hi Rick,

Subbing and I'm sure there's plenty to learn on your endeavors in trying out your hunting with melee clubs this year. Also, curious to what planet and mobs you be going after (hope ones that you can comfortably kill and that has decent MU drops). Anyways, wish you the best of luck, gain plenty of skills, loot some cool things perhaps, and more importantly of all is have fun in EU again m8 doing all of this next month.

Cheerz,
Vi

Well this didn't get off the ground before it even started.

Despite shocking returns since Merry Mayhem finished, I thought I'd deposit another £90 (1120 ped) which took me to the max 30K ped deposit limit. This was on Wednesday 23rd January.

I was on Ark after saving that noob stuck in space, so did one run there. But I wanted to go back to Caly as had some skills pills and thought it best to run hunts with those.

Run 1) Ark Underground Togo.

Cost: FEN Mace, VI amp, Armour = 624.71
Loot TT = 619.19

Globals 1 x 81 ped
Item loots: 1 x 35 ped L gun.
Club skill points 5987

Comment: Small loss, not so bad.

Run 2) Back to Caly. Feffox (young to old)

Cost: FEN Mace, VI amp, Armour = 624.02
Loot TT = 412.91

Global: NONE
Item loots: NONE
Club skill points 5997

Comments: 211.11 loss on run, ok..it will bounce back next run.

Run 3) Allophyl mainly Old - Alpha (non lootable PVP)

Cost: FEN Mace, VI amp, Armour = 616.94
Loot TT = 542.53

Club skill points 6010

Comments: 74.41 loss, it's bound to bounce back next run.

Run 4) Rextelum to Ravager and Old alpha prowler Aetherex that attacked at Naval Base TP

Cost: FEN Mace, VI amp, Armour = 616.58
Loot TT = 472.72

Club skill points 6020

Comments: Another 143.86 loss, stopped enough is enough (set to global ban).

Final thoughts:

These kind of losses has generally been all of hunts since MM finished, and I paid a lot to do that as well, but at least the globals where flowing on MM, and I could sell boxes to hang in there.

The only thing that was stupid was to deposit near on $3000 in the month, and believe I would be rewarded (or at least be treated to some reasonable loot).

I needed to get my head straight the last few days to be honest (that's why I've not posted), and I've come to the conclusion that I simply can not continue to justify whatever calculations MA are using to base returns. Especially using what should be their NEW special 15 year celebration weapons fully maxed.

Nor can I justify throwing another $1000 - $1500 next month, just to try out a FEN X Mace, to then find out there's no benefit it that either.

Mace went up for sale, as can be seen in auction.

I have no appetite for the game anymore, there comes a point when you just have to accept enough is enough.
I don't believe in eco or efficiency or whatever MA want to label stats or items in game.

I was happy to pay in exchange to be entertained, but it's all just pain and one sided.

All I can think of is Ma have so much money that they can treat any players how they see fit and not care at all.

It's sad situation. But I'm done with it for the foreseeable future. However Good luck out there.

Rick

I just won a bet and I thank you.
GL walking pets.

I wont be walking pets Messi, I'm out.

I often thought though that you have the ear of the always watching balancing manager.
Plus I thought it was interesting that the loot waves would coincidently start as soon as I jumped in my ship to fly back to TP after burning full mace.

I even stopped part way though the 3rd run, to see it was personal. But again your friends where holding off until I finished burning up the full mace.

But look if you don't want my deposits for the next few years. Then fine, find it from somewhere else.

Whatever....I'm over it.

It's not funny...it's stupid.

Rick

well rick... the thing is that gear is basically worthless nowadays. use what brings you fun because the return will be the same.

and messi will say something different, i would too if i had wasted so much money on stupid worthless gear, but that doesnt change the fact that the tt return is the same when comparing ubers or anyone else.

shouldnt be a surprise that so much high end stuff is now for sale

Perfect example of expectations way way beyond reality.
Perfect example of how NOT to do (anything in life).

Who told you you can tt profit in 4 runs? Who told you you can tt profit?

Of course gear is very important in this profession, it is the most important thing (there are other very important things too), but you have to understand why is important, not spend 30k on it and assume you win at the end of each day.

go hunt plongus instead.

