High HR = key to succes !!!

This is a bit trickier to test compared to previous things, but here's what I would envision:

1. Have everyone go mining in a specific revival zone with the same (or roughly similar) finder depth. Let's say 50 unamped drops for now (ore and enmatter at the same time to speed things up). Pick someone to go first, another follows the exact path shortly behind the first, a third person follows #2, etc. Logistics could be worked out, but we could just generate a list of 110m-spaced coords for each person to drop at once the previous person is done there. If you get claims, pull them. I can't say if open claims affect anything versus one being pulled recently, but just to make sure it's standardized.
  2. Repeat #1 with each person having a different depth finder (maybe 150m difference for good measure). This will test if depth affects hit rate due to other people mining at the same depth.
  3. Basically do 1, but with concern over having each person bomb the same location just as long as it's within the same revival zone.

#1 is probably the better test first since if there is a difference, 1 will pick up on it, while 2 is kind of secondary to be tried out on a different day only if #1 shows a difference. #2 is basically assuming other miners affect hit rate, but is it only at the depth the previous person mined?

For both of these, the person should track their hit rate and maybe total drops and TT of each claim (exact size is preferable to the categorical claim size). The TT may not be that important, but it's possible claim size might vary too. Maybe just the first and last person in the chain could track TT and optional for others if they don't want to track the extra stuff besides hit rate.

I'd also suggest a single drop at each coordinate rather than dropping again if you find a claim with some search radius remaining. The first person filling out their search radius in this case might help make more differences apparent if there were only two people, but if we can get three or four, a decline in hit rate should still be detectable.

What I would end up doing is testing whether hit rate or average claim size are different comparing the first person to the others. Three or four people doing this would probably do the trick. I'm not really very flexible with time the rest of this week to join, but if it's say next weekend (Feb 23-24) I'd volunteer to go last so no one else has to be hesitant about potentially getting nothing. If someone gets this together before then, I can analyze it at any time as long as I get total drops and number of claims found for each person as well as their order in the chain. If this sounds like a plan for people, we can make sure to have more specific instructions finalized before starting anything.

Edit: I added 3 in since that's been discussed a little bit already. I think 1 would be the best for initial testing, though 3 could be interesting. 2 still seems contingent on differences in 1.

I'm in for this, specific times can be talked about since I'm EU timeline and I can point out some really nice spaces without mobs and where hardly any 1 comes and volunteer to go up first to last also, it doesn't matter for me that much, only the results :)
I can use finder F-101 up to F-106

I would suggest for you to start a new thread for this test to publish results?
Can't wait to do this !!!

I can write up a thread tomorrow. Should we just do #1 for now and see how that goes before trying the others out?

I can write up a thread tomorrow. Should we just do #1 for now and see how that goes before trying the others out?

All is ok for me, you know how to do this best :)

I miss the time as we had one finder for ores and one for enm. It made it more easy to use ores or enm in different ways. This don't means also to have some finder, doing both. I also would like, if the finder would remember the setup u did. Lets say for 106 finder you have ores setup, and on 105 you could setup for enm. So you just can take one of both, without the pain that you as first need to do a setup for ores or enm, and or need to remove enhancer and put in.

I would love to have a finder for enm and 1 for ores again also, but having 2 x F-106 would be a bit to expensive :hammer:

But now you got me thinking about using the F-105 for the enm :laugh: but as I said before, I hardly do enm and ores at the same time.

Now you need also to switch between finders .... as I think I remember seeing them both on my screen when mining.

Last edited:
I would love to have a finder for enm and 1 for ores again also, but having 2 x F-106 would be a bit to expensive :hammer:

But now you got me thinking about using the F-105 for the enm :laugh: but as I said before, I hardly do enm and ores at the same time.

Now you need also to switch between finders .... as I think I remember seeing them both on my screen when mining.

If i remember right (not sure), I had a 106 for enm, before they changed it to be one finder for both. But right, it would increase the investment cost a bit. So one finder for all 3 is just fine now.

But I realy would like to have a memory in each finder, so the last setup u used there is set, if you equipe the finder. That way you dont need to switch the setup all the time, and you could use 2 different finder with different setups. (or at more finders, if need)

I think, that would be a easy task for MA, to implement that feature.

Some say high HR = smaller claims, I do not think so.

Even on a saturday morning I went mining and here are my results :

screenshot_-_16-mar-19_7_18_32_am.jpg

In this run I got 1 x XIV - 2 x IX - 3 x VI

Used amps : level 1 and 2

Finder F-106 + 5 depth enh

Mined resources : Azzurdite / Gold/ Narc / Iron / Iolite

TT return 186%

Last edited:
I've never seen such high hit rates. And I've been mining some !

Barely ever been over 20-25%.

Taking old disciple or internship?

:)

Been testing this low HR out and ....

First there is a big differents between mining at some great or "overmined" zones

So I decided to create my own "overmined" zone by doing the same spots over and over again with 1 hour in between.
An overmined zone will always have around 20-25% (or even lower) HR because it can't recover

Used F-106 no depth enh
For this loop-test I went for enm with amp 1, using amp 1 to avoid tiny's for enm missions and going for enm because of the costs
HR might be different depending what/where you are mining.

Doing 50 drops at the same places on every run
Mined resources : Oil - lyta - dianthus - typo - garcen

1st run : HR 40% (TT return 110%)
2nd run : HR 25% (TT return 67,28%)
3th run : HR 26% (TT return 72,88%)
4th run : HR 29% (TT return 80,64%) here oil and lyta where coming back again finally

Keep in mind that the tests King, Casper and me done, was dual mining on another server and spawns for regular ores are much faster

EDIT : This is the best way to know the zone, to know when resources spawn, and how long you need to wait to mine it again.

Last edited:
So, if I get it clearly, when I was getting these kind of low HR it just means I was very badly choosing my zones, being too well known and mined.

To be honest, my HR has been going better since I have started to know and listen to you ;)

So, if I get it clearly, when I was getting these kind of low HR it just means I was very badly choosing my zones, being too well known and mined.

To be honest, my HR has been going better since I have started to know and listen to you ;)

Good to hear :)

I just had to wait a bit more time in that zone and dianthus and typo where back and I got the 40% HR back, once you know all that, you can mine 1 zone, have a great run and then go to the following zone and come back every 4-5 hours to this zone

Now once you know when zones are optimal, use amps :)

It takes time to map, test it and try it again and again but its worth it. I started mostly in zones that only had 50 drops, some I expanded now to 100/200 drops and so on, but most important is to know the timing.

If you do the same for ores you will see that spawn times are even a lot shorter (depending the ores ofc)

Last edited:
Good to hear :)

I just had to wait a bit more time in that zone and dianthus and typo where back and I got the 40% HR back, once you know all that, you can mine 1 zone, have a great run and then go to the following zone and come back every 4-5 hours to this zone

Now once you know when zones are optimal, use amps :)

It takes time to map, test it and try it again and again but its worth it. I started mostly in zones that only had 50 drops, some I expanded now to 100/200 drops and so on, but most important is to know the timing.

If you do the same for ores you will see that spawn times are even a lot shorter (depending the ores ofc)

With regards to respawn timing, I let the game tell me when to come back to an area... Every claim has an expiry timer so for every run you start, make sure that you have no expiry timers running.

Back