Go for outpunt amps 225% and tier VII comps 600% and you'll do fine!

Perfect example of expectations way way beyond reality.
Perfect example of how NOT to do (anything in life).

Who told you you can tt profit in 4 runs? Who told you you can tt profit?

Of course gear is very important in this profession, it is the most important thing (there are other very important things too), but you have to understand why is important, not spend 30k on it and assume you win at the end of each day.

Look Evey we all know you're in the special chosen club (friends of MA) that share gear to get what you need done. It's no secret out there. Otherwise we'd like to know how you manage to get hundreds of K worth of gear, and a recent full set of new MM armour, plus use other peoples 120K guns and borrowed rings, and even run it over amped without punishment.

But the point is this, you guys were out to get me as soon as I started this thread. You didn't want me succeeding.

But running 2.5K of ped with one global and no where near average returns is very very suspect with a 79 eco weapon, on mobs with decent enough quantity of kills. Plus I've reached my depo limit. Any normal company would throw a few k at the player to at least cover them until they can depo again.

Just take the ego down a few pegs. Did make me laugh in your stream when you were flicking through your profession pages then thought twice about showing third page, because it would look too embarrassing and dent your ego. so you changed your mind. Maybe you should delete that twitch clip.

Hey ho. It's my money I'll choose what I'll spend it on.

And another thing your second chip didn't sell for 20K and I was right, even though you said people were queuing up to buy the gear. Nor is my Mace selling for cheap 16K for 7th best melee weapon in game, and best melee weapon for level 40 to use.

So its all bollocks.

Rick

edit: Much like Ma introduced attributes mission, not for the players, but for their friends. Because it got to the point that the general community started to question how overnight magically super ubers immerged with hardly any attributes at all.....so the community started scratching their heads. Then repeatable short missions were set up on the secret to acquire those attributes (then shut them down once the job was completed) We're not stupid, we just want fairness.

Last edited:
But running 2.5K of ped with one global and no where near average returns is very very suspect with a 79 eco weapon, on mobs with decent enough quantity of kills.

There is the problem Rick: You fell for the efficiency meme. Paying overprice for an item that mightget you a small percentage better overall loot quantity probably after ridiculous amount of turnover. 79 efficiency vs 50 efficiency is probably not even noticeable at the amount of cycling you do.

Hunting right mob at right time, leads you to profit. If you also have decent dpp and dps, then you are set. These new FEN weapons with their ridiculous tiering cost is just a beginners trap.

Efficiency since its implementation is just a hype to get the weapon market going.

Plus I've reached my depo limit. Any normal company would throw a few k at the player to at least cover them until they can depo again.

So its all bollocks.

Also if you need to continuously deposit to not risk of ruin then fix your bankroll! This FEN upgrade of yours have pretty decent dps, so cost per hour probably requires at least 10 k peds on account to handle periods of worse returns.

If deposit per month is an issue then save to deposit higher amount or take a break so you reach that amount before starting to cycling.

But the point is this, you guys were out to get me as soon as I started this thread. You didn't want me succeeding.

You can't succeed because you are not prepared for it.You need a lot of competent traits to succeed.You don't have any.

But running 2.5K of ped with one global and no where near average returns is very very suspect with a 79 eco weapon, on mobs with decent enough quantity of kills.
About time to start reading on bankroll management, its on the forum somewhere I'm sure you will find it.

Plus I've reached my depo limit. Any normal company would throw a few k at the player to at least cover them until they can depo again.

Reached limit?send id and raise it.You feel entitled to get a "few k" because you deposit how cool is that?

[/QUOTE]

Thx for testing Rick, even if it was only 4k ped.
Guess I won't be buying any FEN item anytime soon.

Let the fanboys be the fanboys. They got high efficiency items to sell.

[/QUOTE]

Messi

I've got about $10K worth of gear, probably $30K of skills, not the end of the world. To the point that even if I didn't chip it out, its not a big deal.

Regardless if you accept it or not, your position is a lot more vulnerable than mine. In the current environment that gear is struggling to move. I'd be asking myself why I need $500K of gear and chipped in skill to loot stuff that is becoming impossible to shift at the prices being asked (mainly because people can't sell the current gear Ma devalued overnight). The reality will hit soon.

Plus they wiped out all their old player base with introduction of looter skills. imagine being a level 100 player and thinking I'll just pop into EU for some event hunting. Then they arrive to find they need to get 100 levels of looter skill, for just some short term "entertainment" hunting. All these things are having huge impact.

When you got like 15 players max ruling the game with 99% of the available gear and new gear that drop, I'd be asking myself who is going to fund your ava over the next two years+

In the last 6 months, my soc has lost most of their players (they've had enough), good players too with 300K skills. Why? MA have got an income problem, and sadly this is of their own doing.

I'm really fond of EU, I truly am. But MA have got some serious problems, and you will feel that pain much more than me eventually.

I'm off to watch a movie.

I wish you well though Messi, I want all players to enjoy their entertainment time.

Rick

Thx for testing Rick, even if it was only 4k ped.
Guess I won't be buying any FEN item anytime soon.

Let the fanboys be the fanboys. They got high efficiency items to sell.

Thanks Spawn;

I ran that club for most of Merry Mayham FFA, it went ok actually (it was doable), and I did MM a good 5 x 10 stages.
So a lot of turnover. But MA changed something under the hood after the event (not the first time).

I smile to myself because for the last 10 years or so the usual crowd said, you got the wrong gear that's your problem.

So sure I've got expectations if I'm running something extremely eco. and rightly so. There comes a point that the smoke and mirrors run out of excuses. I'd love to know how those people are getting on with those new argo claws.

I'm so glad I didn't buy a 30K FEN chip, and I was so close at one point. Almost bought FEN X mace but no one would sell me one for $1000.....phew got out of jail there....hahaha.

Oh well...it was worth a shot.

I just don't have the appetite to depo another $400 on 1st Feb, to be let down....that's the truth of it.

I'll keep a toe in the game though,... No rush.

GL mate

Rick

Regardless if you accept it or not, your position is a lot more vulnerable than mine.

[/QUOTE]

I was told the same back in 2014 when I did large investment and had solid plans for the upcoming 2 years +
They were obviously wrong at that time.Its the same now.Short time I might look vulnerable as you might think but I don't feel that way at all.I am not worried at all of what is about to come because I look on how things works not on what average people discuss.

I wish you well though Messi, I want all players to enjoy their entertainment time.

[/QUOTE]

I really hope they get all the entertainment they can get but if they want entertainment and profit they better be prepared.This game is not for everyone and you are clearly a good example and I hope people actually put some effort in prospecting valuable information from what they can get their hands on and just don't do the same mistakes fail players do all the time.

I didn't expect less from you Rick :laugh: said oke i'm sure he killed few mobs he had a bad cycle and gave up

I wonder what did you expect to happen in a 4k peds hunt.

Gotta give Rick credit for atleast depoing and trying, but perhaps more guidance, patience, and learn from those who are surviving and able to sustain in the positives (good points from others in this thread btw).

Yes, bank roll management is key; MU from loot is golden; patience/research/and adapting/dynamics is part of the game to; and also thinking "outside the box" or "doing what unsuccessful people ingame are not willing to do is another key to success", IMO.

Anyways, thanks for sharing and posting, but this game is similiar to surfing, lots of bad waves and takes time to understand and observe the good waves when you find them. Sorry to see you go Rick and think it's best to take a break in the meantime, and let me know when you want to join the Mining Profession or give it try this year.

R.O.R Link: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?287791-Risk-of-Ruin-Bankroll-Management

Cheerz,
Vi

I didn't expect less from you Rick :laugh: said oke i'm sure he killed few mobs he had a bad cycle and gave up

I wonder what did you expect to happen in a 4k peds hunt.

I think he expected to have at least one profitable run.
I did 15 hours of mayhem rotating 1000 peds, and I came out with profit. I don't own high efficiency Gear.
If the result of rotating 4k peds with high eff Gear is 600 ped loss... Well Rick drew his conclusion.

Back